Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: feeling sad

kataptosi
    Guests

feeling sad

I don't want to give too many details but I had a career setback I was trying to avoid for a long time. Now I am very sad and devastated. I keep looking back trying to understand if I could have done something differently. Anyways I can't get over it and am having a hard time recovering from this. I want to pray for help but I have lost some energy and abandoned prayers. I have to stay strong to prevent it from happening again and there is a chance it could. I just want to know if there is something I can do islam wise to help me get back on my feet better than before. Thanks.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2103 Post(s)

Re: feeling sad

The first thing you should do is establish your prayers.

Never abandon prayers and the pillars of Islam.

Whatever the issue is, stay as close to Allah (swt) as you can by being dedicated to your deen. You have to have single-minded focus on serving Allah (swt) to be able to come through these tests.

Anything that the dunya offers you is shiny and attractive but it will not save you from the hellfire. So you will have heartache and pain here and heartache and pain after too.

Better to live this life as close to Allah (swt) as you can with prayers and good deeds, then cry out for mercy and forgiveness for the times you made a genuine mistake.

May Allah (swt) help you to remain on the straight path, show you ways through your tests and reward you with good.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Re: feeling sad

Quote Originally Posted by kataptosi View Post
    I don't want to give too many details but I had a career setback I was trying to avoid for a long time. Now I am very sad and devastated. I keep looking back trying to understand if I could have done something differently. Anyways I can't get over it and am having a hard time recovering from this. I want to pray for help but I have lost some energy and abandoned prayers. I have to stay strong to prevent it from happening again and there is a chance it could. I just want to know if there is something I can do islam wise to help me get back on my feet better than before. Thanks.

Follow up as the Sister has advised you. If we turn back to Allah , Allah also turn backs to us even if we were ungrateful or rebellious. Like Allah illuminates light from Darkness If Allah wills Allah can change your sorrow into comfort , Allah is All powerful on everything.

And read post # 71 here

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Wisdom/page2
    Last edited by talibilm09; 14-10-17 at 02:16 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim