Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
    Suicidal_brother
    Guests

Whats have i got left theirs to live for.

Salaam brothers and sister i dont know how to say this so im just going to type it out in'sha'allah, alhamdulillah i had a good life as a child you know my family were poor back in the days but Alhamdulillah they built their wealth and we have more than we need, but me, at the age of 14 was when my depression started and me being a man i never accepted it i had a bad past addicted to woman and always fighting and everything age 15 i was diagnosed with keratoconas its basically the thinning of my cornea where I slowly start to lose my vision but alhamdulillah i got some treatment and my eye condition is stable now, but i have to wear contact lenses alhamdulillah i can drive and do everything with good vision but im restricted career wise jas my contacts tend to dry eye amd my eyes get painful wallahi I've just lost hopeI've actually got bowel problems on top of that which i dont know what to do as GP's are idiots and they dont care, my depression is really bad im sitting here i dont know what to do i have no career no education im mentally a wreck my health is messed up Allah forgive im not complaining i just need to let this out and need some advice i feel like ending it sometimes i aint going to lie. My parents well they dont really understand what im going through i had to get married becuase they said so so im stuck in a marriage i hate wallahi my life is a big mess i find no joy i dont know what to do my family keeps piling the pressure on me and i can i feel it i know im going to crack and just pull the trigger im 20 what the hell should i do with my life im so numb i feel like my life aint worth living me people dont understand this things im going through its like the problems just keep amd coming and coming.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)

Re: Whats have i got left theirs to live for.

I'm sorry to hear this akhi, may Allah makes things easy for you, Amin. All the hardships you've experienced throughout your life are temporary and will one day come to an end. There's absolutely no point in thinking about commiting suicide as a means to end your difficulties. It will not end, rather it'll continue into something worse where you will face severe punishment in the akhira.

Suicide is never a solution to any problem, so it's not worth taking that route. It's better you remain patient through your trials and remember that Allah tests whom He loves. Also, these hardships are a means of having your sins expiated and your status raised in Jannah.

Ponder over the following Hadiths:

It was narrated from Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet said: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allah loves people, He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

The Prophet said: “No pain, hardship, sickness or grief befalls a believer, not even worry that befalls him, but some of his bad deeds will be expiated.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5642) and Muslim (2573).

It was narrated that Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah said: “On the Day of Resurrection, when people who had suffered affliction are given their reward, those who were healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2402. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, no. 2206.

The most important thing for you to do right now is to seek treatment regarding your depression. You should consider seeing a therapist. In the meantime, read these: https://islamqa.info/en/210410, https://islamqa.info/en/5112.

It's quite evident that your depression is negatively affecting all aspects of your life. Once you get treated, everything will soon fall into place. You'll develop a positive outlook towards life and gain the motivation to start studying, work, etcetera. Also, your marriage will improve as you'll begin to see the good qualities in your wife.

In regards to your parents, try explaining to them in depth about how the depression is taking a toll on your health and wellbeing. If they still don't understand, then there's not much you can do really. Since they haven't experienced what your going through, it's quite normal for them to be unable to fully comprehend your situation, so don't worry.

Never despair and always have hope things will get better
    “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)