Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Muslim Confused about Islam

Salam Walikum

I am a Muslim by birth, however lately i have been very confused about Islam so much so that i don't feel like following Islam anymore. I have few questions of which i cant get any satisfactory answers from anywhere and they are confusing me very much.Can any brother/sister here help me. I want to discuss with a person who has in depth knowledge of Islam. please don't say go to your local mosque because most of my questions are some what controversial and where i live one can easily be labelled as blasphemer or kafir for questioning anything about Islam. Please i would request anyone to help me.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Re: Muslim Confused about Islam

Post your questions here and we will do our best to assist/answer them (within reason).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Wa alaykum salam. Islam is not a religion of blind faith, we call to Allah with knowledge.

"Say, "This is my way; I invite to Allah with insight, I and those who follow me. And exalted is Allah ; and I am not of those who associate others with Him." (Surah 12:108).

Post your questions here and we will answer it one by one inshallah.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rustamkhan View Post
    Salam Walikum

I am a Muslim by birth, however lately i have been very confused about Islam so much so that i don't feel like following Islam anymore. I have few questions of which i cant get any satisfactory answers from anywhere and they are confusing me very much.Can any brother/sister here help me. I want to discuss with a person who has in depth knowledge of Islam. please don't say go to your local mosque because most of my questions are some what controversial and where i live one can easily be labelled as blasphemer or kafir for questioning anything about Islam. Please i would request anyone to help me.
    وعليكم السلام ورحمه الله وبركاته
    Post here akhi
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Jazakallah for your willingness to answer my questions,.

So my first question is to what extent does Islam allows freedom of religion. If a person decides to follow any other religion or no religion at all after being born and raised as muslim and living in an islamic country. Is he allowed to make this choice of his freewill.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

So my first question is to what extent does Islam allows freedom of religion. If a person decides to follow any other religion or no religion at all after being born and raised as muslim and living in an islamic country. Is he allowed to make this choice of his freewill.
    Your talking about Apostating, leaving Islam after having accepted it,

That is not allowed. It is treason against Allah عز و جل and breaking of the oath/Shahada that the individual took.

There are rules and regulations. An individual can't Willy nilly enter Islam and leave at will without facing the consequences.

Similarly if you became a citizen of a nation, you have rules to adhere to, you can't expect the freedom to break laws,

Islam does not condone Anarchism,

In an Islamic country the law is the Shariah of Allah عز و جل
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

1) Firstly, we have define an "Islamic" country. An "Islamic" country is not Taghut Saudi nor Taghut Iran or any other Muslim country. An Islamic country is a country that rules only by Islam, Allah said:

A) And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.(Surah 16:36).

B) Have you not seen those who claim to have believed in what was revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you? They wish to refer legislation to Taghut, while they were commanded to reject it; and Satan wishes to lead them far astray.And when it is said to them, "Come to what Allah has revealed and to the Messenger," you see the hypocrites turning away from you in aversion.

2) Secondly, you have to define a criteria for yourself when it comes to judging Islam and it has to be a global criteria, otherwise your opinion is only as good as the next person:

A) Say, "Then bring a scripture from Allah which is more guiding than either of them(The Quran and the original Torah) that I may follow it, if you should be truthful." But if they do not respond to you - then know that they only follow their [own] desires. And who is more astray than one who follows his desire without guidance from Allah ? Indeed, Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people. (Surah 28:49-50).

3) Lastly to answer your question, Islam allows freedom of religion:

A) There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.(Surah 2:256).

However, Islam is different from all of the other religions. It is the natural state(fitrah) that Allah created all people.

B) And when your Lord took from the children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [saying to them], "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we have testified." [This] - lest you should say on the day of Resurrection, "Indeed, we were of this unaware."(Surah 7:172).

C) So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah . That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.(Surah 30:30).

In an Islamic country, Allah has ordered us to kill apostates: There is no way we will allow a Muslim who knew Allah to start worshiping the creations or himself:

D) And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him (Surah 12:106).

E) Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? (Surah 45:23)

F) They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them." (Surah 4:88-89).
    Last edited by Calender121438; 14-09-17 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calender121438 View Post
    1) Firstly, we have define an "Islamic" country. An "Islamic" country is not Taghut Saudi or any other Muslim country..
    I have a feeling your own home is not run by 100% shariah. Should we refer to you and ur home as a taghut?

Little kids like yourself running around the internet giving fataawa without any fear of Allâh whatsoever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by {Muslim} View Post
    I have a feeling your own home is not run by 100% shariah. Should we refer to you and ur home as a taghut?

Little kids like yourself running around the internet giving fataawa without any fear of Allâh whatsoever.
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lly-mushrikeen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Your talking about Apostating, leaving Islam after having accepted it,

That is not allowed. It is treason against Allah عز و جل and breaking of the oath/Shahada that the individual took.

There are rules and regulations. An individual can't Willy nilly enter Islam and leave at will without facing the consequences.

Similarly if you became a citizen of a nation, you have rules to adhere to, you can't expect the freedom to break laws,

Islam does not condone Anarchism,

In an Islamic country the law is the Shariah of Allah عز و جل
    It's true that when you become citizen of a nation, you have to follow its rules but no nation/country forces you to remain in that country. for example many people from Asian countries migrate to European countries. it does not mean that Asian countries should start killing them. secondly majority of Muslims in world were born as Muslims so they entered Islam by birth. so if someone decides after growing up that they dont want to follow Islam or follow any other religion then why should they be punished for it when they did not accept Islam themselves rather they were born as Muslims.
    Lastly if we support punishing people who leave Islam because they have committed "Treason". then the same theory can be used by non muslim countries against people who accept islam in their countries. There are thousands of converts to islam in europe and america, what if these countries started punishing these individuals because they were born as Christians and committed "Treason" by becoming Muslims.
    I am going to conclude by saying that if we genuinely believe that islam is the true religion then why should we feel threatened if a bunch of people decide to leave islam.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2266 Post(s)

Imagine if your brother your uncle your mum and your dad died in numerous different battles and fighting to bring you something and a few years down the line you say "hmmm I'm confused about this I'm not sure if I want it anymore"

Sad times...
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

It's true that when you become citizen of a nation, you have to follow its rules but no nation/country forces you to remain in that country. for example many people from Asian countries migrate to European countries. it does not mean that Asian countries should start killing them. secondly majority of Muslims in world were born as Muslims so they entered Islam by birth. so if someone decides after growing up that they dont want to follow Islam or follow any other religion then why should they be punished for it when they did not accept Islam themselves rather they were born as Muslims.
    Lastly if we support punishing people who leave Islam because they have committed "Treason". then the same theory can be used by non muslim countries against people who accept islam in their countries. There are thousands of converts to islam in europe and america, what if these countries started punishing these individuals because they were born as Christians and committed "Treason" by becoming Muslims.
    I am going to conclude by saying that if we genuinely believe that islam is the true religion then why should we feel threatened if a bunch of people decide to leave islam.

I know this issue of apostasy can be difficult to accept, especially for people who have doubts.

But you got to start thinking according to Islam teaches, as a Muslim, not as someone that has been influenced by western way of thinking of what is right and wrong and by the standards of non muslims.

If you believe in Allah , then you accept that what is right and wrong , is determined by him alone. If Allah has said something, then it is right, regardless of what we may think and what rationale against it we may come up with in our own mind. Its not easy to change ur way of thinking like this, it can be hard.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Your not forced to remain in the country,

Talk about throwing a red herring

No nation allows freedom to break laws, and some people expect Allah tala to allow them to break the Shariah without consequences

Facepalm

Every nation has a punishment for treason,

Allah عز و جل ordained the punishment for treason Against him in Islam,

Wether you like it not is a moot point.

Our likes and dislikes don't make anything right or wrong,
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 16-09-17 at 02:51 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Your not forced to remain in the country,

Talk about throwing a red herring

No nation allows freedom to break laws, and some people expect Allah tala to allow them to break the Shariah without consequences

Facepalm

Every nation has a punishment for treason,

Allah عز و جل ordained the punishment for treason Against him in Islam,

Wether you like it not is a moot point.

Our likes and dislikes don't make anything right or wrong,
    What is treason???? huh. If a pakistani decides to leave pakistan and get settled in UK is that treason to you.

and talk about laws, yeah if you live in any country you have to follow the laws. but every sane country allows you speak against laws/ policies of the land and not kill you for it.
    and if you dont like the laws of the country you always have the option to migirate to a another country. no country would kill you for leaving it right.

and if leaving islam is treason against allah, then leaving chiristainity is treason against jesus and leaving hinduism is treason against krishna/ram.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

What is treason???? huh. If a pakistani decides to leave pakistan and get settled in UK is that treason to you.

and talk about laws, yeah if you live in any country you have to follow the laws. but every sane country allows you speak against laws/ policies of the land and not kill you for it.
    and if you dont like the laws of the country you always have the option to migirate to a another country. no country would kill you for leaving it right.

and if leaving islam is treason against allah, then leaving chiristainity is treason against jesus and leaving hinduism is treason against krishna/ram.
    1) That is the problem, you are treating Islam like it is no different than any other thing. If you think Islam is the truth, then you shouldn't do that:

"For that is Allah , your Lord, the Truth. And what can be beyond truth except error? So how are you averted?" (Surah 10:32).

2) Islam is also a State. It is against spreading corruption, and what is a bigger corruption than fighting against Islam? There were many hypocrites in the time of the Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him), Islam punishes apostasy for publicizing it.

In a secular State, it is okay to insult Allah and His Messengers, do you really think that an Islamic State would allow this?

You really need to fix your criteria. Disbelievers merely follow their desires.
    Last edited by Calender121438; 17-09-17 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calender121438 View Post
    1) That is the problem, you are treating Islam like it is no different than any other thing. If you think Islam is the truth, then you shouldn't do that:

"For that is Allah , your Lord, the Truth. And what can be beyond truth except error? So how are you averted?" (Surah 10:32).

2) Islam is also a State. It is against spreading corruption, and what is a bigger corruption than fighting against Islam? There were many hypocrites in the time of the Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him), Islam punishes apostasy for publicizing it.

In a secular State, it is okay to insult Allah and His Messengers, do you really think that an Islamic State would allow this?

You really need to fix your criteria. Disbelievers merely follow their desires.
    Hi, was it not you that chose to use the example of countries?

By using the example of " if you leave a country" to "if you leave islam"
    Last edited by Zass; 18-09-17 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zass View Post
    Hi, was it not you that chose to use the example of countries?

By using the example of " if you leave a country" to "if you leave islam"
    No, it was not me.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)

An Apostate can leave a Muslim country and that's more welcomed and that's not treated as treason (unless he betrays and causes harm to those muslims ) so that he will not be chased or followed to that country where he takes asylum or he can live there as a hypocrite (may be Allah may give him eemaan later ) which is also allowed iow not exposing his Apostasy
    Last edited by talibilm09; 21-09-17 at 03:29 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talibilm09 View Post
    An Apostate can leave a Muslim country and that's more welcomed and that's not treated as treason (unless he betrays and causes harm to those muslims ) so that he will not be chased or followed to that country where he takes asylum or he can live there as a hypocrite (may be Allah may give him eemaan later ) which is also allowed iow not exposing his Apostasy
    Why should he leave his country???

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)

Why should he leave his country???
    I answered your claim that his leaving his country is not a treason.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Your correct that someone born into a muslim family has not technically accepted islam so there is no issue of apostasy. Regarding someone who was not muslim, then accepted islam, then later decided they did not want to be muslim, It is upto the muslim ruler to decide what action, if any at all, is necessary depending on the situation and how it will impact on the wider community as a whole. When islam was in its infancy, some jews of medina, whose opinions were highly regarded by the arabs, concocted a plan to initially accept islam then reject it shortly after in an attempt to sow doubts in the hearts of the muslims, In this context it was decided that such antics would be punishable by death to put an end to their game.
    Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”