Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Going Vegetarian?

    Salaam brothers and sisters,

    Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.

  2. #2

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    alaikum wasalam

    Do you think this is permissible?

  3. #3
    見当もつかない C Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Was salam

    I'm completely plant based with the occasional bit of honey when I'm ill.

    I've never liked meat and stopped eating it the moment I was allowed to make my own meals, so can't help you with that bit.

    Giving up dairy was hard (dairy is addictive as it contains mild opiates) as I used to live off the stuff. But after I went completely dairy free my 13year old hacking cough cleared up and my crippling anxiety has reduced to manageable levels. I actually also had damaged kidneys as a child because I consumed so much animal protein from all that milk. Milk also contains oestrogen and progesterone, so there's something to think about as you're a brother!

    Eggs are the thing I still miss, and I'm still trying to get rescue hen eggs from Stepney farm (they treat their animals really well) but they're always sold out!

    To be honest it hasn't been that hard overall. I've actually increased the variety of food I eat (TEMPEH oh my gosh yummy). 5 years ago my mum would never have believed that I'd eat eggplant! The actual hardest part was actually realising that other people had no objection to the cruelty of factory farming -- so if this is a reason for you, save your breath. There's a link in my signature you can read if you're interested.

    If you avoid animal protein your body will become more alkaline which is better for your kidneys and bones. Protein isn't as big an issue as people make out. Eat a variety of food and snack on nuts and seeds for a boost. I personally love soya although I know there is scare mongering, so any kind of bean or lentil will do too. But it's really not that big a deal. Protein deficiency usually happens when you're actually starving, as in not eating enough full stop.

    Take a B12 supplement every day. Please research this.

    Oh and here's a joke: how can you tell if someone is vegetarian? Give them 10 seconds and they'll tell you.
    I think all veg*ns will have gone through that stage hehe. Try to avoid it.

    Also you may have to put up with lectures from Muslims about how you're making the halal haram which is not even what it's about. It's like olives are sunnah, but if those olives were stolen from a Palestinian by an Israeli would you buy them? Milk is mentioned in the Quran but if drinking it makes my anxiety crippling should I drink it to the detriment of my mental health and my kidneys?

    I'll stop now or I'll go on forever

    Ps qurbani is still wajib. I don't think sacrificing a watermelon counts.
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

  4. #4
    見当もつかない C Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    alaikum wasalam

    Do you think this is permissible?
    Yes there are various fatawa. Although I guess it depends on your intention.

    ETA: to reiterate what I said in the previous post it's not about saying that meat is murder etc. It's about making a personal decision for your health and also objecting to the cruel conditions farm animals endure. Yes Rasulullah (saw) ate cheese but he also forbade cruelty to animals. Which sunnah takes precedence? For me the second as this option causes no suffering to anyone.
    Last edited by C Bear; 05-11-17 at 10:21 AM.
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

  5. #5

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by C Bear View Post
    Yes there are various fatawa. Although I guess it depends on your intention.
    Never seen a fatwa like that and all the fatawa I've seen Plus the Quran and sunnah say otherwise.

    https://islamqa.info/en/2521

    might want to sit down and re-read the quran,seerh and look at a few hadith.

    You say Qurbani is wajib but what do you do with the meat once the animal is slaughtered?
    some of the facts you present like milk containing opiates and is addictive is pretty much complete nonsense.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by C Bear View Post
    Was salam

    I'm completely plant based with the occasional bit of honey when I'm ill.
    Jazak'Allah Khayra for that sister, it was a really enjoyable read and this lifestyle is something im going to seriously consider.

    I'm interested in health benefits more than anything, as you've said yourself your anxiety was reduced Masha'Allah good to hear.

    Although animal cruelty isn't my main factor in considering the move to vegetarianism/veganism it's still something to think about.

    Thank you very much and I'll check out the link you have in your signature and do more research for myself.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Salaam brothers and sisters,

    Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.
    Wa alejkum alsalam.

    I am not vegetarian but I hate red meat. I just never liked the taste of it. I only eat chicken and fish.
    Overall, I have a weak stomach so eating "heavy" stuff is just bad for me. Meat is to much for me to handle.

    If you love meat, becoming vegetarian will be hard. But it gets better and easier over time.

  8. #8
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,839
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    429

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Walaykum salam,

    I'm not vegetarian but I do think going vegetarian or semi veggie is a good idea health wise as long as you do it with the understanding that when meat is raised and slaughtered the correct Islamic way, it is halal. I say that because some hard core vegetarians and vegans get very evangelical in trying to treat meat as a haram or completely unacceptable thing because of their own biases on the animal's "sentience". A semi vegetarian diet is still a good idea because I believe it is not natural or healthy for people to eat meat everyday and one of the reasons we eat it everyday is because much of it is produced through cruel factory farming methods in order to make it cheap.

    If we only ate meat that was raised properly on natural foods, eating grass on a farm and then had a halal zabihah, this would increase the cost of production, then people would realise meat is a precious resource and not buy it all the time but mainly eat it on special occasions. If we look at the Sunnah, it was a celebratory food for Eid, for weddings and is distributed at aqeeqahs when children are born. It also takes extra resources to produce meat compared to vegetables so is better for the environment for people to have at least a couple of meat free days per week, during which time you can introduce new vegetarian dishes to your diet.... besides, at this rate with the banning of halal meat across Europe, it'll be good practice in case halal slaughter is banned altogether here then we can get into the habit of switching to just having veg and fish inshaAllah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Salaam brothers and sisters,

    Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    i could never be a veggie

  10. #10
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    oh God i never understood why this topic is making so much buzz worldwide.Its pretty simple:

    Did the prophet saws ate meat? Yes . Did ALLAH stop us from eating meat? Yes,but only some kind of meats. Would the animals suffer as much as people say they do,if we slaughtered them in Halal way? Nope

    There you have the answer. If somebody wants to be a vegetarian just because he likes it or because it is mainstream,then okay,but if he wants to stop eating meat because it is healthier or because he cares about animals,I think he better forget about it and pm me for some delicious meat recipes

  11. #11
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    oh God i never understood why this topic is making so much buzz worldwide.Its pretty simple:

    Did the prophet saws ate meat? Yes . Did ALLAH stop us from eating meat? Yes,but only some kind of meats. Would the animals suffer as much as people say they do,if we slaughtered them in Halal way? Nope

    There you have the answer. If somebody wants to be a vegetarian just because he likes it or because it is mainstream,then okay,but if he wants to stop eating meat because it is healthier or because he cares about animals,I think he better forget about it and pm me for some delicious meat recipes

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by P1RAT3N View Post
    Wa alejkum alsalam.

    I am not vegetarian but I hate red meat. I just never liked the taste of it. I only eat chicken and fish.
    Overall, I have a weak stomach so eating "heavy" stuff is just bad for me. Meat is to much for me to handle.

    If you love meat, becoming vegetarian will be hard. But it gets better and easier over time.
    Yeah I have the same problem with meat being heavy on the stomach.

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Walaykum salam,

    I'm not vegetarian but I do think going vegetarian or semi veggie is a good idea health wise as long as you do it with the understanding that when meat is raised and slaughtered the correct Islamic way, it is halal. I say that because some hard core vegetarians and vegans get very evangelical in trying to treat meat as a haram or completely unacceptable thing because of their own biases on the animal's "sentience". A semi vegetarian diet is still a good idea because I believe it is not natural or healthy for people to eat meat everyday and one of the reasons we eat it everyday is because much of it is produced through cruel factory farming methods in order to make it cheap.

    If we only ate meat that was raised properly on natural foods, eating grass on a farm and then had a halal zabihah, this would increase the cost of production, then people would realise meat is a precious resource and not buy it all the time but mainly eat it on special occasions. If we look at the Sunnah, it was a celebratory food for Eid, for weddings and is distributed at aqeeqahs when children are born. It also takes extra resources to produce meat compared to vegetables so is better for the environment for people to have at least a couple of meat free days per week, during which time you can introduce new vegetarian dishes to your diet.... besides, at this rate with the banning of halal meat across Europe, it'll be good practice in case halal slaughter is banned altogether here then we can get into the habit of switching to just having veg and fish inshaAllah.
    Yh I agree with a lot of what your saying. I thought I might be completely vegetarian for a few weeks then reintroduce meat like once or twice a week. Like you said I don't think eating meat everyday is healthy and I don't think the prophet (a.s) did that either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    oh God i never understood why this topic is making so much buzz worldwide.Its pretty simple:

    Did the prophet saws ate meat? Yes . Did ALLAH stop us from eating meat? Yes,but only some kind of meats. Would the animals suffer as much as people say they do,if we slaughtered them in Halal way? Nope

    There you have the answer. If somebody wants to be a vegetarian just because he likes it or because it is mainstream,then okay,but if he wants to stop eating meat because it is healthier or because he cares about animals,I think he better forget about it and pm me for some delicious meat recipes
    The meat nowadays tends to be injected with all types of stuff. I would rather avoid it or limit consumption.

  13. #13
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Yeah I have the same problem with meat being heavy on the stomach.



    Yh I agree with a lot of what your saying. I thought I might be completely vegetarian for a few weeks then reintroduce meat like once or twice a week. Like you said I don't think eating meat everyday is healthy and I don't think the prophet (a.s) did that either.



    The meat nowadays tends to be injected with all types of stuff. I would rather avoid it or limit consumption.

    That meat isnt Halal bro.I am not a 100% halal eater,as Halal in my country is hard to find,but I was talking about Halal meat only

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    That meat isnt Halal bro.I am not a 100% halal eater,as Halal in my country is hard to find,but I was talking about Halal meat only
    Yeah even certified "halal" meat is hard to know if it's safe to eat or not.

    Btw I'm not sure what you mean by you not being 100% halal eater bro but I think if the meat isn't halal you should avoid it completely.

  15. #15
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Yeah even certified "halal" meat is hard to know if it's safe to eat or not.

    Btw I'm not sure what you mean by you not being 100% halal eater bro but I think if the meat isn't halal you should avoid it completely.

    What I mean is that I dont eat pork or anything completely halal.I eat meat slaughtered in 'halal' way,but they dont mention the name of Allah when they do it.I know its bad,and I do it veryyy rarely,but I am in a terrible situations where I have to make some 'compromises" . Thank you for your advice.I said that so I wouldnt be a hypocrite,advising you for something I dont do myself..

    But if I had a choice I would go 100% Halal and not veggie,as 100% Halal is healthier than being a vegetarian.thats what I am trying to advise.But you know whats better about yourself

  16. #16
    見当もつかない C Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    Never seen a fatwa like that and all the fatawa I've seen Plus the Quran and sunnah say otherwise.

    https://islamqa.info/en/2521

    might want to sit down and re-read the quran,seerh and look at a few hadith.

    You say Qurbani is wajib but what do you do with the meat once the animal is slaughtered?
    some of the facts you present like milk containing opiates and is addictive is pretty much complete nonsense.
    Yes I have seen fatawa on sunnipath which I assume you have a low opinion of. Khayr I'm not having that discussion. Again I said it depends on your intention. If you avoid meat because you think humans should not consume animal products at all ever then that is probably a sin. But objecting to the cruel methods used nowadays, or avoiding certain animal products because of health concerns is not the same thing. I have already said this in my last post and I'm not having this argument any more. Basically read what neelu said.

    Yes milk does contain mild opiates. It's there to cement the bond between mother and baby. A 10 second search could show you that.

    I would appreciate your not talking down to me in future, thank you.

    What would you do with qurbani meat? Do you need me to answer that really?
    Also you may have to put up with lectures from Muslims about how you're making the halal haram which is not even what it's about.
    I so called that!
    Last edited by C Bear; 05-11-17 at 10:20 PM.
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    What I mean is that I dont eat pork or anything completely halal.I eat meat slaughtered in 'halal' way,but they dont mention the name of Allah when they do it.I know its bad,and I do it veryyy rarely,but I am in a terrible situations where I have to make some 'compromises" . Thank you for your advice.I said that so I wouldnt be a hypocrite,advising you for something I dont do myself..

    But if I had a choice I would go 100% Halal and not veggie,as 100% Halal is healthier than being a vegetarian.thats what I am trying to advise.But you know whats better about yourself
    I think a vegetarian would still be 100% halal, camel is halal and I've never had it in my life, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong if I choose not to eat it.

  18. #18
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    I think a vegetarian would still be 100% halal, camel is halal and I've never had it in my life, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong if I choose not to eat it.

    What I always wanted to say is that eating 100% Halal as an omnivore,is in my opinion healthier than eating 100% Halal as a herbivore.Thats all....

  19. #19
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    I think a vegetarian would still be 100% halal, camel is halal and I've never had it in my life, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong if I choose not to eat it.

    What I always wanted to say is that eating 100% Halal as an omnivore,is in my opinion healthier than eating 100% Halal as a herbivore.Thats all....

  20. #20
    見当もつかない C Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    But then we're all different. Mentally I am in a 1000x better state than i was when I was omni. So for me, being herbi is better. On the other hand some people do better with the occasional bit of meat. Also bear in mind that the meat Rasulullah (saw) ate was 100% organic and well-treated.
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

  21. #21
    meow Abisali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,297
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    701 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    327

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Salaam brothers and sisters,

    Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.
    If you know someone that can slaughter the animal, you can always buy a small lamb, goat or chicken that has been grass fed, and have them slaughter it for you. Nothing wrong with not eating meat if you fear that it may be contaminated, but ever since I started only eating Halal foods, I have noticed that there is a big difference in quality (halal is better) than the junk sold at local supermarkets. If you like seafood, make sure to choose wild caught. Trader Joe's has some good choices for salmon, swordfish, and Argentinian Shrimp. Just limit seafood to twice a week.

    If you really want to improve your health, cut down on all the grains and sugars. Give up refined sugar, corn syrup, and high fructose corn syrup completely. You will only suffer for 3-7 days until you get used to it, and have the sugar out of your system. I gave it up for 2 months and 3 weeks and had a cheat week, and had some cake, and it made me feel terrible with a nasty headache. Also, I read an article about how researchers got mice or rats hooked on cocaine to see if it is more addictive than sugar. So first they were hooked on the drug, then they were given the sugar. They then had both options available to them and they kept going for the sugar. Makes you think, doesn't it?

  22. #22
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,875
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3812 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    323

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deen95 View Post
    Salaam brothers and sisters,

    Any vegetarians here? I'm thinking of maybe going Vegetarian or semi, so anyone tried this? Heard it might have health benefits.


    I was vegetarian from about 16-19 and still eat meat only 2-3 times a week at most, think vegetarian food is way underappreciated in terms of health and especially health benefits.

    However your body does need meat, sometimes for healthy living so cut back, don't cut out.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  23. #23
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,839
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    429

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Fair point but bear in mind eating 100% halal (whether as a vegetarian or omnivore) is infinitely better than including some haram meat in your diet. If halal meat isn't easily available you wont starve, you always have the option of eating vegetarian food and fish and only eating meat on the rare occasions when halal is available. I used to live in a town that didn't have any halal meat shops so I had to live on vegetarian food and fish for 2 years and only had meat on the rare trips I took out of town so it is doable. If you're worried about getting iron in your diet then eat dates and dark green vegetables and/or take a supplement. If you're worried about lacking protein in your diet then eat fish twice a week and eat egg on the other 5 days of the week. If you take steps towards Allah (swt) by following his commands, it would be better for you.

    Eating meat isn't an obligation but it is not permitted for us to claim it is haram either. Meat is just one of the many halal things we're permitted to eat. If someone gave up peanuts due to an allergy or intolerance, or simply disliking the taste, we wouldn't guilt trip them for "making the halal haram" just cos' they gave it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    What I always wanted to say is that eating 100% Halal as an omnivore,is in my opinion healthier than eating 100% Halal as a herbivore.Thats all....
    Last edited by neelu; 06-11-17 at 10:07 PM.

  24. #24
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Fair point but bear in mind eating 100% halal (whether as a vegetarian or omnivore) is infinitely better than including some haram meat in your diet. If halal meat isn't easily available you wont starve, you always have the option of eating vegetarian food and fish and only eating meat on the rare occasions when halal is available. I used to live in a town that didn't have any halal meat shops so I had to live on vegetarian food and fish for 2 years and only had meat on the rare trips I took out of town so it is doable. If you're worried about getting iron in your diet then eat dates and dark green vegetables and/or take a supplement. If you're worried about lacking protein in your diet then eat fish twice a week and eat egg on the other 5 days of the week. If you take steps towards Allah (swt) by following his commands, it would be better for you.

    Eating meat isn't an obligation but it is not permitted for us to claim it is haram either. Meat is just one of the many halal things we're permitted to eat. If someone gave up peanuts due to an allergy or intolerance, or simply disliking the taste, we wouldn't guilt trip them for "making the halal haram" just cos' they gave it up.
    Who said that? I didnt mention anything about making the halal haram or eating meat is halal or haram....

    And as for the others.I dont except you to understand as,as I can see from the way you wrote it,you are definitely living a better life than me.I dont have the luxury to eat fish twice a week.I ate fish today as I mentioned in another comment,after 2 months or more,and it was a little fish,full of spikes.I used to live on bread and cheese,or bread and onions,for 3 years.I have also eaten on the street too,filling the bread with tomatoes and conserved food on my knee.I dont have an easy life,thats why there are some things that I need to "compromise".I am aware of my sins and I pray every day and night to Allah to get me out of here so I can have a chance to be a muslim and live a normal life.Dont think like I want to do that.I dont want to do anything of what am doing now.I am not complaining,just explaining because you said that I always have the option of eating those foods.I dont ....

    Thank you for your advise though.I apreaciate it.really.But I am more in need of you Duaa.If you can make one that would really be helpful
    Salam Alaikum ^^

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    Who said that? I didnt mention anything about making the halal haram or eating meat is halal or haram....

    And as for the others.I dont except you to understand as,as I can see from the way you wrote it,you are definitely living a better life than me.I dont have the luxury to eat fish twice a week.I ate fish today as I mentioned in another comment,after 2 months or more,and it was a little fish,full of spikes.I used to live on bread and cheese,or bread and onions,for 3 years.I have also eaten on the street too,filling the bread with tomatoes and conserved food on my knee.I dont have an easy life,thats why there are some things that I need to "compromise".I am aware of my sins and I pray every day and night to Allah to get me out of here so I can have a chance to be a muslim and live a normal life.Dont think like I want to do that.I dont want to do anything of what am doing now.I am not complaining,just explaining because you said that I always have the option of eating those foods.I dont ....

    Thank you for your advise though.I apreaciate it.really.But I am more in need of you Duaa.If you can make one that would really be helpful
    Salam Alaikum ^^
    Your post made me feel sad subhanAllah so much food is wasted and then I read about you living on bread and cheese for 3 years.

    I don't know where you live but it's a shame if there are Muslims in your area unaware of your struggles.

    Stay strong have faith and sabr remember Allah is the best of Providers.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    Who said that? I didnt mention anything about making the halal haram or eating meat is halal or haram....

    And as for the others.I dont except you to understand as,as I can see from the way you wrote it,you are definitely living a better life than me.I dont have the luxury to eat fish twice a week.I ate fish today as I mentioned in another comment,after 2 months or more,and it was a little fish,full of spikes.I used to live on bread and cheese,or bread and onions,for 3 years.I have also eaten on the street too,filling the bread with tomatoes and conserved food on my knee.I dont have an easy life,thats why there are some things that I need to "compromise".I am aware of my sins and I pray every day and night to Allah to get me out of here so I can have a chance to be a muslim and live a normal life.Dont think like I want to do that.I dont want to do anything of what am doing now.I am not complaining,just explaining because you said that I always have the option of eating those foods.I dont ....

    Thank you for your advise though.I apreaciate it.really.But I am more in need of you Duaa.If you can make one that would really be helpful
    Salam Alaikum ^^
    Your post made me feel sad subhanAllah so much food is wasted and then I read about you living on bread and cheese for 3 years.

    I don't know where you live but it's a shame if there are Muslims in your area unaware of your struggles.

    Stay strong have faith and sabr remember Allah is the best of Providers.

  27. #27
    VERSION : Alpha 6.6 Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintchocchip View Post
    Your post made me feel sad subhanAllah so much food is wasted and then I read about you living on bread and cheese for 3 years.

    I don't know where you live but it's a shame if there are Muslims in your area unaware of your struggles.

    Stay strong have faith and sabr remember Allah is the best of Providers.

    That was when I lived alone.Now there no problems when it comes to eating Elhamdullilah.I mean I dont eat good but,at least I am not hungry

    Muslims in my area? lol,lets not talk about it.I knew these muslims in another city where I lived but they have their own problems,and they dont really "care"

    Thank you sister.May Allah help you always If you are curious,I am leaving this here.Maybe it will persuade you to make a duaa :P Peace be with you

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ase&highlight=

  28. #28
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,839
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    429

    Re: Going Vegetarian?

    Sorry to hear about your situation brother. May Allah (swt) ease your difficulties- ameen.

    The thing I said at the end of my last post was said as a general clarification on halal and haram- it wasn't specifically directed at you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    That was when I lived alone.Now there no problems when it comes to eating Elhamdullilah.I mean I dont eat good but,at least I am not hungry

    Muslims in my area? lol,lets not talk about it.I knew these muslims in another city where I lived but they have their own problems,and they dont really "care"

    Thank you sister.May Allah help you always If you are curious,I am leaving this here.Maybe it will persuade you to make a duaa :P Peace be with you

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ase&highlight=

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop