Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help

lonelygal
    Guests

need help

im a single mum to 2 children and im depressed and feel suicidal i cant talk to family as they wont understand

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    903 Post(s)

Re: need help

InshAllah u can hopefully be able to speak to some sisters @Rumaysah @LailaTheMuslim

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    903 Post(s)

Also what i will say sister is whatever the case may be know that this world is a test from Allah and every trial you go through Allah is allowing your sins to be forgiven.You just have to stay strong. Suicidal thoughts are from shaytaan dont ever fall into them he wants you to go jahannam and he wants you to fail in this world dont let him.

Al-Baqarah 2:155

وَلَـنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَىْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَـوْفِ وَالْجُـوْعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الْاَمْوَالِ وَالْاَنْفُسِ وَالثَّمَرٰتِؕ وَبَشِّرِ الصّٰبِرِيْنَۙ

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient

Al-'Ankabut 29:2

اَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ اَنْ يُّتْرَكُوْۤا اَنْ يَّقُوْلُوْۤا اٰمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَـنُوْنَ

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?

Stay strong this world is a temporary life dont let the worldly life delude you if your patient youl enter jannah

Muhammad 47:15

مَثَلُ الْجَـنَّةِ الَّتِىْ وُعِدَ الْمُتَّقُوْنَ*ؕ فِيْهَاۤ اَنْهٰرٌ مِّنْ مَّآءٍ غَيْرِ اٰسِنٍۚ وَاَنْهٰرٌ مِّنْ لَّبَنٍ لَّمْ يَتَغَيَّرْ طَعْمُهٗۚ وَاَنْهٰرٌ مِّنْ خَمْرٍ لَّذَّةٍ لِّلشّٰرِبِيْنَ ۚ وَاَنْهٰرٌ مِّنْ عَسَلٍ مُّصَفًّى*ؕ وَلَهُمْ فِيْهَا مِنْ كُلِّ الثَّمَرٰتِ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ مِّنْ رَّبِّهِمْ*ؕ كَمَنْ هُوَ خَالِدٌ فِى النَّارِ وَسُقُوْا مَآءً حَمِيْمًا فَقَطَّعَ اَمْعَآءَهُمْ

Is the description of Paradise, which the righteous are promised, wherein are rivers of water unaltered, rivers of milk the taste of which never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of purified honey, in which they will have from all [kinds of] fruits and forgiveness from their Lord, like [that of] those who abide eternally in the Fire and are given to drink scalding water that will sever their intestines?

Az-Zumar 39:20

لٰـكِنِ الَّذِيْنَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ لَهُمْ غُرَفٌ مِّنْ فَوْقِهَا غُرَفٌ مَّبْنِيَّةٌۙ تَجْرِىْ مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْاَنْهٰرُ ؕ وَعْدَ اللّٰهِ*ؕ لَا يُخْلِفُ اللّٰهُ الْمِيْعَادَ

But those who have feared their Lord - for them are chambers, above them chambers built high, beneath which rivers flow. [This is] the promise of Allah . Allah does not fail in [His] promise.

So just hold on to the rope of Allah sister

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lonelygal View Post
    im a single mum to 2 children and im depressed and feel suicidal i cant talk to family as they wont understand
    sister

PM me if you want to talk.

Depending on how young your children are, you could be suffering a certain kind of depression which is very easily treatable.

I don't want to run through all the different kinds of depression and give you an overload of information which you probably already know. It's enough to say that...

There is hope.

Nothing is worth taking such drastic and irreversible action over.

Give yourself two months sis and talk to people here. If not me, then any of the regular sisters here and after two months you might feel like you have more options, there might be a glimmer of light for you to focus on.

Promise yourself not to take any action for two months, a firm promise and we can see what other options there are to solving that which is making you so sad.
    Last edited by Rifqah; 21-10-17 at 10:33 PM.

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2675 Post(s)

Talk to us. Make an account hun. Allah created you, made you Muslim, so make duaa to Him too, He will not abandon you.

I'll make dua for you also.

What is the root of the problem, is it money, psychological or physical problems?
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1294 Post(s)

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Dear sister, please make an account and try to talk to some of the many kind sisters on here about your difficulties. Reading your post is very painful to us all, and we would all love very dearly for you to receive some kind of help with what you are going through.

As has been said above, suicide is never the answer, dear sister, and is only the from the encouragement of shaytaan.

You must realise you absolutely have what it takes to go through this, and you will find things change for the better when you do, bi-idhnillahi Ta'aalaa. Please don't do something from which there is no coming back and which will only make your situation unimaginably worse.
    Last edited by Fakhri; 22-10-17 at 12:27 AM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:
    للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي
    ‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’
    “O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”
    but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Please do not 'Rep'. Jzk. Fakhri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1294 Post(s)

Sr @Indefinable
    Sr @RaNdOm
    Sr @Ya'sin
    Sr @skylark
    Sr @Creamcake
    Sr @Sister_2009
    And others...

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Odan
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2075 Post(s)

What's troubling you sister?