Ads by Muslim Ad Network

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Slander & Name-Calling on the Forum

As-Salamu Alaykum,

It has been my experience lately on the forum that some members are permitted to name-call and say false things about members, yet nothing happens to the posts or the person doing so.

On the other hand, the forum seems to act quickly to suspend or ban other members guilty of the same offenses.

Also, clearly name-calling and slander, aside from being against the forum rules, are patently off-topic in nature. Yet these types of posts are allowed to muddy discussions at times. Shouldn't these types of posts be moved to separate threads as well?

But think about how that would look- a separate thread for name-calling and slandering a member on the forum?

There appear to be selective applications of the forum rules. When the name-calling and slander is done by a "moderate" Muslim on the forum, there seems to be a lot more leeway and tolerance.

When the name-calling and slander is done by a Muslim perceived to be "extreme" or supportive of Jihad and Muslim fighting groups, then the suspensions and bans come quick and without warning.

My guess is that those who hate and oppose Muslims they perceive as "extreme" are much quicker to report members they disagree with and are guilty of name-calling or mentioning unsavory things about members. Whereas those perceived as "extreme" are more tolerant and less likely to report a post.

This is me giving the forum the benefit of the doubt on the matter.

However, I've reported a few posts in the last 24 hours in which I was slandered or name-called and the post was not edited, nor the person banned/suspended.

While I've watched as a member mentioned accurate things about a popular member, though unsavory, and they were quickly banned/suspended and their posts edited.

This leads me to think that there is an inconsistent application of the forum rules which favors those perceived as "moderate" Muslims.

This needs to change if the forum is be a place that is welcoming to Muslims from all viewpoints and equally protective of the honor of Muslims regardless of their perspectives.

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Re: Slander & Name-Calling on the Forum

It's pretty much official- leveling personal attacks against individuals that admins and mods disagree with is allowed.

The slightest mention of personal information shared by a member that the admins and mods agree with or generally like, in a negative manner is not allowed.

Welcome to "Ummah Forums" where "moderate" Muslims are free to attack and slander "extremist" Muslims but not vice-versa.

Ummah
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

You seem to have a short memory, double standards, or both.

Or were you not the one who made the assumptions, accusations and slander here?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...m-Scholar-quot

Or is it not slander when you do it and only slander when done to you?

Maybe you need to do some introspection, and think that if the moderators are really as you claim, then why were you not banned back then already?

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moderators View Post
    You seem to have a short memory, double standards, or both.

Or were you not the one who made the assumptions, accusations and slander here?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...m-Scholar-quot

Or is it not slander when you do it and only slander when done to you?

Maybe you need to do some introspection, and think that if the moderators are really as you claim, then why were you not banned back then already?
    Pray tell- exactly where in that thread did I slander anyone?

Go ahead, use the quote function. That's what it's for. No need to make up things and point to a link.

Ummah
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuNajm View Post
    Pray tell- exactly where in that thread did I slander anyone?

Go ahead, use the quote function. That's what it's for. No need to make up things and point to a link.
    The fact that you can't see it, I think that kind of says it all.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moderators View Post
    The fact that you can't see it, I think that kind of says it all.
    To be fair he didn't resort to insults when speaking about asharis
    To disagree isn't exactly slander, although it could be considered slandered to those who see them upon the truth

Guess it boils down to who one follows
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

First you got the hump because I mentioned the only qualified Alim we have in the forum is Abu Musab,

Then If I recall correctly didn't you claim to be a scholar or at their level because you been with scholars, even though you never studied under an Alim, AbuNajm?

And you did Slander when you claimed anyone who says this can't be an Alim...

"For example it is compulsory for every muslim to know that there is nothing like Allaah “Laysa kamithlihi shay..”, but people who have not learnt `Aqeedah are unaware of that, so they believe wrong things like Allaah having physical limbs and sitting on the `Arsh (throne) etc, Na`oodhubillahi Min Dhaalik."

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7427700

Playing the victim doesn't help your case
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-09-17 at 08:16 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

90279-054
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abufulaans View Post
    To be fair he didn't resort to insults when speaking about asharis
    To disagree isn't exactly slander, although it could be considered slandered to those who see them upon the truth

Guess it boils down to who one follows
    "Slander" is to say something about someone that is not true and "name-calling" is what it is.

If I've broken the rules, then I should be warned, suspended or banned. I have no problem with that.

However, I've reported several posts in which someone definitely did both and nothing is being done about it.

Either there are rules to this forum or there aren't. I see the rules being applied to certain types of Muslims, but not to others. That's the problem.

We all lose out eventually, when rules are not applied equally.

There are way too many insulting, immature, slanderous and ignorant people on this forum so perhaps the reason for not applying the rules evenly is partly because there wouldn't be any members left if they did.

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    936 Post(s)

Ive been accused of creating threads I have never created, accused of doing something I have never done, have been repeadtly attacked using previous post that i made years ago.

The same people when I get sick and make the mistake of doing the same thing jump into whatever mod they can jump into to complain...

guess you gotta buddy up with mods aroubd here.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.