Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 73 of 73
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    As salaam... starting uni in one week

    As salaamu alaykum respected and beloved brothers and sisters in Islam (as well as in humanity for those who aren't Muslims, but I pray you are able to taste the fruit of faith). I hope your Imans are strong, health is good and you are all spiritually healthy.

    Before I begin with this, I want to state that I don't usually post online or do this sort of thing, but curiosity and the desire to seek council from potentially wiser and more intelligent believing beings were urging me to go ahead. And like Ali (RA) once said; "To seek council is to go to the fountain of guidance." May Allah SWT elevate his status, what a great virtuous and knowledgable being man.

    So I'm starting university insh'Allah within one week andI want to state the problems troubling me.

    Firstly, this isn't my first time starting university. I started university before, but due to extreme family circumstances (i mean EXTREME like domestic abuse and family on the verge of destruction), I suspended my studies after my first term. Alhamdulillah by the immense grace of my Lord, the problems have been resolved and so I decided upon my return to uni that why not start a fresh course (now Buisness Management). So yeah, that's all done and decided, now I'm waiting to start.. But here is what I really hated about uni:

    The first thing, the level of arrogance, ignorance and disgusting characteristics I witnessed among the majority of people (I'm talking about brothers here, sisters. Please don't wrongly feel offended). I mean, I started university with an open mind, a fresh perspective and I had a great desire to actually socialise and meet the 'friends for life' my cousins kept chatting on about, but I experienced horrific negativity and zero interest from the majority of brothers I tried to socialise with. Strangely, it was the older brothers I really got along with and enjoyed good social interactions with, but due to the age difference it seemed clear there wasn't a brotherhood being formed. I mean I think it's self evident the amout of sins and wrong things brothers are involved in at university, so I won't bother adding how that was really affecting my spiritual contentment.

    The second thing was the fitna of women.. Alhamdulillah my mother raised me with awareness and implementation of high moral standards, and because of utmost respect and love for my mother, I promised her from mid-pubery to respect women by not seeing them as sexual pleasure (yes, my great mother had this conversation with me) and not to chase an illegitimate relationship, although in regards to getting to know a girl who's religion impresses me and pursuing nikah with her she was fine with. So of course, up until before university, by Allah's Grace I've managed to stay far away from girls as my mother desired, and often went to sit in Jamaths that came from across the country (as I have a lot of friends who go about on Jamath from far places) when the desire for girls got strong for me to control at home. But when I started university, I'm very ashamed to admit that I was very overwhelmed by this complete open exposure to girls, who mind you lot were DRESSED TO KLL, and I saw this sort of desire for them inside me which I've never experienced before. Like loads of girls constantly smiling at me, few even approached me and I fell weak into conversing with them and befriended two girls who i shamefully admit that I was attracted to. I remember going home and I began crying in Salat as I knew it was very wrong what I did. Eventually I couldn't take this void that was developing in my spirituality as well as the extreme bulls... going on at home and suspended my studies. The loneliness in terms of brothers at university didn't make things easier, as all my boys I've grown up with gone to different universities but they all seem to be really happy and enjoying university, which made me question my choice.

    Anyway, for those caring souls who have actually lasted this long through my release of thoughts into words (which has actually helped me quite a lot, so I might continue on with expressing my feelings and thoughts into words) - I really appreciate you taking the time to read through why I'm concerned about starting uni again, and I pray Allah SWT rewards those who will respond to this, forgive them for their shortcomings and gives them the tawfique to adopt the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW. Stay blessed, keep praying your salat, and remember me in your duas <3

    - Oh and to add, for those that will suggest the Islamic society and sitting and conversing with brothers in the prayer rooms - I tried that, It's also sad to admit that the level of Islam I witnessed within the Islamic society at uni was corrupted. Shari'ah wasn't being abided by at all, as there were events where girls and boys were practically free mixing / flirting / engaged in haraam while there were ISLAMIC talks going on.. seriously. I remember two speakers actually refused to attend as they said it was a haraam event.

    - BTW is there anyone else starting Manchester Met uni? Long shot but you never know.

  2. #41
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    27,796
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8760 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1232

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    i dont get why people do business degrees if they want to learn business.

    i mean doctors and engineers i get it cause they need to know theory , but people learning theoretical courses to understand business? ....
    I slightly agree with this but it's the brother's choice so all the best with him

    Btw op I think you can change the subject if you don't like it as long as you don't leave it too late

    Business degress are meh like you can get an nvq instead ya know. Like apprenticeships.

    But education is education, respect.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  3. #42
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    27,796
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8760 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1232

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    On a Thursday? Weird.. I'm guessing you lot got that freshers week as well?

    Haha, stationery is the last thing on my mind to be honest -_-
    Stationery is a wonderful world

    Replace women with stationary and your life will make more sense. You will stay more focused.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  4. #43
    On A Hired Plane of Logic LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    12,644
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    435

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    More like FITNA week, don't you think?

    Business Management - I don't choose specific modules until 2nd year I believe. What about you? What part of history interested you lol
    Lol not fitna week at my uni, we have the least sociable students, freshers week was just signing up for societies for me in my fast year.

    I've asked if I can take Persian History which my isn't a part of my list of modules lol. It will be very interesting, I always enjoyed Iranian history in my first year.

    Also I'm doing the history of Latin America's economy (random lol), British imperial history and one sociology course.

    So do you want to start a business or go into that world after uni?
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

  5. #44
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,910
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    554

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Considering how much uni costs(£9250), no person should be a obstacle to you.I don't care if they are good looking , nice or religious but you should not let anyone stand on your way.In fact don't even make friends.
    willis.jpeg

  6. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Considering how much uni costs(£9250), no person should be a obstacle to you.I don't care if they are good looking , nice or religious but you should not let anyone stand on your way.In fact don't even make friends.
    Make my heart cold as ice, make zero friends and not let the 9250 pounds go to waste. Got it sis, Jazakh'Allah for being firm to my soft and weak nafs.

  7. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Lol not fitna week at my uni, we have the least sociable students, freshers week was just signing up for societies for me in my fast year.

    I've asked if I can take Persian History which my isn't a part of my list of modules lol. It will be very interesting, I always enjoyed Iranian history in my first year.

    Also I'm doing the history of Latin America's economy (random lol), British imperial history and one sociology course.

    So do you want to start a business or go into that world after uni?
    NO FITNA WEEK FOR YOU GUYS? Amazing, Allah be Glorified!

    So wish I could say the same about mine.

    Iranian history... Persian history ? Very unique interests indeed, I hope they let you do as you desire and may Allah grant you success in that pursuit.

    Damn I have absolutely no interest in those things but I still think you're cool for studying those ��

    To be absolutely honest with you, I haven't a clue what I want to do with my life. I feel I'm young and it's too early for people to ask me "hey, what you wanna do for the remaining years you have left in this dunya?" I just pray for the best, pray for the ummah, and hope I end up somewhere more meaningful than behind a desk and a screen.

  8. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Stationery is a wonderful world

    Replace women with stationary and your life will make more sense. You will stay more focused.
    Really Ya'sin? Please!! You must give me an induction course on this 'stationery' concept

  9. #48
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    The University experience can either make a person good or bad in terms of imaan.
    Make sure your intention is to study
    Keep a good friend circle your the religion of your friend
    You hang out with kufaar then good luck
    you hang with so called muslims who love kuffar and act like them them good luck
    You wont realise it but slowly as time passes you will be influenced by them
    If you have to study with the opposite gender (which is why inshAllah in the future if any1 has kids they should send them to foreign muslim unis where its segregated) stick to the point and just get on with the work dont make the mistake of falling into deep conversation. It can easily happen be careful. Theres alot of people who go uni thinking there gonna find their spouse there. This is a dream for most people. And most of the time its the moderates that free mix and chat loads that end up making this dream come true. Dont fall into this for your own sake. A pious spouse wont seek attention and do haram to make halal.
    Isoc is mostly full of moderates so if your serious about deen becareful
    Also becareful with how much you express religion in uni as prevent could stick something on you
    But at the same time carefully try when you see muslims do wrong forbid the evil and enjoin the good

    But enjoy your studies learn as much as you can make good friends and become more independent alot of people go from becoming a boy to a man while in this period of life

  10. #49
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    Make my heart cold as ice, make zero friends and not let the 9250 pounds go to waste. Got it sis, Jazakh'Allah for being firm to my soft and weak nafs.
    Also if youve take student loans know that it is haram and a major sin and worse than even zina. And in the Quran it says that you will be going to war with Allah on the day of judgement if you do riba. So you should not be taking student loans. Find an alternate way to pay for uni fees. Whether its help from family friends or taking a gap year and working.anything is possible make dua and Allah will provide.

  11. #50
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    27,796
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8760 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1232

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    If the going gets tough you can choose home studying

    Much more flexible,. You could look for work or volunteer to expand your portfolio and to show you have communication skills.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  12. #51
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    27,796
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8760 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1232

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Forgot to mention about the long nails and eyelashes





    It's like a thriller *shivers

    Some of us keep our nails short but some girls they like to paint their nails grow them and what not but nobody sees what is lurking underneath

    I say

    You don't wanna know bro, I don't want to be responsible for anything

    Lmso
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  13. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    The University experience can either make a person good or bad in terms of imaan.
    Make sure your intention is to study
    Keep a good friend circle your the religion of your friend
    You hang out with kufaar then good luck
    you hang with so called muslims who love kuffar and act like them them good luck
    You wont realise it but slowly as time passes you will be influenced by them
    If you have to study with the opposite gender (which is why inshAllah in the future if any1 has kids they should send them to foreign muslim unis where its segregated) stick to the point and just get on with the work dont make the mistake of falling into deep conversation. It can easily happen be careful. Theres alot of people who go uni thinking there gonna find their spouse there. This is a dream for most people. And most of the time its the moderates that free mix and chat loads that end up making this dream come true. Dont fall into this for your own sake. A pious spouse wont seek attention and do haram to make halal.
    Isoc is mostly full of moderates so if your serious about deen becareful
    Also becareful with how much you express religion in uni as prevent could stick something on you
    But at the same time carefully try when you see muslims do wrong forbid the evil and enjoin the good

    But enjoy your studies learn as much as you can make good friends and become more independent alot of people go from becoming a boy to a man while in this period of life
    Insh'Allah I have made the firm intention to study, brother. In regards to the friend circle, my circle has largely seperated due to different university choices, and over time communication ceased. Khair Insh'Allah.

    I definitely agree with you in regards to the influence none-religious people can have. Jazakh'Allah for refreshing that knowledge.

    Jazakh'Allah for all your well thought out and sincere advice, dear brother. You seem to be quite experienced in regards to this? May Allah reward you abundantly for your response.

  14. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    If the going gets tough you can choose home studying

    Much more flexible,. You could look for work or volunteer to expand your portfolio and to show you have communication skills.
    Home studying - yeah, might look into that you know. Jazakh'Allah for the suggestion.

    Thriller nails and eye lashes? hahaha. You're too funny.

    Ya'sin a brother rep'd me apparently that I'm being too free with non-mahrams here? I don't understand what haram I've done. I haven't engaged in any conversation going beyond the appropriate line, nor have I asked for anyone's number or nikah proposal lol.

  15. #54
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    Insh'Allah I have made the firm intention to study, brother. In regards to the friend circle, my circle has largely seperated due to different university choices, and over time communication ceased. Khair Insh'Allah.

    I definitely agree with you in regards to the influence none-religious people can have. Jazakh'Allah for refreshing that knowledge.

    Jazakh'Allah for all your well thought out and sincere advice, dear brother. You seem to be quite experienced in regards to this? May Allah reward you abundantly for your response.
    Yh as ive gone through it all my self so i know what mistakes i made and hoe they can be prevented

    Main thing is dont take riba

  16. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Yh as ive gone through it all my self so i know what mistakes i made and hoe they can be prevented

    Main thing is dont take riba
    Can tell, bro. I appreciate it man - much respect. You mind me asking what are you doing now? Still in uni or graduated and working?

    I'm sorry I appear as such a sinner in your eyes for it, but my non-religious father gave me an ultimatum that I either go to university or he throws me out (no one in my household defended me as I expected). I told him I'm not able to pay for uni and he in a way forced me my brother. A poor excuse nor will he carry my sins on the Day of Judgement, I know. I don't claim to be perfect or deserving Jannah to anybody anyway my brother. I can only hope for Allah's Great Mercy but I won't hide that I'm a sinner.

  17. #56
    a muslim in a odd place HelloEverybody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    658 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    I don't how things are in UK, but I spent 85% of my uni time outside the campus area. Going there whenever I had to do some odd classes or exams. If I could skip the class I skipped it and also 90% of students were male.

    As I grew older I came to realize I didn't really care for sitting in class rooms nor I didn't actually care what the teacher or professor had actually say as I could learn enough to pass the course by myself.

    I didn't like muslims around me either. Main issue for me was they didn't maintain boundaries on gender relations, which ave bothered me greatly.

  18. #57
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    Can tell, bro. I appreciate it man - much respect. You mind me asking what are you doing now? Still in uni or graduated and working?

    I'm sorry I appear as such a sinner in your eyes for it, but my non-religious father gave me an ultimatum that I either go to university or he throws me out (no one in my household defended me as I expected). I told him I'm not able to pay for uni and he in a way forced me my brother. A poor excuse nor will he carry my sins on the Day of Judgement, I know. I don't claim to be perfect or deserving Jannah to anybody anyway my brother. I can only hope for Allah's Great Mercy but I won't hide that I'm a sinner.
    Brother i dont look at you as a sinner
    Dont think that at all
    If anything your alot better then I was when i first started university
    I understand how u feel pressure from jaahil parents can be problems
    But you know it yourself your in charge of your self
    Know that if you do something sincerely then Allah will provide for you
    I didnt know what to do how am i gonna pay for uni fees accomodation all of that
    But i asked Allah many times
    Alhamdullilah im still in university not graduated yet but im taking a gap yr and tryna get a full time job to provide for my uni costs
    And tbh i stopped caring about university im trying to get the money but if it happens that i cant get a full time job and i cant get enough money then i wont go uni il just keep looking for a job
    People make it seem like if u dont go uni thats it life ends your gonna be a tramp
    People are attched to the dunya they need to think that they could die tomo but instead there thinking about what they are gonna do in 25 yrs
    Ive seen people who didnt go uni and they are workjng in supermarket jobs but they are happy wth their families
    I also know people who are earning 50 60 k but are unhappy with life depressed and having family problems because they dont have Allah in their life
    People dont think that riba is worst than zina and your gonna be going to war wit Allah on the day of jusgment the angels will give u weapons so u can fight

    If your sincere Allah will provide a way but stop before its too late or before Allah takes your life away

  19. #58
    I wonder Ya'sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    27,796
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8760 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1232

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    Home studying - yeah, might look into that you know. Jazakh'Allah for the suggestion.

    Thriller nails and eye lashes? hahaha. You're too funny.

    Ya'sin a brother rep'd me apparently that I'm being too free with non-mahrams here? I don't understand what haram I've done. I haven't engaged in any conversation going beyond the appropriate line, nor have I asked for anyone's number or nikah proposal lol.
    I am sure the brother means well. It's good that he privately advised you.

    Sometimes I get told off (actually it was once ages ago someone reminded me)

    Usually, when you get quite friendly with the opposite gender you might start feeling interested in them.

    Of course you are not doing anything wrong intentionally, but little things like this trigger bigger things especially if you are weak.

    I know what you mean, you haven't asked or done anything wrong, you're just being polite. So don't feel bad.

    But to be free from these accusations you can stop the 'lol'
    Keep it simple, neutral like robotic, it can be good practise for you when you speak to girls in real life

    It's up to how you want to be or what you feel best as a Muslim

    I'm just myself, I mean my avatar is a nice lamb for goodness sake and I'm unspecified so

    Just have to be careful though in case someone has a crush on me


    Lmso (laugh my socks off )
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  20. #59
    Odan nudgetheputri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    119

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    The University experience can either make a person good or bad in terms of imaan.
    Make sure your intention is to study
    Keep a good friend circle your the religion of your friend
    You hang out with kufaar then good luck
    you hang with so called muslims who love kuffar and act like them them good luck
    You wont realise it but slowly as time passes you will be influenced by them
    If you have to study with the opposite gender (which is why inshAllah in the future if any1 has kids they should send them to foreign muslim unis where its segregated) stick to the point and just get on with the work dont make the mistake of falling into deep conversation. It can easily happen be careful. Theres alot of people who go uni thinking there gonna find their spouse there. This is a dream for most people. And most of the time its the moderates that free mix and chat loads that end up making this dream come true. Dont fall into this for your own sake. A pious spouse wont seek attention and do haram to make halal.
    Isoc is mostly full of moderates so if your serious about deen becareful
    Also becareful with how much you express religion in uni as prevent could stick something on you
    But at the same time carefully try when you see muslims do wrong forbid the evil and enjoin the good

    But enjoy your studies learn as much as you can make good friends and become more independent alot of people go from becoming a boy to a man while in this period of life
    What's that mean?

  21. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I am sure the brother means well. It's good that he privately advised you.

    Sometimes I get told off (actually it was once ages ago someone reminded me)

    Usually, when you get quite friendly with the opposite gender you might start feeling interested in them.

    Of course you are not doing anything wrong intentionally, but little things like this trigger bigger things especially if you are weak.

    I know what you mean, you haven't asked or done anything wrong, you're just being polite. So don't feel bad.

    But to be free from these accusations you can stop the 'lol'
    Keep it simple, neutral like robotic, it can be good practise for you when you speak to girls in real life

    It's up to how you want to be or what you feel best as a Muslim

    I'm just myself, I mean my avatar is a nice lamb for goodness sake and I'm unspecified so

    Just have to be careful though in case someone has a crush on me


    Lmso (laugh my socks off )
    I know he most likely meant well too, but it still hurt that he ASSUMES I'm chit chatting with 'females' I don't even mentally and physically recognise. I mean the Prophet SAW (may the highest form of peace and blessings be upon him) emphasised once to his companions that you cannot see what is inside somebody's heart, therefore we shouldn't wrongfully assume.

    Na, I don't feel bad. If I was in the wrong, I would've felt the wrong kind of pleasure in my heart that Nabi SAW also emphasised in a hadis I cannot recall (therefore I will refrain from misquoting).

    Robotic style convo, sounds cool and applicable haha

    Yeah, let's hope another lamb doesn't come running to specify your gender because of his crush

  22. #61
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by nudgetheputri View Post
    What's that mean?
    In the uk there is a government organisation know as prevent- it basically tries to prevent people becoming radicalised (this is there apparent reason) in actuality they descriminate muslims they even took toddlers out of there parents arms for so called radicalisation prevention what is a toddler gonna do
    In schools universities there are people who work with the prevent scheme to snitch on muslims
    So obviously if they see a muslim who isnt moderate that worries them so u have to be careful how u go about in school
    At the same time its your duty as a muslim to forbid evil so if you see someone do wrong advice them but dont do it in a way that will lead to attention

  23. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    In the uk there is a government organisation know as prevent- it basically tries to prevent people becoming radicalised (this is there apparent reason) in actuality they descriminate muslims they even took toddlers out of there parents arms for so called radicalisation prevention what is a toddler gonna do
    In schools universities there are people who work with the prevent scheme to snitch on muslims
    So obviously if they see a muslim who isnt moderate that worries them so u have to be careful how u go about in school
    At the same time its your duty as a muslim to forbid evil so if you see someone do wrong advice them but dont do it in a way that will lead to attention
    Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Waqeel

    They can't do jack if our reliance and trust in Allah is as it should be. But that's crazy though. Can't completely blame the goverment for this extreme approach though, if you contemplate over it. With groups like ISIS and all, showing the complete wrong 'Islam'

  24. #63
    Odan nudgetheputri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,644
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1469 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    119

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    In the uk there is a government organisation know as prevent- it basically tries to prevent people becoming radicalised (this is there apparent reason) in actuality they descriminate muslims they even took toddlers out of there parents arms for so called radicalisation prevention what is a toddler gonna do
    In schools universities there are people who work with the prevent scheme to snitch on muslims
    So obviously if they see a muslim who isnt moderate that worries them so u have to be careful how u go about in school
    At the same time its your duty as a muslim to forbid evil so if you see someone do wrong advice them but dont do it in a way that will lead to attention
    Oh I didn't know such a thing happened in the UK. That's a preventative measure to stop any religion radicalization or something. Does prevent do this to other faiths as well?

  25. #64
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Waqeel

    They can't do jack if our reliance and trust in Allah is as it should be. But that's crazy though. Can't completely blame the goverment for this extreme approach though, if you contemplate over it. With groups like ISIS and all, showing the complete wrong 'Islam'
    HasbunAllah wa ni'mal wakeel
    InshAllah we truely all realise what this means

    Na the government are to blame look at the history and youl see the west want to eradicate Islam they dont want real muslims they want to make you moderate until you become a kaffir

    Dont believe everything you hear regarding the middle east
    Follow the Quran and sunnah seek knowedge learn to distinguish haqq from baatil and youl kno who is good and who is bad

  26. #65
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by nudgetheputri View Post
    Oh I didn't know such a thing happened in the UK. That's a preventative measure to stop any religion radicalization or something. Does prevent do this to other faiths as well?
    Well if they do i havent heard
    Its not really radicalisation they just wanna stop muslims from being muslims they want people to be moderate

    Its like the usa and rand organisation

  27. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    HasbunAllah wa ni'mal wakeel
    InshAllah we truely all realise what this means

    Na the government are to blame look at the history and youl see the west want to eradicate Islam they dont want real muslims they want to make you moderate until you become a kaffir

    Dont believe everything you hear regarding the middle east
    Follow the Quran and sunnah seek knowedge learn to distinguish haqq from baatil and youl kno who is good and who is bad
    "Whoever Allah guides, nobody can misguide. Whoever Allah misguides, nobody can guide."
    No matter how hard the Kuffar make haste and effort, it is impossible for them to eradicate Islam. The moderation effect that has come upon Muslims today is the zero effort a lot of parents are making on concern for their children's Deen. But when you look at the concern for their dunya and money, you will see a mountain of a difference.

    I don't know what 'media' to believe in anymore bro. But two things I agree with you, Qur'an and Sunnah are the only truths in this deceptive world. May Allah SWT make us among those who constantly strive to seek knowledge until we breathe our last in His devotion. Ameen.

  28. #67
    Odan Abu julaybeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    "Whoever Allah guides, nobody can misguide. Whoever Allah misguides, nobody can guide."
    No matter how hard the Kuffar make haste and effort, it is impossible for them to eradicate Islam. The moderation effect that has come upon Muslims today is the zero effort a lot of parents are making on concern for their children's Deen. But when you look at the concern for their dunya and money, you will see a mountain of a difference.

    I don't know what 'media' to believe in anymore bro. But two things I agree with you, Qur'an and Sunnah are the only truths in this deceptive world. May Allah SWT make us among those who constantly strive to seek knowledge until we breathe our last in His devotion. Ameen.
    Ameen

    Learn tawheed, aqeedah is so important and thats what distinguished between a so called muslim and a muslim

  29. #68
    Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,882
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2712 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    487

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Ya'sin View Post
    That's my girl

    Roar i love it.

    A woman made from some hardcore steel

    So true, you pay for education for a reason, and make the most of it
    Lol am not.But personally 9k is a lot of money ,therefore i wouldnt let anyone get in the way of my degree.Btw i am around sister (responding to your rep).I hope you are good
    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Who is willis ?
    Quote Originally Posted by .Zaryab View Post
    Make my heart cold as ice, make zero friends and not let the 9250 pounds go to waste. Got it sis, Jazakh'Allah for being firm to my soft and weak nafs.
    Yes , block everyone out , focus .
    But seriously may Allah make it easy for us all.And sorry to hear about the issue you faced. May Allah guide us all.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

  30. #69
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,910
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6163 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    554

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Lol am not.But personally 9k is a lot of money ,therefore i wouldnt let anyone get in the way of my degree.Btw i am around sister (responding to your rep).I hope you are good

    Who is willis ?

    Yes , block everyone out , focus .
    But seriously may Allah make it easy for us all.And sorry to hear about the issue you faced. May Allah guide us all.
    You're Willis! You could come across someone special at Uni and then get your Wali involved. Next thing you know you are married to said special. That's worth more than a bit of paper for what is in most cases utterly pointless degrees. Tons of students coming out of Uni say that piece of paper played no part in them getting a job. Waste of time, waste of Tax payers money, MY MONEY!!!

  31. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Brother i dont look at you as a sinner
    Dont think that at all
    If anything your alot better then I was when i first started university
    I understand how u feel pressure from jaahil parents can be problems
    But you know it yourself your in charge of your self
    Know that if you do something sincerely then Allah will provide for you
    I didnt know what to do how am i gonna pay for uni fees accomodation all of that
    But i asked Allah many times
    Alhamdullilah im still in university not graduated yet but im taking a gap yr and tryna get a full time job to provide for my uni costs
    And tbh i stopped caring about university im trying to get the money but if it happens that i cant get a full time job and i cant get enough money then i wont go uni il just keep looking for a job
    People make it seem like if u dont go uni thats it life ends your gonna be a tramp
    People are attched to the dunya they need to think that they could die tomo but instead there thinking about what they are gonna do in 25 yrs
    Ive seen people who didnt go uni and they are workjng in supermarket jobs but they are happy wth their families
    I also know people who are earning 50 60 k but are unhappy with life depressed and having family problems because they dont have Allah in their life
    People dont think that riba is worst than zina and your gonna be going to war wit Allah on the day of jusgment the angels will give u weapons so u can fight

    If your sincere Allah will provide a way but stop before its too late or before Allah takes your life away
    I don't claim to be better than anyone, dear bro! The one who indulges in self-praise or perceives himself as better than others has the intellect of a monkey and the characteristic of shaythan.
    Sadly my father isn't religious whatsoever and fallen prey to the love of this dunya and its delusional respect.
    I pray Allah makes it easy for you, my bro. I feel for you man, but you seem sincere and your understanding of how deceptive and temporary this world is seems to be very strong man - surely Allah will help somebody strong like you.
    So true man, hahaha. No uni then no life and no marriage as no sister will marry someone uneducated, then you will die alone.. I've actually heard brothers AND sisters say this. It's funny.
    True contentment and happiness is only in living for the sake of Allah SWT. Trust cuz, there is nothing on the face of this earth that can compare to the tranquility just the rememrance of Allah in your heart can bring.

  32. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    Lol am not.But personally 9k is a lot of money ,therefore i wouldnt let anyone get in the way of my degree.Btw i am around sister (responding to your rep).I hope you are good

    Yes , block everyone out , focus .
    But seriously may Allah make it easy for us all.And sorry to hear about the issue you faced. May Allah guide us all.
    Insh'Allah, will try my best - have made strong intentions this year. Just remember in your du'a dear sister, I will pray for everyone that has replied here.

  33. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Jazakh'Allah dear brothers and sisters.. Thank you guys so much for the moral and intellectual support you've all given me. Amazing how we don't know one another at all, yet we're able to mentally connect and guide one another sincerely for the sake of Allah SWT. I will be sure to remember all of you guys after my daily prayers, you've all made it so easy for me to tackle this university thing with strong motivation and intentions.

    May Allah SWT guide you all, forgive your shortcomings, strengthen your imans, make you all steadfast, grant you eternal bliss in the Hereafter and grant you prior success to that in this life also, Ameen.

  34. #73
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,766
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    419

    Re: As salaam... starting uni in one week

    Walaykum salam,

    Aww all this talk of uni reminds me of all those years ago when I moved up north for my studies. I bought most of my stationery from partners (now Rymans), though I also bought notepads and some other household items from wilkinsons. Which leads to a question for the OP: are you living at home with your family or will you be living with other students? I lived with other students and that was a whole experience in itself. I think living away from home taught me more about the dunya than my studies.

    If you don't mind, I can offer some tips based on my own experiences. During my first week up north, one of the first things I did was take a long walk around the town, to find out where things were such as where the town centre, supermarket and campus were. There weren't many Muslims where I lived, so there wasn't even any halal meat shops, but I did manage to find a small mosque through which I was able to connect with a few of the local Muslims, such as a couple of local families as well as some of the practising foreign students. So this way I was able to connect with a few Muslims in the area.

    I found that the main way that fellow students socialised was to go to the pub or clubs especially as there weren't other Muslims on the same course as me. If I wanted to contact fellow students, then we called each other or we went to each others houses (email wasn't as commonplace back then) or else we met up at the library or at a local cafe. When I wasn't studying, I'd spend more time on cooking or reading to keep myself busy and also away from the temptation of getting involved in what the others were doing. If you don't like reading or cooking, you can indulge another halal hobby to pass the time doing something that's of greater interest to you. I'm biased but I think basic cooking skills are important as it's not healthy to rely on takeaways or ready meals.

    I had a part time weekend job in those days which again, helped me to stay busy when I wasn't studying, but also helped me to make ends meet without resorting to haram loans (in those days we didn't have tuition fees, but the grant wasn't enough to cover living costs so this income helped). If you don't already know basic skills of looking after a home (assuming that you're not living with your family), then now is the time to learn: learn how to use a washing machine, learn how to budget for your routine expenses, learn how to make a few basic dishes, that sort of thing.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop