Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Flu remedies?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Flu remedies?

AsSalaamu Alaikum. Please help me taste food again.

What are your flu remedies?

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Re: Flu remedies?

Quote Originally Posted by LA3 View Post

Boil some fresh ginger.
    1 litre water
    10-15 cm ginger

1.Wash, peel, and chop ginger.
    2.Add to boiling water, and let it brew.
    3.Drink with lemon and honey. You can re-heat it.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Eat a bunch of honey
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    698 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Eat a bunch of honey
    Bro, is honey eaten? Or drunk?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)

Chew on a clove of garlic. If you're not that brave then Just chop a clove up & put it in your mouth and then swallow it. Honestly, it works.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    Depends really
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    701 Post(s)

I take a teaspoon of finely ground (use a coffee grinder) blackseed (Nigella sativa) daily, and it seems to help with my immune system. I have gotten sick a few times since I started taking it, but they bouts of illness are no where near as long as they usually are. I get a cold sore on my lip about once or twice a year ever since I was a kid, and my most recent outbreak lasted less than a week, where as a normal out break would take 2-3 weeks to heal. If you can find it in oil form, it would be best to mix a teaspoon of it in warm water with honey and lemon in the morning, and again before bed. I read that its best to take it 2 hours before meals, but I never remember to do it that far in advance.

The post about ginger is good too, especially if you have stomach pains. Make sure to drink lots of fluids, and if you have a persistent cough, drink lots of hot tea with ginger and cinnamon. I find that cinnamon helps calm the coughs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    701 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    I normally inhale it.

MEOW

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

There are a few things that help alleviate colds/flu for me so you can try a couple of these and see if they help:

- I drink LOADS of lukewarm water as this helps prevent dryness in the throat and clear out my nose and throat of blockages. I drink 2-3 litres of fluids a day for up to a week, 1.5 litres of which is water and the rest is soup or tea

- Before bedtime, I drink one cup that contains hot water, a spoonful of honey, a sqeeze of lemon and a few drops of black seed oil

- If you have a temperature then take a couple of paracetamol per day for a couple of days to help return your temperature to normal

- For a blocked nose, I recommend putting plenty of vicks on your feet before going to bed, then wear socks over your feet and sleep overnight like that as it helps clear things out somehow

- A very nice cold remedy is a simple chicken soup. What you do is put a few chicken wings or thighs in a large pan with a clove of garlic, an inch chunk of ginger, 1 mild red chilli, a little salt and black pepper and 1.5litres of water. Bring to the boil then leave it to boil for 20 mins. Remove the chicken meat from the bones, then throw the chicken meat into a large serving bowl. Using a strainer, pour the soup into the serving bowl, then stir in 1-2 dessert spoons of soy sauce and the freshly squeezed juice of half a lime and your soup is ready. It tastes nice on its own or serve with bread/ciabatta or else you can boil a portion of soup with a portion of noodles and make it into chicken noodle soup. My point is that chilli, garlic, ginger, lime juice and chicken soup are all ingredients that are known to be very good for you if you have a cold or flu so having a nice light soup containing all those things helps you feel better and tastes good together.

- One option my family try sometimes is to drink joshanda which is an infusion of herbs mixed in hot water, just one cup a day is fine

- If my flu is really bad, then I'm willing to go the extra mile and drink a kava infusion consisting of neem that's been boiled in water and I drink it like a tea with added stevia and honey, but bear in mind, neem is good for health but extremely bitter so not for the faint hearted.

I'm not suggesting to try all of these, usually I'd try two or three of these things when I'm ill. They don't cure me overnight, but my colds and flu used to last three weeks but since trying these things they only last 3-5 days. I'd usually try two things such as drinking tons of water and then before bed I'd have either joshanda or black seed infusion for a couple of days and then i'd have chicken soup for a few days and so on, but if I'm suffering much worse than usual, then I'd try the neem.

Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9765 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LA3 View Post

Surah fatiha x7 blow on water and drink before u sleep
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]