Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Icon9 I am very confused.

Okay so I am 13 years old now, Last year I discovered Islam thru a nasheed which popped up in my recommendations on Youtube. I found myself really enjoying it so I decided to start researching, I started talking to Muslims online asking them questions and checking out books about Islam at my local library. I am positive I want to convert, I told my best friend and she thinks I'm insane and says its just a phase but I know Allah guided me to him. I haven't told either of my parents directly, but I am constantly talking about Islam to my mother, so I think she has an idea. She is very open minded and I am tired of trying to hide this so for the past month I've been thinking of taking a small step and asking her to buy me a Quran but for some reason I am so scared. I told myself I'd wait till I am old enough to get proper help at a mosque but I cant wait this long, theres not a day that goes by that Allah is not in my mind. What do I do? What do you think?

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Re: I am very confused.

convert and thank Allah that he guided you.

@khiriya reverted at 15 iirc
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

you dont even think about it how lucky you are that even you are not muslim and you are crazy about islam and Allah and we are muslims and we are very far from him so my sister we welcome you please do this as soon as possible convert to muslim but remember dont step back and be brave my sis because may be there is some hurdles come to you its obvious when you are on right path you have to face some difficult time but believe me Allah inshAllah gave you very best time in your life and after this too i am very happy and proud of you and your views long live sister

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    821 Post(s)

Dont delay your Shahadah.
    Allah loves you and holds you in high esteem to grant you His love.
    I cant say much more as I am not sure how the Mosques run in your area or if there are any.
    If you are close maybe link up with some sisters there or on this forum who are practicing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Please tell your mom... I waited wayyy to long and now I'm leading a double life..
    The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iamkay View Post
    Okay so I am 13 years old now, Last year I discovered Islam thru a nasheed which popped up in my recommendations on Youtube. I found myself really enjoying it so I decided to start researching, I started talking to Muslims online asking them questions and checking out books about Islam at my local library. I am positive I want to convert, I told my best friend and she thinks I'm insane and says its just a phase but I know Allah guided me to him. I haven't told either of my parents directly, but I am constantly talking about Islam to my mother, so I think she has an idea. She is very open minded and I am tired of trying to hide this so for the past month I've been thinking of taking a small step and asking her to buy me a Quran but for some reason I am so scared. I told myself I'd wait till I am old enough to get proper help at a mosque but I cant wait this long, theres not a day that goes by that Allah is not in my mind. What do I do? What do you think?
    Best get to it ASAP, don't be afraid. Whatever happens, Allah has willed it for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah012 View Post
    Please tell your mom... I waited wayyy to long and now I'm leading a double life..
    Why can't you tell her now?

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

Double life?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayman2 View Post
    Why can't you tell her now?
    There are a lot of things going on inside my family right now which places a lot of stress on my family... I don't want to get into it but me coming out would make things worse.
    In 2 weeks im going to college in a city with lots of Muslims (unlike the place I live in now). So it's better to wait. I can't come out as a Muslim with no Muslims arround me to back me up.

But I regret waiting such a long time.. As a secret Muslim you obviously can't go to parties etc. but you can't tell your friends why which will lead to them thinking you're a no-life hermit.
    But I have nothing to complain about masha'Allah.
    Wait a month or two and I tell my mom.
    I'm gonna give her top-notch dawah insha'Allah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Double life?
    Yup.. My family knows nothing yet I pray 5x a day, I fasted during Ramadhan, I drink like a Muslim, I eat like a Muslim etc.

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

Yup.. My family knows nothing yet I pray 5x a day, I fasted during Ramadhan, I drink like a Muslim, I eat like a Muslim etc.
    Do you claim to be a non Muslim in front of them?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Do you claim to be a non Muslim in front of them?
    No they never asked...
    If they were to ask me honestly, i think i would proclaim my islam..

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

No they never asked...
    If they were to ask me honestly, i think i would proclaim my islam..
    You must if they do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

You must if they do.
    Yes I will....

You must think of me as a coward but please don't. I have my reasons...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

But I regret waiting such a long time.. As a secret Muslim you obviously can't go to parties etc. but you can't tell your friends why which will lead to them thinking you're a no-life hermit.
    But I have nothing to complain about masha'Allah.
    Wait a month or two and I tell my mom.
    I'm gonna give her top-notch dawah insha'Allah.
    Ah, I see. Do you think you can get into lot of trouble if you tell them (your family)?
    May Allah help you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

You must if they do.
    Why he must? he knows his situation
    In worse case scenario, he can refuses to answer

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

Yes I will....

No one has any right to judge you, may Allah make it easy for you, and may He guide your family to Islam through you. How old are you if you don't mind me asking (you don't have to answer this)? And how do you get around to eating only halal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abisali View Post
    No one has any right to judge you, may Allah make it easy for you, and may He guide your family to Islam through you. How old are you if you don't mind me asking (you don't have to answer this)? And how do you get around to eating only halal?
    ameen thanks.
    I'm 17. I buy only products with fish or no meat myself. But for diner I will dodge around eating haram. I'll say I'm not hungry or sneak away with the meat.
    I really miss eating chicken and beef, because no store in my town sells it but Allah gives you something better in return if you give up something for His sake.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

ameen thanks.
    I'm 17. I buy only products with fish or no meat myself. But for diner I will dodge around eating haram. I'll say I'm not hungry or sneak away with the meat.
    I really miss eating chicken and beef, because no store in my town sells it but Allah gives you something better in return if you give up something for His sake.
    MashaAllah
    I am just curious, how did you revert? what was the trigger?

Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16465 Post(s)

Yes I will....

No I don't, don't worry.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    convert and thank Allah that he guided you.

@khiriya reverted at 15 iirc

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)

MashaAllah
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

How do you think your father will react? Since you said your mother is open minded, do you think it's better to first tell her about converting and then speak to her about your father?

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    subhanlla
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Many people will make you rush through some facts. But as for a fact, they aren't facts for you yet. Go confirm these facts whether or not they really are facts. Do not take word of every other muslim down the street (whatever sect they are from). And I say, do not rush through things. In the long run it won't help you. Take one step at a time, means, take one thing, look into it. Immerse in it's study, find if it is correct, then believe it. I've learned that Islam is not studied on the basis of one's emotions, it's on intellect. One nasheed won't make it all GOOD for you. You've to first learn the basics, then study if the basics taught to you are right!

And coming back to the topic, some non-muslim's aren't as open-minded as they seem. They are something else in front of you, and verily something else at another time. Take account of that, and keep in mind that Allah (swt) says in the Quran:

[29:2] Do the people think that they will be left to say, "we believe" and they will not be tested?

Sincerely,
    Zavon.
    Last edited by Zavon; 15-08-17 at 05:50 PM.
    THE HOLY QURAN SAYS:

[2:286] Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear. [27:65] No one in the heavens and the earth knows the unseen but Allah. [29:2] Do the people think that they will be left to say, "we believe" and they will not be tested?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Learn the Sunnah and learn Arabic. Learn the Quran in Arabic for it is in Arabic.

Source(Video): "The Importance of Learning Arabic Language | Shaykh Ahmad al-Hazimi" from Tawhidullah

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Mashallah sister you are lucky

My advise to you is to say Shahadah means to say there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger and Eesa "Jesus" is his messenger too (if you are Christian)

Then learn about Islam step by step and don't push yourself so hard

If you think your mother is open minded then you can tell her but if she is not then practise Islam secretly until you are ready to tell your parents about that..

Here are some links will help you

HOW TO CONVERT TO ISLAM AND BECOME A MUSLIM

http://www.islamreligion.com/categor...vert-to-islam/

WHAT IS ISLAM

http://www.islamreligion.com/categor...iefs-of-islam/

And you can learn and listen to Quran

https://youtu.be/-PqP0BCiTlE
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

ameen thanks.
    Mashallah brother you are in Jihad

Allah said :

("As for those who strive in Our cause, We shall surely guide them to Our Ways. Indeed Allah is with those who do good.") Quran 29:69
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Also, you need to be careful when it comes to studying Islam because there are books, websites, etc., with information that is totally wrong and could lead you astray. Learning about Islam by reading books from a public library might not be the best thing. Random books chosen by people who aren't even Muslim aren't reliable sources. You should also be careful when speaking to people on the internet about Islam because some are misguided and they can lead you down paths you will regret taking. I did both of these things. I did not have the correct understanding of Islam before I converted because of reading books from the library and because I would learn from anyone who claimed to be a Muslim, I ended up getting influenced in a horrible way and the same happened to another sister on here. Please be careful.

Here are some sites that can help, insha'Allah:

http://muslimconverts.com/index.htm
    https://diploma.islamiconlineunivers...?categoryid=20 - these are courses for new Muslims and you should definitely take the first day course as soon as possible
    https://islamqa.info/en/tree - you can read about pretty much anything here
    http://www.assimalhakeem.net/ask-a-question/ - if you can't find an answer you're looking for on the link above, you can ask Shaykh Assim

With salah, there are many apps that help you find out the time for prayer and to learn to pray, there are videos on youtube you can play each time until you get the hang of it. I think the courses on IOU covers these things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayman2 View Post
    MashaAllah
    I am just curious, how did you revert? what was the trigger?
    I used to engange in vague discussions about politics on the internet... Usually concercing this shaytan idiot Geert Wilders in my country.
    They say all these horrible things about Islam and the Prophet (sallAllahu 3alayhi wasallam).
    So I was curious and when I started watching videos about islam it totally opened my eyes. I accepted islam more and more.
    It led me to convert to islam. '

One person who really inspired me aswell was a brother named Arnoud van Doorn, who used to be a follower of Geert Wilders.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

I used to engange in vague discussions about politics on the internet... Usually concercing this shaytan idiot Geert Wilders in my country.
    They say all these horrible things about Islam and the Prophet (sallAllahu 3alayhi wasallam).
    So I was curious and when I started watching videos about islam it totally opened my eyes. I accepted islam more and more.

One person who really inspired me aswell was a brother named Arnoud van Doorn, who used to be a follower of Geert Wilders.
    Woow, it just did the opposite to you
    Hamdolillah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tayoofa View Post
    Mashallah brother you are in Jihad
    Allah said :

("As for those who strive in Our cause, We shall surely guide them to Our Ways. Indeed Allah is with those who do good.") Quran 29:69
    We're all striving sister not just me.
    We've all given up on things in the dunya, and set our goals to the akhira.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

MashaAllah Brother, it's good you found a way around eating Haram food. Do your best to hold on to Islam as tight as you can, the Shaytaan will always work to lead you astray, as you can see all over the media, be it TV or Internet. Would you mind stating what city you're in? If you don't want everyone knowing where you are feel free to rep me (cat likes to eat reps) the answer or pm me. I am only curious because there might be Muslims there that you're unaware of and I'd like to search it.

*Highlight beneath this text to see a hidden message that has nothing to do with this threads topic*
    Also, I am the resident Cat Man of Ummah forums. Some members think me crazy, but I don't care, cats behave better and love better than most people. Feel free to join the Cat Avatar Club, the pictures of cats will bring smiles to peoples faces (and so we can convert more people and rule Ummah Forums with an iron paw!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Please dont lose hope brother you knew it in every right way there's come some trouble difficulties please insallah allah will help you dont try to find any person back support we are muslims and we need only allah back support no one help you faithful to you in this life just remember allah is always with you and in that case you dont need anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Mashallah bahi you are so lucky allah showers his blessing upon you i dont have words to say welcome with warm wishes brother you dont know how much our allah and prophet will proud on you mashallah

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

What do I think?
    I think you already have the faith of a Muslim you just need to say shahadah

Sister yes its scary but do you think Allah will not take care of those who turn to him

Put your trust in him he will never let you down
    Say shahadah without delay. When I embraced Islam most people in my life turned on me but subhanAllah it was hands down the best thing I ever did. The only thing I regret is that I didn't do it sooner
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

hate off to all new muslims brothers and sister and very warm welcome Allah showers his blessings upon all of you you people are the real proud for us

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

It was a pleasure to read about your intent to convert. Keep in mind tho that there is no better time than right now since we do not know what is written in our fate. Your situation may become more difficult and hostile to Islam as time progress. Once you convert you can work on your loved ones if Allah (swt) wills.

All the best

Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
    Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
    That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm proud of you sweety,, Ma shaa Allah,, I asked Allah to help you to decide properly.
    But I suggest to go to Islamic center to lead you in your problem
    best regards
    Lamia Karmi
    Its me Lamia Karmi Egyptian teacher Of Quran to non-arabic muslim sisters and kids online for a fee
    Experience 5 years in a lot of Quran academies
    Saving The Holy Quran, Ijaza in rewayat 'asem,Ijaza in Gazarya and Tajweed
    My Skype ID: quran.servant.lamia

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: I am very confused.

Heyyy.
    In this age the smallest of worries seem very big.
    You're intending to go on a journey of a lifetime and beyond. It's bound to have unknowns that can become a cause of stress if we have nobody to rely on.
    But we can rely on Allah SWT for bringing us to the best consequence. What is meant to happen will happen. And what isn't meant to happen, won't. No matter how much we let ourselves worry over the future.

Take everything one step at a time.
    Also, to break it to your parents need not be in the form of a bombshell. Shaitan will be very active with intrusions into their mind. So you have to prepare their minds and do some groundwork first. Like you could have discussions about the benefits of truth and reason and sticking to a code, and the disasters that happen when we go opposite to these.

One step at a time.
    And always smile for ur parents even when they become difficult to smile for. That way they'll know that whatever you are indulging in is making you a better person.

Be humble, not harsh.
    Be patient, don't give up at the first setback.

You'll get through it all I.A.
    You have a beautiful life ahead of you. Two lifetimes I.A.