Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

Etiquettes of Muslim Mateimonial Sites

So those brothers and sisters who have been on those sites, or those who have had friends that have shared their experience with them, how does it work?

You see a profile that seems interesting, what do you write to them?

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Re: Etiquettes of Muslim Mateimonial Sites

Google Bangladeshi marital CV

That's what I learnt on UF

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Some sites allow an 'invite' which means if you see a profile you like you can invite the sister to read your profile. You don't need to send a message but personally I think it's gentlemen like if you do, it shows you are making an effort and not just window shopping.
    Whatever way you do it, she may or may not reply back.
    Also, best to speak to someone that has another person reading her messages or if you have a sister yourself, get her to read your messages. It helps to avoid falling into indecent/ inappropriate talk.

Other sites don't have this feature. You just message the profile, give a brief introduction of yourself maybe. Ask them to see if they think your profile is something they would consider.

Keep it short and smart. Not lazy, too informative or desperate.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Best to avoid Muslim sites that have public photos of users. Fitnah number one.

Choose halfourdeen/purematrimony/sakina and the likes

These ones seem to have higher standards, the others are like yucky dating sites, it can drag you into a trap you don't want to fall into.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Above all, avoid online sites. Make it the very last option.

Go to the mosque (if you don't already) regularly to build a rapport amongst the other brothers. Not just for marriage but it is beneficial in other ways too.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Just because a sister does message you or shows an interest, don't think she is in love with you or that she is the one. Keep cool and calm because that's not how it works lol.

These things take time to get used to.

I ignored messages with 'hi' or any obvious time wasters.

Block people that are there for other reasons, use that button, it's there for a reason.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)

Etiquettes of Muslim Mateimonial Sites

Yasin,

Why did you do a runner when the guy said ‘hi’

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

What etiquette's ? don't get hangup over these charades, if you know what you want and what you are looking for firmly, while your fear Allah of course, it's very simple.

Pick the most righteous profiles that are pleasing to you (select a handful) and be as direct as possible in your opening message, don't think about it, the mere question "what shall I write" is a defeatist mentality, you don't think about what you will say when you meet your friends or strangers, it comes naturally in the moment.

Prioritise the profiles of sisters that live in small towns, the more remote, the better. Online is really a numbers game were multiple people are gauging each other up, each sister is flooded with messages and is highly likely having multiple conversations at a time and as a result you may not get a response that you otherwise would have had, hence you hit the numbers, it also helps to keep your neediness at bay, because online is a cut throat business compared to reality.

The little experience I had with it was terrible, I had the false assumption that only pious religious women signed up to these things until I began to see shameless photo's and poses which completely put me off from them, but sometimes there are gem's especially in remote villages, towns etc.
    Last edited by Dawud21; 06-11-17 at 11:06 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

alaikum wasalam

the matrimonial sites,ALL of them, are a money scam. Save your time,money,dignity and look elsewhere.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faith reloaded View Post
    Yasin,

Why did you do a runner when the guy said ‘hi’
    Freakazoids on the loose

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Personally, I would avoid cities too.

I have my reasons but they don't matter anymore

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    alaikum wasalam

the matrimonial sites,ALL of them, are a money scam. Save your time,money,dignity and look elsewhere.
    Nowhere to look

Just empty spaces and FITNA

Where to go, what to do, WHO to marry

Purematrimony is ok. If you a very desperate then you have no choice.

Every ramadan they have offers. Lmso. Wait once a year to message someone.

That's quite funny.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    948 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Personally, I would avoid cities too.

I have my reasons but they don't matter anymore
    U would rather live in a little town in england with barely any halal shops restaurands muslims masjids and things to do or people to see ?

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    U would rather live in a little town in england with barely any halal shops restaurands muslims masjids and things to do or people to see ?
    Yes

I'm used to that. Hardly went to restaurants anyway.

As long as we have a freezer (for the halal meat).

I miss my home town, old people and birds some chavs here and there but mostly nice posh area.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    948 Post(s)

Yes

I'm used to that. Hardly went to restaurants anyway.

As long as we have a freezer (for the halal meat).

I miss my home town, old people and birds some chavs here and there but mostly nice posh area.
    When i say restaurants that includes the normal small halal takeaway

That sounds terrible chavs kuffar and no muslims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If used properly and with the intention of getting married, I think they're a great tool. But sadly, many are using these as mere dating apps.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

When i say restaurants that includes the normal small halal takeaway

That sounds terrible chavs kuffar and no muslims
    Chavs are a minority on the other side of town

Mostly, it's the middle class people here and elderly. Younger, wealthier families are moving in slowly.

I lived without halal take away all my life. No big deal.

Even if halal meat is widely available, I don't like how everything is confusing. It's supposed to be a Muslim community and they should be representing Muslims the best way possible, instead they have a bad reputation for being an area where girls and boys get up to things that are unacceptable and religion is just there. They should have raised the bars for the rest of us to follow.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmstar View Post
    If used properly and with the intention of getting married, I think they're a great tool. But sadly, many are using these as mere dating apps.
    I think the one or two sites tried

Unfortunately, it's the corrupted members that have perverted agenda.

I used to block them. They came crawling in from other dating sites to the more strict ones.

It's hard to monitor every member but this should be done.

It can work if there are more strict rules. To be real, how many people truly want strict rules?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Mostly, it's the middle class people here and elderly. Younger, wealthier families are moving in slowly.

Even if halal meat is widely available, I don't like how everything is confusing. It's supposed to be a Muslim community and they should be representing Muslims the best way possible, instead they have a bad reputation for being an area where girls and boys get up to things that are unacceptable and religion is just there. They should have raised the bars for the rest of us to follow.
    raise the bar? That's expecting a lot isn't it? usually when many muslim live an area of the west the bar gets lowered as far as it can go

I lived in an area that had many muslim but moved away from that area as most were simply into crime and were muslim by name only It dragged the area down,it was a rough area to start but when many lebanese,syrian and somali "refugees" moved into the area it became straight up ghetto with shootings,drugs,prostitution,etc

I would much prefer to live in a small mostly christian town that a mostly muslim urban area for many reasons.

When I tried the online matrimonial I was surprised at how many women contacted me and were interested in marriage but did not want to go through their wali as their families were cultural and backwards or simply not practicing at all, the only exception to this were the indonesian/malaysians ladies who contacted me but I simply don't have the money for that kind of long distance marriage.

I was also surprised at how many of the sisters viewed men from their own background and can understand what you mean by creeps and perverts. When I've had the opportunity to talk with kuffar women about their views on muslim men from muslim countries this is the universal answers,That they are creepy perverts. One reason it takes me so long to explain to them that I am a muslim as they say "you don't seem like one,your normal,polite and well mannered"

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

@Samsandman

It's just disappointing when you compare the two areas and you choose the non Muslim area because it's more civil than the 'ghetto' and uncivilised Muslim place.

I had an argument with your ex friend on here, he accused me of hating men because of my opinions. I had a similar outlook like the women you mentioned. It really felt like that, but of course I'm wrong, I'm focusing too much on the bad.

So I am not surprised why these women feel this way because we are only to blame for the way we represent ourselves.

My male colleague laughed at me when I answered his question about what it is I am looking for in a Muslim man. He told me that I have not seen what some of these Muslims are like. He made it sound like they're worse than him.

In general, Asian (not always Muslim but for some Muslims are only brown skinned people lol) men are seen as creeps and perverts. This is further worsened by the news, media and the treatment of women in these cultures.

I was looking at a social media page and some man called Mohammed was making dirty comments towards a girl's picture, so out of curiosity I checked his page out and it looks like he is married with a wife and children.

When people do it so openly it upsets you and grosses you out too.

My expectations are not too much. In the UK you have more resources but maybe the priorities are not strong enough. They should try to strive to change their image not just for representing their religion but for future generations of Muslims because the whole image is very confusing right now. We are all over the place with no direction.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Open criticism is necessary in some circumstances especially when the facts of the matter are open and undeniable.

Your colleague is correct,muslim men act one way around their mothers and sisters and are completely different when around other women.

Lack of basic adab is endemic in many 3rd world cultures and their cultural views towards women are just simply disgusting.

The hypocrisy I've personally witnessed before and after becoming muslim is shocking and amazing.

For many muslims men being muslim is a part time activity,on fridays from noon to one o clock and on eid.

I find it incredible how so many muslims want to cry and whine about being oppressed but absolutely refuse to follow the basics of Islam.

Before Islam the arabs were considered trash by all their neighbors,after the accepted Islam wholeheartedly and strove to perefect their deen teh bame honor as Islam brought the Iza.

When people abandon correct Islam teachings and practice to follow their culture or desire then they should expect humiliation and not whine about their situation.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

I would like to add from what I've seen and heard the UK is far better than Canada as there are at least some muslim men striving to follow the sunnah in the UK.

Where I live it's a pretty rare to see a muslim man who makes any effort to follow the sunnah at all with basic easy things like pants above the ankle and proper fist length beard. Doing those two things are not rocket surgery by any means but you will hear a thousand and one excuses as to why the can't do it.

There's been many days,like today, when literally there are the only two people that show up for Jama'ah that can do those two basic,easy things. Me and the sheikh. when there are 20-40 people that show up that is a major problem with the ummah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snippets View Post
    So those brothers and sisters who have been on those sites, or those who have had friends that have shared their experience with them, how does it work?

You see a profile that seems interesting, what do you write to them?
    most people just start off with 'hi' and they talk generally
    or 'hi, would you like to talk'

you just chat randomly about things you would normally chat about to any person and then see if you get along, share similar interests and then see if the other is interested in possible marriage... but that obviously would require more than 5 minutes of conversation

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    948 Post(s)

Where are u talking about it being a bad community and boys and girls being unacceptable

And if u see this forbid the evil and enjoin the good its your duty
    go speak to the girl atleast if u see her do something like this

And give them dawah
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 12-11-17 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

[/B]

Where are u talking about it being a bad community and boys and girls being unacceptable

And if u see this forbid the evil and enjoin the good its your duty
    go speak to the girl atleast if u see her do something like this

And give them dawah
    I'll try to next time, I might get blanked though

Also, I don't want to risk coming across arrogant :/
    And I get the feeling people are quite knowledgeable, they don't need me to tell them

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    I would like to add from what I've seen and heard the UK is far better than Canada as there are at least some muslim men striving to follow the sunnah in the UK.

Where I live it's a pretty rare to see a muslim man who makes any effort to follow the sunnah at all with basic easy things like pants above the ankle and proper fist length beard. Doing those two things are not rocket surgery by any means but you will hear a thousand and one excuses as to why the can't do it.

There's been many days,like today, when literally there are the only two people that show up for Jama'ah that can do those two basic,easy things. Me and the sheikh. when there are 20-40 people that show up that is a major problem with the ummah.
    Yes, I think America and Canada are worse from what I've read

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Yes, I think America and Canada are worse from what I've read
    Some areas are better/worse than others,my area is particularly bad but there are some brother who make an effort.

Toronto and Montreal have a better muslim community more on the sunnah but mostly people only come out my way to make money so there is more greedy/arrogant people.

I'm also fairly off the beaten path for shayook as well. NAK come to town once,I stayed for like 20 minutes of the lecture and then walked out,that was when I was a fairly fresh fish too and didn't really understand much or know of his deviance. He juts gave me a bad vibe.

Some parts of the US are OK and some are right off the handle, depends on the area just like Medina and Dubai,both are in Arabia.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    948 Post(s)

I'll try to next time, I might get blanked though

Also, I don't want to risk coming across arrogant :/
    And I get the feeling people are quite knowledgeable, they don't need me to tell them
    U womt come across arrogant
    Just dont say halal haram halal haram
    Explain to them why
    He effeects and problems it can cause in dunya and akhira
    Tell them the pumishments in hell and that life could go any minute

Most people arent knowledgable they just know its halal haram
    And some may have knowledge but they dont implement as their imaan is low so they sometimes need a reminder