2 tomatoes
    1 red onion
    1/2 cucumber
    black olives
    feta
    olive oil
    salt
    black pepper

1.Wash your vegetables. Cut Tomatoes small wedges. Take seeds out of cucumber and chop it into half rings. Slice red onion.
    2.Place everything in a large salad bowl.
    3.Add olives and feta cheese.
    4.Season with salt, black pepper and olive oil. (use best you can buy )
    5.Serve as a side dish or have as a light lunch.
    6.Enjoy!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

Re: Greek salad

i find that if i add raw onion to a salad dish like this, the whole dish tastes of onion and takes over from the other flavours. I've tried salting the onions, I've tried pouring boiling water over it, I've tried marinading it in lemon juice but I still find the onion flavour is too strong and takes over, so I end up only using a very small amount to try and keep it subtle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    i find that if i add raw onion to a salad dish like this, the whole dish tastes of onion and takes over from the other flavours. I've tried salting the onions, I've tried pouring boiling water over it, I've tried marinading it in lemon juice but I still find the onion flavour is too strong and takes over, so I end up only using a very small amount to try and keep it subtle
    Cut up the onions and salt them, soak them in lemon or vinegar BUT after you have done that do not add them to the salad straight away. Add them last minute just before you going to eat the salad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Cut up the onions and salt them, soak them in lemon or vinegar BUT after you have done that do not add them to the salad straight away. Add them last minute just before you going to eat the salad.