Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What do you think of "The Masked Arab" and his videos about Islam?

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post but I've been lurking for a while. I found this guy on YouTube called "The Masked Arab", a former Muslim turned atheist of Iraqi descent who makes videos that claim to completely debunk Islam; which compelled me to post it here to see what you guys think. At first glance his videos look very well made and researched so I'm interested in what Muslims have to say about them and if they could refute them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9J...1TO2w_eDA/feed <-- Link to his channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6c66G99A4 <-- "Seven main reasons why I left Islam - Proof Islam is false"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqeYCjih_8 <-- Same video as above, but in Arabic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Re: What do you think of "The Masked Arab" and his videos about Islam?

Last edited by hatim1337; 21-09-17 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithQuestions View Post
    Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post but I've been lurking for a while. I found this guy on YouTube called "The Masked Arab", a former Muslim turned atheist of Iraqi descent who makes videos that claim to completely debunk Islam; which compelled me to post it here to see what you guys think. At first glance his videos look very well made and researched so I'm interested in what Muslims have to say about them and if they could refute them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9J...1TO2w_eDA/feed <-- Link to his channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6c66G99A4 <-- "Seven main reasons why I left Islam - Proof Islam is false"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqeYCjih_8 <-- Same video as above, but in Arabic
    Hi,

I did not go through your links nor i am not free enough to debunk such liars & Ignorant stupid's claims but i had earlier written this on seeing some of his videos before hope it helps in your own research

http://www.atkinsglobal.com/en-gb/me...si-mud-volcano

This incident of sun set which Dhul Qarnain saw was most probably in the area of mountains since he saw the sun coming out from a mountain

This was already debunked long ago when these apologetics used to claim using only the verse 18:86 but tried to hide the verse 18:90
    since it exposes their trick & reaffirms that both the verses 18:86 & 90 spoke as a figurative speech and also as what Dhul Qarnain saw which is found in three
    places as refering him to '' He found '' and not ''We found'' or '' Allah found'
    This so Called Atheist masked Arab is an aplogetic with a change bringing both verses but hiding the word 'He' and furher trying to
    finf faults at the wordings 'found ' at 6 minutes he is Comparing the incident of
    Jesus's crucifixtion where Allah says '' it was made to appear to them '' to this story of King Dhul Qarnain who saw sun setting
    in murky waters . Both these quotes in the Noble Quran are different in the level of seriousnes, Whereas Jesus's nailing to the cross
    is as important as the article of faith of the religion and OUGHT to be CLEAR CUT to avoid confusion & doubt about crucifiction
    so was clearly stressed as '' it was made to appear to them ''

But these incidents of Dhul Qarnain was just a story on the adventures of Dhul Qarnain, which this idiot lacks reason to understand
    which can never be compared to each other in the words used to describe both the incidents need not be the same.

This idiot says i quote '' I challenge anyone where this word (''wajjada '') is used in the Quran to indicate something from the visual
    perpective of some one

So here it is another verse on visual perspective clearly debunking this twister from verse

Noble Quran 24:39 ''As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. The thirsty one thinks it to be water,
    until he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing, but he finds Allah with him, Who will pay him his due (Hell). And Allah is Swift
    in taking account.

He gives a reference of King Tuba of Yemen whose books also has the same story of Dhul Qarnain with the same muddy spring as
    found in the Noble Quran which actually supports the Quran as it told the same truth which was found in his Jewish books . He says Prophet
    copied it he should know Prophet did not go to Yemen ( 1000 kms away from Medina )at all except when he was a Lad
    This sura 18 of Qahaf was already revealed in complete in Mecca ie with the first 13 years of Meccan life.
    So he fails in his claims that Prophet copied from the Scriptures of Tuba of Yemen. But in contrast his reference is support
    for the Authenticity of The Noble Quran was from the same Author who send scripture to jews and also the incident of Dhul qaranin in
    the Noble Quran was true and happened as it is said but in a figuartive way .This case is also near similar to the case of
    Mariam the sister of Aron which the Noble Quran says http://legacy.quran.com/19/27-28 THAT the People sai They said ''O sister of Aron since those ages people used epithets in matter
    of surprise or exclamation as in the NT where people exclaim at jesus , The Son of David but this is better with supported with
    hadith.

About the words like 'Balagha ' used here does point to out a mistake as he reached a place simultaneously where it was the sun set
    and was in the place next to the mud and the sun rise is also said in the same style that he came to a place where he saw
    sun rising on a people without shelter

fact finding since i do not know Arabic but will try to find it whether their
    meant the same as sea those times or it refers to places like brackish waters or the low tide areas of sea which i have seen extending
    to many kilometers in width and in the Rawai beach at Phuket which appears a little brownish black which I've seen several times as in this photo Similar to the description given in the Glorious Quran about the view that Dhul qaranain actually saw

http://www.atkinsglobal.com/en-gb/me...si-mud-volcano

In conclusion there is No contradiction, No error but except in the intentions and Minds of Islamaphob idiots like these Masked
    Arab liar since all those verses were said in the figurative speech. You can note in the video he zooms, magnifies like this
    he found it . rather he has to magnify as he found it not Allah found it or We found it .
    Coming to the matter of Why the hadith said the Sun sets in a spring of warm water because Prophet could not say anything
    against the Noble Quran . We know every information is given according to the understanding of the receiver. A child is told like
    that make him understand and a common man is told in the way he understood and a sceintist will explain in the way his ability
    can accept. Those ages even literacy was only 5 % and leave about science they hardly know the meaning of it. So allah chose to tell
    them they way they could understand or else if they had been confused Islam could never have reached us.

So be satisfied with theverseof 3:7

Suppose if had said more than that

For example Prophet already went up into skies in and he had described he felt the lower sky like a
    ring on desert when comparing to the next sky.
    Last edited by talibilm09; 22-09-17 at 12:55 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16476 Post(s)

Smells like a troll promoting that useless channel.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

What do you think of "The Masked Arab" and his videos about Islam?

Just another pseudointellectual, speaking about things which he has no idea about

It happens all the time. I can’t take these people seriously

It’s hilarious

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Smells like a troll promoting that useless channel.
    My thoughts too
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

الإسلام هو الحقيقة Abū ʿĪsa al-ʿAjamī's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)

If I'm not wrong there was an Arab brother refuting that Atheist on his blog but it's in Arabic and the website is down atm
    If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.