Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

Is hijra compulsary.

I mean not all wives can be teachers and nurses and of course due to fitna,should the couple do hijrah...to a land where a wife can be at home and husbands work is enough to survive..

We see so many instances sisters say men dont do their job properly and they are forced to work

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    So how do yall afford to have hot meals twice a day
    By cooking a big pot and eating the same food twice

Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

Re: In a society if both spouses have to work ....to survive.is hijrah compulsory

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    By cooking a big pot and eating the same food twice
    Seriously lol but thats more expensive id think, then eating 2 bread meals
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Seriously lol but thats more expensive id think, then eating 2 bread meals
    On a serious note, it probably also has to do with what your staple diet is. Rice/Roti is relatively cheap to buy/make and this is the staple diet of South Asians. Meat is also not consumed everyday, which may lessen the costs too.

By comparison, what is the food that you eat most frequently?

1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1558 Post(s)

by marrying a guy who works and loves cooked food .. so he brings the ingredients and you cook and eat together.. win- win situation.

I don't know why I felt I'm a man by saying this lol
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

On a serious note, it probably also has to do with what your staple diet is. Rice/Roti is relatively cheap to buy/make and this is the staple diet of South Asians. Meat is also not consumed everyday, which may lessen the costs too.

By comparison, what is the food that you eat most frequently?
    I eat bread for breakfast and lunch and dinner is warm neal (in the weekend lunch is warm meal and dinner is buns)

Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    by marrying a guy who works and loves cooked food .. so he brings the ingredients and you cook and eat together.. win- win situation.

Haha i think id gain a lot of weight eating warm meals twice a day
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

I eat bread for breakfast and lunch and dinner is warm neal (in the weekend lunch is warm meal and dinner is buns)

Haha i think id gain a lot of weight eating warm meals twice a day
    Isn't bread fattening?

I am guessing that most people (like yourself) eat just 1 hot meal a day. Maybe a "heavy" breakfast with porridge/oats, a light lunch (sandwich) and then "bring on the curry" at night.

Going back to costs, I think the amount of meat consumed is the biggest reason food may cost more for some.

Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

Isn't bread fattening?

I am guessing that most people (like yourself) eat just 1 hot meal a day. Maybe a "heavy" breakfast with porridge/oats, a light lunch (sandwich) and then "bring on the curry" at night.

Going back to costs, I think the amount of meat consumed is the biggest reason food may cost more for some.
    Idk actually i mean my bro for example would never want a vegetarian meal so i guess bread is better then

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Idk actually i mean my bro for example would never want a vegetarian meal so i guess bread is better then
    Not even pizzas/pastas?

Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

Not even pizzas/pastas?
    Nopee lol hed prolly prefer bread over pizza too for lunch

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Nopee lol hed prolly prefer bread over pizza too for lunch
    My apologies for being a bit ignorant on your European culture, but when you say "bread", are you referring to something like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguette

Or this:

http://cookdiary.net/wp-content/uplo...Bread_2532.jpg

Eaten plain (no butter, jam, peanut-butter, etc.) ? If yes, isn't that very dry to eat?

Muslim
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1756 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Is hijra compulsary.

I mean not all wives can be teachers and nurses and of course due to fitna,should the couple do hijrah...to a land where a wife can be at home and husbands work is enough to survive..

We see so many instances sisters say men dont do their job properly and they are forced to work
    Assalamu alaykom

I'd say , if you can make hijra and it makes sense in your circumstance , then do it. There is a huge benefit in this way of living , for you , your wife and your children.

I think it's incorrect to say men are not doing their job correctly but I can see why they would say that. It's not necessarily men though , its the societies we live. Working is not enough. It needs to be a good job. Minimum wage is only enough money for you. Unless you marry a sister who is doing tasbih / Quran all day and prefers no furnifure ( I'm not sure if they exist )

Modern society in the west expects women to work. The whole economy is shaped by this reality. Imagine if women were prohibited from working in the west. Men could only work , and they also have to provide for their families. I assure you , that would entail a completely different economic reality.

Where I live university loans are Haram - though the majority engage and promote their engaging. But one could still work skill trade jobs and make a decent wage. I think that is one way to avoid ribaa , and make enough money to provide in a major city.

Hm

Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9199 Post(s)

My apologies for being a bit ignorant on your European culture, but when you say "bread", are you referring to something like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguette

Or this:

http://cookdiary.net/wp-content/uplo...Bread_2532.jpg

Eaten plain (no butter, jam, peanut-butter, etc.) ? If yes, isn't that very dry to eat?
    The baguette is what we would have on weekends

We dont eat it dry we have stuff like this on the table

https://goo.gl/images/hMBdu1
    https://goo.gl/images/nNtiQw

And yea sliced bread during the week but we have better bread then the supermarket bread lol

https://goo.gl/images/mxYT9g

And jam, nutella and cookie spread is more of a thing for breakfast

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Odan
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

Making soup or bigger rice dish etc. , which you eat twice, In sha'Allah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Not all ,but generaly accepted women have to work to support high living costs.
    These are often by choice...

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Hijra to where?

There is no Caliphate or Islamic State to migrate to.
    thank you!
    exactly what I was going to ask

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor View Post
    These are often by choice...
    Some u cant control like rent basic lifestyle choices

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Assalamu alaykom

I'd say , if you can make hijra and it makes sense in your circumstance , then do it. There is a huge benefit in this way of living , for you , your wife and your children.

I think it's incorrect to say men are not doing their job correctly but I can see why they would say that. It's not necessarily men though , its the societies we live. Working is not enough. It needs to be a good job. Minimum wage is only enough money for you. Unless you marry a sister who is doing tasbih / Quran all day and prefers no furnifure ( I'm not sure if they exist )

Modern society in the west expects women to work. The whole economy is shaped by this reality. Imagine if women were prohibited from working in the west. Men could only work , and they also have to provide for their families. I assure you , that would entail a completely different economic reality.

Where I live university loans are Haram - though the majority engage and promote their engaging. But one could still work skill trade jobs and make a decent wage. I think that is one way to avoid ribaa , and make enough money to provide in a major city.

Hm
    True ,but you need to have people who share simalar views to survive in an area like this

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post

See can you blame a guy then ..

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Some u cant control like rent basic lifestyle choices
    paying no... where you live and what is costs to live there... yes

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)

Hijra is compulsory on every muslim anyway

Allah SWT says:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَوَفّٰىهُمُ الْمَلٰٓئِكَةُ ظَالِمِىٓ أَنْفُسِهِمْ قَالُوا فِيمَ كُنْتُمْ ۖ قَالُوا كُنَّا مُسْتَضْعَفِينَ فِى الْأَرْضِ ۚ قَالُوٓا أَلَمْ تَكُنْ أَرْضُ اللَّهِ وٰسِعَةً فَتُهَاجِرُوا فِيهَا ۚ فَأُولٰٓئِكَ مَأْوٰىهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ ۖ وَسَآءَتْ مَصِيرًا
    "Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, In what [condition] were you? They will say, We were oppressed in the land. The angels will say, Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein? For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination."
    (QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 97)

Its a requirment for muslims to move from a land of kufr to a land of Islam

And to the people that say there is no land of Islam

The prophet said hijra will never end until repentence ends and repentence will not end until the sun rises from the west to the east

(Sign of judgment day being close at that time)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Allah SWT says:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَوَفّٰىهُمُ الْمَلٰٓئِكَةُ ظَالِمِىٓ أَنْفُسِهِمْ قَالُوا فِيمَ كُنْتُمْ ۖ قَالُوا كُنَّا مُسْتَضْعَفِينَ فِى الْأَرْضِ ۚ قَالُوٓا أَلَمْ تَكُنْ أَرْضُ اللَّهِ وٰسِعَةً فَتُهَاجِرُوا فِيهَا ۚ فَأُولٰٓئِكَ مَأْوٰىهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ ۖ وَسَآءَتْ مَصِيرًا
    "Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, In what [condition] were you? They will say, We were oppressed in the land. The angels will say, Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein? For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination."

The prophet said hijra will never end until repentence ends and repentence will not end until the sun rises from the west to the east

So what is this land of Islam where you won't get oppressed as the angels aren't asking about Did you live in a muslim country they're asking you why you didn't emigrate.

Hard to find a muslim country that average people(ie not filthy rich) can immigrate to and not be oppressed.

The fact that muslims are being oppressed in muslim lands is THE major reasons that millions are leaving and millions more are hoping to leave soon.

In an ideal world all muslims would live in under just rulers in muslim lands but in the REAL world that situation doesn't exist in our time.

Furthermore the majority of muslim countries don't allow immigration except if your rich or arab,even then some don't allow it.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Allah SWT says:

what does this sentence mean ?
    Hijra can be made to a better muslim area right ?

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Assalamu alaykom

Hm
    yep good point

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)

what does this sentence mean ?
    Hijra can be made to a better muslim area right ?
    Yes but if theres a land that practises sharia fully and is guarded by muslims that counts as darul islam and hijra should then be made there
    Eg from abasynia muslims went to medina
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 28-10-17 at 07:13 PM.