Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 104
  1. #1
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Is hijra compulsary.

    I mean not all wives can be teachers and nurses and of course due to fitna,should the couple do hijrah...to a land where a wife can be at home and husbands work is enough to survive..

    We see so many instances sisters say men dont do their job properly and they are forced to work

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  2. #41
    --- Simply_Logical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    18,377
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7580 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1202

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    really depends

  3. #42

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    708
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Couldnt it be to a better practising place to avoid that fitna
    I can't think of any places that come to mind. Even countries that have vast Muslim populations have the same fitna as Western countries (local TV, mixing of the genders, parties, etc.).

  4. #43
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,165
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    This



    What do taste and personality have to do here ?

    If they don't want to bother with housework now because they are married.

    Why a woman would bother working while she has a husband who should provide for her and pay all ?

    You can't have your cake and eat it ... BTW women are human too. It's like they want their full rights and rights of their wives too^^

    such men shouldn't ask their wives to work and help with life expenses .. they can get well with housewives ( women work inside and men outside ) fair enough ..
    You have it the wrong way round. The men in question didn't bother with housework before they were married either.

  5. #44
    Wanderer Stoic Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,744
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9428 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
    Only if he is doing 50% of the housework/cooking/childcare. The resentment problem creeps in when the woman is also working FT but the man kicks off his socks and shoes whilst the woman is running ragged at home trying to keep on top of these things. There is no way i would work FT, pay into the house and then come home to do everything myself.
    Traditional households sound way more relaxed in comparison.

  6. #45
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
    Only if he is doing 50% of the housework/cooking/childcare. The resentment problem creeps in when the woman is also working FT but the man kicks off his socks and shoes whilst the woman is running ragged at home trying to keep on top of these things. There is no way i would work FT, pay into the house and then come home to do everything myself.
    If he's kicked off his socks before his shoes that man's a keeper!

  7. #46
    Odan
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,404
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    So you are saying its ok for wife to go out and work ,potentially leading to a lot of fitna ...whereas,if he goes to middle east or asia they can easily survive with the mans income..in these areas majority married women are still housewives and man doesnt do fancy jobs either...


    So no need to migrate then ?
    You are saying take a chance with wife working is it.
    I said migrate to lower cost area not necessary to middle east. I assumed the OP is not Middle Eastern, so can only live in ME with work visa. Getting work visa for family of 3 is not that easy especially if he doesn't have fancy skills. In many case the wife will need to get her own work visa for both to live there. Hence ME was not my suggestion. If the OP is from ME and can easily migrate there without proof of income then good for him, he should. If he is from other parts of the world (Asia, Africa) where most people would do anything to come to WEST because there is no job in those parts of the world & his wife would have to still work then there is no point.

    Most young couple I know in Asia (Bangladesh specifically) work: majority of the women are teachers which is only few hours per day. But still they are working because husband salary alone will cover the basic food/shelter. Even eid clothes are not covered by husband salary. The women who don't work tend to either live in large joint family which is always cheaper than living alone or gain additional income from family farm land on top of husbands income or have relative over see who send money for big events to cover the expense wife would have covered with her salary.

    this is why I said do the calculation and see if its worth moving. There is no perfect place & if the wife has to work in Asia or ME then what's the point of moving. Maybe your wife can take in few more babies to babysit for supplementary income. This way she is not working outside of home and looking after your baby while still earning income.

  8. #47
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    241

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    You have it the wrong way round. The men in question didn't bother with housework before they were married either.
    Aha I see . But still will give same reply because it actually makes no difference if they bother with housework before marriage or not.

    Men can't ask their wives to work outside the home( help with expenses), and inside the home as well ( without helping them). That's very selfish and immature .. I wonder who wanna be with such men?!

    To me it's one of two :

    1- He does outside chores, and I do inside chores as a housewife.

    2- We both work( if needed) but we share housework.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

  9. #48
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    Aha I see . But still will give same reply because it actually makes no difference if they bother with housework before marriage or not.

    Men can't ask their wives to work outside the home( help with expenses), and inside the home as well ( without helping them). That's very selfish and immature .. I wonder who wanna be with such men?!

    To me it's one of two :

    1- He does outside chores, and I do inside chores as a housewife.

    2- We both work( if needed) but we share housework.
    Working women get to have it all. They either stay single or they marry and do 80+% of the housework. It's poetic justice.

  10. #49
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    241

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Working women get to have it all. They either stay single or they marry and do 80+% of the housework. It's poetic justice.

    Here's another ^^

    I think you being very honest with this line ..I really appreciate talk that touches reality .. thanks for pointing out how most men think regarding this topic.


    Anyways, I'm enjoying my single life and If It happened and I get married I think I wanna stay home >>> for a change at least ....

    Not going to work inside and outside because I'm not an animal ....and Allah knows best.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

  11. #50
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    Here's another ^^

    I think you being very honest with this line ..I really appreciate talk that touches reality .. thanks for pointing out how most men think regarding this topic.


    Anyways, I'm enjoying my single life and If It happened and I get married I think I wanna stay home >>> for a change at least ....

    Not going to work inside and outside because I'm not an animal ....and Allah knows best.
    Only pointing out what I think.

  12. #51
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    241

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Only pointing out what I think.
    nah .. This is what most married working women going through.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

  13. #52
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    nah .. This is what most married working women going through.


    When a sister hurts I hurt.

  14. #53
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    241

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post


    When a sister hurts I hurt.
    no need for that ... no one being hurt ..It's not like I'm in that situation myself .. it's just a discussion..

    you know .. i wonder how in the other thread u don't agree with me saying "women workload is increasing and men workload is decreasing" while in this thread you admit it ..in a way or another^^
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

  15. #54
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    2,165
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    Aha I see . But still will give same reply because it actually makes no difference if they bother with housework before marriage or not.

    Men can't ask their wives to work outside the home( help with expenses), and inside the home as well ( without helping them). That's very selfish and immature .. I wonder who wanna be with such men?!

    To me it's one of two :

    1- He does outside chores, and I do inside chores as a housewife.

    2- We both work( if needed) but we share housework.
    The men couldn't see why their wives bothered to do all that work inside the home that the men thought wasn't necessary unless they enjoyed it.
    It's fine sharing housework as long as you agree how much housework is needed.

  16. #55
    Wanderer Stoic Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,744
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9428 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    The men couldn't see why their wives bothered to do all that work inside the home that the men thought wasn't necessary unless they enjoyed it.
    It's fine sharing housework as long as you agree how much housework is needed.
    Yeah, I suspect this is actually what is happening a lot of the time.

  17. #56
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Well imagine a brother makes 1200 euros a month and the cheapest place he can get is 500 euros (based on my city)
    I was home alone with my bro gor 1 week and i spend 100 euros on food (he eats out in the weekend so only 5 days of food and i barely eat) so 400 euros a month for food has us at 900 euros and then add the bills on top, and gas for the car to get him to work is prolly 50 a week which is 200 a month gets us at 1100 a month excl. Bills, we're already making dept and we didnt even buy anything apart from food.
    I see migrating as the best option for you ,but that means marriage

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  18. #57
    Odan Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,841
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5590 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    494

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Well imagine a brother makes 1200 euros a month and the cheapest place he can get is 500 euros (based on my city)
    I was home alone with my bro gor 1 week and i spend 100 euros on food (he eats out in the weekend so only 5 days of food and i barely eat) so 400 euros a month for food has us at 900 euros and then add the bills on top, and gas for the car to get him to work is prolly 50 a week which is 200 a month gets us at 1100 a month excl. Bills, we're already making dept and we didnt even buy anything apart from food.
    400 euros for food?

    You're not budgeting properly if it's for only two people.

  19. #58
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    This



    What do taste and personality have to do here ?

    If they don't want to bother with housework now because they are married.

    Why a woman would bother working while she has a husband who should provide for her and pay all ?

    You can't have your cake and eat it ... BTW women are human too. It's like they want their full rights and rights of their wives too^^

    such men shouldn't ask their wives to work and help with life expenses .. they can get well with housewives ( women work inside and men outside ) fair enough ..
    Yeah the problem here is sometimes in marriage women get frustrated due to lack of finance and problems arise...so basically putting the man in a spot.

    In a marriage if a man has to live in a,cardboard box he will do it throughout but women cant do that..

    What I am trying to say is his lifestlye or wanting to change lifestyle wont change ...

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  20. #59
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    I can't think of any places that come to mind. Even countries that have vast Muslim populations have the same fitna as Western countries (local TV, mixing of the genders, parties, etc.).
    I am saying solely for this reason alone ..mind you it is aa big fitna ....so migrating to slighly better place to avoid the fitna

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  21. #60
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Traditional households sound way more relaxed in comparison.
    Yes....when people understand their roles ...households function properly.....

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  22. #61
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    I said migrate to lower cost area not necessary to middle east. I assumed the OP is not Middle Eastern, so can only live in ME with work visa. Getting work visa for family of 3 is not that easy especially if he doesn't have fancy skills. In many case the wife will need to get her own work visa for both to live there. Hence ME was not my suggestion. If the OP is from ME and can easily migrate there without proof of income then good for him, he should. If he is from other parts of the world (Asia, Africa) where most people would do anything to come to WEST because there is no job in those parts of the world & his wife would have to still work then there is no point.

    Most young couple I know in Asia (Bangladesh specifically) work: majority of the women are teachers which is only few hours per day. But still they are working because husband salary alone will cover the basic food/shelter. Even eid clothes are not covered by husband salary. The women who don't work tend to either live in large joint family which is always cheaper than living alone or gain additional income from family farm land on top of husbands income or have relative over see who send money for big events to cover the expense wife would have covered with her salary.

    this is why I said do the calculation and see if its worth moving. There is no perfect place & if the wife has to work in Asia or ME then what's the point of moving. Maybe your wife can take in few more babies to babysit for supplementary income. This way she is not working outside of home and looking after your baby while still earning income.
    Lot of points to ponder

    People who migrate to west have money as a motive so this topic is fruitless for that category.

    Lot of western muslims have connections to their ancestoral country so its not hard if you try to go there.

    Middle east is a haven for western passport holders ,they are paid 10 times more even for a basic job so no excuses here.

    Everything points to do you wana do it rather than its a headache doing it.

    I agree with jobs but not all can do it ,job is a skill not everyone can be a babysitter

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  23. #62
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,860
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3804 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Is hijra compulsary.

    I mean not all wives can be teachers and nurses and of course due to fitna,should the couple do hijrah...to a land where a wife can be at home and husbands work is enough to survive..

    We see so many instances sisters say men dont do their job properly and they are forced to work
    OK I support hijrah, but you do know that there are also massive numbers of instances where woman are also forced to work in Muslim countries right?
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  24. #63
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,692
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    815 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    What if you are already in a society ,where it is generally understood woman has to work to makes ends meet..should we marry in a society like that ..ie western society
    Surely not every women works in the west for various reasons??

  25. #64
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    Here's another ^^

    I think you being very honest with this line ..I really appreciate talk that touches reality .. thanks for pointing out how most men think regarding this topic.


    Anyways, I'm enjoying my single life and If It happened and I get married I think I wanna stay home >>> for a change at least ....

    Not going to work inside and outside because I'm not an animal ....and Allah knows best.
    See I agree with you as well that if a man asks a woman to work he needs to help out but the wife still needs to boss the kitchen yes man can maybe cook when he can maybe wash dishes every day,throw the garbage,carry heavy shopping bags (oooh its heavy)
    But plese dont put an equality percentage to it and also discuss it to be equal its very not feminine like.

    Mans job is way more stressful because he has to make sure food is on the table ...so a wife helps with work that is love ..man is not saying you give 50 I give 50 no that's not how it is ,help what you can perhaps....but obviously her work will be part time or the intensity of pressure is not there.

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  26. #65
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,276
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Poster View Post
    400 euros for food?

    You're not budgeting properly if it's for only two people.
    Well yea i wasnt budgeting i didnt have too, i can reduce it if i was budgeting but still tho i was shocked at how expensive it was cus i didn't buy extremely expensive things, just normal
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  27. #66
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    OK I support hijrah, but you do know that there are also massive numbers of instances where woman are also forced to work in Muslim countries right?
    Yea ,but see either the environments are more suited and also the culture is women stay indoors,work is the exception not the norm

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  28. #67
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor View Post
    Surely not every women works in the west for various reasons??
    Not all ,but generaly accepted women have to work to support high living costs.

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  29. #68
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    no need for that ... no one being hurt ..It's not like I'm in that situation myself .. it's just a discussion..

    you know .. i wonder how in the other thread u don't agree with me saying "women workload is increasing and men workload is decreasing" while in this thread you admit it ..in a way or another^^
    You are a single (older) working woman, you are in one of the situations I mentioned.

    Married or not...it's the norm that the woman does most of the housework, I have always said this. That's why I said when she's married and still working invariably resentment builds up because she pretty much is having to do it all. She gets to have the whole cake and not just the odd slice. But it's the choices you guys made, sisters prioritising education and career over getting married.

    I've also said sisters run into higher education when they are not really bothered about studying just so that they can avoid getting married. It happens plenty. I'm sure there are a few sisters here on the forum guilty of this but would not have the guts to admit it.

  30. #69
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Not all ,but generaly accepted women have to work to support high living costs.
    Or the husband earns more to cover the costs, or they make sacrifices and change their lifestyle. In the UK there are people with children on welfare and work (low skilled) and manage. You really don't need much to live a frugal lifestyle.

  31. #70
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Or the husband earns more to cover the costs, or they make sacrifices and change their lifestyle. In the UK there are people with children on welfare and work (low skilled) and manage. You really don't need much to live a frugal lifestyle.
    Husband working more is very subjective .....theres so much he can do ,benefits meeeeh child benefit is the uniform one everything else is again straddling between are you doing the right thing or not or being extremly honest or not.
    You take benefits honestly mean you are barely surviving....

    Forget all that why do sisters still complain men want women to work then in the west....

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  32. #71
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Husband working more is very subjective .....theres so much he can do ,benefits meeeeh child benefit is the uniform one everything else is again straddling between are you doing the right thing or not or being extremly honest or not.
    You take benefits honestly mean you are barely surviving....

    Forget all that why do sisters still complain men want women to work then in the west....
    Does not need to work more, but jobs pay different rates. Even if you are on minimum wage and say only earn Ł10k a year you will be entitled to full benefits. I did a calculation some time back and his earning doubled due to the benefits received. It was something like Ł500p/w...you can survive on that.

  33. #72
    Odan muzzybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    537

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Does not need to work more, but jobs pay different rates. Even if you are on minimum wage and say only earn Ł10k a year you will be entitled to full benefits. I did a calculation some time back and his earning doubled due to the benefits received. It was something like Ł500p/w...you can survive on that.
    Tell me summing rarely men stick to minimum wage jobs when obtaining full benefits ...while taking that they try to do cash in hand jobs for added money and dont tell the council ,also taxi jobs you can never tell exact income..

    So if someone is earning 10000 ,rarely he sticks to it.

    The system has forced people to do this

    Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

    **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

    Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

  34. #73
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Tell me summing rarely men stick to minimum wage jobs when obtaining full benefits ...while taking that they try to do cash in hand jobs for added money and dont tell the council ,also taxi jobs you can never tell exact income..

    So if someone is earning 10000 ,rarely he sticks to it.
    Yes they can commit fraud and earn more that way. The point I made was through legal means if you have Ł500p/w in your pocket to can manage a household. That's with just the man working no need for the woman to look for paid work.

    It's not true when guys say the living costs are so high that they need a wife to work and contribute too. It's wrong.

  35. #74
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,919
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    See I agree with you as well that if a man asks a woman to work he needs to help out but the wife still needs to boss the kitchen yes man can maybe cook when he can maybe wash dishes every day,throw the garbage,carry heavy shopping bags (oooh its heavy)
    But plese dont put an equality percentage to it and also discuss it to be equal its very not feminine like.

    Mans job is way more stressful because he has to make sure food is on the table ...so a wife helps with work that is love ..man is not saying you give 50 I give 50 no that's not how it is ,help what you can perhaps....but obviously her work will be part time or the intensity of pressure is not there.
    If he asked his wife to work. How we know, if she earns more, than him? Some women too, which will make her the breadwinner of house, not him. He surely didn't do he job well enough, when needs to send his spouse to work.

    Money management, they should apply in the household. Lots of families are living over their earnings.[ Home is like a small business]
    Give charity to increase your wealth.
    Rizq is from Allah SWT.

  36. #75
    Odan Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,841
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5590 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    494

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Well yea i wasnt budgeting i didnt have too, i can reduce it if i was budgeting but still tho i was shocked at how expensive it was cus i didn't buy extremely expensive things, just normal
    True it's expensive but unless you guys are always buying takeaway food, it shouldn't be so high.

  37. #76
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1546 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    241

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    You are a single (older) working woman, you are in one of the situations I mentioned.

    Married or not...it's the norm that the woman does most of the housework, I have always said this. That's why I said when she's married and still working invariably resentment builds up because she pretty much is having to do it all. She gets to have the whole cake and not just the odd slice. But it's the choices you guys made, sisters prioritising education and career over getting married.

    I've also said sisters run into higher education when they are not really bothered about studying just so that they can avoid getting married. It happens plenty. I'm sure there are a few sisters here on the forum guilty of this but would not have the guts to admit it.
    So you agree that women workload is increasing and men workload is decresing or not? you ignored my last line and start another discussion about women choices in life...


    I didn't like the discussion to turn into personal level as I'm speaking about my view in general .. and you speak about me in person^^

    But I will answer u this time ..

    I'm not in that situation for many reasons .. that I prefer to avoid mentioning here .. I really don't know how to mention them without coming across as cocky, bragging ..etc . So, let me just say Alhamdulliah I'm blessed at all levels and It's me who knows all about myself and my situation; and I'm not hurt as you said in your previous post. don't know why you trying to force this impression on me!

    As for marriage, higher education .. all are my choice (of course after Allah's decree) and I know really what I'm doing and what I want in life. I'm not regretting anything but what's the point of saying that .. u can't believe that because you think all people have only one mindset/ way of looking at life and marriage... that's same to yours^^

    Also, In this post you confirm something I said in the past on this forum .. that some people If they know a piece of info about someone else they link everything to that info and start analyzing his thinking/ life and all based on that info .. thinking they know all ...
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

  38. #77
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,276
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by Poster View Post
    True it's expensive but unless you guys are always buying takeaway food, it shouldn't be so high.
    Nooo i didnt order takeaway once i made food everytime
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  39. #78
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,373
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    So you agree that women workload is increasing and men workload is decresing or not? you ignored my last line and start another discussion about women choices in life... I didn't like the discussion to turn into personal level as I'm speaking about my view in general .. and you speak about me in person^^ But I will answer u this time ..I'm not in that situation for many reasons .. that I prefer to avoid mentioning here .. I really don't know how to mention them without coming across as cocky, bragging ..etc . So, let me just say Alhamdulliah I'm blessed at all levels and It's me who knows all about myself and my situation; and I'm not hurt as you said in your previous post. don't know why you trying to force this impression on me! As for marriage, higher education .. all are my choice (of course after Allah's decree) and I know really what I'm doing and what I want in life. I'm not regretting anything but what's the point of saying that .. u can't believe that because you think all people have only one mindset/ way of looking at life and marriage... that's same to yours^^Also, In this post you confirm something I said in the past on this forum .. that some people If they know a piece of info about someone else they link everything to that info and start analyzing his thinking/ life and all based on that info .. thinking they know all ...
    I did not want it to be personal and as such I've not read beyond your first two lines. I don't know why you are pressing for men are working less, women more...I don't believe this. Their roles are different and they do what is expected of them. Some men do less some do more. Some women do more some do less. Don't know what else you want me to say.I know men that go out to work, provide for the family, protect the family and contribute to the daily workings of the home. Not sure what they should be doing beyond this at a family level.

    Formatting is messed up!!!

  40. #79

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    708
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    So you agree that women workload is increasing and men workload is decresing or not? you ignored my last line and start another discussion about women choices in life...


    I didn't like the discussion to turn into personal level as I'm speaking about my view in general .. and you speak about me in person^^

    But I will answer u this time ..

    I'm not in that situation for many reasons .. that I prefer to avoid mentioning here .. I really don't know how to mention them without coming across as cocky, bragging ..etc . So, let me just say Alhamdulliah I'm blessed at all levels and It's me who knows all about myself and my situation; and I'm not hurt as you said in your previous post. don't know why you trying to force this impression on me!

    As for marriage, higher education .. all are my choice (of course after Allah's decree) and I know really what I'm doing and what I want in life. I'm not regretting anything but what's the point of saying that .. u can't believe that because you think all people have only one mindset/ way of looking at life and marriage... that's same to yours^^

    Also, In this post you confirm something I said in the past on this forum .. that some people If they know a piece of info about someone else they link everything to that info and start analyzing his thinking/ life and all based on that info .. thinking they know all ...
    It's not hard to piece together (even from that little info) that your dad is a wealthy Arab.

    Going off on a tangent here, but what is the customary dowry for people in your position? I have heard that some Arab men demand USD50-100K mehr/dowry for their daughters. Is this true?

  41. #80
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,276
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

    So how do yall afford to have hot meals twice a day
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop