Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Warning: Binaural beats, audios that increase brain activity

Assalamo alaikum all,

I am new to this forum and would like to share something that I experienced personally to make others aware of the dangers of these new methods of self-hypnosis.

There are several free audios available on youtube etc which claim to help with productivity, titled self hypnosis, alpha or beta brain wave stimulators, adhd relief, mind focus, isochronic tones, subliminal messages for focus, subliminal messages(usually the person lists the subliminal messages in their video description that will be in it) for creativity and learning etc.

I am a physician(just fyi because I am not making this up) and have a huge exam coming up and in the past few months I was desperately trying to cram a lot in a short period of time. I had a lot going on, and was quite depressed as well. My learning capacity was pretty low. So out of desperation and suggestion of a colleague who is a psychiatrist I tried a few of these while studying and initially it was awesome results. I was focused and learnt a lot. I stuck to the ones that had no music. However the happiness was short lived as I experienced a lot of after effects. I went into major depression soon afterwards. Had to go on meds too. Right when this happened I stopped listening to these. I had brain fog, severe migraines and weeping spells. To this day, the brain fog is there and I have a hard time recalling stuff besides being absent minded.

Scientifically, these audios stimulate the left and right hemispheres and increase focus and learning ability by bringing your brain in the alpha or beta wave pattern of electrical activity. That's when your brain is awake(beta) and consolidates memories(alpha). The point is that this stuff is dangerous, it affects the brain and might even be a gateway for things to settle in the brain. I would not suggest listening to any such audios no matter how reputable the source. Or any hypnotherapist for that matter, it would be giving control of your brain to someone else and not knowing what he/she is programming you with. Similar techniques have been implicated in television and popular media where hypnotic suggestions are used to inculcate a certain way of thinking, behavior etc. I just don't know what possessed me (no pun intended here) to listen to this. I must have really been desperate.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this stuff?

Does this method summon entities? I found out that yogis and hypnotists use similar states of the human mind to create effects on their subjects, some use the jinn to bring about physical relief to symptoms.

Any input would be appreciated.

PS. I am NOT into conspiracy theories but there definitely is a dark, occult past (and present) to psychology/psychiatry as these sciences were developed without any spiritual/religious perspective.
    Last edited by neemhakeem; 13-09-17 at 01:11 PM.

Thunder and lightning european muslim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

Re: Warning: Binaural beats, audios that increase brain activity

Quote Originally Posted by neemhakeem View Post
    Assalamo alaikum all,

I am new to this forum and would like to share something that I experienced personally to make others aware of the dangers of these new methods of self-hypnosis.

There are several free audios available on youtube etc which claim to help with productivity, titled self hypnosis, alpha or beta brain wave stimulators, adhd relief, mind focus, isochronic tones, subliminal messages for focus, subliminal messages(usually the person lists the subliminal messages in their video description that will be in it) for creativity and learning etc.

I am a physician(just fyi because I am not making this up) and have a huge exam coming up and in the past few months I was desperately trying to cram a lot in a short period of time. I had a lot going on, and was quite depressed as well. My learning capacity was pretty low. So out of desperation and suggestion of a colleague who is a psychiatrist I tried a few of these while studying and initially it was awesome results. I was focused and learnt a lot. I stuck to the ones that had no music. However the happiness was short lived as I experienced a lot of after effects. I went into major depression soon afterwards. Had to go on meds too. Right when this happened I stopped listening to these. I had brain fog, severe migraines and weeping spells. To this day, the brain fog is there and I have a hard time recalling stuff besides being absent minded.

Scientifically, these audios stimulate the left and right hemispheres and increase focus and learning ability by bringing your brain in the alpha or beta wave pattern of electrical activity. That's when your brain is awake(beta) and consolidates memories(alpha). The point is that this stuff is dangerous, it affects the brain and might even be a gateway for things to settle in the brain. I would not suggest listening to any such audios no matter how reputable the source. Or any hypnotherapist for that matter, it would be giving control of your brain to someone else and not knowing what he/she is programming you with. Similar techniques have been implicated in television and popular media where hypnotic suggestions are used to inculcate a certain way of thinking, behavior etc. I just don't know what possessed me (no pun intended here) to listen to this. I must have really been desperate.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this stuff?

Does this method summon entities? I found out that yogis and hypnotists use similar states of the human mind to create effects on their subjects, some use the jinn to bring about physical relief to symptoms.

Any input would be appreciated.

PS. I am NOT into conspiracy theories but there definitely is a dark, occult past (and present) to psychology/psychiatry as these sciences were developed without any spiritual/religious perspective.
    Personally i would stay clear of all that hypnosis yoga stuff.
    I think yoga has its origins in hinduism and the poses and chants are said to be channeling spirits (read jinn).
    As to hypnosis you are making yourself vulnerable by having someone messing with your mind, possibly opening up ways for the jinn to posses you.
    Wa Allahu a3lam.
    And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by european muslim View Post
    Personally i would stay clear of all that hypnosis yoga stuff.
    I think yoga has its origins in hinduism and the poses and chants are said to be channeling spirits (read jinn).
    As to hypnosis you are making yourself vulnerable by having someone messing with your mind, possibly opening up ways for the jinn to posses you.
    Wa Allahu a3lam.
    A woman came for ruqya and she had previously consulted a hypnotist.
    The hypnotist convinced her she was abused as a baby by her father.
    She broke the ties between her and her parents.
    Off course it was the jinn possesing her playing tricks on the hypnotist.
    And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

A woman came for ruqya and she had previously consulted a hypnotist.
    The hypnotist convinced her she was abused as a baby by her father.
    She broke the ties between her and her parents.
    Off course it was the jinn possesing her playing tricks on the hypnotist.

I agree.

On another occasion I was approached by a lady here in Pakistan (where shirk and bid'ah are quite rampant due to lack of knowledge) this lady was highly educated, appeared very religious, did hijab and abaya etc and offered courses in self development. I was interested in knowing what she could offer in terms of being more organized and productive. When I skyped with her, she tried to convince me to get hypnosis, reiki and some other subconscious mumbo jumbo and the ticket price was very high. I told her that I cannot afford it, so she started convincing me to sell off something like jewelry to pay her. The technique she used was like the broken record, she kept on repeating it. And I eventually hung up on her. She even quoted verses from the Quran.

Back in my jahiliyya days I was trying to become physically fit and tried yoga from a book written by an Indian dude, a master yogi. Well, now I know that the stuff they do are actually salutations to the Sun god or some other deities that I didn't know of. Some hindu hypnotists use sanskrit incantations to probably summon devils and that's how some of them are able to walk on fire etc and show excessive resilience like prolonged starvation etc. Alhamdulillah I couldn't do the yoga for very long due to my study schedules

Sh. Hamza Yusuf (if you're familiar with him) says in many of his talks that these deities that hindus worship were probably some ifreet or jinn that they ended up worshipping. Wallahualam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

On another occasion I was approached by a lady here in Pakistan (where shirk and bid'ah are quite rampant due to lack of knowledge) this lady was highly educated, appeared very religious, did hijab and abaya etc and offered courses in self development. I was interested in knowing what she could offer in terms of being more organized and productive. When I skyped with her, she tried to convince me to get hypnosis, reiki and some other subconscious mumbo jumbo and the ticket price was very high. I told her that I cannot afford it, so she started convincing me to sell off something like jewelry to pay her. The technique she used was like the broken record, she kept on repeating it. And I eventually hung up on her. She even quoted verses from the Quran.
    People like these are so rampant where I live, and it's disappointing to see that learned people actually fall for them. There was this woman my grandma told me about who woke up one morning with 'healing powers' and people with severe illnesses went to her(and they payed a lot) for help. Last I herad, she got ill and has problems; something wrong with her urinary system I think and she has to wear an adult nappy!
    In terms of ruqyah and healing, it should all be from the Quraan or Sunnah, and it should be CLEAR and STRAIGHTFORWARD, even though it may be time consuming. Never agree to anything you're unsure of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sapphire View Post
    People like these are so rampant where I live, and it's disappointing to see that learned people actually fall for them. There was this woman my grandma told me about who woke up one morning with 'healing powers' and people with severe illnesses went to her(and they payed a lot) for help. Last I herad, she got ill and has problems; something wrong with her urinary system I think and she has to wear an adult nappy!
    In terms of ruqyah and healing, it should all be from the Quraan or Sunnah, and it should be CLEAR and STRAIGHTFORWARD, even though it may be time consuming. Never agree to anything you're unsure of.
    Definitely. There are so many frauds out there that it makes one doubt their own sanity. I am thankful for the little knowledge I have..but what about folks that don't use the internet or don't know much about their deen to begin with? There are famous mosques here where they have ruqya departments and they will give you talismans and taweedh instead of sunnah treatment. There are so called shuyookh who give out these grids with numbers and the pretext is again the same that it's from the quran, even though it is numerology.

PS For those who don't know Reiki is also shirk based. No matter how much they sugar coat it, it's some kind of devil worship or summoning. I can not accept any of these new age stuff, call me old fashioned, but astral projection, reiki, people who claim to open the third eye...all too murky for me. That energy, or light or whatever they summon is not so holy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

Definitely. There are so many frauds out there that it makes one doubt their own sanity. I am thankful for the little knowledge I have..but what about folks that don't use the internet or don't know much about their deen to begin with? There are famous mosques here where they have ruqya departments and they will give you talismans and taweedh instead of sunnah treatment. There are so called shuyookh who give out these grids with numbers and the pretext is again the same that it's from the quran, even though it is numerology.

PS For those who don't know Reiki is also shirk based. No matter how much they sugar coat it, it's some kind of devil worship or summoning. I can not accept any of these new age stuff, call me old fashioned, but astral projection, reiki, people who claim to open the third eye...all too murky for me. That energy, or light or whatever they summon is not so holy.
    If a "sheikh" gives you a grid with letters or symbols in it then he is a sorcerer and gave you written sihr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

If a "sheikh" gives you a grid with letters or symbols in it then he is a sorcerer and gave you written sihr.
    of course. But try telling that to a person who is not educated, doesn't know much quran and wants to get better with the word of Allah. They won't believe you, they will believe the "sheikh". I know a person who comes to my mom's house to clean etc and she is young, and wears a big fat taweez. I asked her about it and apparently she was afflicted by something that scared her at night all the time. so her parents took her to such and such person who gave her a talisman. It cured her. of course we all know how that works. I tried so hard to explain to her, but this girl doesn't even know the muawwidhatain. Anyways, that one is a work in progress....

On a happier note, in the couple of years I managed to convince a cousin of mine to remove his "protection" taweez.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

On a happier note, in the couple of years I managed to convince a cousin of mine to remove his "protection" taweez.
    Alhamdoelillah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Alhamdoelillah

Alhamdulillah indeed. He's 26 and had worn it most of his life. After telling him what it is in reality, I challenged him to open it and see what is inside...but he decided to stop wearing it.

Then there are these "syed shuyookh" that do mass ruqya kind of like those gospel gatherings where people are healed. here it's mostly uneducated, well some educated people too that attend such events. These so called healers make tons of money through donations, people looking for protection, solving problems and salvation even sometimes flock to their events.