Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Jobs and apprenticeships

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
    Bismillah

This past couple of months i have been going through alot of things which created alot of stress for me. Whilst being at university this did have an impact on my performance. Alhamdullilah I planned on taking a break from studies so i can have a break as well gain capital to pay for uni. But it so happened that I ended up having to retake couple exams towards the end and one of them i recently found out i failed and so my university has decided to kick me off my course. To be honest all I want to do while im here is make a halal income so I can help provide for my family. I would rather work but if it means having to study I dont mind either.

I have been applying for jobs through indeed/reed and just online searching and have been applying for some higher apprenticeships that pay reasonable and some also lead to degrees. But right now its a waiting game.

But I just wanted to know does anyone know of any websites,companies,contacts or know of anyone that can provide or inform me of a good job that I can apply for where you can make a career from and not lose after 6 months. Also one that doesnt involve any haram money or anything to do with law,legislation etc.
    Based in and around London.

JazakAllah khair

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2684 Post(s)

Re: Jobs and apprenticeships

Assalaamu alaikum brother

sorry to hear about your course.

Have you thought of internships or relevant voluntary work? Most will pay for lunch and travel expenses. Mine does at the moment.

Also, there is some work with the Royal Mail coming soon, the Christmas casuals one. It pays well (like almost 400 a week) but its only for the December-January period.

Apply for it. When you do your CV, leave no gaps in employment. Just put your current work on the application or leave the employment section and focus on your education.

Here is the link

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/go/C...asuals/698901/
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Right not im looking for permanent work so I can have reliable income thats why im not looking at volunteering. Is there any difference between internships and apprenticeships?
    And i will look into royal mail.
    JazakAllah khair

On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2684 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Right not im looking for permanent work so I can have reliable income thats why im not looking at volunteering. Is there any difference between internships and apprenticeships?
    And i will look into royal mail.
    JazakAllah khair
    Apprenticeships lead to permanent work and is training, internships are for experience in order to apply to other jobs after.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Oh ok jazakAllah khair for letting me know

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3710 Post(s)

You can try doing a HND course if you really aren't looking to go back to university. You can go to a local career advise centre and get a lot of information on what is available to you.
    You can also go to the job centre and you may be entitled to receive money while you look for a job.
    Take whatever job you can get even if it's not permanent because it will all count towards something and give you experience, it's difficult these days to find good jobs without a degree but provision is from Allah so just make a lot of dua, put your trust in Allah and take whatever opportunity comes your way.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

I'm currently concluding a Level 4 Apprenticeship at the Civil Service which provided an entry level position at Graduate pay (around £27k inner London, £21k outside London). Find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...apprenticeship

A viable solution to a good wage, while studying for a decent qualification which you can further at Uni (1year) and amazing CV experience which will put you ahead, already a foot on the career ladder.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    You can try doing a HND course if you really aren't looking to go back to university. You can go to a local career advise centre and get a lot of information on what is available to you.
    You can also go to the job centre and you may be entitled to receive money while you look for a job.
    Take whatever job you can get even if it's not permanent because it will all count towards something and give you experience, it's difficult these days to find good jobs without a degree but provision is from Allah so just make a lot of dua, put your trust in Allah and take whatever opportunity comes your way.
    To be honest i dont mind going back to university if its a good degree i just dont want to do one thats a waste of time and i want to do it the halal way
    I might work and fund my self back into university
    Im also trying to apply to apprenticeships that provide degrees
    But yh inshAllah whatever happens happens
    Allah is the provider i just have to have sabr and shoe good intentions

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

The best way is to go through a recruitment agency. If you live in a housing accommodation, they would likely have a recruitment department that help their residents to secure jobs.

Recruitment fairs are one to look out for too. This is the easiest way to get a job.

Also... when applying for a job, it's good to apply via the company's website. And it's even better to give them a follow up email and/or phone call to chase up your application or to just show genuine interest in the role by asking about the company etc.

This site is useful: jobsgopublic.com

May Allah grant all Muslims, halal jobs. Ameen.
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah1436 View Post

The best way is to go through a recruitment agency. If you live in a housing accommodation, they would likely have a recruitment department that help their residents to secure jobs.

Recruitment fairs are one to look out for too. This is the easiest way to get a job.

Also... when applying for a job, it's good to apply via the company's website. And it's even better to give them a follow up email and/or phone call to chase up your application or to just show genuine interest in the role by asking about the company etc.

This site is useful: jobsgopublic.com

May Allah grant all Muslims, halal jobs. Ameen.
    JazakAllah khair
    Ameen

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    263 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

JazakAllah khair

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3516 Post(s)

May Allah make it easy for you

Can't help much because I'm up north,
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Ameen
    No problem akhi
    Alhamdullilah couple opportunities maybe on the way for me anyway I just have to have patience

Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6292 Post(s)

Jobs and apprenticeships

I’m in the same situation as you except that I’ve deferred and just going to these interviews for apprenticeships/jobs

I can link you to this WhatsApp group that advertises jobs and apprenticeships for people like yourself.

May Allah make it easy for you

It’s hard, I’ve been out of full time employment for a month now!

وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

I thought I was reading a thread about me -_-
    Last edited by iRepIslam; 09-11-17 at 09:55 PM.
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6292 Post(s)

Jobs and apprenticeships

Do you drive? What experience do you have?

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8015 Post(s)

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
    Bismillah

This past couple of months i have been going through alot of things which created alot of stress for me. Whilst being at university this did have an impact on my performance. Alhamdullilah I planned on taking a break from studies so i can have a break as well gain capital to pay for uni. But it so happened that I ended up having to retake couple exams towards the end and one of them i recently found out i failed and so my university has decided to kick me off my course. To be honest all I want to do while im here is make a halal income so I can help provide for my family. I would rather work but if it means having to study I dont mind either.

I have been applying for jobs through indeed/reed and just online searching and have been applying for some higher apprenticeships that pay reasonable and some also lead to degrees. But right now its a waiting game.

But I just wanted to know does anyone know of any websites,companies,contacts or know of anyone that can provide or inform me of a good job that I can apply for where you can make a career from and not lose after 6 months. Also one that doesnt involve any haram money or anything to do with law,legislation etc.
    Based in and around London.

JazakAllah khair
    و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

There are many places that offer many different types of apprenticeships.

Try this site - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/all/.../engineering-9
    It lists vacancies I believe.

Also if you like IT try this site - https://more.capgemini.com/uk/career...h/apprentices/

Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6292 Post(s)

Jobs and apprenticeships

#hiring *Personal Assistant*, London City, Greater London, *United Kingdom*, £25K, fulltime #londoncityjobs #united kingdomjobs #administration #jobs

*For more details & to apply :* https://www.jobsrmine.com/personal-assistant-london-city-greater-london/23102146

*Set alerts to know of new roles instantly, before others can:* https://www.jobsrmine.com/set-job-alerts

#hiring *Content Editor - Digital*, London City, Greater London, *United Kingdom*, £20/hr, contract #londoncityjobs #united kingdomjobs #advertmediaentertainment #jobs

*For more details & to apply :* https://www.jobsrmine.com/content-editor-digital-london-city-greater-london/23102844

*Set alerts to know of new roles instantly, before others can:* https://www.jobsrmine.com/set-job-alerts

#hiring *IT Service Desk Co-ordinator*, London City, Greater London, *United Kingdom*, £32K, fulltime #londoncityjobs #united kingdomjobs #itcommunications #jobs

*For more details & to apply :* https://www.jobsrmine.com/it-service-desk-co-ordinator-london-city-greater-london/23102122

#hiring *NHS Procurement Officer*, London City, Greater London, *United Kingdom*, £21/hr, contract #londoncityjobs #united kingdomjobs #accounting #jobs

*For more details & to apply :* https://www.jobsrmine.com/nhs-procurement-officer-london-city-greater-london/23104219

#hiring *Office Manager - Investment Company*, Hackney, Greater London, *United Kingdom*, fulltime #hackneyjobs #united kingdomjobs #administration #jobs

*For more details & to apply :* https://www.jobsrmine.com/office-manager-investment-company-hackney-greater-london/23104427

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

There are many places that offer many different types of apprenticeships.

Try this site - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/all/.../engineering-9
    It lists vacancies I believe.

Also if you like IT try this site - https://more.capgemini.com/uk/career...h/apprentices/
    جزاك الله خير

Although ive decided to go back to uni just goimg to work whilst taking a gap yr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Look on your local councils website for jobs and apprenticeships. My local council have apprenticeships in different areas.

Go to your nearest shopping centre and you will find many shops displaying vacancies especially around this time of the year.

Could you do tutoring?

Hand out your CV to companies as well.

InshaAllah you find something soon.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

Sorry to here about your course brother, InshaAllah you find something better than that which you lost- I know the feeling of failing courses I have failed a lot in my time.

No real practical advise as I am up north too, but as someone else pointed out-the job centre is there to help you, its not all about the benefits side of things. They can point you in whichever direction you need to make the best choice for you. You can also look on what used to be jobcentre plus but is now universal job match (no account needed) for vacancies.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    Sorry to here about your course brother, InshaAllah you find something better than that which you lost- I know the feeling of failing courses I have failed a lot in my time.

No real practical advise as I am up north too, but as someone else pointed out-the job centre is there to help you, its not all about the benefits side of things. They can point you in whichever direction you need to make the best choice for you. You can also look on what used to be jobcentre plus but is now universal job match (no account needed) for vacancies.
    JazakAllah khair
    Everythings a test in life inshAllah this struggle leads to some of my sins being forgiven
    But alhamdullilah now i get to be with family and friends from home town who are much more into deen
    I felt home sick while livimg away at uni and had friends but no one really who would remind me of Allah and at thay time thats what i needed
    plus i can now have a break from uni work and pay for uni my self inshAllah so alhamdullilah im grateful Allah gave me this opportunity im also changing courses via transfer and going back to uni next yr so now il have more career options
    And yes im aware iwas using universal jobcmatch b4
    Everything seems to be going ok alhamdullilah i just need to get my job now inshAllah
    The qadr of Allah

InshAllah things work out for you aswell

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

JazakAllah khair
    Everythings a test in life inshAllah this struggle leads to some of my sins being forgiven
    But alhamdullilah now i get to be with family and friends from home town who are much more into deen
    I felt home sick while livimg away at uni and had friends but no one really who would remind me of Allah and at thay time thats what i needed
    plus i can now have a break from uni work and pay for uni my self inshAllah so alhamdullilah im grateful Allah gave me this opportunity im also changing courses via transfer and going back to uni next yr so now il have more career options
    And yes im aware iwas using universal jobcmatch b4
    Everything seems to be going ok alhamdullilah i just need to get my job now inshAllah
    The qadr of Allah

InshAllah things work out for you aswell
    MashaAllah maybe you needed the break to focus of you social/mental/religious needs after all then.
    Excellent-may you find the job you need with ease and find comfort in your friends and family.

JazakAllah Khairan Brother.