Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Apple-Almond pie

    Apple-almond pie

    base:
    75g butter
    2 eggs
    2/4 cup sugar
    2/4 cup self-rising flour
    2 tbs vanilla sugar
    1/4 cup single cream

    filling:
    4 apples
    cinnamon

    on the surface:
    50g butter
    1/4 cup sugar
    100g almond flakes
    1tps flour
    1 tbs single cream

    1. Pre-heat the oven 175 degree C
    2. Start making the base. Melt the butter and let it cool down.
    3.Whisk the eggs and sugar until it become light foam.
    4.Add flour, vanilla and cream into the mixer.
    5.Pour melted butter, stir in and pour in to the cake form[ 24 cm].
    6.Wash and slice the apples.
    7.Place them in the cake, sprinkle over cinnamon.
    8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins
    9.Put in the saucepan all the topping ingredients and keep stirring for 2-3 mins.
    10.Take the cake out of the oven and spread topping all over the cake.
    11.Bake extra 10 mins, until golden colour.
    12. Enjoy with ice-cream or custard or plain.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Apple-almond pie

    base:
    75g butter
    2 eggs
    2/4 cup sugar
    2/4 cup self-rising flour
    2 tbs vanilla sugar
    1/4 cup single cream

    filling:
    4 apples
    cinnamon

    on the surface:
    50g butter
    1/4 cup sugar
    100g almond flakes
    1tps flour
    1 tbs single cream

    1. Pre-heat the oven 175 degree C
    2. Start making the base. Melt the butter and let it cool down.
    3.Whisk the eggs and sugar until it become light foam.
    4.Add flour, vanilla and cream into the mixer.
    5.Pour melted butter, stir in and pour in to the cake form[ 24 cm].
    6.Wash and slice the apples.
    7.Place them in the cake, sprinkle over cinnamon.
    8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins
    9.Put in the saucepan all the topping ingredients and keep stirring for 2-3 mins.
    10.Take the cake out of the oven and spread topping all over the cake.
    11.Bake extra 10 mins, until golden colour.
    12. Enjoy with ice-cream or custard or plain.
    Asalaamualaykum: Is there a substitute for the Almond flakes should one be allergic to any nuts?

  3. #3
    Odan Umm Uthmaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,892
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2551 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    @Red Apples commenting on a “Apple almond pie thread”
    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

  4. #4
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    @Red Apples commenting on a “Apple almond pie thread”
    Something in that name attracted my attention...hmmm...wonder what that might be...lol

  5. #5
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    @Red Apples commenting on a “Apple almond pie thread”
    Something in that name attracted my attention...hmmm...wonder what that might be...lol

  6. #6
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    Asalaamualaykum: Is there a substitute for the Almond flakes should one be allergic to any nuts?
    Are you good with hazelnuts?
    I know people are allergic to almonds and other nuts, but can have hazelnuts.
    Or just leave it out.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Are you good with hazelnuts?
    I know people are allergic to almonds and other nuts, but can have hazelnuts.
    Or just leave it out.
    Its not my allergies - It's just that when I cook or bake, I am conscious not to give it to anyone with allergies, so I generally tell people what the ingredients are -
    I was just concerned that it would eradicate the essence of the taste.



  8. #8
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    Its not my allergies - It's just that when I cook or bake, I am conscious not to give it to anyone with allergies, so I generally tell people what the ingredients are -
    I was just concerned that it would eradicate the essence of the taste.


    Okay, in that case, make two pies. One with almonds and one without.
    Alhamdulillah, that is very thoughtful for other.
    May Allah SWT reward your kindness for other, Ameen.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Okay, in that case, make two pies. One with almonds and one without.
    Alhamdulillah, that is very thoughtful for other.
    May Allah SWT reward your kindness for other, Ameen.
    I'd try that (time & ability permitting). I am still learning.

  10. #10
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    I'd try that (time & ability permitting). I am still learning.
    Alhamdulillah, it is good to learn.
    Double the recipe and when is time to put the topping, for the 2nd cake you just leave it out, In sha'Allah.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Alhamdulillah, it is good to learn.Double the recipe and when is time to put the topping, for the 2nd cake you just leave it out, In sha'Allah.
    I can try but half the food doesn't come out like the pictures...looks more like a volcanic eruption and a tsunami in one

  12. #12
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    I can try but half the food doesn't come out like the pictures...looks more like a volcanic eruption and a tsunami in one
    No worries, I just last night double the recipe and it came out beautifully. Have confident for yourself.
    What worst can happen...then you star again. it is trail and error, In sha'Allah.

  13. #13
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    No worries, I just last night double the recipe and it came out beautifully. Have confident for yourself.
    What worst can happen...then you star again. it is trail and error, In sha'Allah.
    pics or it didnt happen lol

  14. #14
    Senior Member Red Apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    pics or it didnt happen lol
    These things are not easy to make so I learnt.
    They make it look so easy in the books and have a lovely Picture of the results.

  15. #15
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Apples View Post
    These things are not easy to make so I learnt.
    They make it look so easy in the books and have a lovely Picture of the results.
    yea it probably isnt easy to make

  16. #16
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    pics or it didnt happen lol
    pics will cause so much fitna...but I'll think about...lol

  17. #17
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    yea it probably isnt easy to make
    Sure, you need Ph.D. of domestic sciences ...lol

  18. #18
    Odan Umm Uthmaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,892
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2551 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    pics will cause so much fitna...but I'll think about...lol
    No it won’t sister! Okay maybe a little if you’re trying to be healthy or fasting..anyway just post them
    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

  19. #19
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    pics will cause so much fitna...but I'll think about...lol
    post some pics so we can see it for ourselves

    Quote Originally Posted by uccello verde View Post
    Sure, you need Ph.D. of domestic sciences ...lol
    lol

  20. #20
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: Apple-Almond pie

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    No it won’t sister! Okay maybe a little if you’re trying to be healthy or fasting..anyway just post them
    In sha'Allah, but all the peeps who are dieting do not complain...

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop