Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1580 Post(s)

Importance of the Quraish

Narrated Wathilah bin Al-Asqa':
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Indeed, Allah chose Kinanah from the children of Isma'il, and He chose Quraish from Kinanah, and He chose Hashim from Quraish, and He chose me from Banu Hashim." [sahih at Tirmidhi]

Umm Hani’ bint Abi Talib who reported that the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, said: “Allah has favoured the Quraysh with seven characteristics which he has never given to anyone before them and will never give to anyone after them:
    1) The post of the Caliph (al-Khilafah) is given to one among them,
    2) the custody of the Sacred House (al-Hijabah) is assumed by someone from amongst them,
    3) giving water to the pilgrims (al-Siqayah) during Hajj is undertaken by someone amongst them,
    4) prophethood is given to someone amongst them,
    5) they were given victory over the [army of] elephants,
    6) they worshipped Allah for seven years during which none worshipped Him,
    7) and a Surah has been revealed about them in which none but them was mentioned (For the taming of Quraysh…)”. [reported in Asbabul Nuzul by al Wahidi]

As shaykh Ibn Kathir addressed, suratul Quraish 106 was finally revealed as separate, but directly related and linked to suratal Fil 105 such that the War against the Elephants led to the uniting and securing of Quraish in Makka, as 29:67 addresses:

Have they not seen that We made [Makkah] a safe sanctuary, while people are being taken away all around them? Then in falsehood do they believe, and in the favor of Allah they disbelieve?
    Holy Quran 106:1-4:
    For the taming [covenant of security] of[for] Qureysh.
    For their taming[security] (We cause) the caravans to set forth in winter and summer.
    So let them worship the Lord of this House
    Who hath fed them against hunger and hath made them safe from fear.
    Ibn Abbas is reported to have said:
    command Quraysh to be tamed to Allah's divine Oneness; and it is also said this means: mention My blessings to Quraysh so that they be tamed to Allah's divine Oneness.

The Quraish were uniquely addressed by Allah AWJ not for utter destruction, like the Thamud, but for elevation among mankind. But also to be utterly judged such that among the Quraish is the best of mankind, Muhammad ibn Abdullah , and the worst of mankind, Abu Lahab who has the unique distinction of being named, through his vile kunya, to being named and openly judged by Allah AWJ as hellbound, along with his lowly wife.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    I thought fir'aun would have been the worst?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1580 Post(s)

Re: Importance of the Quraish

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuraba321 View Post
    I thought fir'aun would have been the worst?
    The distinction of Abu Lahab is that he was judged as being destined for Jahannah even while he lived, and was told of it, and he was specifically and explicitly mentioned in the Holy Quran. "Firaun" was definitely one of the worst, as was Nimrud, and others. Firaun was certainly more epic, which is part of what Allah destined about him, that he would be remembered for generations for his utter corruption and enmity for Allah.
    Abu Lahab, was the uncle of the Prophet and knew him personally, and yet disbelieved and openly rebelled and waged war against Islam.
    So Abu Lahab has distinctions, and many feared to be like Abu Lahab, fearing that Allah AWJ would mention them directly.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

When are you getting a quraish to untie your arab lands a establish a khilafah? Posting hadith and ruling is the last to do to bring about a khilafah.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

There is no faster way to kill the idea of a caliphate among non-arab muslims than the hadiths that say only Quraysh can be caliphs.

Unfortunately most muslims don't know of this hadith, hence why they keep parroting their support for khilafa.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    There is no faster way to kill the idea of a caliphate among non-arab muslims than the hadiths that say only Quraysh can be caliphs.

Unfortunately most muslims don't know of this hadith, hence why they keep parroting their support for khilafa.
    Only a hypocrite would reject the worship of Allah as the Sahaba exemplified and as the Prophet commanded on account of racial and ethnic bigotry and enmity. If it becomes a distinguishing factor between people, then it distinguishes the believer from the lying hypocrite.
    Holy Quran (tmq) 29:2-4
    Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
    But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.
    Or do those who do evil deeds think they can outrun Us? Evil is what they judge.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3626 Post(s)

If the hadith is sahih khalaas

Those rejecting hadith due to nationalistic arrogance should remember who exactly it is whose words they are rejecting (sallaho alayhi wa sallam)

Sometimes a person's tounge give you a taste of what's in their heart
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1580 Post(s)

And it should be known that when the Prophet died, and the Sahaba gathered to decide who should lead them, some Ansar said they should have the leadership.

An excerpt from the discussion between the Ansar who supported Sa`d bin Ubada , and Muhajireen after the Prophet's death:

The Ansar’s speaker said, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and praising Allah as He deserved, he added, ‘To proceed, we are Allah’s Ansar (helpers) and the majority of the Muslim army, while you, the emigrants, are a small group and some people among you came with the intention of preventing us from practicing this matter (of caliphate) and depriving us of it.’

When the speaker had finished, I (Umar bin al Khattab ) intended to speak as I had prepared a speech which I liked and which I wanted to deliver in the presence of Abu Bakr, and I used to avoid provoking him. So, when I wanted to speak, Abu Bakr said, ‘Wait a while.’ I disliked to make him angry. So Abu Bakr himself gave a speech, and he was wiser and more patient than I. By Allah, he never missed a sentence that I liked in my own prepared speech, but he said the like of it or better than it spontaneously.

After a pause he said, ‘O Ansar! You deserve all (the qualities that you have attributed to yourselves, but this question (of Caliphate) is only for the Quraish as they are the best of the Arabs as regards descent and home, and I am pleased to suggest that you choose either of these two men, so take the oath of allegiance to either of them as you wish."

And then Abu Bakr held my hand and Abu Ubada bin `Abdullah’s hand who was sitting amongst us. I hated nothing of what he had said except that proposal, for by Allah, I would rather have my neck chopped off as expiator for a sin than become the ruler of a nation, one of whose members is Abu Bakr, unless at the time of my death my own-self suggests something I don’t feel at present.’

https://caliphate.eu/2013/08/25/why-...urial-delayed/

Here, Umar bin al Khattab narrates a portion of the discussion between the senior believers and he agreed with Abu Bakr's statement that the Quraish have a greater right to the khilafa. So the two most senior believers agreed on this matter, and the Ansar conceded and agreed, and the consensus of the Sahaba was recognized, and it was based on the textual evidence which itself is graded as authentic.

And the circumstances revolving around this condition of the khilafah are several, including which the necessity of a khilafa- any khilafa- is greater than the fulfillment of this condition such that even though there were qualified Ansar available to lead the Muslim Ummah, when the matter came to choose between them or qualified Quraish of the highest piety and character, the "sabab" reason of this matter applies.

As well, if there are no known qualified Quraish available and the matter of the khilafa is pending, then the hadith applies
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief." [sahih Bukhari]

This text shows that the necessity of the existence of a ruler, leader, imam, khalifah, is greater than the condition of his Quraish affiliation. And the matter of the leadership of the Quraish must be placed in relation to all the textual evidence regarding the matter.

Nonetheless, the Shafii position was stated be shaykh al Mawardi in his seminal work Al Ahkam as Sultaniyah that the 7th condition of an imam/khalifah was to be of the Quraish.
    "7. Of the family of Quraish because of the text ( prophetic hadith) on the matter and by virtue of consensus."

And Allah knows best.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Kamel View Post
    Only a hypocrite would reject the worship of Allah as the Sahaba exemplified and as the Prophet commanded on account of racial and ethnic bigotry and enmity. If it becomes a distinguishing factor between people, then it distinguishes the believer from the lying hypocrite.
    Holy Quran (tmq) 29:2-4
    Woah there, hold your Camels. You're the one who is putting forward the idea that any race, ethnitcity or tribe except a quraysh is unacceptable and you're calling others bigots.

Now then, caliphate has been dead for 700+ years, it will remain Dead for the foreseeable. And looking at Iranian dominance over arabs and Turkish ambitions for new ottoman empire, you arabs will be lucky to get a position as the Royal camel herders, let alone "caliphate"

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spicen View Post
    woah there, hold your camels. You're the one who is putting forward the idea that any race, ethnitcity or tribe except a quraysh is unacceptable and you're calling others bigots.

Now then, caliphate has been dead for 700+ years, it will remain dead for the foreseeable. And looking at iranian dominance over arabs and turkish ambitions for new ottoman empire, you arabs will be lucky to get a position as the royal camel herders, let alone "caliphate"
    lol

Odan
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)

Where is the Quraish tribe today? Is it even around?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Talwaar View Post
    Last time I checked Sharif Hussein, the guy who allied with UK in WW1 against Ottomans, was a Qurayshi.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

Last time I checked Sharif Hussein, the guy who allied with UK in WW1 against Ottomans, was a Qurayshi.
    King of Jordan is also Qurayshi I heard. They are still around.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidrohi Ronoklanto View Post
    King of Jordan is also Qurayshi I heard. They are still around.
    Given his ottoman ambitions, I do wonder how much Erdogan and whoever succeeds him would trust Arabs as his muslim brothers in the long run.

These Qurayshis can easily become tools/puppets of the West and make a puppet caliphate in an effort to stop the genuine Islamic movement. Infact, Sharif Hussein planned with the British in 1915 to create "Arab Caliphate of Islam", which never came into frutiotion and later Britian held Najdi Salafists to take over Hejaz. Meanwhile after 1924, Sharif briefly claimed to be Caliph.

Not to mention there's also a religious basis for such a schism and war, Sufi Turks (+ whoever gives them bayah) VS Salafi Arabs (+whoever gives them bayah).

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

Given his ottoman ambitions, I do wonder how much Erdogan and whoever succeeds him would trust Arabs as his muslim brothers in the long run.

These Qurayshis can easily become tools/puppets of the West and make a puppet caliphate in an effort to stop the genuine Islamic movement. Infact, Sharif Hussein planned with the British in 1915 to create "Arab Caliphate of Islam", which never came into frutiotion and later Britian held Najdi Salafists to take over Hejaz. Meanwhile after 1924, Sharif briefly claimed to be Caliph.

Not to mention there's also a religious basis for such a schism and war, Sufi Turks (+ whoever gives them bayah) VS Salafi Arabs (+whoever gives them bayah).
    The issue here is that the Quraysh are not prone to being traitor, incompetent or competent just because they are Quraysh. The issue here is Quraysh are people, people just like you and me. There is nothing divine in them for one characteristic or the other. Therefore, I do not really see any reason why a Quraysh must be appointed or given preference for the Khilafah. As such I find it hard to believe the Prophet SAW would order something as illogical as this.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

The issue here is that the Quraysh are not prone to being traitor, incompetent or competent just because they are Quraysh. The issue here is Quraysh are people, people just like you and me. There is nothing divine in them for one characteristic or the other. Therefore, I do not really see any reason why a Quraysh must be appointed or given preference for the Khilafah. As such I find it hard to believe the Prophet SAW would order something as illogical as this.
    I am NOT AT ALL suggesting they are prone to being traitors.

What I said was that the West politicians will probably know about this "condition" of Quraysh having the only legitimate claim for caliphate. So if there's a new genuone islamic power, the west can make and support a puppet Quraysh caliphate which will then declare a Jihad on the new islamic power.

And since that new power will mostly likely be sufi turks, the pro-western Quraysh caliphate will be very attractive to Arab salafis.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

Were the Ottomans caliphs like the ‘Abbasids and Umayyads? Because some people say that they were not caliphs because they were not from Quraysh.

Praise be to Allah
    Firstly:

The majority of scholars are of the view – and it was narrated that there was consensus – that it is stipulated that the caliph of the Muslims should be a Qurashi (i.e., from Quraysh), because of the report narrated by Ahmad (12307) from Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The imams (rulers) are to be from Quraysh.”

Conclusion:

The Ottoman caliphate was a legitimate and valid caliphate, under whom the ummah was united.

The Ottoman caliphate carried the banner of Islam and raised the flag of jihad for several centuries, and crusader Europe used to fear it and look for an opportunity to put an end to it, until they were able to achieve that at the beginning of the last century.

The Ottoman sultans varied in terms of their adherence to the faith and the soundness of the ‘aqeedah (beliefs). But we do not cast aspersions upon the validity of their caliphate, especially during the times when they were strong and the Muslims were united behind them. Whatever happened of shortcomings or deviations among them in later eras, it is for Allah to judge.

Please see also the answer to question no. 11747

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/227620
    Last edited by imran1976; 04-09-17 at 05:33 AM.
    "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
    western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Talwaar View Post
    all the saudi's claim to be quraysh , khalifa cheezeburger claimed he was from the quraysh.

what i've heard is , the quraysh of that time were the most educated and smart ones

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imran1976 View Post
    Were the Ottomans caliphs like the ‘Abbasids and Umayyads? Because some people say that they were not caliphs because they were not from Quraysh.

Praise be to Allah
    Firstly:

The majority of scholars are of the view – and it was narrated that there was consensus – that it is stipulated that the caliph of the Muslims should be a Qurashi (i.e., from Quraysh), because of the report narrated by Ahmad (12307) from Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The imams (rulers) are to be from Quraysh.”

Conclusion:

The Ottoman caliphate was a legitimate and valid caliphate, under whom the ummah was united.

The Ottoman caliphate carried the banner of Islam and raised the flag of jihad for several centuries, and crusader Europe used to fear it and look for an opportunity to put an end to it, until they were able to achieve that at the beginning of the last century.

The Ottoman sultans varied in terms of their adherence to the faith and the soundness of the ‘aqeedah (beliefs). But we do not cast aspersions upon the validity of their caliphate, especially during the times when they were strong and the Muslims were united behind them. Whatever happened of shortcomings or deviations among them in later eras, it is for Allah to judge.

And Allah knows best.

i heard the reason for that in that time was because the Quraysh were the people with influence , education and more advanced compared to the other tribes.

secondly in todays time, finding leaders based on that they were quraysh is proly one of the reasons why the saud family still clings to power despite whatever haraam they do.

there should be a more deep analysis into this looking at the context and time.

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)

What I said was that the West politicians will probably know about this "condition" of Quraysh having the only legitimate claim for caliphate. So if there's a new genuone islamic power, the west can make and support a puppet Quraysh caliphate which will then declare a Jihad on the new islamic power.

And since that new power will mostly likely be sufi turks, the pro-western Quraysh caliphate will be very attractive to Arab salafis.
    one of the reasons propagated to fight the ottomons by the arabs was that they weren't quraysh if i remember correctly.

Abu jarir even boasted how the arabs were in the right for the rebellion cause only they deserve to be leaders and all others deserved to be rebelled against even if it means allying with the british.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imran1976 View Post

Praise be to Allah
    Firstly:

Conclusion:

And Allah knows best.

This is a face-save fatwa. I'm 90% sure, the shaykh doesn't actually believe in his own fatwa.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    one of the reasons propagated to fight the ottomons by the arabs was that they weren't quraysh if i remember correctly.

Abu jarir even boasted how the arabs were in the right for the rebellion cause only they deserve to be leaders and all others deserved to be rebelled against even if it means allying with the british.
    Yes, as I mentioned Sharif Hussein believed Ottomans were an invalid caliphate because of this and other reasons.

That's why he planned with British in 1915 to form what he called Arab Caliphate of Islam.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

This is a face-save fatwa. I'm 90% sure, the shaykh doesn't actually believe in his own fatwa.
    I don't understand how the alim went from the first paragraph posting hadith about quraish and then went straight into the first three lines of the conclusion paragraph. Says it all.

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)

Because of their position as the leading Arab tribe, most classical scholars made it a condition that the Caliph be a member of the Quraish. However, some scholars did not require such a condition when the political context had changed.

Ibn Khaldun writes:

ومن القائلين بنفي اشتراط القرشية القاضي أبو بكر الباقلاني لما أدرك عليه عصبية قريش من التلاشي والاضمحلال واستبداد ملوك العجم من الخلفاء فأسقط شرط القرشية وإن كان موافقا لرأي الخوارج لما رأى عليه حال الخلفاء

Among those who did not require the condition of being from the Quraish tribe was the judge Abu Bakr Al-Baqillani when he realized that in his time the solidarity in favor of the Quraish had vanished and that foreign kings possessed power over the Caliphs, so he no longer saw a need for this condition, despite agreeing with the Khawarij on this matter, since he could observe the state of the Caliphs.

Source: Al-Muqaddimah 1/99

Abu Bakr Al-Baqillani (d. 402AH/1013CE) was a Maliki scholar who held the position of chief judge outside the capital city of Baghdad. He considered that the office of Caliph did not require the condition of descent from the Quraish tribe due to the fact that the Quraish had lost their reputation as the leading tribe in Arabia and the Muslim world.

Sheikh Walid ibn Ali Al-Husayyin, professor at Al-Qasim University, summarizes this view:

It would seem that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said that the leader should be from Quraish because a head of state needs to be able to command respect and have the power to mobilize people to action. He needs to possess this ability in order to work towards the welfare of the nation. This will not be possible for a leader regarded in his society as being a person of ignoble status. In Arabia at the Prophet’s time, only Quraish had the necessary political clout… This is the reason why a good number of Islamic scholars throughout the ages have ruled that the condition of being from Quraish does not apply except in the first era of Islam. In later times, there is no benefit to be had from upholding such a condition. The necessity of the leader being from Quraish was a political reality at the Prophet’s time, but it did not remain so.

Source: Islamtoday.net

We should not understand from the Prophet’s statement that there is an inherent virtue in the lineage of the Quraish apart from righteousness. The quality that makes someone virtuous is their righteousness and Godfearing piety (taqwa) and not their ethnicity or tribe.

Allah said:

إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ

Verily, the most noble of you to Allah are the most righteous.

Surat Al-Hujurat 49:13

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

وَمَنْ بَطَّأَ بِهِ عَمَلُهُ لَمْ يُسْرِعْ بِهِ نَسَبُهُ

Whoever is slow to good deeds will not be hastened by his lineage.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2699, Grade: Sahih

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَذْهَبَ عَنْكُمْ عُبِّيَّةَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ وَفَخْرَهَا بِالْآبَاءِ إِنَّمَا هُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ تَقِيٌّ وَفَاجِرٌ شَقِيٌّ النَّاسُ كُلُّهُمْ بَنُو آدَمَ وَآدَمُ خُلِقَ مِنْ تُرَابٍ

Verily, Allah has removed from you the pride of the time of ignorance with its boasting about ancestors. Verily, either one is a believer who fears Allah or a miserable sinner. The people are all the children of Adam, and Adam was created from dust.

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 3955, Grade: Hasan

Despite contextual preference given to the Quraish, this does not exclude other righteous Muslims from taking positions of leadership in Islam.

Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

اسْمَعُوا وَأَطِيعُوا وَإِنْ اسْتُعْمِلَ عَلَيْكُمْ عَبْدٌ حَبَشِيٌّ كَأَنَّ رَأْسَهُ زَبِيبَةٌ

Listen and obey your ruler even if he were an Abyssinian slave whose head looks like a raisin.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 6723, Grade: Sahih
    it was actually a political thing taking in view the situation in that time , quraysh have literally no hold of respect or favour from others in todays time , infact people don't even know who quraysh are nowadays and not to mention there are no tribes anymore.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

I don't understand how the alim went from the first paragraph posting hadith about quraish and then went straight into the first three lines of the conclusion paragraph. Says it all.
    There's a link provided, click that link and read the whole fatwa ---- instead of copy/pasting whole fatwa, I just posted first paragraph and the conclusion.
    "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

Shah Waliullah says in his work 'izalat al khafa'

"Khilafah is the leadership of people united in a commonwealth which comes into existence for the establishment of the Deen including revival of religious branches of learning, institution of Islamic ritual observances, organization of jihad… marshalling an army, remunerating the combatants, creating a judicial system and enforcing the laws, curbing of crimes… All these functions have to be performed by it as if it were deputising and representing the Prophet Muhammad .”

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

it was actually a political thing taking in view the situation in that time , quraysh have literally no hold of respect or favour from others in todays time , infact people don't even know who quraysh are nowadays and not to mention there are no tribes anymore.
    Allah said:

إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ

Verily, the most noble of you to Allah are the most righteous.

Surat Al-Hujurat 49:13

وَمَنْ بَطَّأَ بِهِ عَمَلُهُ لَمْ يُسْرِعْ بِهِ نَسَبُهُ

Whoever is slow to good deeds will not be hastened by his lineage.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2699, Grade: Sahih

إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَذْهَبَ عَنْكُمْ عُبِّيَّةَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ وَفَخْرَهَا بِالْآبَاءِ إِنَّمَا هُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ تَقِيٌّ وَفَاجِرٌ شَقِيٌّ النَّاسُ كُلُّهُمْ بَنُو آدَمَ وَآدَمُ خُلِقَ مِنْ تُرَابٍ

Verily, Allah has removed from you the pride of the time of ignorance with its boasting about ancestors. Verily, either one is a believer who fears Allah or a miserable sinner. The people are all the children of Adam, and Adam was created from dust.

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 3955, Grade: Hasan

Despite contextual preference given to the Quraish, this does not exclude other righteous Muslims from taking positions of leadership in Islam.

Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

اسْمَعُوا وَأَطِيعُوا وَإِنْ اسْتُعْمِلَ عَلَيْكُمْ عَبْدٌ حَبَشِيٌّ كَأَنَّ رَأْسَهُ زَبِيبَةٌ

Listen and obey your ruler even if he were an Abyssinian slave whose head looks like a raisin.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 6723, Grade: Sahih
    Ofcourse these ayat and hadith that agree with the Quran and the general doctrine of equality in Islam does not apply. What applies? All the hadith that are in contradiction with the Quran. If it's too far fetched or too difficult to reconcile the conflicting hadith, we must all go on a verbal gymnastic to make Quran agree with those. So quraishi khalifa it is. Obey you slave!
    Last edited by Bidrohi Ronoklanto; 04-09-17 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

When are you getting a quraish to untie your arab lands a establish a khilafah? Posting hadith and ruling is the last to do to bring about a khilafah.
    Knew Bidrohi would be here sprouting his filth, hate against the Quraysh,

Mods should just ban this Dirty individual outright permanently

Bidrohi and the Dirty Nationalists worst nightmare is this Mutawattir hadith which says Khalifa should be from the Quraysh...

narrated by Ahmad (12307) from Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The imams (rulers) are to be from Quraysh.”

This is a mutwaatir, saheeh hadith, as al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said, as is stated in Sharh Nakhbat al-Fikr by al-Qaari (p. 190)

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 04-09-17 at 12:29 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    If the hadith is sahih khalaas

Those rejecting hadith due to nationalistic arrogance should remember who exactly it is whose words they are rejecting (sallaho alayhi wa sallam)

Sometimes a person's tounge give you a taste of what's in their heart
    Akhi the Hadith is not only Sahih, it's Mutawattir,

And the likes of Bidrohi and co don't accept it, if I recall correctly Bidrohi claimed he'll never accept an Arab khalifa,

True they are displaying the disease in their hearts,

Nauzibillah
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 04-09-17 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

You can't argue against Mutawattir Sahih hadith based on your assumptions,

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    You can't argue against Mutawattir Sahih hadith based on your assumptions,
    I've heard numerous arguments against this Hadith, saying how the ruling doesn't apply now and what not.

However, I for one would just want the Caliph to be righteous. If he fits the description, I'll follow him. If not, it'll depend on how unrighteous he is.

His tribe/ethnicity doesn't matter to me, so long as he isn't a racial supremacist. Cause if he is, he's going to end up like the Ummayads.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dsr478 View Post
    I've heard numerous arguments against this Hadith, saying how the ruling doesn't apply now and what not.

However, I for one would just want the Caliph to be righteous. If he fits the description, I'll follow him. If not, it'll depend on how unrighteous he is.

His tribe/ethnicity doesn't matter to me, so long as he isn't a racial supremacist. Cause if he is, he's going to end up like the Ummayads.
    Islam was completed over1400 years ago, and people already think part of it doesn't apply because they don't like it,

This is exactly what Deviants do,

Unless there is evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah to say the ruling was for that time only and doesn't apply to us, we can't tell porkies and make stuff up,

To reject a Sahih Hadith is Kufr.

Yes of course the caliph is supposed to be righteous, but the likes of Bidrohi won't accept an Arab khalifa, regardless

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dsr478 View Post

the thing here is the sahih hadith was in a time where the Quraysh were looked up to , like how white people are looked up to nowadays.

Nowadays , hardly anyone even know what a quraysh is , the dynamis and socio political situation has all changed.

There is even a hadith of following a leader who is an abysinnian slave , those people were certainly not quraysh yet even if hes the leader then you must follow him , so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what context is....

one of the reasons why MAW claimed the ottomons were not legit rulers was because of the arab supremacy issue which they took from that hadith and claimed how only they can be the rulers and then claimed how rebellion was the right thing to do against the ottomons which even justified their reasons for allying with the british.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Saiful-arab's posts always makes me smile.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

I'm actually very curious to know of the turkish shaykhs' opinions regarding this matter, the Ottomans had their own office of Shaykh ul Islam, would have been nice to read what they said.

Alas, I don't know turkish or old ottoman language so not even sure where to start looking.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

@noobz - here's an interesting read about the Caliphate between arab nationalists who said tribal lineage is mandatory for caliphate and the pro-Ottoman view.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://e..._GmIC7r_rTENJA

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

@imran1976 @noobz @Bidrohi Ronoklanto @Poster Please read this.

Quote from link in post 36

The debate over the “Quraysh condition” for the caliphate was, as mentioned above, revived in the late Ottoman era (late nineteenth century) when Arab nationalists, with the “encouragement” of the Britishand the French, made a claim for an Arab Caliphate. The proponents of the “Arab Caliphate,” such as Egyptian intellectuals Abdur-rahman al-Kawakibi and Rashid Rida, based their objection to Ottoman rule on the claim that the Ottoman sultans had seized the caliphate from the Abbasids by force, and that Arabs had a religious and historical right to the caliphate. In particular, they claimed that the caliph
    should be a member of the Quraysh tribe, based on the Quraysh hadith. This claim in particular, and Arab nationalism in general, had a close connection with
    the international political context of the early twentieth century—i.e., with British and French colonial activities. Both Britain and France had plans to install ‘puppet’ caliphs in the Arab world to politically and ideologically control Muslims in colonial India and North Africa. The French were planning to create
    “Maghrib caliphate” by installing Sultan Yusuf of Morocco as caliph, whereas the British wanted to create an “Arab caliphate” under their own control by
    helping Sharif Hussein of Mecca declare his rule.

Starting in 1915, as indicated by an exchange of letters with Lieutenant Colonel Sir Henry McMahon, the British High Commissioner in the Sultanate of Egypt, Hussein seized the opportunity and demanded recognition of an Arab nation that included the Hejaz and other adjacent territories as well as approval for the proclamation of an Arab Caliphate of Islam.
    (Source for this para: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussei...harif_of_Mecca)

The main aim of the colonial powers was to break the
    political and ideological power of the Ottoman sultan
    on their Muslim colonies, and ultimately to destroy
    the Ottoman caliphate, which was a real threat to their
    interests in the Muslim World. For this purpose, they
    started an anti-Ottoman campaign, which involved
    the effective propaganda for the illegitimacy of the
    Ottoman caliphate (discussed above) that also affected
    Arab nationalist intellectuals and politician
    Last edited by Spicen; 07-09-17 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

one of the reasons why MAW claimed the ottomons were not legit rulers was because of the arab supremacy issue which they took from that hadith and claimed how only they can be the rulers and then claimed how rebellion was the right thing to do against the ottomons which even justified their reasons for allying with the british.
    So you have been reading your hero's works. Interesting.

Care to say where exactly you read that?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

the thing here is the sahih hadith was in a time where the Quraysh were looked up to , like how white people are looked up to nowadays.

Nowadays , hardly anyone even know what a quraysh is , the dynamis and socio political situation has all changed.

There is even a hadith of following a leader who is an abysinnian slave , those people were certainly not quraysh yet even if hes the leader then you must follow him , so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what context is....

Islamically, you are obliged to follow the Caliph so long as it acts Islamically, even if the position was taken by force like with the Ummayads.

The Qurayshi supremacists just say it's sinful for someone to become a Caliph whilst not being Qureshi (provided they know of the whole Quraysh thing), however for the average commoner they must accept the Caliph so long as he acts Islamically, even according to Qureshi supremacists.

IMO, since nobody respects the Quraysh tribe anymore unless they are direct descendants of Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), the picking might have to be limited even further, and they're the only lineage which Muslims would unanimously accept, even kafir Shia's.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Islam was completed over1400 years ago, and people already think part of it doesn't apply because they don't like it,

This is exactly what Deviants do,

Unless there is evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah to say the ruling was for that time only and doesn't apply to us, we can't tell porkies and make stuff up,

To reject a Sahih Hadith is Kufr.

Yes of course the caliph is supposed to be righteous, but the likes of Bidrohi won't accept an Arab khalifa, regardless

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    If someone won't accept a Caliph purely because he's Arab, then they can buzz off because that's haram.

There are certain rulings that have context to them, for example, the whole wearing trousers below the ankles thing.