Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

NEW UMRAH OCT 2017 Jeddah Airport Ruling!!

ASW could anyone shed some light on the new umrah jeddah ruling which has supposedly come into place since last week Oct 2017.

We are due to fly out next week Insha'Allah and have been informed we cannot get our own taxis from Jeddah Airport to Makkah as we have to use the Buses they provide like Hajj and wait for them to fill up. Until they don't fill up we stay put and we will get dropped off at once all passengers are dropped off to their different hotels in Makkah. And we have been informed should we wish to take our own taxi we will have to pay 2000 riyals.

Please can someone with information inform me if this is true, as this would be ridiculous.

And if anyone has Jeddah to Makkah taxi contact numbers please could you kindly share, May Allah reward you in return,

Jzk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)

Re: NEW UMRAH OCT 2017 Jeddah Airport Ruling!!

Quote Originally Posted by BintZen View Post
    ASW could anyone shed some light on the new umrah jeddah ruling which has supposedly come into place since last week Oct 2017.

We are due to fly out next week Insha'Allah and have been informed we cannot get our own taxis from Jeddah Airport to Makkah as we have to use the Buses they provide like Hajj and wait for them to fill up. Until they don't fill up we stay put and we will get dropped off at once all passengers are dropped off to their different hotels in Makkah. And we have been informed should we wish to take our own taxi we will have to pay 2000 riyals.

Please can someone with information inform me if this is true, as this would be ridiculous.

And if anyone has Jeddah to Makkah taxi contact numbers please could you kindly share, May Allah reward you in return,

Jzk
    wa alaikum salaam not heard they are doing this, have a family going tomorrow will let you know if they are told to take bus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Eesa View Post
    wa alaikum salaam not heard they are doing this, have a family going tomorrow will let you know if they are told to take bus.
    Jzk Brother. If you could kindly update the the post once you hear about anything and if possible if this is not true and your family uses a taxi if you could provide me with the taxi driver number or if you have any taxi contact number. Alhumdulillah go every year and this is the first time i am hearing of this and frankly dreading it as it would be waste of time, it takes time as it is at immigration. May Allah make the journey of Umrah easy for all pilgrims and you family leaving tomorrow and those due to fly soon (Ameen)

We have just got our visas Alhumdulillah and we have been notified of this just today that it has been effective of the past week apparently and should we get our own taxi then we will have to pay 2000sr plus the taxi fare.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BintZen View Post
    Jzk Brother. If you could kindly update the the post once you hear about anything and if possible if this is not true and your family uses a taxi if you could provide me with the taxi driver number or if you have any taxi contact number. Alhumdulillah go every year and this is the first time i am hearing of this and frankly dreading it as it would be waste of time, it takes time as it is at immigration. May Allah make the journey of Umrah easy for all pilgrims and you family leaving tomorrow and those due to fly soon (Ameen)

We have just got our visas Alhumdulillah and we have been notified of this just today that it has been effective of the past week apparently and should we get our own taxi then we will have to pay 2000sr plus the taxi fare.
    First of all, are you living in UK?

Secondly, if you are in UK, please PM me the name of the agent who have given you this information.

SR 2000 is payable, at the point of uploading your passport data for mofa ONLY if you have performed and umra in the previous Islamic year of 1438AH. This SR2000 has nothing to do with transport.

You are at liberty, for the time being, to organise your own transport from whichever airport you disembark.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

nooo.. i want to try feel taking a car in the near future.

Oh wait, there is also the train too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    First of all, are you living in UK?

Secondly, if you are in UK, please PM me the name of the agent who have given you this information.

SR 2000 is payable, at the point of uploading your passport data for mofa ONLY if you have performed and umra in the previous Islamic year of 1438AH. This SR2000 has nothing to do with transport.

You are at liberty, for the time being, to organise your own transport from whichever airport you disembark.
    Aoa

anything coming from Mr Ismail is authenticated