Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)

Which is worse : Settling for a mediocre marriage / Remain single forever?

Would you rather marry someone whom you don't really like or remain alone and childless till you die?

Choose your poison.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2671 Post(s)

Re: Which is worse : Settling for a mediocre marriage / Remain single forever?

Get married. Give it a good shot. If it doesn't work out, second option still remains. It's called divorce.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16375 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AleaIactaEst View Post
    Why was this moved to the void? Awful moderating there.
    Without a doubt.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    the thing is, you don't know someone properly until you live with them. So that brother with good deen, who is educated and wealthy and who you are attracted to might turn out to be your worst nightmare. Likewise, the brother who seems ok but you're not dying to marry, may just turn out to be the best husband, who really helps you grow in both the dunya & the akhira. You just don't know what life is going to hand you that's why always ask Allah subhanahu Wa ta aala for khayr and of course, istikaarah.

id much rather remain in a Mediocre marriage, than to remain single forever, subhanallah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Sorry lol

I meant either way, you could end up with the poison you are dreading. I only used the single example but say you get married to the man of your dreams or someone who is right for you, you can't be sure what the future holds.

No guarantee in life. It's a gamble and that's why it's a test for us to tie our camel and hope that we keep our belief intact whatever the trial.
    That's true. Whichever path you take, there's no guarantee of happiness in this dunya.

Best to not have high expectations on anything, lest you'll be disappointed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    278 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Says the one who follows scholars who give fatwas for halala. Pathetic.

salaams to all
    (Fatwa: 1876/1358/H=1431)

When a person gives three talaqs to his wife, she becomes haram for him. Neither he has the right to take her back in iddah period nor can he solemnize new nikah in iddah or after iddah. A woman divorced thrice, can marry anywhere she wishes beside the person who has given her three talaqs. If the second husband after having intercourse dies or gives talaq and the iddah is over then she deserves the right to do new nikah. If she wishes, she can marry her first husband. There is no other way except it for making the woman halal for the first husband who has given three talaqs to her,. Thus, it is proved from Bukhari Sharif vol. 2, p. 791, fatawa Hindiya vol. 1, p 501, also, other fiqh and fatawa books and from the commentary of hadith. Also it is proved from the holy Quran:
    فَإِن طَلَّقَهَا فَلاَ تَحِلُّ لَهُ مِن بَعْدُ حَتَّىَ تَنكِحَ زَوْجاً غَيْرَهُ [البقرة : 230]
    For detail see the commentary of the said verse "Ahkamul Quran by Jassas (رحمة الله عليه).
    (2) What is the way of arranged halalah before you?
    (3) It is haram for her to do new nikah with her first husband during the iddah period of the second husband and the unlawfulness of intercourse is obvious.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
    Darul Uloom Deoband
    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html