Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

First visit to Iran, difficulty finding Sunni Mosques for Friday prayers.

My wife and I will be travelling to Iran for 16days, leaving on 30Sep, I am frantically searching the web for Sunni Mosques in Tehran and Isfahan and I am having difficulty locating one.

My question.. and I hope someone with knowledge can tell me if I couldn't find a Sunni Mosque and forced to pray Friday Congregation in a Shia Mosque, my worry is will I stand out from the normal Shia congregation? will I be considered trying to make trouble? does Shia prays similarly as Sunni or totally different? well, I know they place the arms by their hips but that is all I know.

Advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Re: First visit to Iran, difficulty finding Sunni Mosques for Friday prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkifli View Post
    My wife and I will be travelling to Iran for 16days, leaving on 30Sep, I am frantically searching the web for Sunni Mosques in Tehran and Isfahan and I am having difficulty locating one.

My question.. and I hope someone with knowledge can tell me if I couldn't find a Sunni Mosque and forced to pray Friday Congregation in a Shia Mosque, my worry is will I stand out from the normal Shia congregation? will I be considered trying to make trouble? does Shia prays similarly as Sunni or totally different? well, I know they place the arms by their hips but that is all I know.

Don't pray with them. They insult the companions and one of the mother of believers.

If you can't find a Sunni Masjid, hey, you tried. However, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Now that's a problem. Waiting here to see answers from others as well.
    I think there are sunni mosques , but the travel is quite a distant I guess?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)

I searched a bit as I have known there is a mosque in Tehran called "Sadeghieh" that Sunnies pray their Friday prayers there. Also you can go to the office of """ the representative of the leader """ in every city and ask whether any Sunni Friday prayer is held there or not.

Moreover I think Friday prayer is not obligatory considering that you are on a trip, anyhow I am not aware of the fiqh of Sunnies, I am just saying.

I hope you enjoy your trip.
    Last edited by ALAS; 24-09-17 at 03:31 PM.
    Note: I am a shia.

Insert clever title here Foodadad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

Better to pray yourself than with shias.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Can you even pray any prayer behind a Shi'ite? Some of them rank Ali (RA) as "close to or at the level of God" (naudhu'billah).

Also, can you tell us why you are visiting this country?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    928 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    Can you even pray any prayer behind a Shi'ite? Some of them rank Ali (RA) as "close to or at the level of God" (naudhu'billah).

No u cant pray behind a shiite they are kaafir if they are making dua to Ali
    Not to mention cursing sahaba and saying quran is altered and the shirk that comes out their mouth regarding ahlil bayt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ALAS View Post
    I searched a bit as I have known there is a mosque in Tehran called "Sadeghieh" that Sunnies pray their Friday prayers there. Also you can go to the office of """ the representative of the leader """ in every city and ask whether any Sunni Friday prayer is held there or not.

Moreover I think Friday prayer is not obligatory considering that you are on a trip, anyhow I am not aware of the fiqh of Sunnies, I am just saying.

I hope you enjoy your trip.
    Thank you the information, I found a website when I searched on "Sadeghieh Mosque", and upon further reading showed me the following list:
    1- Sadeghiyeh mosque, located in the Second Square Sadeghiyeh
    2- TehranPars Mosque, Located in Dellavaran St
    3- Shahre Qods mosque,located 20 km Karaj old road
    4- Khalij-e-Fars(Persian Gulf)mosque, located
    5- Al Naby mosque, located in the Town of Danesh
    6- Haft’joub mosque, located in Malard
    7- Vahidiyeh mosque, located in Shahriyar
    8- Nasim Shahr mosque, located in Akbar Abad
    9- Razi Abad mosque, located in Se’rah Shahriyar

I hope I can find the above listed Mosques as they are literally Houses or Apartments made into Mosques from what I read, alot of contradictory information also on the web, I was a bit surprise that there is no dedicated Mosque for Sunnis instead they are converted homes.

One good point you made is that as a Traveller Friday Jumaah is not obligatory on me, so I am planning to combined my Zohor and Asar if I cannot find the listed Mosques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post

Why I am visiting Iran? because I hear it is a beautiful country and nice people good food and there are Minority Sunni Muslims suffering and oppressed (I have to say, I only read online never really seen this for myself), I would like to visit them, see for myself and if I can find a suitable nice young lady for my son that would be good too. My son is picky though he wants a practicing Muslimah, wears a proper Jilbab not necessary a Niqab, speaks English and willing to move to our home country.

Anyway, I think I found he answers I am seeking, I shall stop here and hope the Admin can close this thread.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Why I am visiting Iran? because I hear it is a beautiful country and nice people good food and there are Minority Sunni Muslims suffering and oppressed (I have to say, I only read online never really seen this for myself), I would like to visit them, see for myself and if I can find a suitable nice young lady for my son that would be good too. My son is picky though he wants a practicing Muslimah, wears a proper Jilbab not necessary a Niqab, speaks English and willing to move to our home country.

Anyway, I think I found he answers I am seeking, I shall stop here and hope the Admin can close this thread.
    sorry to chime in her but "nice people" and shia are contradictory and why do you hate your son so much that you would want take him to a rafidah rat hole to find a wife?

your comments are suspect

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5064 Post(s)

Why would you want to go there in the first place?

Majority of the Shi'a are Kuffar with disgusting Beliefs and they claim they are Muslim,

There are multiple threads detailing these Kuffar and their filthy beliefs, on the forum, a search should bring them up.

If you have difficulty, let us know and we'll direct you

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Salam Aleykom

I am an ex shia from Iran and I am sad to inform you that there is no Sunni mosque in Tehran, the shia claim that there is over 30 but that is not true, the head of the Sunnis in Iran have protested many times to the Iranian government to allow them to build a Sunni mosque in Tehran. I was the list that some 1 posted, dont be bother with looking for those mosques becouse thay are originaly from a unocival iranian facebook page and i rather take information from the head of the sunnin in iran than a random facebook page. BUT the saudi, Indian and pakistani embassy is open for friday prayers in Tehran.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5064 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Shirazi View Post
    Salam Aleykom

I am an ex shia from Iran and I am sad to inform you that there is no Sunni mosque in Tehran, the shia claim that there is over 30 but that is not true, the head of the Sunnis in Iran have protested many times to the Iranian government to allow them to build a Sunni mosque in Tehran. I was the list that some 1 posted, dont be bother with looking for those mosques becouse thay are originaly from a unocival iranian facebook page and i rather take information from the head of the sunnin in iran than a random facebook page. BUT the saudi, Indian and pakistani embassy is open for friday prayers in Tehran.
    Was alaikum Salaam akhi,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1585 Post(s)

Why are you going to Iran, with your wife, no less? Vacation? Family? Business? Tourism?

Legally speaking, the land of Iran is Muslim land, as in ardul kharaj, but it is occupied by a kafir regime and sects of kufar aka Shia, as well as Zoroastrians. More than that, Iran is darul Harb- a land at war with Islam.

And this is well known- the Republic of Iran has openly stated its objective to alter Arabia to being Shii and to gain power and authority over the Muslim world.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Wanted to share the views of Iran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Abyaneh Village near Kashan.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Abyaneh Village near Kashan.

How was your trip to Iran? Nice landscapes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Actually I quite liked it, my wife so-so, she didn't want to go in the first place so I guess I wasn't surprised. I thought the people were very friendly, everywhere we went we got a lot of 'Hellos' and smiles from all walks in every cities. The food was nice for while, when you ate almost the same thing over and over again it gets a bit much after a while, I have to say their rice is much better than Basmati rice, I don't know what rice it is called very similar to Basmati it's thinner but seems much fluffier.

I quite like Shislik and Loqmeh, then Kubideh, didn't like the Chicken kebabs as they seems to serve chicken breast overtime, I much prefer the thighs and drumsticks more, I didn't like the vegetable dishes also. Met a lot of French, Belgians, Germans and quite a lot of Chinese, I think my timing was a bit off, the weather was not as cool as I thought it would be.

Overall, I'd say it was value for money and an eye opener in that sense.