Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Funny Somali sheikh and the evolution theory

1) I came across this interesting video on youtube:

A) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAlkL9vbtD4

B) In the video, Subboor Ahmad shows why the Darwinian evolution theory is based on conjecture.

2) The video also exposes the delusion of atheism. The guy in the video has no problem with accepting Darwinian evolution theory, which supposedly took place millions of years ago, yet he does not want to accept the fact that something does not come from nothing:

A) Or were they created by nothing, or were they the creators [of themselves]? (Surah 52:35)

3) Nonetheless, Islam is not against science nor evolution.

A) It is only against the idea of human beings having common ancestor with other species.

B) Science explains the how of things, not why. Muslims like Ibn al-Haytham contributed a lot to it.

4) Islam encourages science, for example:

A) Then do they not look at the camels - how they are created? And at the sky - how it is raised? And at the mountains - how they are erected? And at the earth - how it is spread out? (Surah 88: 17-20).

5) Please watch the video and share your thoughts.
    Last edited by Calender121438; 20-09-17 at 06:26 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Re: Funny Somali sheikh and the evolution theory

The problem is is that evolution is provable and repeatable.

it's doesn't take millions of years to come up with a new species and no where That I can find does in the Kitab or sunnah does it discount the idea of no common ancestor. In fact the kitab actually does give a common ancestor for all living creatures:water.

All of the anti-evolution debate I've heard from muslims is a verbatim repetition of what the christians use to refute evolution which only achieves two things

1.) remove that person from the fold of Islam by imitating christians

2.) makes ALL muslims look backward and stupid as we don't believe that the earth is 6000 years old or that Allah awj put dinosaur bones in the earth to "test our faith" or that Nuh as flood was worldwide,etc.

If muslims want to refute evolution they need to do so with the kitab and sunnah,neither of which denies evolution or even the possibilty that darwinian theory is wrong.

The amount of modern scientific data that supports evolution is absolutely overwhelming from multiple scientific disciplines.

Secondly darwin was not an atheist and his theory was not put forth in support of atheism. Atheism and darwinian evolutionary theory have nothing to do with each other whatsoever.

Thirdly Darwinian evolution never states or even implies that everything(all cretaures) evolved from nothing. That arguement doesn't even make sense.

People are trying to put cosmological evolution with biological evolution and they are two different subjects completely.

The big bang theory has nothing to do with DNA. There is no connection at all.

Odan
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

You're mistaken in claiming that Darwin was not an atheist. Some of his opinions:
    "With respect to the theological view of the question. This is always painful to me. I am bewildered. I had no intention to write atheistically. But I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae [wasps] with the express intention of their [larva] feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice. Not believing this, I see no necessity in the belief that the eye was expressly designed. On the other, I cannot anyhow be contented to view this wonderful universe, and especially the nature of man, and to conclude that everything is the result of brute force. I am inclined to look at everything as resulting from designed laws, with the details, whether good or bad, left to the working out of what we may call chance. Not that this notion at all satisfies me. I feel most deeply that the whole subject is too profound for the human intellect. A dog might as well speculate on the mind of Newton. Let each man hope and believe what he can. Certainly I agree with you that my views are not at all necessarily atheistical. The lightning kills a man, whether a good one or bad one, owing to the excessively complex action of natural laws. A child (who may turn out an idiot) is born by the action of even more complex laws, and I can see no reason why a man, or other animals, may not have been aboriginally produced by other laws, and that all these laws may have been expressly designed by an omniscient Creator, who foresaw every future event and consequence. But the more I think the more bewildered I become; as indeed I probably have shown by this letter. Most deeply do I feel your generous kindness and interest. Yours sincerely and cordially, Charles Darwin" (Darwin to Asa Gray, [a minister] May 22, 1860)

"One word more on 'designed laws' and 'undesigned results.' I see a bird which I want for food, take my gun and kill it, I do this designedly. An innocent and good man stands under a tree and is killed by a flash of lightning. Do you believe (and I really should like to hear) that God designedly killed this man? Many or most persons do believe this; I can't and don't. If you believe so, do you believe that when a swallow snaps up a gnat that God designed that that particular swallow should snap up that particular gnat at that particular instant? I believe that the man and the gnat are in the same predicament. If the death of neither man nor gnat are designed, I see no good reason to believe that their first birth or production should be necessarily designed." (Darwin to Asa Gray July 1860)

"Your question what would convince me of Design is a poser. If I saw an angel come down to teach us good, and I was convinced from others seeing him that I was not mad, I should believe in design. If I could be convinced thoroughly that life and mind was in an unknown way a function of other imponderable force, I should be convinced. If man was made of brass or iron and no way connected with any other organism which had ever lived, I should perhaps be convinced. But this is childish writing." (Darwin to Asa Gray, Sept. 17 [1861?])

Did God ordain, Darwin asked, "that the crop and tail-feathers of the pigeon should vary in order that the fancier might make his grotesque pouter and fantail breeds? Did he cause the frame and mental qualities of the dog to vary in order that a breed might be formed of indomitable ferocity, with faws fitted to pin down the bull for man's brutal sport?" Surely no one could admit divine providence in these matters! Darwin concluded, then, by parity of reasoning, that "no shadow of reason can be assigned for the belief that variations, alike in nature and the result of the same general laws, which have been the groundwork through natural selection of the formation of the most perfectly adapted animals in the world, man included, were intentionally and specially guided." (Darwin in Variations of Animals and Plants Under Domestication, II [D. Appleton and Company, 1875], P.415, as cited by Ric Machuga in his article, "Clockwork Origins?" in Books & Culture: A Christian Review, Jan./Feb. 1996, P. 19.)

"...With respect to Design, I feel more inclined to show a white flag than to fire my usual long-range shot. I like to try and ask you a puzzling question, but when you return the compliment I have great doubts whether it is a fair way of arguing. If anything is designed, certainly man must be: one's 'inner consciousness' (though a false guide) tells one so; yet I cannot admit that man's rudimentary mammae [nipples]... were designed. If I was to say I believed this, I should believe it in the same incredible manner as the orthodox believe the Trinity in Unity. You say that you are in a haze; I am in thick mud; the orthodox [creationist Christian] would say in fetid, abominable mud; yet I cannot keep out of the question. My dear Gray, I have written a deal of nonsense. Yours most cordially, C. Darwin" (Darwin to Asa Gray Dec. 11, 1861)
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/ce/3/part10.html

However, many distinguished Darwinians have believed in god - with a tendency to be members of the Church of England, I'd say!

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    You're mistaken in claiming that Darwin was not an atheist. Some of his opinions:http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/ce/3/part10.html

However, many distinguished Darwinians have believed in god - with a tendency to be members of the Church of England, I'd say!
    The fourth sentence in that quote is exactly what I was getting at. Darwin did not write with atheism/disproving GOD in mind.

Odan
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calender121438 View Post
    Darwinian evolution theory, which supposedly took place millions of years ago
    That's fact. Not supposition
    It is only against the idea of human beings having common ancestor with other species.
    Not true: http://legacy.quran.com/24/45 "of them are those that walk on two legs"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

There is a fish called alligator fish. That fish can breathe air and survive above water for up to two hours. Give that fish few millions of years and that fish would probably breathe air for 24 hours. And, give that fish another few million years and the fish might develop legs. Whatever we do we become better at it.
    If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3713 Post(s)

I only managed to watch about 4 mins, it was painful to see how dumb the non muslim guy was, had to turn it off.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    I only managed to watch about 4 mins, it was painful to see how dumb the non muslim guy was, had to turn it off.
    It was painful,wasn't it.

It's easy to win a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Interesting. The Somali man was funny lol.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post

it's doesn't take millions of years to come up with a new species and no where That I can find does in the Kitab or sunnah does it discount the idea of no common ancestor. In fact the kitab actually does give a common ancestor for all living creatures:water.

All of the anti-evolution debate I've heard from muslims is a verbatim repetition of what the christians use to refute evolution which only achieves two things

2.) makes ALL muslims look backward and stupid as we don't believe that the earth is 6000 years old or that Allah awj put dinosaur bones in the earth to "test our faith" or that Nuh as flood was worldwide,etc.

If muslims want to refute evolution they need to do so with the kitab and sunnah,neither of which denies evolution or even the possibilty that darwinian theory is wrong.

The amount of modern scientific data that supports evolution is absolutely overwhelming from multiple scientific disciplines.

Secondly darwin was not an atheist and his theory was not put forth in support of atheism. Atheism and darwinian evolutionary theory have nothing to do with each other whatsoever.

Thirdly Darwinian evolution never states or even implies that everything(all cretaures) evolved from nothing. That arguement doesn't even make sense.

People are trying to put cosmological evolution with biological evolution and they are two different subjects completely.

The quran and sunnah don't really agree with human evolution so you can stop pretending.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Identical View Post
    The quran and sunnah don't really agree with human evolution so you can stop pretending.
    NOT expliciting supporting and expliciting refuting are two different actions.

Quote me anything from the kitab or sunnah that explicitly refute evolution and I'll change my mind.

Anything whatsoever

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

NOT expliciting supporting and expliciting refuting are two different actions.

Quote me anything from the kitab or sunnah that explicitly refute evolution and I'll change my mind.

Anything whatsoever
    I don't really know if you are purposely feigning ignorance because the quran and sunnah are pretty clear about how Adam (AS) was created.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Identical View Post
    I don't really know if you are purposely feigning ignorance because the quran and sunnah are pretty clear about how Adam (AS) was created.
    That's clearly not what I asked for.

again the request is simple quote me anything from kitab or sunnag that refutes explicitly evolution.

How Adam as was created is irrelevent to the discussion of evolution. candyapple used to use the same ingenious technique along with takfir.
    Adam as can be created from clay but that doesn't mean YOU are made from clay,you are made from the DNA of of your mother and father through sexual recombination of said DNA,which many ayat of the Qur'an actually speak about,THAT is in support of DNA and evolution.

All that is needed for evolution to function is sexual recombination of DNA,that's it,that's all.

As far as Islamic beliefs go only three humans have bypassed the sexual recombination of DNA to be created,3 out of billions and billions humans plus all the insects,birds,fish reptiles,mammals and so on.
    Trillions of creature through of millions of years that follow the same pattern of creation and re-creation.

If humans are totally unique to all other animals then you have a long,long ways to explain RNA and DNA which is common to ALL living creatures(except viruses which only have RNA).

You can have a rule (sexual procreation and evolution)and exception to that rule(divine intervention and miraculous creation).
    the two are not contradictory.

secondly DIS-belief in evolution is disbelief in the Greatness of Allah awj as your limiting his ability to create and propagate his creation.

Disbelief in evolution is in my opinion unislamic at it's very core.
    Last edited by Samsandman; 22-09-17 at 05:24 AM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

I was gonna try to keep the evolution arguement to just animals to be kind,BUT just because I can and I'm tired of people who call themselves muslim copying christians and promoting ignorance and backwardness,here is the sunnah in support of human evolution.

here is the hadith in that support human evolution and it's graded sahih as you can see.

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/79/1

Now Adam AS was sixty cubits in height and a cubit is roughly 1.5 feet. Not 6 cubits but SIXTY!!!

I am taller than average at just over 6 feet,not cubits but feet so what happened between the creation of Adam As and me?
    change over generations happened as EXPLICITLY stated by the Prophet sallahu alayhi wasalam.

change over generations IS evolution.

Now can muslims stop copying christians with their lame anti-evolution arguments?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Ok as I now that are some people that will stubbornly try to refute what I just wrote,CAREFULLY read this fatwa before you reply as you don't want to nullify your islam with your response to what I brought forth.

https://islamqa.info/en/20612

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

1) There is someone worse than Christians when it comes to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqFq0ua5JFo

2) Muslims do not have problems with dinosaurs since the earth existed before Adam:

A) And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."(Surah 2:30).

B) And [He created] the horses, mules and donkeys for you to ride and [as] adornment. And He creates that which you do not know.(Surah 16:8)

3) However, the Quran is against the idea of human beings having common ancestor with other species, for example:

A) O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer.(Surah 4:1).

B) This is my last response akhi, I do not want to turn this into a debate.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

LOL,two pie faced jews.
    Maybe they should worry less about the math of the universe and start with the basics, like grow a beard.
    They look like modern zionist not authentic jews so i can discount anything they say.

you make the statement that the Quran does not support but common ancestry but the "evidence" you brought actually argues against that statement.

In that ayat Allah awj addresses mankind not all creatures and then he goes on to mention again wombs,the place of genetic recombination and birth,which I again assert are the only things needed for evolution.

The fuqahar have mention they believe it was the jinn who preceded us and are the ones to whom the angels refer to but as anyone is even remotely familiar with the kitab and sunnah knows that Jinn don't have physical bodies and hence no blood,In fact there is a hadith that states they flow through US(mankind) like blood, The explanations I've seen of that ayat bothered me and never made sense.

I think the angels are speaking about a primitive hominid/hominoid race that is already on the earth and shedding blood.

We now know that there was at one time there were multiple sub-human(neanderthal,denisovan,florensis etc) races in the earth that vanished after Bani Adam/modern man(homo sapien sapien) was established.

That idea explanation lines up perfectly with the verse doesn't it? And we can't really expect the classical fuqahar to have know about sub human species that were discovered till hundreds of years after they died.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

1) There is someone worse than Christians when it comes to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqFq0ua5JFo

2) Muslims do not have problems with dinosaurs since the earth existed before Adam:

A) And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."(Surah 2:30).

B) And [He created] the horses, mules and donkeys for you to ride and [as] adornment. And He creates that which you do not know.(Surah 16:8)

3) However, the Quran is against the idea of human beings having common ancestor with other species, for example:

A) O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer.(Surah 4:1).

B) This is my last response akhi, I do not want to turn this into a debate.
    1) The Jew in the video shows the stupidity of worshiping "scholars":

A) http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ikhs(Reminder)