Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Did i Commit Shirk?

I am extremely stressed out and nervous at the moment. When i was at school today there was this girl who said something and then said "oh knock on wood" which is a superstition. I was not thinking and said "haha yea" and did the same a second later i realized this is shirk and said astaghfurallah now that im at home i feel so extremely bad and have already asked for forgiveness but i just want to know if this unintentional shirk is forgivable because i don't want to be punished in the hereafter.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)

Re: Did i Commit Shirk?

Quote Originally Posted by journeytojannah View Post
    I am extremely stressed out and nervous at the moment. When i was at school today there was this girl who said something and then said "oh knock on wood" which is a superstition. I was not thinking and said "haha yea" and did the same a second later i realized this is shirk and said astaghfurallah now that im at home i feel so extremely bad and have already asked for forgiveness but i just want to know if this unintentional shirk is forgivable because i don't want to be punished in the hereafter.
    Sister, have you considered asking someone qualified for their opinion?

For something as critical as shirk, taking an internet-ruling by randoms is a bad idea.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    631 Post(s)

All sins are forgiveable, so long as ur alive, though when it comes to sin against another person, that's another matter.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

What @horizon said.
    All sins are forgivable prior to death, and we will be judged according to our intentions. If you've done istighfar already, then you can be certain you've been absolved of a sin if it turns out to be one. This much I know for sure.

When you get more social maturity and you're better able to conduct conversations, in that situation you'll know that you can, when she says "knock on wood", you can say "God bless" about the matter as if giving a comment of your own. She doesn't need to know what you meant, she maybe thinks you meant the exact same thing as she did, but it doesn't matter to you because you meant what you meant and you said something sufficient to move away from an impasse. Or you just laugh, you'll be able to handle it all better in general.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

you committed a sin because saying "haha yea" to that person means confirming this ugly sentence

the ppl who says that word believe it reduces the evil..

If someone believes that wood can reduce the evil by itself even if Allah dose't want that it's kufr.

If someone believes that wood can reduce the evil but by Allah's will it's not kufr but it's haram and some scholars call it "minor shirk".

so you didn't commit shirk Alhamdullah.

next time don't confirm this ugly sentence weather a Muslim said it or a kafir.

btw do Christians use this word as it has relationship with the cross that they assume that Jesus has been crucified on it ?

If yes maybe it's more dangerous, I don't know then.

Anyways ask forgiveness from Allah and repeat the shahadah and everything will be great insha'Allah.