Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

Severe Depression & Fear of the Afterlife

Basically I'm at my lowest point. I've never felt so lost and alone, I know that sounds silly but really truly everyone is starting to drift away from me...

I am scared of death and the grave, I am scared of Yawm al Qiyamah, I am terrified of the Hellfire. The problem is I commited so many sins but I feel like my repentance is not sincere and I know for a fact it will not be expected, as I always go back to the same sins even after I make tawbah... not because I am addicted to them , but for my own pleasure

Today was the worst day of my entire life and it is very clear Allah swt is punishing me. I was severely depressed all day and couldnt talk to anyone, also when I tried to talk to my friends and family and they kind of walked away from me (they'd only talk to me for like a brief minute then walk away quickly to talk to someone else, obviously not interested in me / they just dont like me as a person anymore.

I don't blame them, I'm disgusting...

I'm also failing some courses in my academy (not literally F's, but VERY low grades, my parents do not know yet)...I can't study I can't concentrate, I'm so depressed and also afraid of Allah swt. I know Allah swt is for sure punishing me,,, I do not have sincere taqwa of Allah as I always go back to these sins for my own pleasure, not because of addiction, which is like 10x worse

I really need someone to talk to, I really hope there's a sister out there willing to PM ... i cannot talk on this thread, as there are some things i did that are far too inappropriate for me to write here in a public forum ...

I need help :'(

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Re: Severe Depression & Fear of the Afterlife

Even if you combine all the sins in this world, it still doesnt compare to Allah SWT mercy. He Forgives those with sincere repentance.

Why dont you dedicate tonight to praying tahajud and ask that Allah Guides you.

true tawbah is with giving up your sin.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

are there any other sisters who can PM and willing to help? i really need help right now.

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

-bumping topic so any sisters cabn see it-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Don't be so hard on yourself. Depression is an illness in and of itself, and when you're depressive every negative thought is amplified and it can be overwhelming. Including your fear of the afterlife. I don't know what the nature of your sins are, but it's likely the cause of your depression. A lot of people who have addictions don't actually realise they are addicted, until they really try to stop. I know for a long time I used to think 'I'm not addicted, I'm just weak willed. I just need to try harder' but acknowledging an addiction is the first step to overcoming it. I've dealt with addictions and depression so feel free to PM if you need to talk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Sister, I have been through very severe depression, bed bound for 4 years of my life, now I still have depression but alhamdulilah its not as bad as it used to be. Inshallah, Allah will show you a way out of every difficulty.

PM if you want to talk, thats why I have kept my post very brief

P*ki is outta containment Arsalan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Did you smoke weed or something?
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    935 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan View Post
    Did you smoke weed or something?
    Whats wrong with you the sisters asking for help after a sensitive issue and u say something like that