Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,888
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    178

    Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    I want to cleanse myself of all negative things in me. I dont want to jump on the evil eye, jinn bandwagon without knowing anything but I do feel spiritually low especially when listening to the Quran its hard to do so. So where is a good place to start? Its kind of a catch 22
    @LailaTheMuslim @ZeeshanParvez your inputs would be appreciated
    Last edited by hadmatter; 21-09-17 at 08:05 PM.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    An easy way to cleanse your heart is by listening to the Qur'an daily. You can read the tafsir simultaneously and it will have an even bigger impact on you when you understand what's being recited.

  3. #3
    Heavensward Al-Mualim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    673

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?


    Don't forget the negative physiological aspects of your life.

    • Make sure to eat and drink clean (no or reduced junk food/beverages). Consume more foods recommended by the Sunnah e.g. Honey, dates, black seeds.
    • Sleep well and try to be more physically active. Light stretches/brisk walking will suffice but it will be better if you have some form of an exercise routine.
    • Stop/Avoid or cut down on social media, music, mainstream media or dumb entertainment in general.
    • Seriously meditate, reflect and ponder on the negative vibes in your life. What are you consuming (food, opinions/views, thoughts, stress, relationships, etc.) that is causing the negative vibes? And what can you do to control them?
    • Make lots of tawbah and istighfar. Don't forget the basics of Islam and I pray you find what you're looking for.



    Hopefully doing the above will ease your spiritual cleanse. Sometimes we forget that the tangible aspects of this world can still affect our spirituality.
    Last edited by Al-Mualim; 21-09-17 at 08:50 PM.
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

  4. #4
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,843
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2676 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    451

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Assalaamu alaikum sister Hadmatter x Will pray for you x

    My advice would be like, always be grateful even for the smallest blessings. In the Qur'an, Allah tells us that if we are grateful he will give us more (paraphrasing).

    Saying a simple Alhamdulilah after reflecting on a small blessing can help you put your life in perspective.

    You no longer think your life is hard, since The Creator has given you a blessing suited to you specifically.

    For example, if someone gave you a some food, you would say thanks and smile at them ... however Allah gives us this favour everyday and if we think about His kindness to us, we will feel even more loved and protected thus more happy.

    When I say alhamdulillah more, I see that my hardships ease too. It helps my mental health too. I went to therapy for years and realized that talk therapy has some similarities to Islamic naseehah, like my therapist taught me about a avoiding negative mindset, and in Islam we are supposed to not despair and be hopeful.

    May Allah give you the best in this life and the akhira ameen.

    P.S. :

    Here are a list of duas from the Qur'an you can read

    http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/rabbana.html
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  5. #5
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mualim View Post

    Don't forget the negative physiological aspects of your life.

    • Make sure to eat and drink clean (no or reduced junk food/beverages). Consume more foods recommended by the Sunnah e.g. Honey, dates, black seeds.
    • Sleep well and try to be more physically active. Light stretches/brisk walking will suffice but it will be better if you have some form of an exercise routine.
    • Stop/Avoid or cut down on social media, music, mainstream media or dumb entertainment in general.
    • Seriously meditate, reflect and ponder on the negative vibes in your life. What are you consuming (food, opinions/views, thoughts, stress, relationships, etc.) that is causing the negative vibes? And what can you do to control them?
    • Make lots of tawbah and istighfar. Don't forget the basics of Islam and I pray you find what you're looking for.



    Hopefully doing the above will ease your spiritual cleanse. Sometimes we forget that the tangible aspects of this world can still affect our spirituality.

    Very beneficial reminder.

  6. #6
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,888
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum sister Hadmatter x Will pray for you x

    My advice would be like, always be grateful even for the smallest blessings. In the Qur'an, Allah tells us that if we are grateful he will give us more (paraphrasing).

    Saying a simple Alhamdulilah after reflecting on a small blessing can help you put your life in perspective.

    You no longer think your life is hard, since The Creator has given you a blessing suited to you specifically.

    For example, if someone gave you a some food, you would say thanks and smile at them ... however Allah gives us this favour everyday and if we think about His kindness to us, we will feel even more loved and protected thus more happy.

    When I say alhamdulillah more, I see that my hardships ease too. It helps my mental health too. I went to therapy for years and realized that talk therapy has some similarities to Islamic naseehah, like my therapist taught me about a avoiding negative mindset, and in Islam we are supposed to not despair and be hopeful.

    May Allah give you the best in this life and the akhira ameen.

    P.S. :

    Here are a list of duas from the Qur'an you can read

    http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/rabbana.html
    Yeah Ive been trying to do this, but sometimes you can get stuck in a certain negative mindset and it feels hard to get over and it feels easier to be angry
    @Al-Mualim good advice I agree with you Im trying to change my diet and incorporate fasting into my regimen
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

  7. #7
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,888
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Have any of you tried water fasting for health benefits? Theres a quote from my prophetic medicine book about how food can be a source of sickness and abstinence from it a source of cure. I think to give your digestive system a break
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Assalamu Alaykum,

    Remember, whether it is jinn or not, Allah (swt) is most powerful. And He (swt) says, if you walk towards Him (swt), He (swt) runs towards you. So start walking.


    Start with Dua, make sincere dua to Him (swt) to help you to open the doors of ibadah and higher level of iman for you. Because without Him (swt) you won't be able to do anything.

    Then comes Isteghfar, keep making isteghfar. Remember, when yunus (as) was in belly of a whale, the dua he made, laa ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kunti minazzalimin. there is no God but Allah, surely I was amongst the wrongdoers.

    When we do isteghfar, Allah (swt) forgives our past sins, and open doors of guidance, and really many other doors for us.

    Then start building good habits. We are people of habits. The reason you don't like listening to quran, because you are in habit of listenin to other things, or not listening to the Quran. The more you exert towards something, in the beginning it wil be hard, but eventually it will becomes easier, your nature will change, your brain will build new neural pathways, your likings and inclinations will change.

    Another advice is to start reading books and listening to talks about death. As our Prophet (sas) said, death is the killer of all desires. Steve jobs, a high achiever nonmuslim also said, remembering death is the best way to live. It creates a sense of urgency, and puts things into perspective.

    Start learning from shaykhs you like listening to. When we pursue the path of knowledge, Allah (swt) makes the path to Jannah easy.

  9. #9
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,888
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Quote Originally Posted by misshijabi View Post
    Assalamu Alaykum,

    Remember, whether it is jinn or not, Allah (swt) is most powerful. And He (swt) says, if you walk towards Him (swt), He (swt) runs towards you. So start walking.


    Start with Dua, make sincere dua to Him (swt) to help you to open the doors of ibadah and higher level of iman for you. Because without Him (swt) you won't be able to do anything.

    Then comes Isteghfar, keep making isteghfar. Remember, when yunus (as) was in belly of a whale, the dua he made, laa ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kunti minazzalimin. there is no God but Allah, surely I was amongst the wrongdoers.

    When we do isteghfar, Allah (swt) forgives our past sins, and open doors of guidance, and really many other doors for us.

    Then start building good habits. We are people of habits. The reason you don't like listening to quran, because you are in habit of listenin to other things, or not listening to the Quran. The more you exert towards something, in the beginning it wil be hard, but eventually it will becomes easier, your nature will change, your brain will build new neural pathways, your likings and inclinations will change.

    Another advice is to start reading books and listening to talks about death. As our Prophet (sas) said, death is the killer of all desires. Steve jobs, a high achiever nonmuslim also said, remembering death is the best way to live. It creates a sense of urgency, and puts things into perspective.

    Start learning from shaykhs you like listening to. When we pursue the path of knowledge, Allah (swt) makes the path to Jannah easy.
    Wa alaykum assalaam

    Thanx 4 the advice sista i felt a little warmness reading it
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

  10. #10
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    3,888
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi View Post
    An easy way to cleanse your heart is by listening to the Qur'an daily. You can read the tafsir simultaneously and it will have an even bigger impact on you when you understand what's being recited.
    Thanks I will try this too. I hope eventually my heart gets unhard enough over time
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

  11. #11
    Odan ZeeshanParvez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,281
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2714 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    329

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    I have fasted in general and not water fasted. Fasting has tremendous benefits. Its best to fast the Islamic fast as you are rewarded for it and you get the best possible benefits one can get.

    If you can't, just abstaining from food for 16 hours [intermittent fasting] does wonders to your mental and physical health. I can remember better, work more, and feel less tired.


    In addition to that, if you really want to get rid of negativity you should do the following dhikr in the morning and evening 100 times. It will keep the devil away from you. When I told my friend about it, he began to do it. The only regret he had was why I didn't tell him earlier as it gave him the same feeling that he felt during Ramadan.



    Narrated Abu Huraira:

    Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "If one says one-hundred times in one day: "None has the right to be worshiped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)", one will get the reward of manumitting ten slaves, and one-hundred good deeds will be written in his account, and one-hundred bad deeds will be wiped off or erased from his account, and on that day he will be protected from the morning till evening from Satan, and nobody will be superior to him except one who has done more than that which he has done."


    Sahih al-Bukhari 3293


    You will keep the devil away from you and get the reward for freeing 10 slaves. The reward for freeing one slave is freeing your entire self from the Fire. Imagine freeing yourself 20 times from the Fire in one day.


    Narrated Abu Huraira:

    The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "If somebody manumits a Muslim slave, Allah will save from the Fire every part of his body for freeing the corresponding parts of the slave's body, even his private parts will be saved from the Fire) because of freeing the slave's private parts."


    [Sahih al-Bukhaari Hadith No. 6715]


    Second, give yourself free time where you can sit and think. Reflection is a must. We live horribly busy lives where we always have to do a task. This fries the brain. It creates negativity. It makes you want to be mean. Fry the brain and it will output nothing but burnt results.


    Be persistent in your Religious studies even if they be small. You do not have to do a lot. You can lot 10 minutes to doing things such as reading. Just 10 minutes will amount to a massive amount of work you can get done over time when you remain persistent. You enjoy what you do because you know its only 10 minutes and not hours. You don't get bored. Best of all, you follow the Sunnah and want to keep coming back.

    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported:

    The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) did not observe fast in any month of the year more than in the month of Sha'ban, and used to say: Do as many deeds as you are capable of doing, for Allah will not become weary (of giving you reward), but you would be tired (of doing good deeds) ; and he also said: The deed liked most by Allah is one to which the doer adheres constantly even if it is small.

    [Sahih al-Bukhaari Hadith No. 782]


    Learn to control impulse reactions. Whenever something happens, your body reacts in a pre-programmed way based on your experiences. Follow the following to avoid doing things you regret later and get sin for:


    1. Consciously take in the input
    2. Do not do anything. Feel the impulse which forces you to an action and hold it.
    3. Once it has passed, think about what happened.
    4. Ask yourself what is the Sunnah to deal with such a situation.
    5. If you can't then avoid the situation by not saying anything or just walking away.
    6. Control anger by seeking refuge from the devil and by sitting down if you are standing or lying down if you are sitting.

    Narrated Abu Dharr:

    The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said to us: When one of you becomes angry while standing, he should sit down. If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down.

    [Sunan Abi Dawud Hadith No. 4782]


    Finally, the more you love and attach yourself to the Qur'aan, the more happiness that will come your way.

    One of the Salaf was asked "How much Quran should I recite?" He replied "Equivalent to the amount of happiness you are looking for."

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post

    Narrated Abu Huraira:

    The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "If somebody manumits a Muslim slave, Allah will save from the Fire every part of his body for freeing the corresponding parts of the slave's body, even his private parts will be saved from the Fire) because of freeing the slave's private parts."


    [Sahih al-Bukhaari Hadith No. 6715]
    Never knew this hadith before. May Allah reward you for sharing it, brother
    It was narrated from Jabir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "O people, fear Allah and be moderate in seeking a living, for no soul will die until it has received all its provision, even if it is slow in coming. So fear Allah and be moderate in seeking provision; take that which is permissible and leave that which is forbidden. " Sunan Ibn Majah

  13. #13
    Odan ZeeshanParvez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    10,281
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2714 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    329

    Re: Where to start on a spiritual cleanse?

    I forgot to write down the dhikr in Arabic in my post. Here it is:


    لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهْوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop