Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

How can I raise my body temperature? I am always cold

I am always cold. My hands and feet are freezing during fall weather, slight cold, if they are not covered with gloves. I have been checking my temperature just to see what the thermometer says. It is 97F (36C) or below depending on time of the day. How can I get my body temperature to heat up naturally? something other than exercise, I been working out for a decade and still fighting with weight. It is part of life but I need something more. I don't drink tea either or any hot drink.

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Re: How can I raise my body temperature? I am always cold

Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    I am always cold. My hands and feet are freezing during fall weather, slight cold, if they are not covered with gloves. I have been checking my temperature just to see what the thermometer says. It is 97F (36C) or below depending on time of the day. How can I get my body temperature to heat up naturally? something other than exercise, I been working out for a decade and still fighting with weight. It is part of life but I need something more. I don't drink tea either or any hot drink.
    Alhamdulillah, 36C isn't too bad. Mine is 35.5-35.7C. What I do, I wear socks. Layering. Having hot drinks, I'm always drinking herbal teas,lol. Hot baths.
    Eat garlic/chilli. Somehow, you do get use to it. Some people, told me to eat more red meat?!? Maybe too healthy isn't good...
    Final option move to hot country.
    What I find annoying is, when we get sick, if I have >37.8C that is high temperature for me or you or anyone with lower body temperature. And doctors start arguing that you aren't sick enough. Even, you see everything double and feel like alien...lol

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)

Eggs, Fish, Honey.

In my culture, we call them the 'warm' foods - don't know the science behind it, maybe some other Pakistani will. But I find it's true.

Also - drink warm water, not cold.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    Eggs, Fish, Honey.

In my culture, we call them the 'warm' foods - don't know the science behind it, maybe some other Pakistani will. But I find it's true.

Also - drink warm water, not cold.

That's similar to Japanese or Chinese culture

Feng shui I think and balancing the heat/cold in your body like homeopathy
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

You should get your blood pressure checked.

Perhaps try "hot" foods as well, like dates/kajoor.

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9315 Post(s)

I thought having cold feet and hands was linked to low iron levels
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I thought having cold feet and hands was linked to low iron levels
    Yea or bein anemic

Sis just do a bloodtest
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Odan
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

I have not done any testing in last 2 years but over the years I have gone to doctor asking to be testing for thyroid or low iron or diabetes. My number comes out normal. My highest normal temperature is 36C. typically its lower. I do have the issue of feeling sick while my temperature reads 98F and my husband makes fun of me for feeling sick all the time when I am perfectly normal.

I did not know date was :hot food"

striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1587 Post(s)

First check red blood levels for anemia. Here are their symptoms:

Fatigue
    Weakness
    Pale or yellowish skin
    Irregular heartbeats
    Shortness of breath
    Dizziness or lightheadedness
    Chest pain
    Cold hands and feet
    Headache
    Reddish rings around eyelids

If you two or more, u might have it.

There r many causes, including low iron, low hemoglobin, etc
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

Cold showers. Trust me.
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16476 Post(s)

Keep your head warm.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

I read if your heart can warm up the body

So maybe do stuff like look at a rainbow and that will warm u up
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Chocoloate milk
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2424 Post(s)

I'm always cold too.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brightesthour View Post
    I'm always cold too.
    (Rainbows)
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Odan
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2424 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaNdOm View Post
    (Rainbows)
    Rainbows are pretty

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brightesthour View Post
    Rainbows are pretty
    https://youtu.be/AHrCI9eSJGQ

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

I am always cold too, and like you I have been to the doctors a few times over the years and everything is always normal that could be a cause. I think some people are just naturally colder, so I just wear extra layers/ use blankets etc to try and keep warm.
    I am always teased that I am strange if I say I am cold 'when I cant be' -as there's no medical reason why I should be.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

I am always cold too, and like you I have been to the doctors a few times over the years and everything is always normal that could be a cause. I think some people are just naturally colder, so I just wear extra layers/ use blankets etc to try and keep warm.
    I am always teased that I am strange if I say I am cold 'when I cant be' -as there's no medical reason why I should be.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1588 Post(s)
    Put the heater on all day and night

Then your electricity bill gonna shoot up

That will really boil your blood

Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2678 Post(s)

It's linked to anaemia. You said you work out so it's probably not linked to circulation issues. Do you eat enough? If you're burning more calories than you're taking in, then your body doesn't have enough energy to stay warm. Other than that it isn't super uncommon in women, so don't be too worried about it unless this is something that has changed recently.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

Most of my life as far back as I can remember I've always had cold feet and often had cold hands. It's possible that you have raynauds syndrome. One of the things I learned about raynauds is that you take precautions, like you don't take items out of the freezer with bare hands because it'll take aaaaages for your hands to warm back up again. I've had this problem since childhood but since around 2009, I was put on a course of doxycycline for my illness and I haven't had raynauds since. I mean sometimes my feet get cold in cold weather but that's normal and they don't take ages to warm up anymore and wearing the right warming clothes makes a difference now whereas in the past it wouldn't have helped much. I also had anemia for a significant chunk of my life but since giving up gluten and other foods that don't digest properly, I'm no longer anemic so that probably helps too.

Anyway, I was also going to suggest eating warming foods. Warming foods in desi culture would mean things like: eggs, fish, nuts, dried fruit, honey, spices, particularly garlic and ginger. Also in the modern age, we are out of touch with the seasons. Vegetables grow in certain seasons because they are the most appropriate foods to keep us warm. So in the summer, it's more suitable to eat raw fresh salads and fruits because those are in season. In the winter, it's more suitable to have warming soups, roasted root vegetables and maybe a piece of roasted meat to go with it. Then there are the hot drinks like hot chocolate (use proper chocolate not drinking chocolate), kaara (stir fry chopped nuts with a little turmeric and cinnamon in half a teaspoon of ghee for a minute, then add half a cup of milk and when the milk is hot, pour the whole thing into a mug and drink it- this is also a good remedy to drink for relieving aches and muscle pains).

It's still possible that you could be anemic because the "normal range" of these tests is not very good, by which I mean if your iron level is at the low end of normal range, you should still eat more iron rich foods and consider a good mineral supplement (not the rubbish from the chemist, I'd prefer solgar or pure brand or even spatone which is a liquid supplement). This could be why someone told you to eat red meat cos' red meat contains iron. If you want red meat, I'd recommend goat because it has the same level of iron as lamb but is lower in cholesterol. If you don't want too much red meat in your diet for health reasons then I'd say eat it three times a week as you don't necessarily need it more than that. Dates and dark green vegetables such as kale also contain iron. Caffeine can lower the body's iron levels so although I think hot drinks are good for temporary relief, but it's better to not drink more than two cups of tea or coffee in a day. Dark chocolate also contains iron and 20g per day is considered healthy so you can eat that on it's own, with nuts or in hot chocolate.

In the morning, have a cooked breakfast to keep you warm. I wouldn't recommend a cold cereal. One time I had apple porridge (stirfry half a chopped apple in half a teaspoon of ghee for a minute, add maple syrup, oats and milk [i prefer oat milk for this] and cook on medium heat until the oats have softened, then serve) and outside the weather was freezing and it was literally snowing but honestly, having that breakfast and wearing a warm coat and gloves, I really did not feel the cold. I literally felt like those ready brek ads where they show the warm glow around the kid who just ate it- it was like that.

By the way, 36 celcius is REALLY HOT weather. In this country if the weather is at 27 degrees it's called a heatwave.