Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Arabic Alphabet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Arabic Alphabet

Salam Alakium everyone, I hope I can offer some tips for people who are looking to learn the Arabic alphabet. There are several resources that are free that I know of that can help you learn online for free, for example, Bilal philips online University offer a free diploma section and the course used to be free there, but the course was only audio and that makes it extremely hard to learn properly. I took the course and even though it was just audio I still actually got some increase in my learning enough to feel more confident in trying to master this skill. You may think its impossible but its not, I was just like you unable to read even a letter of Arabic but this Ramadan for the first time I was able to read the entire Quraan, I never thought I would ever be able to do that, that happened around 5 years after I finished the same exact course but instead I also studied it at KIU and it had video instruction not just audio, so what you could do is buy the book they use from amazon like I did and follow along with the audio course at Bilal Philips University, or they also have the full book free as a PDF file if you do not want to spend any money.

Another option is YouTube, there are millions of Arabic alphabet type videos and lessons and songs, so that is also a good way to try to learn but in my own experience that is the worst way to learn and that never worked with me, You could see some lessons here. Another option is a website known as Arabicpod which also have many free videos but I tried that site and most videos were for advanced or intermediate students and not just starters who are just starting to study the Arabic alphabet. In my view self taught methods are very hard to actually learn but a course presented via pre-recorded video lessons worked well for me but I know many people have issues learning through that type of learning method and prefer live one on one lessons instead.

Another good way to learn Arabic reading and writing is to actually type and chat with someone online via facebook or some other type of social media platform, this really helps in boosting your skills and helps your practice but you will be typing in slang arabic and there is no short vowels and for me that was very hard at first since I was only used to having the full short vowels on the letters, and this method only works if you already have a idea of how to read the Arabic alphabet and already have some practice it would not work for beginners. Also there is some courses online that are free on a website known as Alasion and you could try the course they have there as well which is also free.
    Last edited by Arabic Courses; 20-09-17 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Re: Arabic Alphabet

I learned it in 1 hour but it was a woman who is pretty provocative so i wont share
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I learned it in 1 hour but it was a woman who is pretty provocative so i wont share

We'll be the judge of that!!!

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post

We'll be the judge of that!!!
    I need to see your degree first
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Bilal Phillips does have videos I've watched them
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    I need to see your degree first
    I'm UF educated, level Son.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9198 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I'm UF educated, level Son.
    Can i see your curriculum vitae

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21