4 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1309 Post(s)

Would you consider taking part in these forum projects?

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Dear brother and sisters,
    I've noticed quite a few threads/posts recently about lack of activity on the forum. Personally, I don't see it as being particularly different from previous times - with the exception of some well known (and very likeable, MaashaaAallah) members sadly no longer posting too often.

There are a lot of serious things going on in the world concerning our ummah as we all know, things that really weigh on us heavily when we think about them, and things which really do deserve our attention, so when it comes to things like this, well... Nonetheless, we come on here looking to relax sometimes and just to interact with one another as Muslims and to be part of an online Muslim community.

I think I mentioned before that I'm not normally too enthusiastic about competitions (as I'm sure many others on here aren't), but if it makes things slightly more interesting for us brothers and sisters who visit the forum... Below are a few ideas for competitions/challenges, etc. If you think you might want to take part in one/some of these, vote on the poll and maybe we can go ahead with them if there are enough of us interested, inshaaAllah.

Hadith-based Artwork
    Entrants submit a piece of artwork done by hand or digitally based on a Hadith of their choice. (Most votes wins). Prize money goes towards gift or sadaqah.

Short Story Writing Challenge
    A short story, either based on reality, or fictional, but something that will help draw our attention to a beneficial / serious issue which you feel strongly about. (Most votes wins). Prize money goes towards gift or sadaqah.

Nasheed Competition (not sure about this one)
    Send your own rendition of someone's Nasheed, or your own. (Most votes wins). (Brothers only)

Poetry League (Islamic/Positive)
    A Long running poetry competition. League format with points earned based on votes, with top 4 league leaders involved in a 4-way playoff at the end. (1st place Vs 4th. 2nd Vs 3rd). Prize money goes towards gift or sadaqah

UF Make Us Smile/Laugh Championship

For anyone and everyone. Register yourself as an entrant, then be drawn against another member. To progress to next round, tell us a clean, halaal joke/or make a humourous comment. If yours is appreciated more than your opponent by the competition judges, you'll move onto the next round to be drawn against next opponent. No prize money. Just the title of being Champion funny man/woman. :|

Qiraa'ah Competition
    Send us your recitation and tell us why you chose the Aayaat you chose to recite. For prize money to use for gifting someone or to give in sadaqah. Most votes wins.

Feel free to suggest other ideas, too, inshaa'aAllah.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah
    Last edited by Fakhri; 22-10-17 at 12:50 AM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1309 Post(s)

Re: Would you consider taking part in...?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    so we dont take the prize money home
    But you do, Br Red Apples.

You take it home.
    Right the way Home. inshaaAllah!

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Just saw this now. (Not sure if you're still thinking about this brother Fakhri.)

I think the ideas here are great but I wouldn't participate in them because:

- I can't do calligraphy
    - My story will end up being too long
    - Not good at poetry
    - Find it a bit awkward to make brothers laugh :/
    - Need to improve on my tajweed.

But for the ideas. I would very much be happy to be one of the voters
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1309 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
    Just saw this now. (Not sure if you're still thinking about this brother Fakhri.)

I think the ideas here are great but I wouldn't participate in them because:

- I can't do calligraphy
    - My story will end up being too long
    - Not good at poetry
    - Find it a bit awkward to make brothers laugh :/
    - Need to improve on my tajweed.

But for the ideas. I would very much be happy to be one of the voters

If we have a few more people showing interest, then inshaa'aAllah, yes...

- I guess it doesn't have to be calligraphy. Any kind of artwork which is related to a specific Hadith...

- Could be that sister's idea of too long isn't actually that long(?). There hasn't been anything defined as to the exact limit yet...

- Unless I'm mistaken, sister did initially submit something last time (?) which, if I remember correctly, would not have been out of place (Alhamdulillah) had it been entered with the rest of the submissions, so...

- Yes. That makes sense of course, Alhamdulillah. It could be done anonymously though, possibly? For those of us who would rather remain unknown. We wouldn't know if it's a brother or sister, something posted under another name (posted elsewhere, then reposted here. I myself too wouldn't know.)

- No different from the rest of us I think... But this one was really intended for the brothers, as there is the issue of permissibility here when it comes to sisters. I see that one sister has voted in it already... Maybe Mawlana Abu Mus'ab or someone else can clarify, but I'm really leaning towards it being just for brothers in all honesty.

But there's no pressure to participate, respected sister.

for the post. Votes and interest, support, etc, would of course be appreciated, inshaa'Allah.(baarakallah feek).
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1309 Post(s)

(Hmmm... Thread title looking suspiciously unfamiliar. Forum Projects... sounds like serious business. )
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3938 Post(s)

@Fakhri

In the land of the midst of the embowing womb, snarling of the endowing lotus sky where the light trimmers and drifters at the echo sight. Falling shadow supported by the gnushing of the trees, prerequisites of the the sky to be then to be of the emanating puddle of the night's sky; birth of the growing puddle sound (to the venture of fading lake). Decaying shadow until once more of the regressing cycle of the forward timeless sky where flightless fans are transparent blades that reaches the eye. Beauty to be cast on the shoulders of who create warmth and capture shelter like it soars at a moments release.

The dawn sparkles with the same blazing of those who seek the golden touch and breath in to the souls who can rise like the lamp mirror a peaceful descent where they can usher their hearts like fragrance that reflects both strength and rest. After they have fallen asleep, eat all of their food just like planned.
    Last edited by Kiro; 13-11-17 at 04:55 AM.
    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader