Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Asalamalaycoum Hello I am wondering what the verse 25:53 means and need the specifics and am kind of confused about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Re: Question

You can find the Tafsir of any verses of the Holy Qur'an from Qtafsir.com.. as for the tafsir of the 53rd verse of Surah Al-Furqan(Chapter 25) I searched on Qtafsir.com and found :

﴿وَهُوَ الَّذِى مَرَجَ الْبَحْرَيْنِ هَـذَا عَذْبٌ فُرَاتٌ وَهَـذَا مِلْحٌ أُجَاجٌ﴾

(And it is He Who has let free the two seas, this is palatable and sweet, and that is salty and bitter means, He has created the two kinds of water, sweet and salty. The sweet water is like that in rivers, springs and wells, which is fresh, sweet, palatable water. This was the view of Ibn Jurayj and of Ibn Jarir, and this is the meaning without a doubt, for nowhere in creation is there a sea which is fresh and sweet. Allah has told us about reality so that His servants may realize His blessings to them and give thanks to Him. The sweet water is that which flows amidst people. Allah has portioned it out among His creatures according to their needs; rivers and springs in every land, according to what they need for themselves and their lands.

﴿وَهَـذَا مِلْحٌ أُجَاجٌ﴾

(and that is salty and bitter meaning that it is salty, bitter and not easy to swallow. This is like the seas that are known in the east and the west, the Atlantic Ocean and the Straits that lead to it, the Red Sea, the Arabian Sea, the Persian Gulf, the China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and so on, all the seas that are stable and do not flow, but they swell and surge in the winter and when the winds are strong, and they have tides that ebb and flow. At the beginning of each month the tides ebb and flood, and when the month starts to wane they retreat until they go back to where they started. When the crescent of the following month appears, the tide begins to ebb again until the fourteenth of the month, then it decreases. Allah, may He be glorified, the One Whose power is absolute, has set these laws in motion, so all of these seas are stationary, and He has made their water salty lest the air turn putrid because of them and the whole earth turn rotten as a result, and lest the earth spoil because of the animals dying on it. Because its water is salty, its air is healthy and its dead are good (to eat), hence when the Messenger of Allah was asked whether sea water can be used for Wudu', he said:

«هُوَ الطَّهُورُ مَاؤُهُ، الْحِلُّ مَيْتَتُه»

(Its water is pure and its dead are lawful.) This was recorded by Malik, Ash-Shafi`i and Ahmad, and by the scholars of Sunan with a good ﴿Jayyid﴾ chain of narration.

﴿وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَهُمَا بَرْزَخاً وَحِجْراً﴾

(and He has set a barrier and a complete partition between them. ) meaning, between the sweet water and the saltwater.

﴿بَرْزَخاً﴾

(a barrier) means a partition, which is dry land.

﴿وَحِجْراً مَّحْجُوراً﴾

(and a complete partition) means, a barrier, to prevent one of them from reaching the other. This is like the Ayat:

﴿مَرَجَ الْبَحْرَيْنِ يَلْتَقِيَانِ - بَيْنَهُمَا بَرْزَخٌ لاَّ يَبْغِيَانِ فَبِأَىِّ ءَالاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ ﴾

(He has let loose the two seas meeting together. Between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress. Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you both deny) (55:19-21)

﴿أَمَّن جَعَلَ الاٌّرْضَ قَرَاراً وَجَعَلَ خِلاَلَهَآ أَنْهَاراً وَجَعَلَ لَهَا رَوَاسِىَ وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَ الْبَحْرَيْنِ حَاجِزاً أَءِلـهٌ مَّعَ اللهِ بَلْ أَكْثَرُهُمْ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ ﴾

(Is not He Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and placed firm mountains therein, and set a barrier between the two seas Is there any god with Allah Nay, but most of them know not!) (27:61)

Source: http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2389&Itemid=80
    Last edited by Merch for Muslims; 27-09-17 at 07:08 PM.
    Allah, Blessed is He and Most High, said: "O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky, then you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you, and I would not mind."
    Jami'at Tirmidhi #3540

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Re: Question

@Merch for Muslims

You are correct with the tafsir which says the barrier between the two waters is land, as understood in their respective ages like those people (in 620AD) understood and believed ONLY after the Glorious Quran told that all living creatures are made up of water ( 3 verses) so they thought ( as per the Intelligence that Allah gave them) that it was literal water (but still confused living in a desert when water comes last to their mind they would believed them to be the muthashabihath verses of the book 3:7 )BUT NOT ANY MORE since its just found in science that it refers to cytoplasm from which all living creatures are made up which is nothing but water more than 80 % , similar are words are skin buds, brain, clot of foetus etc etc

Beware of such Anti Islamists who have started to ask (twist) the claims of Muslims about their Scientific miracles of the Kalamullah , the Glorious Quran whose Miracles are for ever untill the last days of this world '' with its Multiple meanings UNDRSTOOD by the reader as per his capacity, intelligence and reasoning AND ALL ARE CORRECT. this the wonder of Allah 's words because its DECREED to stay for ever applicable on all times untill the last days . as proved in this video

(The audio have been silenced by some wicked muslim men citing copy rights (money i think or by kuffar accomplices) since they do not want us to hear the sounds that Allah says as tapper, and another word i forgot, EXACTLY the same as recorded by NASA see the video fully)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxArwQtC1AY

The audio have been silenced by some wicked muslim men since they do not want us to hear the sounds that Allah says as tapper, and another word i forgot EXACTLY as recorded by NASA see the video fully)

We cant interpret meanings of our own but use tafsir BUT ON THOSE words of Allah which tells us to PoNDER there is much left to be pondered as per the Allah's given knowledge and intelligence which Allah gives us as per the needs of their times, since Allah had made you the Khalifa or his representative on this Earth similar are verse on skin buds , clot of the foetus, brain etc etc

Do you think if a super power appoints a representative will; he not give or bestow their top technology or intelligence to them ?

That's how many has made a lot of developments (10,000 folds) in science which is a mercy of Allah on human beings
    Last edited by talibilm09; 28-09-17 at 01:15 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim