Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Possible Ruqya Needed, also some advice

As-Salaamu Alaikum,

I decided to make my own thread, I tried to post in anonymous section but it didn't show up after a day, so I registered

Rather than post the problem in another person's thread I thought it is important to make my own so maybe someone can give advice related to the thread.

I will try to keep this short in sha Allah

There is a girl who is a revert of 4 years alhamdulillah, she was very interested in Islam, read the stories of the Prophets, read the Qur'an in English, learnt dua'as, 99 names of Allah with its meaning, had her own YouTube channel to post video reminders Allahumma barek laha. She was on the deen and wanted to wear the Niqab when she was able to. Gave up pork, music, social media (facebook) etc etc.

Her family are non-Muslims and her parents are divorced, when she told them about her being a Muslim, they hated her for it and wished she was a lesbian rather than a Muslim (you can imagine her environment and can imagine her dissapointment)

She struggled as the years went past as her friends let her down, her mum puts pressure on her regarding education/driving/work etc and sometimes tells her "what a crap daughter she is" no matter what good she does. She has no friends apart from me looking out for her but I am several hours drive away so it is hard to see each other especially with our busy schedules.

Anyway, just this past month or so, she has totally given up on everything, she stopped doing any YouTube videos, she doesn't do anything Islamic anymore, she wants to be alone, she hates her work, having to drive to work, basically hates everything and feels anger which she never felt before.

I tried to be there for her and showed her support but she refuses any help and feels I shouldn't waste my time on her and she keeps pushing me away.

She started to listen to music in her car as she says she hates silence and started to watch "TV" which she gave up before, I ofcourse advised her against it but she refuses to listen to me.

To be honest all of this feeling of hate and resentment started when she made a facebook account again she made it so that she can leave feedback for her passing her driving test for her instructor, however she uploaded a picture of herself and since then I feel personally she has gone worse.

I could be wrong but I do believe she does need ruqyah, I tried to let her listen to Qur'an but she complained of her head hurting and wanted me to stop. I told her we need to do this daily so whatever she has going on in her head can get weaker and weaker with the permission of Allah but she refuses to do it and insist that I leave her to be alone.

I have tried almost everything, I sent her some flowers on Eid, I offered support and an ear whenever she needed it but her answers would always be negative

I told her that I will be making a thread and I will show her this thread after the responses I receive, so maybe she can see advice from other people who do care for her, she is still our Muslim sister and as an ummah we are here for each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Re: Possible Ruqya Needed, also some advice

Today she did say that she wants to get whatever is inside of her out and then when it is, she wants to do things on her own. She said she relied on me too much and that she needs to focus on herself and do things on her own. So she is already thinking of breaking our friendship, I did question her on this saying "so regardless of you getting better or no, you just want to be on your own" She said she doesn't know and that she is confused.

I didn't really understand that as she has been doing things on her own anway as we live far away, we did use to Skype and do Islamic stuff and talk about all our problems etc where we could talk for hours and she was definitely happier than compared to now, she even used to say before "oh I wish you lived closer to me, so we could go for tea and hang out" as she used to envy other women who would do that.

To be honest, I really don't understand this situation and her reasoning in wanting to do things on her own and just be alone, Allah knows best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seekingadvice12 View Post
    Today she did say that she wants to get whatever is inside of her out and then when it is, she wants to do things on her own. She said she relied on me too much and that she needs to focus on herself and do things on her own. So she is already thinking of breaking our friendship, I did question her on this saying "so regardless of you getting better or no, you just want to be on your own" She said she doesn't know and that she is confused.

I didn't really understand that as she has been doing things on her own anway as we live far away, we did use to Skype and do Islamic stuff and talk about all our problems etc where we could talk for hours and she was definitely happier than compared to now, she even used to say before "oh I wish you lived closer to me, so we could go for tea and hang out" as she used to envy other women who would do that.

To be honest, I really don't understand this situation and her reasoning in wanting to do things on her own and just be alone, Allah knows best
    Let her come out of this miserable phase and inshallah, she will want to hang out with you more. right now she is not receptive to anything that will make her feel good or move towards Allah swt. Company of muslims, talking about God or any goodness will not interest her. Once she starts to see with her own eyes and not with the clouding of shaytan she will be different inshallah. keep making dua, Allah swt will help her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neemhakeem View Post
    Let her come out of this miserable phase and inshallah, she will want to hang out with you more. right now she is not receptive to anything that will make her feel good or move towards Allah swt. Company of muslims, talking about God or any goodness will not interest her. Once she starts to see with her own eyes and not with the clouding of shaytan she will be different inshallah. keep making dua, Allah swt will help her.
    Thank You Sister, and may Allah bless you with goodness (Ameen). Yep you are absoulately right, non of that interest her at the moment, I will remain patient and continue to help her, may Allah give me strength as sometimes she does get angry when we talk especially when we talk about her situation, I do pull back from the conversation and leave, then a few minutes later she will reply "sorry I just can't help it". Off course I tell her that I don't blame her etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Thank You Sister, and may Allah bless you with goodness (Ameen). Yep you are absoulately right, non of that interest her at the moment, I will remain patient and continue to help her, may Allah give me strength as sometimes she does get angry when we talk especially when we talk about her situation, I do pull back from the conversation and leave, then a few minutes later she will reply "sorry I just can't help it". Off course I tell her that I don't blame her etc.
    JZK dear. I pray that Allah swt give you patience and help you in helping this poor girl. Always remember that when she is mad at you it's not her, it;s the shayateen. That's the goal of shaytaan to make her feel miserable and guilty.

A good sign is that she does apologize and feels bad about it. so she has lucid intervals....and the rest of her day probably is a mixture of feeling regretful, sad, lonely, hating herself/others and despaired that Allah will not forgive her or love her. She will also feel that everyone is her enemy including her parents and siblings and you of course.

Keep telling her that you love her as her sister in islam, that you will never leave her no matter what happens and that you will support her in any way she needs.

Stay strong you can do it!

Odan
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)

JZK dear. I pray that Allah swt give you patience and help you in helping this poor girl. Always remember that when she is mad at you it's not her, it;s the shayateen. That's the goal of shaytaan to make her feel miserable and guilty.

A good sign is that she does apologize and feels bad about it. so she has lucid intervals....and the rest of her day probably is a mixture of feeling regretful, sad, lonely, hating herself/others and despaired that Allah will not forgive her or love her. She will also feel that everyone is her enemy including her parents and siblings and you of course.

Keep telling her that you love her as her sister in islam, that you will never leave her no matter what happens and that you will support her in any way she needs.

This exactly what I was going to say on the situation.

Please don't take her being angry or any verbal attacks on you personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Ameen, yeah I do always try to remember that. And yeah I am pretty sure she is feeling all of those things which is why it is strange to reject someone who actually cares for her, but again as everyone mentioned it could be shaytaan doing his tricks to make her hate everything and everyone

Better news is that just tonight she listened to 15 minutes of recitation, and Surah Baqarah verse 102 had a big affect on her, I played it whilst watching her and she complained about her head hurting and she ended up crying whilst listening.

I did tell her after we finished listening that she did really well and advised her what could be happening to her (how the shaytaan hates the words of Allah and how he is wanting you to not listen) I also reminded her that you need to be firm in belief that Allah can cure you and also to try and keep this up daily even on her own, to also try and keep away from any sins that she may be doing. I am not sure if she will listen but I will send her the mp3 anyway in sha Allah

May Allah bless everyone who replied and advised me on this situation, it is really helpful wallahi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Ameen, yeah I do always try to remember that. And yeah I am pretty sure she is feeling all of those things which is why it is strange to reject someone who actually cares for her, but again as everyone mentioned it could be shaytaan doing his tricks to make her hate everything and everyone

Better news is that just tonight she listened to 15 minutes of recitation, and Surah Baqarah verse 102 had a big affect on her, I played it whilst watching her and she complained about her head hurting and she ended up crying whilst listening.

I did tell her after we finished listening that she did really well and advised her what could be happening to her (how the shaytaan hates the words of Allah and how he is wanting you to not listen) I also reminded her that you need to be firm in belief that Allah can cure you and also to try and keep this up daily even on her own, to also try and keep away from any sins that she may be doing. I am not sure if she will listen but I will send her the mp3 anyway in sha Allah

May Allah bless everyone who replied and advised me on this situation, it is really helpful wallahi
    Alhamdulillah she decided to listen to Surah Al Baqarah and already in 15 minutes of it, healing by Allah's words started.

In Hadith Qudsi, Allah said, if His slave comes to Him walking, He will go to His slave faster/running.

InshaAllah she will listen to Al Baqarah every day and more healing/cure will happen by Allah's words. If she can listen to Al Imran every day too, inshaAllah she will heal faster

I will keep her and people like her in my dua
    Say: "Truly, my prayer and my rites of sacrifice, my life and my death, are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. No partner has He. And this I am commanded, and I am the first [among you] who submit." 6:162-163
    Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. 2:268

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Mashallah that is huge! 15 minutes is quite long. Just fyi, she will have ups and downs. When people start the treatment with ruqya they feel sick, headaches, anxiety, severe stress and body aches even. These are all signs of the shayateen getting hurt by the words of the Quran. They will try to attack and make her feel that listening is actually worsening her symptoms. Tell her this. But with continued sessions the pain will decrease inshallah. Tell her to keep going at it and not be afraid.

You are both in my prayers. Stay strong

Odan
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)

Alhamdulillah! this should be the confirmation that you were on the right track and your hunch about her situation was correct.

Continue in this vein,don't try to overdo the ruqya at first,as she becomes stronger she will able to listen for longer
    it would be good if she can get up to the point where she can listen to an hours worth of ruqya a day with headphones on.

If you can speak with her regularly that would be good. It would be beneficial if you could do ruqyah with her on a regular,weekly basis at least but more often is better.
    Continue being as supportive and patient as you have been and the process will go much smoother for her.

since this was caught early and not allowed to progress to far the prognosis is excellent.
    Two things I suggest is morning and evening adhkarr,3 quls(Ikhlas,falaq,nas) and ayat al kursi as well as reciting these before bed,blowing into the hands and wiping the body.
    If she only knows them in english that is fine,it's the intention that's important.

May Allah awj reward you for being concerned and so caring towards your sister!
    May Allah awj give her shifa,ameen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    Alhamdulillah! this should be the confirmation that you were on the right track and your hunch about her situation was correct.

Continue in this vein,don't try to overdo the ruqya at first,as she becomes stronger she will able to listen for longer
    it would be good if she can get up to the point where she can listen to an hours worth of ruqya a day with headphones on.

If you can speak with her regularly that would be good. It would be beneficial if you could do ruqyah with her on a regular,weekly basis at least but more often is better.
    Continue being as supportive and patient as you have been and the process will go much smoother for her.

since this was caught early and not allowed to progress to far the prognosis is excellent.
    Two things I suggest is morning and evening adhkarr,3 quls(Ikhlas,falaq,nas) and ayat al kursi as well as reciting these before bed,blowing into the hands and wiping the body.
    If she only knows them in english that is fine,it's the intention that's important.

May Allah awj reward you for being concerned and so caring towards your sister!
    May Allah awj give her shifa,ameen
    This was so concise.

I have seen many reverts leave islam because of the isolation they suffer due to the muslim community. It is all awesome when someone takes a shahada at the masjid but once that's done very few families come forward to mentor or take them in. Then they suffer the misery of being rejected by their families. They don't get invited for iftars, eid or to family get togethers. Believe me I have suffered isolation as a muslim immigrant, so how bad must it be for these poor souls? Eating eid dinner at a restaurant, no place to go and nothing good to do. Sad times. So I am not surprised that her ramadan sucked and her iman levels dropped post-ramadan. Perfect timing for the devil to strike. I am surprised she's still hanging in there.

On the positive side, keeping in touch is the biggest factor that will keep this person grounded. So she will inshallah pull through thanks to her awesome friend!

Praying for her and her dear friend

Odan
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)

The Isolation and loneliness can be overwhelming. The sense of alienation as well.

I've seen a few brothers come and go. The ones that don't drop out of Islam completely usually turn to extremism in belief like becoming sufis or join ISIS.

For sisters the situation is similar also harder as they don't prayer in congregation and they also have the the predatory munafiqeen offering them marriage 5 minutes after they take shahada.
    Brothers tend to drop out where as sisters are prone to very abusive relationships.

Sisters are also prone to more discrimination and abuse from the kuffar as they wear hijab and that makes them more of a visible target. I just look like your average white guy with a ZZ Top beard and short pants. I don't "look" muslim to most people except when I wear a kufi and thobe,

My heart goes out to revert sisters as I do think they have it tougher than new brothers. I Pray that Allah awj keeps them steadfast in the deen and increases their reward for enduring the hardships.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samsandman View Post
    The Isolation and loneliness can be overwhelming. The sense of alienation as well.

I've seen a few brothers come and go. The ones that don't drop out of Islam completely usually turn to extremism in belief like becoming sufis or join ISIS.

For sisters the situation is similar also harder as they don't prayer in congregation and they also have the the predatory munafiqeen offering them marriage 5 minutes after they take shahada.
    Brothers tend to drop out where as sisters are prone to very abusive relationships.

Sisters are also prone to more discrimination and abuse from the kuffar as they wear hijab and that makes them more of a visible target. I just look like your average white guy with a ZZ Top beard and short pants. I don't "look" muslim to most people except when I wear a kufi and thobe,

My heart goes out to revert sisters as I do think they have it tougher than new brothers. I Pray that Allah awj keeps them steadfast in the deen and increases their reward for enduring the hardships.

Alienation and isolation is something me and my husband have experienced first hand as 1st gen immigrants, and believe it or not at the hands of fellow immigrants. So the racism, the discrimination is at many levels, single guys don't get invited, single sisters don't get invited because they are fitnah, certain kind of families are not welcome and so on, I mean it is just a sad state of affairs the ummah is in. Yes, sisters get targeted more because of their appearance, and some folks blend in better because of their appearance but we all are tested in different ways and may Allah swt make it easy for all of us. I knew about a brother who was an identical twin and reverted, he was formerly hindu and he used to hide from his family because he was financially dependent on them. They used to beat him, since one of his university friends said salam to his twin mistakenly, sometimes subhanallah the family is the biggest oppressor.. There are so many similar stories....another thread another time may be

This is exactly why it is so important to take care of these issues by involving the entire community. our masjid used to have community iftars for single people and it was like our second home. a lot of families would show up too. but eid was not good. You brought back so many memories.....

Stay blessed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

May Allah bless you all for taking the time to give your advice and experiences, for you to be kind and give me words of encouragements

Reading some of the stories from you both have made me feel for this sister even more to a point where I just want her to live with me so I can show her what being a Muslim is really about and for me to take care of her as any righteous Muslim would want to.

She is a lovely person who has had bad friends treat her bad, apart from me she really has no friends and I do feel sad for her as she is a lovely human being even before her reversion to Islam, she wasn't this typical white English girl who used to date, smoke, drink or anything like that, she was very much grounded no matter how much her own mum used to tell her to "check out this guy, oh he looks nice" "oh why dont you wear this short dress" She remained firm as she wasn't like that, this is what attracted her to Islam as she loved the segregation and rules about free-mixing, dangers of alcohol, smoking etc etc.

I will continue to support her as wallahi she is worth all the trouble, it doesn't even seem trouble for me, I am just sad to see her like this and I know Allah can change her heart back to him.

She is still grieving over her grandmother's death and on top of all this it must be overwhelming. I didn't do Ruqyah with her on Friday and Saturday as she was at her father's and she doesn't get internet access in her room, and yesterday she said she was tired so in sha Allah today we can do ruqyah together.

I will keep you guys informed in how it goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

May Allah bless you all for taking the time to give your advice and experiences, for you to be kind and give me words of encouragements

Reading some of the stories from you both have made me feel for this sister even more to a point where I just want her to live with me so I can show her what being a Muslim is really about and for me to take care of her as any righteous Muslim would want to.

She is a lovely person who has had bad friends treat her bad, apart from me she really has no friends and I do feel sad for her as she is a lovely human being even before her reversion to Islam, she wasn't this typical white English girl who used to date, smoke, drink or anything like that, she was very much grounded no matter how much her own mum used to tell her to "check out this guy, oh he looks nice" "oh why dont you wear this short dress" She remained firm as she wasn't like that, this is what attracted her to Islam as she loved the segregation and rules about free-mixing, dangers of alcohol, smoking etc etc.

I will continue to support her as wallahi she is worth all the trouble, it doesn't even seem trouble for me, I am just sad to see her like this and I know Allah can change her heart back to him.

She is still grieving over her grandmother's death and on top of all this it must be overwhelming. I didn't do Ruqyah with her on Friday and Saturday as she was at her father's and she doesn't get internet access in her room, and yesterday she said she was tired so in sha Allah today we can do ruqyah together.

I will keep you guys informed in how it goes.
    I was thinking of you yesterday and here you are!

Well I had a friend who reverted to islam and her story was so inpirational. She was born into an atheist family that totally disallowed any religious activity in the house. Not even christmas, but she had such a clean fitrah that nothing was able to corrupt it. she used to make dua every night since she was a little girl that if there is a god out there please guide me to the true religion, and one day in college she met muslims and when she attended an iftar at their home she realized that this was her calling.

So your friend is one of those people whose fitrah remained pure despite all the filth around us. There are born muslims who do not have this.

Stay blessed and good job on helping your friend wish i was near you and could help you out in any way. Do refer to whyislam website if you need any help with dawah or helping out a new muslim. it has lots of resources

Stay strong!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I was thinking of you yesterday and here you are!

Well I had a friend who reverted to islam and her story was so inpirational. She was born into an atheist family that totally disallowed any religious activity in the house. Not even christmas, but she had such a clean fitrah that nothing was able to corrupt it. she used to make dua every night since she was a little girl that if there is a god out there please guide me to the true religion, and one day in college she met muslims and when she attended an iftar at their home she realized that this was her calling.

So your friend is one of those people whose fitrah remained pure despite all the filth around us. There are born muslims who do not have this.

Stay blessed and good job on helping your friend wish i was near you and could help you out in any way. Do refer to whyislam website if you need any help with dawah or helping out a new muslim. it has lots of resources

Stay strong!!
    Alhamdulillah a very inspiring story and baarakhAllahu feeki for the advice.

On Monday she managed to listen to 20 mins of Ruqyah which mainly consisted of Surah Al-Fatiha 7 times, surah baqarah verse 102, ayat al kursi and the last 3 quls alhamdulillah. She seemed fine whilst listening to it, she did laugh for no apparent reason during it, and after we finished she did say she didn't know why she laughed and it didn't feel like her, I obviously kept giving her encouragements like she did really well for listening for that long and well done etc.

Tuesday she was busy as her mum had some meeting and she was going to be home late and she said she would be tired (fair enough)

Yesterday she said she was really tired but managed to listen to at least 5-10 mins of ruqyah, she did complain of her head hurting but yeah I didn't push her into anything.

She did text message me a couple of times saying "thank you for helping me, I do appreciate it even if I don't show it" which I am hoping it is true (hoping she is willing to get better in sha Allah)

Today in sha Allah I hope to do ruqyah with her again. I also sent her an MP3 on Tuesday as she couldn't make it on that day, so I said try to listen on your own even for 5 mins, but not sure if she listened and again I didn't want to ask as it may seem pushy.

May Allah guide her and cure her along with us all (Ameen)

Odan
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)

alhamdulillah,It's good that she is continuing and even a small amount of ruqyah of 10-20 minutes a day is good,Count the victories even if they seem small!

When she messaged you and thanked you that was her true personality coming through and when she shows disinterest then remember that is the shaytan effecting her.

ameen to your dua

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Alhamdulillah a very inspiring story and baarakhAllahu feeki for the advice.

On Monday she managed to listen to 20 mins of Ruqyah which mainly consisted of Surah Al-Fatiha 7 times, surah baqarah verse 102, ayat al kursi and the last 3 quls alhamdulillah. She seemed fine whilst listening to it, she did laugh for no apparent reason during it, and after we finished she did say she didn't know why she laughed and it didn't feel like her, I obviously kept giving her encouragements like she did really well for listening for that long and well done etc.

Tuesday she was busy as her mum had some meeting and she was going to be home late and she said she would be tired (fair enough)

Yesterday she said she was really tired but managed to listen to at least 5-10 mins of ruqyah, she did complain of her head hurting but yeah I didn't push her into anything.

She did text message me a couple of times saying "thank you for helping me, I do appreciate it even if I don't show it" which I am hoping it is true (hoping she is willing to get better in sha Allah)

Today in sha Allah I hope to do ruqyah with her again. I also sent her an MP3 on Tuesday as she couldn't make it on that day, so I said try to listen on your own even for 5 mins, but not sure if she listened and again I didn't want to ask as it may seem pushy.

May Allah guide her and cure her along with us all (Ameen)
    Thank you for the update: Please also show her this: http://legacy.quran.com/4/27-28