Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Alhamdulillah for winter!

Salam alaikum

title says it all,female fitnah season is over for me as I went downtown to do some shopping this morning and it was nice balmy -20*C and whether the kuffar women like it or not 95% have to cover up in weather like this.

some are still stubborn and try to get around without toques and 3/4 length heavy coats but they're not on the street for long as they literally have to run for cover as the it's too cold to stand around.

Alhamdulillah,haven't enjoy winter since I was a kid and went tobogganing but I'm back to loving winter!!!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    656 Post(s)

Re: Alhamdulillah for winter!

Hello darkness my old friend (@eesa the kiwi).

I just love crisp winter walks in the morning and winter themed over-priced coffee!
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Winter is bad for productivity

I aint getting any work done

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)

Wa'alaykumsalaam,

lool what a funny reason, wasn't expecting that. Hot or cold I'm just never happy with the weather.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)

It certainly isn't -20 for most of us! Anyway, surely the fitna of women is not completely confined to their clothing? I assume in winter they still have to go to work and free mix with men? People drink more alcohol in the winter too which probably doesn't help fitnah wise either.... Anyhoo I love winter. I am in a state of 'hygge' from about 2pm everyday

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3209 Post(s)

I remember my mosque teacher used to say this lol he made all of us laugh when he said it but it made me more aware - summer is such a fitnah and ever year it keeps getting worse.
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Odan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

I like winter, but detest the gas and electricity bill.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    Salam alaikum

title says it all,female fitnah season is over for me as I went downtown to do some shopping this morning and it was nice balmy -20*C and whether the kuffar women like it or not 95% have to cover up in weather like this.

some are still stubborn and try to get around without toques and 3/4 length heavy coats but they're not on the street for long as they literally have to run for cover as the it's too cold to stand around.

Alhamdulillah,haven't enjoy winter since I was a kid and went tobogganing but I'm back to loving winter!!!

samsandman i have ur life planned for u

U need to direct that neighbour to the right dawah material whilst completely disengaging from any contact with her

u need to just keep up ur worship in blessed winter where u can fast in the short days and worship in the long nights and ask Allah swt for a good sincere wife cos u feel lonely

Then inshaAllah He will make a way as long as u keep away

and then female fitna will decrease multifold inshaAllah

i have decided inshaAllah
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EenieMeanie View Post
    I remember my mosque teacher used to say this lol he made all of us laugh when he said it but it made me more aware - summer is such a fitnah and ever year it keeps getting worse.
    It was blazing hot here this summer too and somedays I had to actually plan my day around what would be the least amount of fitnah for me.

Walking to the masjid and taking the alleys to avoid women,shopping for food as soon the store opened during the weekdays not going downtown pretty much at all.

some White people do very poorly in the heat and if the temp hits like 20*C most of the white guys have their shirts off,it's funny as soon as we get the first decently warm day here in May you see all the white guys from 15-70 out mowing their laws with their shirts off no matter how out of shape and lilly white they are.
    I personally can't handle heat over like 25*C well,once it gets into the 30 I'm useless. There a reason that white people live in northern countries,they are not tropical people.
    You see guys from africa and Indian subcontinent wearing jackets and toques her right up to July and all the white people look at them like they are completely insane.

I also don't tan very well,I painfully and severely burn,turn bright red like a cooked lobster for a few days,my skin peels off(literally) and I go from glow-in-the-dark, casper the friendly ghost white to just sorta pale pink.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    656 Post(s)

Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)

It was blazing hot here this summer too and somedays I had to actually plan my day around what would be the least amount of fitnah for me.

Walking to the masjid and taking the alleys to avoid women,shopping for food as soon the store opened during the weekdays not going downtown pretty much at all.

some White people do very poorly in the heat and if the temp hits like 20*C most of the white guys have their shirts off,it's funny as soon as we get the first decently warm day here in May you see all the white guys from 15-70 out mowing their laws with their shirts off no matter how out of shape and lilly white they are.
    I personally can't handle heat over like 25*C well,once it gets into the 30 I'm useless. There a reason that white people live in northern countries,they are not tropical people.
    You see guys from africa and Indian subcontinent wearing jackets and toques her right up to July and all the white people look at them like they are completely insane.

I also don't tan very well,I painfully and severely burn,turn bright red like a cooked lobster for a few days,my skin peels off(literally) and I go from glow-in-the-dark, casper the friendly ghost white to just sorta pale pink.
    I hate when guys walk around shirtless, like, no one wants to see your man boobs swinging around. It hurts to see fit people shirtless too, makes me jealous I am not in shape. Oh, one step at a time.

What country are you in? Just trying to figure out where it is that is so cold . I prefer winter over summer too, I can't stand the humidity.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    706 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faith reloaded View Post

How come?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

"What an excellent time the winter is for the believer! Its nights are long so he stands in prayer during them, and its days are short so he fasts them."-hasan al basri
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    Summer is approaching here
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

Gonna experience winter for the first time soon
    Hope I can survive the temperatures though
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Cos it’s dark and cold which makes me sleepy and lazy

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Summer crew checking in...

Look forward Alhamdu-Lillah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Nah

Summer is hot, bothersome, sticky and frustrating

Best is spring. Not too cold, not too hot, enough sunlight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

As I cover up abaya nikab etc I find people do stare at me in the summer especially when it's quite hot. In winter the staring is not so bad. To be honest the stares don't bother me. When people say aren't you hot in all that I just say I am used to it. I did say to one Muslim person once that fire of hell is far hotter.

I was in a waiting room a few weeks ago and even though it was not so cold I was wearing a cardigan over my abaya. It wasn't a thick cardi. Was one of them thin ones (but not see through). Anyway this Muslim woman with a child and I think her husband came sat near me. I said salam to the woman. Then her husband says to her in own language why don't you cover up like her. I didn't know if he actually meant it or not but the woman said only mad people dress like that. I understood the language they spoke and felt a bit hurt at what she said. I was going to give her a lecture about hijab but I had a feeling I probably would get emotional and end up in tears. So I just got up and moved away from her.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

i like turtles

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Winter must be fun, with all the snow around (for some)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abisali View Post
    I hate when guys walk around shirtless, like, no one wants to see your man boobs swinging around. It hurts to see fit people shirtless too, makes me jealous I am not in shape. Oh, one step at a time.

What country are you in? Just trying to figure out where it is that is so cold . I prefer winter over summer too, I can't stand the humidity.
    Canada,on the prairies.

-20*C is cold and fairly normal for winter here but I've seen it get into the -40*C range with the windchill factor which is life threatening cold.
    There are places farther north that get into the -40 range on a regular basis and get as cold -60. When it's that cold basic everyday things become very difficult. Places like Snag and Old Crow Yukon territory are brutally cold,few people live that far north though and most people who live in Canada live in the southern 5% of the country for good reason.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)

Canada,on the prairies.

-20*C is cold and fairly normal for winter here but I've seen it get into the -40*C range with the windchill factor which is life threatening cold.
    There are places farther north that get into the -40 range on a regular basis and get as cold -60. When it's that cold basic everyday things become very difficult. Places like Snag and Old Crow Yukon territory are brutally cold,few people live that far north though and most people who live in Canada live in the southern 5% of the country for good reason.
    Yea, I like colder weather, just not that cold. If I were to live in Canada, I'd probably end up in Vancouver, if I had lots of money.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    I like winter, but detest the gas and electricity bill.
    Surprisingly mine aint too bad i have a large 2 bedroom luxury apartment Tom myself water is around 60 every 3 months and electric is 5 pounds a month SubhanAllah don't even ask why its cheap i have servers and PC's running 24/7 .... Try switching to Npower im just assuming ur in the UK

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Surprisingly mine aint too bad i have a large 2 bedroom luxury apartment Tom myself water is around 60 every 3 months and electric is 5 pounds a month SubhanAllah don't even ask why its cheap i have servers and PC's running 24/7 .... Try switching to Npower im just assuming ur in the UK
    That is super cheap for electricity,mine is like 8-9 times that amount(converted to canadian dollars 55-65) and that's still cheap for Canada
    all the stupid fees I pay on the city own utilities double my bill every month,water and gas are included in my rent which I really like.
    Alhamdulillah I finally have nice apartment in a good area for once, most of my life I lived in scummy basement suites in really shady areas and the area I'm in now is quiet,clean,relatively crime free and walking distance to the masjid.
    Allah awj blessed me with this place.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3209 Post(s)

Yeah, sun burn is the worst. I didn’t realise people of colour could get sun burn but it can happen and alhamdullilah for aloe vera gel
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Odan
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1563 Post(s)

try hot and humid.. in hijab.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EenieMeanie View Post
    Yeah, sun burn is the worst. I didn’t realise people of colour could get sun burn but it can happen and alhamdullilah for aloe vera gel
    Yes some can,it depends on the UV index for that day and even the time of day and the length of time of exposure.

I can burn in less than 5 minutes and even burn while wearing a white t shirt,it's ridiculous.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

That is super cheap for electricity,mine is like 8-9 times that amount(converted to canadian dollars 55-65) and that's still cheap for Canada
    all the stupid fees I pay on the city own utilities double my bill every month,water and gas are included in my rent which I really like.
    Alhamdulillah I finally have nice apartment in a good area for once, most of my life I lived in scummy basement suites in really shady areas and the area I'm in now is quiet,clean,relatively crime free and walking distance to the masjid.
    Allah awj blessed me with this place.
    Allah give you whatever good there is in this mew place and keep away any bad there is in this new place and allah ease the financial side of things on you mate

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nudgetheputri View Post
    try hot and humid.. in hijab.
    Pass,thank you

I Lived in Eastern Canada(near Toronto,Ontario) for a few years where the humidty get to 100% and the temp gets in the 30's in summer. Too hot for my blood.

Sister who wear hijab in t weather like that get my sympathy

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Allah give you whatever good there is in this mew place and keep away any bad there is in this new place and allah ease the financial side of things on you mate
    ameen

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)

AW: Re: Alhamdulillah for winter!

Yes some can,it depends on the UV index for that day and even the time of day and the length of time of exposure.

I can burn in less than 5 minutes and even burn while wearing a white t shirt,it's ridiculous.
    with what do you shower? Gasoline ... whats in your skin that allows it to burn so quick?
    Me I would love to experience a 60 degrees celcius temperature,and even more if I can handle it.I have tried 40,its normal to me,and am white -_-
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Re: AW: Re: Alhamdulillah for winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    with what do you shower? Gasoline ... whats in your skin that allows it to burn so quick?
    Me I would love to experience a 60 degrees celcius temperature,and even more if I can handle it.I have tried 40,its normal to me,and am white -_-
    white is a pretty broad term as some white people can be get very tan quite easily like italians,spanish, greeks and some frenchmen and some don't tan well at all like Irish,scottish,welsh,some english,scandanavian ,germanic and especially celtic people with red hair.

Some white people are very slow to build up melanin.some are not.

60 degrees fahrenheit or celsius?
    60*F is a nice day to me,60*C is too close to jahannem.
    Count me out of anything over say 27-30*C and over 50%rH.

I do well in the 18-22*C range,I'm ideally suited to room tempreture,LOL

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)

AW: Re: AW: Re: Alhamdulillah for winter!

white is a pretty broad term as some white people can be get very tan quite easily like italians,spanish, greeks and some frenchmen and some don't tan well at all like Irish,scottish,welsh,some english,scandanavian ,germanic and especially celtic people with red hair.

Some white people are very slow to build up melanin.some are not.

60 degrees fahrenheit or celsius?
    60*F is a nice day to me,60*C is too close to jahannem.
    Count me out of anything over say 27-30*C and over 50%rH.

I do well in the 18-22*C range,I'm ideally suited to room tempreture,LOL
    my mother is greek,am a mix of Mediterranean races,and i dont get tanned.I get burnt,then completely healed in 2 days,but not tanned..ughh

60 Celsius. You can fry an egg on sand when it is 60 degree Celcius.So beautiful

You seem like a weather man lol,calculating rh too.How much below 0 can you resist? I dont think I experienced more than -1 Celsius my whole life,and I havent seen snow yet
    'A slave's life is all you understand, you know nothing of freedom. For if you did, you would have encouraged us to fight on, not only with our spears, but with everything we have'

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Alhamdulillah for winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    my mother is greek,am a mix of Mediterranean races,and i dont get tanned.I get burnt,then completely healed in 2 days,but not tanned..ughh

60 Celsius. You can fry an egg on sand when it is 60 degree Celcius.So beautiful

You seem like a weather man lol,calculating rh too.How much below 0 can you resist? I dont think I experienced more than -1 Celsius my whole life,and I havent seen snow yet
    Today it was -11*C or -22*C with windchill when I went to fajr and I was quite comfortable in that. I can tolerate down to -30 or -35 quite easily with proper gear.I have an extreme cold weather combat parka that is good to -80*C and my boots are rated to -40*C. boots are the important part as you can wear several sweaters under a decent parka for more warmth but you can only put on so many pairs of socks before your boots don't fit. Your feet also lose heat much faster than your body.

When it's cold you can always wear more clothing but when it's hot there is only so much you can take off. It's also much easier and simpler to heat a building by 40 or 50*C than to cool it by 10*C . Man has been able to make fire for many thousands of years but effective mechanical cooling has only been around a few hundred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioning

There is big difference in between 30*C and 100%rH and 30*c and 30%rH. In Canada we have two additional measures for weather called windchill which is when you have any any wind in sub-zero weather it makes it feel colder and Humidex where when you have more humidity in warm weather it makes it feel hotter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidex
    Last edited by Samsandman; 09-11-17 at 04:23 PM.

Odan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

You pay £5 per month on electricity. Are you sure? The standing charge alone is more than this.
    I am with Npower and pay £86 per month.

pizza is life
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    You pay £5 per month on electricity. Are you sure? The standing charge alone is more than this.
    I am with Npower and pay £86 per month.
    Yes bro im deffo sure kuz i actually pay for it ��

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Exactly, even though I was used to the cold, lots of people here are like, ''It's 20C outside? Take a jacket with you just in case!'' Summer is over 40C and with power cuts that usually only happen in the summer , I've gotten used to the hot too.
    Last edited by _Sapphire; 11-11-17 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
    Gonna experience winter for the first time soon
    Hope I can survive the temperatures though
    Why for the first time? Were you living on Mercury?

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sapphire View Post
    Why for the first time? Were you living on Mercury?
    It's summer everyday here. Mercury sounds about right.
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic