Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Do you accept the grading of Sheikh Albani?

Sheikh Albani's (may Allah have mercy on him) criteria of grading hadith was weak. This is saying of another muhaddith, Sheikh Sulayman al-'Alwan(may Allah free him from the prison of the Saudi Taghut). In this video, Sulayman explains in detail why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUrJXrXmWGw

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Re: Do you accept the grading of Sheikh Albani?

Quote Originally Posted by Calender121438 View Post
    Sheikh Albani's (may Allah have mercy on him) criteria of grading hadith was weak. This is saying of another muhaddith, Sheikh Sulayman al-'Alwan(may Allah free him from the prison of the Saudi Taghut). In this video, Sulayman explains in detail why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUrJXrXmWGw
    Do NOT even mention the khariji and takfeeri known as Sulayman al-'Alwan and the illustrious Shaykh al-Albani (rahimahull‚h) in the same sentence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehYgi7I_Kpw

http://www.islamagainstextremism.com...-al-ulwaan.cfm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by {Muslim} View Post
    Do NOT even mention the khariji and takfeeri known as Sulayman al-'Alwan and the illustrious Shaykh al-Albani (rahimahull‚h) in the same sentence.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lly-mushrikeen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Take ur filth elsewhere.
    People here will not be deceived by ur satanic agenda.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3694 Post(s)

typical
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3694 Post(s)

Unless you're at that level to understand, this topic is not beneficial
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

What makes al-Albani's rulings on Hadith so well recognized is that they are ubiquitous. He has gone over many, many famous compilations of Hadith and graded the narrations therein. Then, those works were published and spread so that now they are freely available online. In his two most famous works, the Silsilatayn, many of the explanations behind his rulings on Hadith can be found and from those discussions his methodology can be discerned as well.

Does al-Albani make mistakes in his rulings on Hadith? Absolutely.

Do the mistakes of al-Albani render his many works useless or suspect? Not in the least.

My question for the followers of al-Ulwan is: where are his publications of commonly referenced compilations of Hadith containing his own rulings on the Hadith?

It's so easy to point out the mistakes of those who put forth a great amount of effort and produce a large body of work. This is not unusual or unprecedented.

What is usual and very common is that those who spend a lot of time criticizing and pointing out mistakes themselves do not produce anywhere near the amount of work and legacy as the ones they focus their criticisms on.

I know, I know. "IF al-Ulwan hadn't been imprisoned, he could have...." May Allah hasten his release. Ameen.

The fact is that al-Ulwan has not produced anywhere near the amount of work in Hadith sciences as al-Albani and has not reached anywhere near the benefit that al-Albani has attained, In Sha' Allah, for spreading the Hadith sciences and awakening the study of the sciences in the Muslims.

As for the details of the criticisms in the Youtube video. There are several issues whose discussion wouldn't benefit anyone who hasn't studied the Hadith sciences in depth.

All this talk about the "Manhaj of the Mutaqaddimeen" has become nothing but propaganda for the latest up-starts who think too highly of their own abilities in Hadith sciences. It's unfortunate that they have found a voice in al-Ulwan for their grievances against contemporary Muhadditheen.

The internet is full of nobodies who have barely studied the Hadith sciences and they think of themselves as the banner bearers for Hadith. Many of the main followers of al-Ulwan in English are among that group.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuNajm View Post
    What makes al-Albani's rulings on Hadith so well recognized is that they are ubiquitous. He has gone over many, many famous compilations of Hadith and graded the narrations therein. Then, those works were published and spread so that now they are freely available online. In his two most famous works, the Silsilatayn, many of the explanations behind his rulings on Hadith can be found and from those discussions his methodology can be discerned as well.

Does al-Albani make mistakes in his rulings on Hadith? Absolutely.

Do the mistakes of al-Albani render his many works useless or suspect? Not in the least.

My question for the followers of al-Ulwan is: where are his publications of commonly referenced compilations of Hadith containing his own rulings on the Hadith?

It's so easy to point out the mistakes of those who put forth a great amount of effort and produce a large body of work. This is not unusual or unprecedented.

What is usual and very common is that those who spend a lot of time criticizing and pointing out mistakes themselves do not produce anywhere near the amount of work and legacy as the ones they focus their criticisms on.

I know, I know. "IF al-Ulwan hadn't been imprisoned, he could have...." May Allah hasten his release. Ameen.

The fact is that al-Ulwan has not produced anywhere near the amount of work in Hadith sciences as al-Albani and has not reached anywhere near the benefit that al-Albani has attained, In Sha' Allah, for spreading the Hadith sciences and awakening the study of the sciences in the Muslims.

As for the details of the criticisms in the Youtube video. There are several issues whose discussion wouldn't benefit anyone who hasn't studied the Hadith sciences in depth.

All this talk about the "Manhaj of the Mutaqaddimeen" has become nothing but propaganda for the latest up-starts who think too highly of their own abilities in Hadith sciences. It's unfortunate that they have found a voice in al-Ulwan for their grievances against contemporary Muhadditheen.

The internet is full of nobodies who have barely studied the Hadith sciences and they think of themselves as the banner bearers for Hadith. Many of the main followers of al-Ulwan in English are among that group.
    1) "He has gone over many, many famous compilations of Hadith and graded the narrations therein."

That is the problem akhi. According to Sulayman, Albani and other late scholars have graded thousands of hadiths as "sahih" even though the earlier scholars have deemed them to be weak. Neither of us are muhaddith but we should not just take the opinion of sheikh Albani.

2) "My question for the followers of al-Ulwan is: where are his publications of commonly referenced compilations of Hadith containing his own rulings on the Hadith?"

The uploader has already answered this. Read the comment section and please listen to the video carefully.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

1) "He has gone over many, many famous compilations of Hadith and graded the narrations therein."

That is the problem akhi. According to Sulayman, Albani and other late scholars have graded thousands of hadiths as "sahih" even though the earlier scholars have deemed them to be weak. Neither of us are muhaddith but we should not just take the opinion of sheikh Albani.
    According to whom?

Again, where are the works of al-Ulwan correcting the Tas'heeh of al-Albani?

I've studied Ulum al-Hadith extensively and I don't "just take the opinion" of anyone in Hadith.

Have you even read any of al-Albani's works for yourself? He often quotes the Jarh wat-Ta'deel of the early Muhadditheen.

I've also found times when I disagree with the Hukm of al-Albani on a particular Hadith. That doesn't mean anything and it certainly doesn't make al-Albani any less of a Muhaddith.

Also, it's not news to anyone familiar with the sciences that al-Albani does not strictly follow the Ahkam of the early scholars. If that makes him a "follower of the Usul of the Muta'akhkhireen" then, so be it. I don't think he ever claimed to be from the Mutaqaddimeen in Usul.

2) "My question for the followers of al-Ulwan is: where are his publications of commonly referenced compilations of Hadith containing his own rulings on the Hadith?"

The uploader has already answered this. Read the comment section and please listen to the video carefully.
    So you don't know then?

That's rich, but hey, it's your thread.

I don't have time for stupid Youtube videos and definitely don't have time to read comments of stupid Youtube videos.

In 50 years, most likely those videos will be gone and the works of al-Albani will still be here.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Regardless of how great a scholar al-Ulwan is, the Ahkam of al-Albani on Hadith are commonly accepted among the Muslims today.

Trashing al-Albani or pointing out his mistakes is not going to change that, nor should it.

The problem that scholars like al-Ulwan have is being locked up by Tawagheet and then being promoted by children online. The way Shaykh al-Ulwan is promoted online leads to Ta'assub.

Also, the children promoting him appear to be attempting to form a new Madh'hab around the Shaykh based on Taqleed Shakhsi or the blind-following of an individual scholar.

I looked through the list of books attributed to Shaykh al-Ulwan. They are more like Mufradaat.

Anyone who lacks knowledge of the sciences of Hadith should accept the ruling of any well-recognized Muhaddith. This is the same for Iftaa' and other aspects of Islam. Shaykh al-Albani is a well-recognized Muhaddith.

Even if everyone were to agree that al-Ulwan was a "better" Muhaddith than al-Albani, the lack of Hadith compilations with the Ahkam of al-Ulwan and the proliferation of Hadith compilations with the Ahkam of al-Albani is the reality.

The problem with children is that they are content with tearing things down without considering the harm of having nothing in place afterwards. In the case of these children, they want to tear down the reputation of al-Albani by using the words of al-Ulwan, but they don't have an alternative to the Ahkam of al-Albani. Some of them would actually have us refer to them for Ahkam!

Sorry to say it, but the followers of al-Ulwan are running a scam.

When they remove the confidence of a few naive Muslims by tarnishing the reputation of contemporary Muhadditheen, they want to fill that vacuum with exaggerated notions of their own station in life by pretending to be the intermediaries for this imprisoned Shaykh.

There are tens and hundreds of amazing Shuyukh in the world who are imprisoned or censured by the authorities, and many of them are much more prolific in writing and publishing than al-Ulwan.

We would all do well to benefit from any of these Shuyukh as much as possible, al-Albani and al-Ulwan included.

Benefiting from Shuyukh never entailed a requirement to pit them against each other or take their criticisms of one another and make that a call for abandonment or rebuke- ESPECIALLY not among laypeople.

Grow up, Calender...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ikhs(Reminder)

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2708 Post(s)

In 50 years, most likely those videos will be gone and the works of al-Albani will still be here.
    Sums it up pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

is sleeping on stomach ok?
    Last edited by Learnerofknowledge; 23-09-17 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)

According to whom?

Again, where are the works of al-Ulwan correcting the Tas'heeh of al-Albani?

I've studied Ulum al-Hadith extensively and I don't "just take the opinion" of anyone in Hadith.

Have you even read any of al-Albani's works for yourself? He often quotes the Jarh wat-Ta'deel of the early Muhadditheen..
    I think i have found the right person to ask some of these questions and I hope you answer it clearly rather than eluding as you seem to do in many posts when readers put questions to you since You claim to have mastery Ulum ul Hadith (more than any Muhaddith),, Arabic, and Islam (extreme)

1) Do you consider all the hadiths in Muslim, Bukhari as Authentic ?
    about Dawud & Muwatta are all Authentic ? and others which are the best kindly in order please ?

2) is this translation or dic is correct or you are better in Arabic than this site and translate it better ?

Quran corpus- word to word

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...pter=9&verse=5

3) 1) How much esteem do you keep for Sheikh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen rah ? Can we abide to all
    by what he says ?

I hope you answer it now from your own knowledge rather than doing mashoora with others .

Jazakallah khair

Note :
    the above question has not been replied yet which was asked here yesterday http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-thread/page57

NOTE :
    who ever writes here and claims to VERY knowledgeable about Islam must present proofs (daleel) when they claim something or are asked about.. we are not here spending our valuable to play a hide & seek game or buddy-kiddy game or any other useless pursuit. So writers MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THEY SAY< THEY CLAIM or I am not going to leave them hang here free as I ha.ve always doing with trolls and hope you are not one among them
    Last edited by talibilm09; 25-09-17 at 01:15 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    I think i have found the right person to ask some of these questions and I hope you answer it clearly rather than eluding as you seem to do in many posts when readers put questions to you since You claim to have mastery Ulum ul Hadith (more than any Muhaddith),, Arabic, and Islam (extreme)

1) Do you consider all the hadiths in Muslim, Bukhari as Authentic ?
    about Dawud & Muwatta are all Authentic ? and others which are the best kindly in order please ?

2) is this translation or dic is correct or you are better in Arabic than this site and translate it better ?

Quran corpus- word to word

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...pter=9&verse=5

3) 1) How much esteem do you keep for Sheikh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen rah ? Can we abide to all
    by what he says ?

I hope you answer it now from your own knowledge rather than doing mashoora with others .

Jazakallah khair

Note :
    the above question has not been replied yet which was asked here yesterday http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-thread/page57

NOTE :
    who ever writes here and claims to VERY knowledgeable about Islam must present proofs (daleel) when they claim something or are asked about.. we are not here spending our valuable to play a hide & seek game or buddy-kiddy game or any other useless pursuit. So writers MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THEY SAY< THEY CLAIM or I am not going to leave them hang here free as I ha.ve always doing with trolls and hope you are not one among them

Bro @Abu 'Abdullaah ,Thanks for reminding and deleting my post which was supposed to be posted here

Hope brothers here take care of the above question which has been pending for a week
    @AbuNajm
    @Linkdeutscher

and also these claims in post # 8

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lar-Please-jzk
    Last edited by talibilm09; 04-10-17 at 05:43 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim