Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Lightbulb Food mentioned in Quran & Sunnah

Assalamu alaykum

I am going to try & incorporate some of the food mentioned in the Quran & Sunnah into my day to day life. Not only will this have numerous health benefits but it is also a way of gaining some reward Insha Allah. What I am going to try & do, is to replace something daily, but to take it slow so that I stick with it. This week, I will replace my morning coffee with honey mixed in water (I will have my coffee after half an hour!)

So if anyone wants to join, please do! Share your ideas about small things we can do to follow the Quran & Sunnah in terms of our diet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Re: Food mentioned in Quran & Sunnah

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    Its manna, I've looked around yesterday and it seems its gum arabic? I use to buy those in powder form, then drink it after mixing with water.
    But this is like rare stuff, not something so common in the market, so I'm not sure whether its a recommended product or something.
    Im not sure whether this manna is the manna that is refered in the Quran or maybe something else. So its also an issue of identification.
    Because it may be possible that people commercialized this sort of things. And rarely people mention this in discourses. Not like fig and olive.
    If anyone can help confirm this. Till then.

Its mentioned in Quran Al Baqarah : 27
    https://quran.com/2/57

And We shaded you with clouds and sent down to you manna and quails, [saying], "Eat from the good things with which We have provided you." And they wronged Us not - but they were [only] wronging themselves.
    It would be really interesting to know about the manna referred to in Quran. You're right it's not mentioned much compared to other things such as figs/olives. @neelu do you happen to have any information about the manna mentioned in Surah baqarah?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    Subhanallah, did you take the honey? How nice of your mother to remind you to take it, may Allah reward her with goodness
    Ameen.
    Yes I did. Alhamdulilah. There are many different grades. And like so many versions of honey. Like from so many different countries too.
    But I don't know, till now I don't feel the effect of honey like boosting my health and stuff.
    It's just me I guess.

Not many people want to take honey though, just those religious conscious ones are more prone to taking them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Ameen.
    Yes I did. Alhamdulilah. There are many different grades. And like so many versions of honey. Like from so many different countries too.
    But I don't know, till now I don't feel the effect of honey like boosting my health and stuff.
    It's just me I guess.

Not many people want to take honey though, just those religious conscious ones are more prone to taking them.
    Normally I have the pure Yemeni honey but recently I've been having pure Turkish honey and subhanallah it's amazing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Normally I have the pure Yemeni honey but recently I've been having pure Turkish honey and subhanallah it's amazing.
    Turkish honey? oh , no I dont think i have it before. Its yemeni honey that is more found here.
    I think they called it sidr honey.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Turkish honey? oh , no I dont think i have it before. Its yemeni honey that is more found here.
    Turkish honey is probably one of the best that I have tried. Alhumdulilah

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sapphire View Post
    Have you tried it before? Curious.
    I take a teaspoon of ground black seeds every morning. It doesn't taste good at all, but you get used to it. Better to purchase the oil and mix it with tea, or warm water and honey. It really does help your body against illnesses.

I recommend you buy a small amount of the seeds first, and grind them in a coffee grinder. And every morning, pour hot water over a teaspoon of it, add some honey and drink it down. This way you can be familiar with the flavor, and when you go for the oil, you'll know what its supposed to taste like since lots of online sellers will sell you fake stuff.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)

I tried yemeni honey for the first time recently. Tasted like something very familiar but i couldn't tell what. Wasn't fond of it, it was to heavy/sweet. I prefer the local honey since it tastes much lighter.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abisali View Post
    I tried yemeni honey for the first time recently. Tasted like something very familiar but i couldn't tell what. Wasn't fond of it, it was to heavy/sweet. I prefer the local honey since it tastes much lighter.
    yes, yemeni honey is like darkish in colour, compared to those like wildflower honey kinds. And i think the substance is of more quality. Not sure how true though.
    The ones we need to be careful are the fake honey, those that purposely add sugar or something like that. I read it somewhere before, article I think.

One day I want try those much more fresh, like straight from the farm, then and there you can taste them.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

It would be really interesting to know about the manna referred to in Quran. You're right it's not mentioned much compared to other things such as figs/olives. @neelu do you happen to have any information about the manna mentioned in Surah baqarah?
    Do u mean the verse referring to musa's followers eating manna and quails? I've not looked into Islamic references to this but I know the ahle kitaab say manna is semolina

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Do u mean the verse referring to musa's followers eating manna and quails? I've not looked into Islamic references to this but I know the ahle kitaab say manna is semolina
    Yes, oh wow that's interesting

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

it's at the bottom of this page http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafhe...rse=139&to=146

Quote Originally Posted by LA3 View Post
    Really informative. JazakAllah khair.

Do you mind sharing the source on Yunus AS please?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    JazakAllah khair. Loved the link and info on Yunus AS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

very interesting thread

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

Bought black seeds and olive oil recently from a shop which sells everything islamic.

Don't know how to use em, so I'm currently pouring a few seeds in my hot coffee/tea and drinking it.
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
    Bought black seeds and olive oil recently from a shop which sells everything islamic.

Don't know how to use em, so I'm currently pouring a few seeds in my hot coffee/tea and drinking it.
    how's the taste?
    Thinking of getting those seeds as well, perhaps in the near future.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

how's the taste?
    I hate the taste of olive oil, tried drinking it first thing in the morning.

Black seeds are a bit bitter, but I just crunch em and swallow with my hot beverage.
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

how's the taste?

Black seeds are a bit bitter, but I just crunch em and swallow with my hot beverage.
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post

Oh ok, chill dude, had to emphasize bitter with 2 posts.
    Not able to rep you twice

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2049 Post(s)

Oh ok, chill dude, had to emphasize bitter with 2 posts.
    Not able to rep you twice
    Hahaha, I'm chill as can be. Olive oil isn't really bitter though, can't describe it. The seeds are bitter.but.good
    ┳┻|
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)

Wa aleikum assalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Talbina

" Talbeenah is mentioned in a number of saheeh ahaadeeth, such as the following:

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), that if a member of her family died, the women would gather together, then they would depart, except her own relatives and close friends. She would order that a pot of talbeenah be cooked, then some thareed would be made and the talbeenah would be poured over it. Then she would say: Eat some of it, for I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Talbeenah soothes the heart of the sick person, and it takes away some of the grief.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5101; Muslim, 2216.

It was narrated from her (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she would order that talbeenah be made for the sick and the one who was mourning a death, and she used to say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Talbeenah soothes the heart of the sick and takes away some of the grief.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5365; Muslim, 2216 "

Here is more about it and how to make it:
    https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06&oe=5A71F8E8

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_08 View Post

Talbina

" Talbeenah is mentioned in a number of saheeh ahaadeeth, such as the following:

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), that if a member of her family died, the women would gather together, then they would depart, except her own relatives and close friends. She would order that a pot of talbeenah be cooked, then some thareed would be made and the talbeenah would be poured over it. Then she would say: Eat some of it, for I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Talbeenah soothes the heart of the sick person, and it takes away some of the grief.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5101; Muslim, 2216.

It was narrated from her (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she would order that talbeenah be made for the sick and the one who was mourning a death, and she used to say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Talbeenah soothes the heart of the sick and takes away some of the grief.”

Jazakullah khair for sharing.
    Talbina, first time I heard of this. It seems its a mixture of honey, barley,milk and oats. Those are like one of the healthiest ingredients ever , all in 1 bowl.
    Alhamdulilah

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_08 View Post

Talbina

Subhanallah very relevant for me right now so I will try and make this Insha Allah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Eating Figs and olives at a ratio of 1:7 is beneficial. http://navedz.com/by-the-fig-and-the...embrace-islam/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

Absitinence from food as a cure

"The stomach is the home to all diseases and abstinence is the head of every remedy so make this your custom" (Al-Bukhari)

"the son of Adam has filled no vessel worse than is stomach. It will be sufficient to eat a few bites to strengthen the backbone. If he must eat more, then 1/3 water, 1/3 food 1/3 air"
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    706 Post(s)

Bump