Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

What does it mean half our 'deen'?

Why is marriage half our deen? What does deen even mean in this sense...

Is there any other way to fulfil all of our 'deen' without marrying? cause i don't intend on ever marrying. (Don't try and convince me to).

It can't be that important can it, jeez.
    Last edited by Loki.; 13-09-17 at 10:25 PM.

Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)

Re: What does it mean half our 'deen'?

Loki brother, if you don't want marraige no one will force.Just focus on yourself and your purpose. A lot of great muslims never got married.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Loki brother, if you don't want marraige no one will force.Just focus on yourself and your purpose. A lot of great muslims never got married.
    How can i fulfil all of my deen without being tied down?

One Love
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    602 Post(s)

to me half our deen means it is big part of ur religion/life and therefore very important and i agree for these reasons.

1. keeps one away from zina
    2. mentally healthy because u have a partner to share good times bad times
    3. raise muslim kids and keep ummah growing
    4. help stay on the right path and give ur life structure

there are many more benefits u can google. obviously there are also minus but concept is if u follow the rules it should be beneficial and healthy. its not compulsory so u dont have to marry.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

We get it ... You don't want to be married, that is fine ...

However, please stop making threads and posts about it. It is almost as if you are trying to convince yourself more than us.

If you cannot see the wisdom in the teachings of the Sunnah, the least you can do is to remain silent and not slander like you just did.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    It is almost as if you are trying to convince yourself more than us.
    Not almost. That's exactly what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Before I married, I did everything I could to try and learn to love Allah SWT over myself.

When I married I realized that before I had children I didn't have a clue what it really means to love somebody more than myself.

Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

fulfilling half your deen does NOT mean if you don't marry your deen is somehow incomplete. What it really means is that what your deen teaches and demands of you in terms of rights and ahkam majority of which are related to marriage and raising a family so if you get that right yuo have fulfilled half your deen,.
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
    fulfilling half your deen does NOT mean if you don't marry your deen is somehow incomplete. What it really means is that what your deen teaches and demands of you in terms of rights and ahkam majority of which are related to marriage and raising a family so if you get that right yuo have fulfilled half your deen,.
    Someone with a decent answer. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually Its a great Question,, And thanks to you brother Hassaan for your answer
    Its me Lamia Karmi Egyptian teacher Of Quran to non-arabic muslim sisters and kids online for a fee
    Experience 5 years in a lot of Quran academies
    Saving The Holy Quran, Ijaza in rewayat 'asem,Ijaza in Gazarya and Tajweed
    My Skype ID: quran.servant.lamia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki. View Post

Is there any other way to fulfil all of our 'deen' without marrying? cause i don't intend on ever marrying. (Don't try and convince me to).

You shouldn't worry too much about that, you can focus on fulfilling the other half of the deen that most seems to forget.

Not sure what is your reason not to marry but if that can make you feel better, some scholars never married, Imam Nawawi (rahimullah) was one one them.
    When he was told that marriage was a Sunnah. He said: "I may do this one Sunnah, but by doing it you may be doing many forbidden things. If that recommended act leads you to not doing other acts that are compulsory then it is better not to do that recommended act."
    Basically, the reason he did not get married was his love for knowledge and the heavy responsibility on the husband to fulfill of the rights as well as the number of obligations on the husband. He focused on fulfilling correctly 'the 1st half of the deen".

Btw, fulfilling half your deen would be imo fulfilling (or at least striving to) your spouse rights, your obligations as a spouse and parent for the legal part and show compassion, understanding, and mercy for the spiritual part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The word Deen.
    In its true meaning, if translated, it would mean 'what' we you do day-in and day-out". Deen is routine. Something, anything, done repeatedly = Deen.

Nikah is half the Deen probably because it has so many trials, and it reform us. It requires sacrifice, sincerity, truth & honesty, patience & persistence (i.e. Sabr), and it requires you to follow as well as lead. All of these things are what life is all about.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Confidante View Post
    The word Deen.
    In its true meaning, if translated, it would mean 'what' we you do day-in and day-out". Deen is routine. Something, anything, done repeatedly = Deen.

Nikah is half the Deen probably because it has so many trials, and it reform us. It requires sacrifice, sincerity, truth & honesty, patience & persistence (i.e. Sabr), and it requires you to follow as well as lead. All of these things are what life is all about.
    So does abstinence, except it requires more. It is for the most patient ones. I would prefer celibacy over a women. If you can abstain from lustful urges marriage wont be obligitary for you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)

Half the seen is figure of speech in my opinion.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)

Lol why have you chosen the name of a scandinavian god

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itsgiise View Post
    Lol why have you chosen the name of a scandinavian god
    I've been asked this, I didn't know and who cares? Loki is just a better version of LOWKEY. simples.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

Good companionship is key in islam, if you dont have muslims around your iman will sink this is normal,if you are married you live together with someone who cared about you and obvioudly cares about your akhira, if you feel depressed they will remind you of Allah, when you are happy they will remind you of Allah, you will motivate eachother to become a better muslim and this is a big deal in a muslims life
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aynina View Post
    Good companionship is key in islam, if you dont have muslims around your iman will sink this is normal,if you are married you live together with someone who cared about you and obvioudly cares about your akhira, if you feel depressed they will remind you of Allah, when you are happy they will remind you of Allah, you will motivate eachother to become a better muslim and this is a big deal in a muslims life
    Tell that to my parents who fight all the time, my mother being the instigator every time. I'm sure they would be better muslims if they didn't have eachother and got a divorce but no. They are stuck because of their children.

Like I said before, religious people are rare and even they fornicate. Then the time of marriage comes and they lie about how clean they are because 'they asked for forgiveness and Allah forgave them' Not fair for the abstinent people. Shame that they probably won't even be exposed on the day of judgement and the bearer of that end (The abstinent partner) won't even get compensated for getting a used leftover partner.

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

Tell that to my parents who fight all the time, my mother being the instigator every time. I'm sure they would be better muslims if they didn't have eachother and got a divorce but no. They are stuck because of their children.

Like I said before, religious people are rare and even they fornicate. Then the time of marriage comes and they lie about how clean they are because 'they asked for forgiveness and Allah forgave them' Not fair for the abstinent people. Shame that they probably won't even be exposed on the day of judgement and the bearer of that end (The abstinent partner) won't even get compensated for getting a used leftover partner.
    Shame that they wont be exposed? If Allah says they should they will and if Allah says they shouldnt then they wont so u find Allahs choises a shame?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Shame that they wont be exposed? If Allah says they should they will and if Allah says they shouldnt then they wont so u find Allahs choises a shame?
    I don't think it's fair for fornicators to fornicate and then lie about it to potential spouses who abstain for their entire lives just to be thrown in the dirt with a filthy hedonist. Are you a fornicator? If not then Why are you defending them?

I don't think it's fair, do you? If their sins are hidden, surely the chaste spouse should get a reward for being given trash in this life? No?

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

I don't think it's fair for fornicators to fornicate and then lie about it to potential spouses who abstain for their entire lives just to be thrown in the dirt with a filthy hedonist. Are you a fornicator? If not then Why are you defending them?

I don't think it's fair, do you? If their sins are hidden, surely the chaste spouse should get a reward for being given trash in this life? No?
    So Umar ibn al khattab should be exposed for having been an idol worshipper too and there are so many other examples subhanAllah u need to learn about ur religion before u say such horrible things about your own lord

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

Why do you want them to get exposed if they repented? SubhanAllah, you're acting like they're trash because they commited that sin. They can be a thousand times better than any one of us if they repent. You shouldn't have such a nasty attitude towards your brothers and sisters, they're only human. How can you look down on them for something Allah has forgiven them for?

You don't have to commit that sin to not look down on Muslims who fell into that. You should be ashamed of yourself for speaking to Aynina like that and thinking of those Muslims as trash.
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 21-09-17 at 06:50 PM.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

So Umar ibn al khattab should be exposed for having been an idol worshipper too and there are so many other examples subhanAllah u need to learn about ur religion before u say such horrible things about your own lord
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm done with you. 'Talking horrible things about your lord', Where?

Umar was an idol worshipper before he became a muslim, after reverting, your sins are wiped away are they not? That's completely different to a muslim fornicator who knew the rules beforehand and still was hedonistic enough to do it.

Let me rephrase that, Fornicators do not deserve chaste people, there. Happy?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    Why do you want them to get exposed if they repented? SubhanAllah, you're acting like they're trash because they commited that sin. They can be a thousand times better than any one of us if they repent. You shouldn't have such a nasty attitude towards your brothers and sisters, they're only human. How can you look down on them for something Allah has forgiven them for?

You don't have to commit that sin to have this attitude towards Muslims who did that. You should be ashamed of yourself for speaking to Aynina like that.
    Ok maybe I should commit zina and then ask for forgiveness because that's basically your mentality.

Do you think chaste spouses deserve a reward for getting married with a fornicator without knowing?

Also would you ever marry a fornicator if you were a virgin?

Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9178 Post(s)

What the hell are you talking about? I'm done with you. 'Talking horrible things about your lord', Where?

Umar was an idol worshipper before he became a muslim, after reverting, your sins are wiped away are they not? That's completely different to a muslim fornicator who knew the rules beforehand and still was hedonistic enough to do it.

Let me rephrase that, Fornicators do not deserve chaste people, there. Happy?
    No im not happy , cus aparently according to you some people dont deserve the mercy of Allah but dont bother replying ur making me angry

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)

Ok maybe I should commit zina and then ask for forgiveness because that's basically your mentality.

Do you think chaste spouses deserve a reward for getting married with a fornicator without knowing?
    No it's not. I am saying you should not look down on them for something they repented for, that's arrogant. Committing that sin is awful, no doubt about it, but if they repented and Allah forgave them, why think of them as lowly for that? Sinning with the intention if repenting is not something I advocate.

Allah will give them what they deserve. I don't have an opinion on this.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    No it's not. I am saying you should not look down on them for something they repented for, that's arrogant. Committing that sin is awful, no doubt about it, but if they repented and Allah forgave them, why think of them as lowly for that? Sinning with the intention if repenting is not something I advocate.

Allah will give them what they deserve. I don't have an opinion on this.
    Either the fornicator should be punished or if they are forgiven, the chaste spouse should be rewarded. I think that's fair, but since Allah is the 'Most just' Im expecting a lot more for the chaste one.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

No im not happy , cus aparently according to you some people dont deserve the mercy of Allah but dont bother replying ur making me angry
    When a person backbites about a person, Allah does not forgive that person UNTIL the person who was backbitten about forgives them first.

So based off that, why should Allah forgive a person who lies about their virginity at the time of marriage, because they are basically cheating a person and taking away their right to find someone who fits their criteria. I see it as the same thing. If you fornicate, then when it comes to the time of marriage, don't lie about it and cover it up with "Oh I'm only just covering up my sins". Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1682 Post(s)

The purpose of this thread is lost, no thanks to the threadstarter.