Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Was Paul the man Jesus warned us about ??

Prior to his ascension, Jesus DID NOT say or imply that after he has been raised up to God and before his second coming, there will be reappearances of him, BUT his ONLY next appearance will be his second coming to earth. In Matthew 24:26-27, Jesus said - “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man”.

In other words, after the ascension, there will be NO reappearances by him to anyone and his ONLY next appearance will be his return to earth. So, if anyone said he has seen Jesus or the likes of Jesus (visions, ‘his’ voice) here or there, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. He also made it clear his return will not be seen by a few BUT will be seen universally that is, by everyone fortunate (or unfortunate) to still be around (“For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man”.).

Not only Jesus spoke of his only next appearance (which is his second return) but he also warned of deceivers who will come almost immediately after he was gone –

“Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah/Christ,’ and will deceive many.” – Matthew 24:4-5.

“At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time.” – Matthew 24:23-25.

When you really ponder on what Jesus said here and ask yourself who DID come in Jesus’ name and claimed he encountered Jesus or the likes of Jesus saying “I am Jesus/the Christ” AFTER Jesus had left, the name ‘Paul’ will pop up in your mind.

WHY ? Because in Acts 9, Paul claimed he encountered the likes of Jesus, that is, a voice claiming “I am Jesus/the Christ” on a wilderness road to Damascus. Some Christian scholars even claimed that Paul actually saw the physical Jesus and not just heard his voice. Whatever it was, doesn’t what Paul claimed here fit the warning of Jesus (Matthew 24) of an impostor claiming to be him/the Christ who would deceive many, even the elect ? Could Paul too had been deceived by this impostor ‘Jesus’ and in turn, Paul, inspired and encouraged by this impostor ‘Jesus’ he encountered on that wilderness road to Damascus, also had, knowingly or unknowingly, deceived billions of people to this very day ??

One telling event that Paul encountered an impostor ‘Jesus’ and NOT the true Jesus, was when Paul intended to inform of his encounter with ‘Jesus’ to the twelve apostles, the impostor ‘Jesus’ prevented him from doing so by instructing Paul to leave Jerusalem quickly on the basis that the twelve will not believe him (Paul). Why would the true Jesus be thinking that his twelve apostles will not believe Paul IF it was the true Jesus that Paul had encountered? The true Jesus would not have any risk if Paul had met the twelve and related to them of his encounter on the road to Damascus BUT an impostor ‘Jesus’ would – he would fear that he will be exposed by the twelve apostles had Paul met the twelve apostles as the twelve are very well-informed of the warning by the true Jesus in Matthew 24.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1138 Post(s)

Re: Was Paul the man Jesus warned us about ??

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMyers View Post
    “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah/Christ,’ and will deceive many.” – Matthew 24:4-5.

“At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time.” – Matthew 24:23-25.
    Yeah I would say these verses are about end time fitnas. These verses are about Dajjals (jugglers)(anti-christs). Then Paul would be the first Dajjal (juggler)!
    Note: I am a shia.

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ALAS View Post
    Yeah I would say these verses are about end time fitnas. These verses are about Dajjals (jugglers)(anti-christs). Then Paul would be the first Dajjal (juggler)!
    you are here

lol funny, i asked myself this day "where did alas go ?"
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magok View Post
    you are here, lol funny, i asked myself this day "where did alas go ?"
    WoW ! it is exciting to be followed by a gronn.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Interesting
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.