Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Urgent question about Qu'ran paak recitation

Salaam people, I have an extremely urgent question about reading the Qu'ran which I really need answering to eliminate any mistakes I have been committing and the waswas/fear within me

I am going to use Surah Al Qari'ah as an example.

I know that when a "_haa" appears at the end of an Ayat, either on its own or following a Shaddah/Sukun, we finish the Ayat with the "-ah_" sound so verse 10 finishes as "maa hee yah_"

I also know that when a Taa Marbutah appears at the end of an Ayat and is with a Sukun, it morphs into the above "_haa" sound so instead of finish with the "t" sound, we finish with the above "-ah_" sound

But I am stuck, very badly, as to what do we do if a Taa Marbutah in any of its forms, appears at the end of the Ayat on its own with no Shaddah/Sukun, as seen in verses 1,2, 9 and 11 of Surah Al Qari-ah

So using verse 1 here, is it read as "Al Qaari-AH" or "Al Qaari-A" ? Or can I read both ways and have the single Taa Marbutah morphed into the "-haa" sound aforementioned above even though it has no Shaddah/Sukun?

Likewise with verse 11, is it read as "naa run haa mee y-AH" or "mee y-A"?

So basically, how do you finish a Ayat which ends with a Taa Marbutah on its own?

Thank you and somebody please please help, I had to pause my Sabak to try and get this clarified

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Re: Urgent question about Qu'ran paak recitation

Quote Originally Posted by H.A305 View Post
    Salaam people, I have an extremely urgent question about reading the Qu'ran which I really need answering to eliminate any mistakes I have been committing and the waswas/fear within me

I am going to use Surah Al Qari'ah as an example.

I know that when a "_haa" appears at the end of an Ayat, either on its own or following a Shaddah/Sukun, we finish the Ayat with the "-ah_" sound so verse 10 finishes as "maa hee yah_"

I also know that when a Taa Marbutah appears at the end of an Ayat and is with a Sukun, it morphs into the above "_haa" sound so instead of finish with the "t" sound, we finish with the above "-ah_" sound

But I am stuck, very badly, as to what do we do if a Taa Marbutah in any of its forms, appears at the end of the Ayat on its own with no Shaddah/Sukun, as seen in verses 1,2, 9 and 11 of Surah Al Qari-ah

So using verse 1 here, is it read as "Al Qaari-AH" or "Al Qaari-A" ? Or can I read both ways and have the single Taa Marbutah morphed into the "-haa" sound aforementioned above even though it has no Shaddah/Sukun?

Likewise with verse 11, is it read as "naa run haa mee y-AH" or "mee y-A"?

So basically, how do you finish a Ayat which ends with a Taa Marbutah on its own?

Thank you and somebody please please help, I had to pause my Sabak to try and get this clarified

As far as what I have been taught, it ends as: "Al Qaari-AH" and "naa run haa mee y-AH"

However, typing it out in English does not 100% clarify how you are saying it. I cannot distinguish if you meant: "naa run _haa mee yah" or "naa ruun _haa mee yaah"

My first suggestion is for you to ask the Imaam at the Masjid to quickly test your pronunciation today or tomorrow.

Another option is for you to record yourself and post an attachment here (or better yet, post a short link on some audio-hosting site) and inshaAllah the people here can chime in and assist.

Allahu A'lam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)

Wa alaykum assalaam

It's read as al Qaari'AH. The taa marbutah is pronounced as a haa. If you decide to continue to the next aayah without stopping it would be al Qaari'ATU malqaari'AH (taa marbutah again pronounced as haa).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3XebsJccBOw
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2550 Post(s)

Listen to a Sheikh recite it (Sh. Minshawi or Sh. Al-Hosary preferably) while reading from the mushaf. That way you’ll know how to pronounce the ayat.
    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post

As far as what I have been taught, it ends as: "Al Qaari-AH" and "naa run haa mee y-AH"

However, typing it out in English does not 100% clarify how you are saying it. I cannot distinguish if you meant: "naa run _haa mee yah" or "naa ruun _haa mee yaah"

My first suggestion is for you to ask the Imaam at the Masjid to quickly test your pronunciation today or tomorrow.

Another option is for you to record yourself and post an attachment here (or better yet, post a short link on some audio-hosting site) and inshaAllah the people here can chime in and assist.

Allahu A'lam.
    Jazaak Allah

In English I meant it as "mee YAH". When I need to extend the Alif sound then I write is as 'YAAH'

Yeah my hunch was you read it as YAH. For example, the words Kaa Saa Baa, if these letters finished an Ayat we say it as "KAA SAAB" and finish on the Baa letter without reading it in full. So I thought the same applied too for the Taa Marbutah because we always finish on the last letter but without pronouncing it outright but brother, I had so much waswas/fear/lack of confidence that I was reciting it wrong so I quickly came here to seek advice

Thank you for the audio suggestion, I will aim to have it recorded with the styles I am referring to, upload them hear and hopefully you can help me further

Quote Originally Posted by islamuslim View Post
    Wa alaykum assalaam

It's read as al Qaari'AH. The taa marbutah is pronounced as a haa. If you decide to continue to the next aayah without stopping it would be al Qaari'ATU malqaari'AH (taa marbutah again pronounced as haa).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3XebsJccBOw
    Jazaak Allah, yeah that's exactly how I was taught but the waswas swept over me

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    Listen to a Sheikh recite it (Sh. Minshawi or Sh. Al-Hosary preferably) while reading from the mushaf. That way you’ll know how to pronounce the ayat.
    I listened extensively yo Sh. Al Hosary but my problem I have, and it's a big issue for me personally, is that I can't make out whether they end the Ayat as a -A or a -AH i.e. I can't hear at all the h sound reverberate because it's so low/softly spoken