Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    It is a normal phenomenon to raise dogs inside the house. Some peoples relation with their dog is so intimate that they kiss them. And even, sometimes the dog licks his/her owner.

    My question is - is touching, kissing and getting licked by Dog makes human Napak(impure)?
    Allah, Blessed is He and Most High, said: "O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky, then you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you, and I would not mind."
    Jami'at Tirmidhi #3540

  2. #2
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    It is not a normal phenomenon this is not alowed and yes this makes ones wudu invalid
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  3. #3

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    It is not a normal phenomenon this is not allowed and yes this makes ones wudu invalid
    It's disliked to keep a dog in the house in Islam but it's very normal among many kuffar.
    My Parents always kept dogs in the house and dogs are not the cleanest of creatures,most shed and some drool,etc.

    Evidence for the claim it invalidates wudu from kitab or sunnah?

  4. #4
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,550
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    779

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    this makes ones wudu invalid
    Eh?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  5. #5
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,550
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    779

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  6. #6
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Eh?
    If you touch a dog isnt your wudu broken?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  7. #7
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    It's disliked to keep a dog in the house in Islam but it's very normal among many kuffar.
    My Parents always kept dogs in the house and dogs are not the cleanest of creatures,most shed and some drool,etc.

    Evidence for the claim it invalidates wudu from kitab or sunnah?
    When did normal for kuffae become normal for muslums

    https://islamqa.info/en/13356
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  8. #8

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    When did normal for kuffae become normal for muslums

    https://islamqa.info/en/13356
    So many problems with that fatwa but what do I know,I'm just a guy.
    Some people bring forth the customs of the bedouins and some bring forth evidences from kitab and sunnah

    Muslims have ALWAYS kept dogs.

    https://sunnah.com/bukhari/97/26

    https://sunnah.com/muslim/34

    https://sunnah.com/muslim/34/3

    https://sunnah.com/muslim/2/119

    and just to show that muslims kept dogs even before the time of Our Beloved Nabi Sallahu alayhi wasalam

    Surah Al-Khaf
    SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
    They will say there were three, the fourth of them being their dog; and they will say there were five, the sixth of them being their dog - guessing at the unseen; and they will say there were seven, and the eighth of them was their dog. Say, [O Muhammad], "My Lord is most knowing of their number. None knows them except a few. So do not argue about them except with an obvious argument and do not inquire about them among [the speculators] from anyone."

    And Allah awj knows best.
    Last edited by Samsandman; 25-09-17 at 04:46 AM.

  9. #9
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,550
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    779

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    If you touch a dog isnt your wudu broken?
    No.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  10. #10
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    No.
    So dogs are like cats theyre clean animals and the people that tongue kiss their dogs are not gross?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  11. #11
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,394
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6639 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    584

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    So dogs are like cats theyre clean animals and the people that tongue kiss their dogs are not gross?
    That's disgusting, full and stop.

  12. #12
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    That's disgusting, full and stop.
    Hey a lot of people do that
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  13. #13
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,394
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6639 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    584

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Hey a lot of people do that
    For real.

  14. #14
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    For real.
    Yes
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  15. #15
    Odan talibilm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,784
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?



    Angels do not enter a house where dog is present and other details are clear cut in the above fatwa. Some told the safer part (from najis) will be the touching of the dog's forehead where chances are low to be wet other than this not to touch any other part as dogs licks themselves. But better be safe by avoiding 100 %. If your cloths comes in contact with wetness of dogs body better change them before salah, or wash it seven times and use soap if you do not find soil.
    My sect - No Sect

    My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

    Just a Muslim

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post


    Angels do not enter a house where dog is present and other details are clear cut in the above fatwa. Some told the safer part (from najis) will be the touching of the dog's forehead where chances are low to be wet other than this not to touch any other part as dogs licks themselves. But better be safe by avoiding 100 %. If your cloths comes in contact with wetness of dogs body better change them before salah, or wash it seven times and use soap if you do not find soil.
    وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

    I always try to ignore them but what if a dog or puppy is in a bad condition and need help?
    I can remember two incidents, one is about a prostitute who gave water to a thirsty dog and entered into Jannah for that reason and another one is about a woman who locked a cat and the cat died of hunger, fot that reason she entered into Jahannam.

    Allah, Blessed is He and Most High, said: "O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky, then you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you, and I would not mind."
    Jami'at Tirmidhi #3540

  17. #17
    Odan talibilm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,784
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merch for Muslims View Post
    وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

    I always try to ignore them but what if a dog or puppy is in a bad condition and need help?
    I can remember two incidents, one is about a prostitute who gave water to a thirsty dog and entered into Jannah for that reason and another one is about a woman who locked a cat and the cat died of hunger, fot that reason she entered into Jahannam.

    Yes , thats a matter of concern since we have to mercy on it . Because Allah shows mercy on those who have heart of mercy on his creations, but should be within the allowed limits imo
    My sect - No Sect

    My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

    Just a Muslim

  18. #18

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    So dogs are like cats theyre clean animals and the people that tongue kiss their dogs are not gross?
    everything is clean by default until proven otherwise just like everything is halal by default until proven otherwise.

  19. #19

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    Yes , thats a matter of concern since we have to mercy on it . Because Allah shows mercy on those who have heart of mercy on his creations, but should be within the allowed limits imo
    I was walking with an older uncle from the masjid one say and a lady approached on the sidewalk with two small dogs (under 20lbs and under a foot at the shoulders) and when the lady got close one of the dogs went to sniff the uncle and his reaction was to run up on the lawn of the house were passing like a frightened little child,It was incredibly embarrassing for me as it was clear these were trained,friendly dogs that presented to threat to anyone whatsoever.

    It was a shocking act of complete cowardous that I am unused to seeing from a grown man. had the dog been anything you couldn't have easily punted like football or aggressive or even intimidating looking I can see that reaction but these were small friendly pet dogs.

    It was clear example of how cultural backwardness robs a an of his courage and dignity.

    People who are around dogs learn the noble traits that dogs have,loyalty,bravery,fidelity,courage,steadfastnes s and strength.
    People who are around ignorant bedouins learn from their traits as well,treachery,cowardous .disloyalty and weakness are nothing a muslim should have in his personality.

    Follow Islam,not ignorance

  20. #20
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    everything is clean by default until proven otherwise just like everything is halal by default until proven otherwise.
    It has been proven
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  21. #21
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,249
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    It is not a normal phenomenon this is not alowed and yes this makes ones wudu invalid
    Please sister provide evidence for your claim.

    The things that invalidate wudoo’ are clearly defined and touching something najis is not one of them (of course the impurity must be washed before praying).

    Touching dogs and their saliva does not nullify wudoo’
    https://islamqa.info/en/5212

    The things that break wudoo’ are:

    1 – Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

    2 – Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus.

    3 – Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.

    4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.” (narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh).

    5 – Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Hayd, 539).
    https://islamqa.info/en/14321

  22. #22
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_08 View Post
    Please sister provide evidence for your claim.

    The things that invalidate wudoo’ are clearly defined and touching something najis is not one of them (of course the impurity must be washed before praying).

    Touching dogs and their saliva does not nullify wudoo’
    https://islamqa.info/en/5212

    The things that break wudoo’ are:

    1 – Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

    2 – Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus.

    3 – Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.

    4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.” (narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh).

    5 – Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Hayd, 539).
    https://islamqa.info/en/14321
    Then what about post 7?

    And @Linkdeutscher just plz reply, i mean im trying to learn, not bc u got the knowledge that u should keep it for yourself
    Last edited by aynina; 25-09-17 at 03:45 PM.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  23. #23
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,550
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    779

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Then what about post 7?

    And @Linkdeutscher just plz reply, i mean im trying to learn, not bc u got the knowledge that u should keep it for yourself
    Son, touching impure things doesn't break your wudhu. Whether dogs are impure or not plays no role because even if they are touching them won't break your wudhu. At best you should just wash the area of contact.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  24. #24
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Son, touching impure things doesn't break your wudhu. Whether dogs are impure or not plays no role because even if they are touching them won't break your wudhu. At best you should just wash the area of contact.
    Okay something comes to mind and idk how to formulate without being given warning pounts or anything but anyhow if i shy away from asking i will never know.

    If one touches someones private parts his wudu is not broken either?

    And excuse me gor earlier i was upset
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  25. #25
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,394
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6639 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    584

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Okay something comes to mind and idk how to formulate without being given warning pounts or anything but anyhow if i shy away from asking i will never know.

    If one touches someones private parts his wudu is not broken either?

    And excuse me gor earlier i was upset
    https://islamqa.info/en/99468

  26. #26
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Im embarrassed
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  27. #27
    😈 Al-Wahhābī 😈 Linkdeutscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    22,550
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    779

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Okay something comes to mind and idk how to formulate without being given warning pounts or anything but anyhow if i shy away from asking i will never know.

    If one touches someones private parts his wudu is not broken either?

    And excuse me gor earlier i was upset
    It's an issue of dispute, safer to redo.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

    You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

  28. #28
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    13,394
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6639 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    584

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Im embarrassed
    What you embarrassed about? It's in my google search history

  29. #29
    اصبر aynina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,301
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    602

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    What you embarrassed about? It's in my google search history
    That i dont know
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

  30. #30
    Odan talibilm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,784
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    I was walking with an older uncle from the masjid one say and a lady approached on the sidewalk with two small dogs (under 20lbs and under a foot at the shoulders) and when the lady got close one of the dogs went to sniff the uncle and his reaction was to run up on the lawn of the house were passing like a frightened little child,It was incredibly embarrassing for me as it was clear these were trained,friendly dogs that presented to threat to anyone whatsoever.

    It was a shocking act of complete cowardous that I am unused to seeing from a grown man. had the dog been anything you couldn't have easily punted like football or aggressive or even intimidating looking I can see that reaction but these were small friendly pet dogs.

    It was clear example of how cultural backwardness robs a an of his courage and dignity.
    Uncle has over reacted and might be its a phobia as some are afraid of some particular insects that gives the onlooker a funny look. I do move away or chase away when friendly dogs comes near us to sniff yelling shh. . Muslims would understand that this is an act to keep clean cloths for the next salah and its a dawah in its way when people will ask why this guy was frightened and the uncle will only say '' i was not frightened by the dog but its saliva where islam says to wash for seven times.'' There were research on it a few decades ago and it was proved that rabies or microbes from its saliva wont go away that easily untill washed away for 7 times.


    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    People who are around dogs learn the noble traits that dogs have,loyalty,bravery,fidelity,courage,steadfastnes s and strength.
    People who are around ignorant bedouins learn from their traits as well,treachery,cowardous .disloyalty and weakness are nothing a muslim should have in his personality.

    Follow Islam,not ignorance
    I ve seen very bad people who own dogs and even good , that's immaterial . But imo its just a test for Muslims from Allah do we obey our whims n fancies n likes ( I know dogs are friendly) or we obey Allah and his Nabi But we have to thank Allah that still we can use dogs for hunting , out of the house for guarding purpose and the hadith about a bad women feeding a thirsty dog and entering jannah. So moderation is important as hadith spoke about it too.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 26-09-17 at 07:46 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

    My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

    Just a Muslim

  31. #31

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Firstly nobody eats off of their clothes and the hadith you are referencing says nothing about dog saliva on clothes,actually no hadith I can find says anything about dog saliva on cloths.

    the hadith mentions vessels and we can infer from the information given that the intent is prevent the transmission of disease from dogs to humans specifically rabies. Before the advent of vaccines and a treatment for rabies being bitten by a rabid dog or any animal was a slow and gruesome guaranteed death such is the case in many parts of the world still which have low vaccination rates and poor health care systems,India comes to mind.

    (I would like to add that washing seven times and once with earth is also an effective prevention of parasitic worms and bacteria that may be in a dogs salivas so we should not abandon this sunnah even in the west where inoculation for rabies is universially mandatory)

    The sunnah of washing seven times and once with dry earth absolutely is a good and effective way to prevent rabies infection from a vessel licked by a rabid dog I have no doubts about that but the likelihood of a dog licking your clothes and you then licking your clothes is slim to none,no sane person is in the habit of licking their clothes.

    Being frightened of dog saliva is not a reasonable or logical condition. If Uncle were to tell that lady he was frightened of dog saliva she would think him crazy and then there is no real opportunity from dawah when your running from someone and they think your crazy. It would have portrayed Islam and muslim in a bad light to use that excuse.

    since your of the kind who like research look into the loads of research about the correlation between the relationship with animals and how that effects people relationship with each other specifically those that involve children. It's often been said that cruelty towards animals is a sign of psychopathy and an indicator of as serial killer.

    the opportunities for dawah evaporate when kuffar see muslims as ignorant,crazy and backwards and that is exactly how the kuffar see muslims when the act like that uncle did in public.

    There are lots of kuffar dog owners in my neighborhood and I try to friendly with them and their dogs as a good neighbor. The overwhelming majority of dog owners around me are conscientious about others and take the time to well socialize and train their dogs.
    I will take the opportunity to pet any friendly dog I encounter even if I am all dress up for Jumma in my thobe and kufi.

    owning and working with animals teaches good character as well that is why we are told that all of the anbiya were shepherds thats a fact from our religion you can't deny.

    furthermore My mother who is a kafirah now lives alone as me and my brother are grown so I insist that she owns a dog for here protection as she lives in rough neighborhood that has many new immigrants,some muslim,some not. As a general rule most third world immigrants are terrified of dogs so I sleep very well knowing she is safe as seeing her 150lbs dog laying on the lawn they literally cross the street to avoid her house and it brings my Mom immense peace of mind to have a dog around. She can go anywhere at any time and feel safe as that dog will literally fight to the death to protect her.

    Her old dog that I appointed as her guardian dog(Wali-dog) died so I went this summer to search out a new one and was succesful in finding a fine RottweilerXGreat Pyrenese puppy that is well bred and suited to the job.She paid for the dog not me just in case your wondering.

    Many of those same immigrants come from cultures where there is zero respect for women whether they are muslim,sikh,hindu etc. and will rape,rob and victimize a lone woman. My Mom has no issues whatsoever as they may try to take advantage of a lone,frail old woman but give a very wide birth to my Mom as everyone in that neighbor knows she owns a huge,fiercelyloyal and protective dog.

    Dog ownership is I believe a good answer to the many Muslimaat that have no wali and are fearful of going out due to harassment and possible attack. No man in his right mind(or drunk or high) will mess with a woman with a well trained dog. If he does the punishment of being ravage by a dog i will be quickly metted out.

    Being attacked by an predatory animal instills a fear that guns,knives and tasers don't. It's raw,primitive fear that does not discriminate towards culture and upbringing, Everyone,everywhere is afraid of an aggressive animals but only fearful,mal adjusted cowards are afraid of friendly,well disciplined animals.

    Dogs have the amazing ability to judge character and my Dad has a saying"If the dog doesn't like you, I don't like you" which I have notice holds true,dogs don't like dodgy,shady people as they can pick up on subtle body language and pheromones that humans can't

    Responsible dog (and animals in general) ownership bring many benefits to individuals and communities. Those benefits far outweigh any harms or drawbacks and our beloved Prophet sallahu alayhi wasalam recognized that fact hence we have an exception to owning dogs that provide benefit.

    I am totally and 100% against "pet" ownership as it serves no purpose and it is a drain on resources whether it be cats,dogs,gerbils,snakes or hamsters.
    Allah awj gave us dominion over animals for a purpose and reason. It's an amanah we should be willing and eager to uphold as muslims.

    How can anyone receive the ajr of being kind and merciful to animals when they are never around them or avoid them with fear? Never underestimate that ajr as this hadith illustrates

    Narrated Abu Huraira:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "While a dog was going round a well and was about to die of thirst, an Israeli prostitute saw it and took off her shoe and watered it. So Allah forgave her because of that good deed."

    Not only was Allah awj willing to forgive someone who had incurred his wrath(a jew) but she was a prostitute as well!
    We all know that Jannah lies at a mothers feet and that Jannah lies at a husnabds feet but in this case it was found at the mouth of a dog.

    Reflect on this hadith for a bit next time you see a dog.

  32. #32
    Odan ZeeshanParvez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,324
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2744 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    330

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    Firstly nobody eats off of their clothes and the hadith you are referencing says nothing about dog saliva on clothes,actually no hadith I can find says anything about dog saliva on cloths.

    the hadith mentions vessels and we can infer from the information given that the intent is prevent the transmission of disease from dogs to humans specifically rabies. Before the advent of vaccines and a treatment for rabies being bitten by a rabid dog or any animal was a slow and gruesome guaranteed death such is the case in many parts of the world still which have low vaccination rates and poor health care systems,India comes to mind.
    The scholars refrain from inserting hikmah into Qur'aanic Verses and the Sunnah unless they have evidence.

    What is your evidence that the reason you outline is why one was told to wash utensils licked by dogs.

    As a matter of fact your reasoning here seems very weak because we have not been ordered to wash utensils licked by cats.

    Cat scratch fever, also called cat scratch disease (CSD), is a bacterial infection. The disease gets its name because people contract it from cats infected with Bartonella henselae bacteria, one of the most common bacteria in the world

    If what you say was the case the same rule would hold for cats as well.

    Second, I think your knowledge on rabies is limited. Rabies can also be spread from an infected cat.

  33. #33

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Schholars also don't speak out against the tyrranical regimes that murder and oppress muslims but thats a separate issue.
    Scholars are not infallible and some of the ones I've encountered are shockingly ignorant of real world problems and issues.

    Cats can and do get rabies,quite often actually,but rabies infected cats tend to bug out,go feral till they die and tend not come around people after infection whereas dogs will stay around people and more often transmit rabies to humans and other animals through bites.
    India is a good case study of rabies in modern times and most of the infections are due to dogs even though cats are more common.
    see link
    http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/87/12/09-021209/en/

    you can see that they don't even bother with stray cats as the transmission rate is so low.

    Common sense and medical evidence of rabies and the transmission of rabies is the evidence.
    there are no vaccination campaigns anywhere that i know of that target bartonella as it's not a cause for concern,lots of people have bartonella and live happy,productive lives,not so with rabies.

    Bartonella is not fatal whereas rabies is fatal and nearly 100% so and it's a horrible death.

    Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
    Dawud ibn Salih ibn Dinar at-Tammar quoted his mother as saying that her mistress sent her with some pudding (harisah) to Aisha who was offering prayer. She made a sign to me to place it down. A cat came and ate some of it, but when Aisha finished her prayer, she ate from the place where the cat had eaten. She stated: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: It is not unclean: it is one of those who go round among you. She added: I saw the Messenger of Allah (sallahu alayhi wasalam) performing ablution from the water left over by the cat.

    Sunan Abi Dawud
    graded sahih

    in fairness there is a sahih hadith which indicates that a vessel a cat drinks from should be washed once but the weight of evidence indicates that this is not obligatory.

    wild cats and free roaming cats don't have the high prevelance of this bacteria,it's domesticated indoor cats cats who use litter boxes that are prone to this as they are in regular contact with their own feces.
    Letting cats roam free is also advised by hadith

    The Prophet (sallahu alayhi wasalam) said, "A woman entered the (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth. "

    Letting cats roam free as per hadith is preferable as it cuts down on the spread of this bacteria as they cats are not forced to walk in their own feces on a regular basis.

    The Prophet (sallahu alayhi wasalam) said, "A woman entered the (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth. "

    Knowing hadith is good but combined with real world knowledge of animals,people and their habits is much more useful.

  34. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merch for Muslims View Post
    It is a normal phenomenon to raise dogs inside the house. Some peoples relation with their dog is so intimate that they kiss them. And even, sometimes the dog licks his/her owner.

    My question is - is touching, kissing and getting licked by Dog makes human Napak(impure)?
    No it’s not normal to have a dog inside your house and let slobber all over you. I own a dog myself because I love them and the companionship they bring. I let him in the house to sit in the main hallway by the front door for maybe 30minutes out of the entire day otherwise he stays in the backyard or in the garage where he has his own couch. Touching a dog does not invalidate your wudu but anything with their spit will. My family keeps the dog out of the house during salah times because our dog weighs 120lbs and will make you pet him.

  35. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by R1rider View Post
    No it’s not normal to have a dog inside your house and let slobber all over you. I own a dog myself because I love them and the companionship they bring. I let him in the house to sit in the main hallway by the front door for maybe 30minutes out of the entire day otherwise he stays in the backyard or in the garage where he has his own couch. Touching a dog does not invalidate your wudu but anything with their spit will. My family keeps the dog out of the house during salah times because our dog weighs 120lbs and will make you pet him.
    In my country, it is a normal phenomenon. Though over 94% of the total population of my country is Muslim, most of them are non-practicing. Those non-practicing Muslims keeps dog inside their house and do stuffs with their dog which i mentioned earlier. May Allah guide us all
    Allah, Blessed is He and Most High, said: "O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky, then you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you, and I would not mind."
    Jami'at Tirmidhi #3540

  36. #36
    Odan talibilm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,784
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    Firstly nobody eats off of their clothes and the hadith you are referencing says nothing about dog saliva on clothes,actually no hadith I can find says anything about dog saliva on cloths..
    Yes you are correct there's no hadiths AFAIK until now with dog saliva on cloths and there need not be one for it because Any Najis on cloths make it impure and praying with such dress will invalidate the salah as cleanliness of body, cloth or dress , place all come under the fard requirements of a valid Salah .

    Najis could be classified the major , intermediary, and the lesser ones and Dog's Saliva will in the top IMO and the size of any najis stained is another matter, which needs purification. like is it a coin size, or bigger etc etc

    All the scientific facts we talk about could be mostly correct but they keep changing or could change (fallible) like in the matter of Cholesterol etc etc which were believed for centuries and decades. So in the matter of such things we better stick to the Glorious Quran , hadith, Sahabas, tabieins and tabe tabieens and fiqh . as bro @ ZeeshanParvez says

    But I have seen many bad news from dogs like eating away his own Master , owner and endangering even the one feeds him daily with my own eyes,.which were never seen in cats and I saw nice video when a cat chases away a dog which bites his owner's kid.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 27-09-17 at 01:42 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

    My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

    Just a Muslim

  37. #37

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    so you base your opinion on what in this matter? culture? as you admitted you don't use kitab and sunnah

    Who classifies dog saliva on cloths as najaasa? is this particular to certain madhab?

    Yes occasionally dogs do bite the hand that feeds them but I have yet to meet a bad dog and lots of bad dog owners. Some people take inspiration from the noble qualities of dogs and some people are just scumming no mater what,that's life.

    here is an interesting website to judge which is the more valuable animal to man. it's a hall of fame website from animal food company about animals that save lives,you can see that it is overwhelmingly dogs that do this,yes cats do save live occasionally but the cat has never been reffered to as man's best friend for a reason.

    https://www.purinahalloffame.ca/

  38. #38

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    never mind,I figured it out,your a hanafi,that's explains a lot.

  39. #39
    Odan talibilm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,784
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Is touching, kissing and getting licked by dog makes human Napak(impure)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    so you base your opinion on what in this matter? culture? as you admitted you don't use kitab and sunnah

    Who classifies dog saliva on cloths as najaasa? is this particular to certain madhab?

    Yes occasionally dogs do bite the hand that feeds them but I have yet to meet a bad dog and lots of bad dog owners. Some people take inspiration from the noble qualities of dogs and some people are just scumming no mater what,that's life.

    here is an interesting website to judge which is the more valuable animal to man. it's a hall of fame website from animal food company about animals that save lives,you can see that it is overwhelmingly dogs that do this,yes cats do save live occasionally but the cat has never been reffered to as man's best friend for a reason.

    https://www.purinahalloffame.ca/
    lol, this is going into a territory of unneeded debate and you are lying here that i do not use Quran and sunnah

    my quote above in post # 36

    Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    . So in the matter of such things we better stick to the Glorious Quran , hadith, Sahabas, tabieins and tabe tabieens and fiqh
    or are you look too ingnorant to understand my words of Quran and hadith also means (infers) sunnah as well which is the basic to be a Muslim. If , I hope its clear now to you. but for matters which we are not very clear cut you refer to next step.as i mentioned it in order . I am telling from the fiqh of hanafi i've been following from my teens and was in company of scholars to whom i had asked these questions even shafi .If you do understand what is clean and unclean. if you do not follow its upto you and beware you will get the sins of those you misguide

    The Dog belongs to my very close relative who keeps for guarding his goods and rds his Mother who feeds it reported to me DIRECTLY '' that all of a sudden it came and bit me.'' .and showed her stitches on her upper hand
    Last edited by talibilm09; 27-09-17 at 07:07 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

    My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

    Just a Muslim

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop