Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Shah Mir dynasty (Islamic dynasty in Kashmir)

Just read about these guys, and I'm very impressed. I think many of you guys will be too:

The Shah Mir dynasty was a Muslim dynasty that lasted from 1339 to 1561, and ruled over the modern day region of Kashmir. The dynasty is credited with spreading Islam throughout the region of Kashmir, and was founded by Shah Mir (as the name suggests), a man from Swat (a place in modern day Pakistan) who settled into Kashmir with his family and quickly rose to prominence. Shah Mir quickly started the spreading of Islam across the region of Kashmir, with the aid of his sons among others.

What I love most about the dynasty was how it treated idolatry. Yes it had that liberal lunatic Zain Ul Abidin (and perhaps a couple more), but even Zain wasn't as bad as others such as Akbar (who was a complete kafir). A great example of how this dynasty treated idolatry, is arguably it's greatest ruler, Sikander Butshikan.

Basically, Sikander Butshikan made it his life long goal to destroy Hinduism and spread Islam. His name Butshikan literally means idol breaker, and is attributed to him because he didn't let a single idol stand. Sure, other rulers like Mahmud of Ghazni and Aurangzeb Alamgir did similar things, but they never managed to destroy every last idol, and often just damaged them, but not Sikander. He made sure that they were destroyed, and that they were never erected again.

He also implemented true Sharia law, this is important because even the few Muslim rulers of Hindustan who implemented Sharia, didn't do it to it's full extent or implemented a less strict version of it (either out of lack of knowledge or complete disregard). He banned haram games, alcohol, music, dancing, drama, pictures of living creatures (hence why no portrait of him exists) and every single religious practice of Hindus and Buddhists, and when I say every, I mean it. They couldn't even paint that stupid red dot on their head, pray publicly, blow a conch shell/toll a bell and couldn't cremate their dead. Jizya tax was also increased substantially and Hindu/Buddhist texts were regularly burned (lol).

Under Sikander's rule, nobody even dared break the Sharia out of fear of the punishment. He was (in my opinion) one of the greatest Islamic rulers to exist, especially since others of his position from his time were much more liberal in how they implemented Islam.

I'd suggest you read up on him, but be wary. Hindu nationalists will slander him, only trust Muslim sources but even then be dubious, the Muslims of South Asia are mostly Sufi liberals, keep this in mind.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Re: Shah Mir dynasty (Islamic dynasty in Kashmir)

UPDATE

Contemporary sources to the Shah Mir dynasty state that they actually came from another part of Kashmir, rather than Swat. So it could be either or, however, most state the dynasty was from Swat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

UPDATE

Yeah turns out only Sikander Butshikan was the real Islamist I'd hoped for. The others weren't the worst, but they weren't as special as he was.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

Sounds more like a criminal thug...

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidrohi Ronoklanto View Post
    Lol.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidrohi Ronoklanto View Post
    Of course, a polytheist sympathiser like yourself would say that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Lol.
    You don't agree with him do you? I should hope not.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

Nvm
    Last edited by Bidrohi Ronoklanto; 04-09-17 at 05:49 AM.