Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Is sleeping on stomach prohibited according to sharia or not?

I read this from multaqa;

Here are a summery for the Takhreej and Tahqeeq of the Hadiths about laying down on the stomach.

This Hadith has been narrated by four companions:

1) Ya'ish Bin Tikhfah bin Qais Al-Ghifari

This Hadith from that way is found in [Sunan ABi Dawd:5001], [Sunan Ibn Majeh:752], [Sunan Al-NisaieAlkubra: ، 6586 ، 6587 ، 6588 ، 6662 ، 6663 ، 6664] and [Musnad Ahmad: 3/429-430)

This chain of narrators has a big Idteraab, which Imam Bukhari mentioned and said about this Hadith from this way is not correct [Al-Tarikh Al-Kabeer: 4/365-367]. Look in, [Al-I'lal by Ibn Abi Hatem: 2/233; Number 2187] and [Tahtheeb Al-Kamal by Al-Mizi and ma'refat Al-Sahaba by Abu Na'im: 3/1572] and Al-Darqatni in his book [Al-I'lal: 9/299] and others. In addition; Ibn Takhfa who is in the chain of narrators is Majhool ( unknown).

2) Abu Huraira:

This Hadith from this way is found in [Musnaf abi shasyba: 9/115], [Sunan At-tirmithi: 2768] and [Musnad Ahmad: 2/287]

This transmission has been criticized-because of Muhammad bin U'mro who had mistaken in this chain of narrators- by Imam Bukhari [Tarikh al-kabeer: 4/366], Abu hatim in [ I'lal: 2/233; number 2186] and Darqatni in [ Al-I'lal: 9/300]. In spite of that some recent scholars had classified the Hadith as authentic like Sh. Al-Albani and Sh. Shai'eb Arnaout. However, the word and criticism of Imam Bukhari and Abu Hatim takes over in such cases as they are the leaders of this science.

3) U'mro bin Al-Shareed

Thsi Hadith is found in [ Musnad Ahmad: 4/388]

This is a Mursal Hadith as clarified by all scholars

4) Abu Umamah

This Hadith is found in [Sunan Ibn Majah: 3725] and [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad: 1188]

This chain of narrators has

A) Al-Waleed Bin Jameel:

Abu Zar'a said about him: he is a Shaikh but his Hadith is Layin

Bukhari said about him: his hadith is close to be correct

Abu Hatim said about him: he is a shaikh who narrates Munkar Hadiths

B) Salamh bin Rajaa:

Yahya Bi Mu'ain said about him : he said he is laisa bi shai'

Abu zar'a said: he is Sadooq

Abu hatim said about him: His Hadith is ok

Abu Ahmad bin U'dai said about him: His Hadiths are odd and strange

Al-Niisa'ie said about him: he is weak

This has been translated from the post of Sh. Abdullah Zuqail and Sh. Abdulrahman Alfaqeeh ( may Allah preserve them and forgive them)

From this we can see that This Hadith is weak

I was wondering, are these accurate?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4714 Post(s)

Re: Is sleeping on stomach prohibited according to sharia or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Learnerofknowledge View Post
    I read this from multaqa;

Here are a summery for the Takhreej and Tahqeeq of the Hadiths about laying down on the stomach.

This Hadith has been narrated by four companions:

1) Ya'ish Bin Tikhfah bin Qais Al-Ghifari

This Hadith from that way is found in [Sunan ABi Dawd:5001], [Sunan Ibn Majeh:752], [Sunan Al-NisaieAlkubra: ، 6586 ، 6587 ، 6588 ، 6662 ، 6663 ، 6664] and [Musnad Ahmad: 3/429-430)

This chain of narrators has a big Idteraab, which Imam Bukhari mentioned and said about this Hadith from this way is not correct [Al-Tarikh Al-Kabeer: 4/365-367]. Look in, [Al-I'lal by Ibn Abi Hatem: 2/233; Number 2187] and [Tahtheeb Al-Kamal by Al-Mizi and ma'refat Al-Sahaba by Abu Na'im: 3/1572] and Al-Darqatni in his book [Al-I'lal: 9/299] and others. In addition; Ibn Takhfa who is in the chain of narrators is Majhool ( unknown).

2) Abu Huraira:

This Hadith from this way is found in [Musnaf abi shasyba: 9/115], [Sunan At-tirmithi: 2768] and [Musnad Ahmad: 2/287]

This transmission has been criticized-because of Muhammad bin U'mro who had mistaken in this chain of narrators- by Imam Bukhari [Tarikh al-kabeer: 4/366], Abu hatim in [ I'lal: 2/233; number 2186] and Darqatni in [ Al-I'lal: 9/300]. In spite of that some recent scholars had classified the Hadith as authentic like Sh. Al-Albani and Sh. Shai'eb Arnaout. However, the word and criticism of Imam Bukhari and Abu Hatim takes over in such cases as they are the leaders of this science.

3) U'mro bin Al-Shareed

Thsi Hadith is found in [ Musnad Ahmad: 4/388]

This is a Mursal Hadith as clarified by all scholars

4) Abu Umamah

This Hadith is found in [Sunan Ibn Majah: 3725] and [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad: 1188]

This chain of narrators has

A) Al-Waleed Bin Jameel:

Abu Zar'a said about him: he is a Shaikh but his Hadith is Layin

Bukhari said about him: his hadith is close to be correct

Abu Hatim said about him: he is a shaikh who narrates Munkar Hadiths

B) Salamh bin Rajaa:

Yahya Bi Mu'ain said about him : he said he is laisa bi shai'

Abu zar'a said: he is Sadooq

Abu hatim said about him: His Hadith is ok

Abu Ahmad bin U'dai said about him: His Hadiths are odd and strange

Al-Niisa'ie said about him: he is weak

This has been translated from the post of Sh. Abdullah Zuqail and Sh. Abdulrahman Alfaqeeh ( may Allah preserve them and forgive them)

From this we can see that This Hadith is weak

I was wondering, are these accurate?
    Ask Sheikh Abu Musab/Darul Ilm,

He can confirm if the hadith is weak or not,
    From what I've heard we should be sleeping on our side not our bellies
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)