Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Without religion I would make decisions based on what I feel best. And I would not make evil decisions

    Not having a religion is just making me confused like I should have one, but in fact, what is the benefit of it? and What if it is not true then you just believed in a fairytale like a lunatic and wasted your precious time praying in vain, or looking at the world through a fairytale story which is unreal?

  2. #2
    Odan .khayriyyah.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Well, the first obvious benefit is being saved from hellfire.

    You shouldn't view Islam as just a set of rules to abide by.

  3. #3

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    yes but what if its not real? then I did all those rules for no reason

  4. #4
    Odan Thunderstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    110

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    In that case then all you did was for no reason. You had no reason to stay alive and eat meal after meal and go to sleep or watch TV, it makes no difference. Even if you just take a pot shot at face value and pick a religion randomly while you know nothing about the religions of the world, if, like most religions in the world claim, there is an afterlife and you are judged by your deeds to then be put into a better place or a worse place accordingly, you gave it a shot to the best of your knowledge, and you have a chance to fare well. But there's no excuse for laziness in any religion, and any sentient being can figure that out, whether it be Anubis, Yama, Minos, Radamanthus, Hel or whatever other being other religions say judge you after you die.

    And the "I would choose based on what I feel without religion" - you do that about religion to begin with, and follow the one which is in tune with reality if you're honest, but in tune with you if you're egotistic. And if you're honest, you know that you are not right about everything.
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 13-08-17 at 06:35 PM.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

  5. #5
    Odan Umm Uthmaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,892
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2551 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleORQuran View Post
    yes but what if its not real? then I did all those rules for no reason
    Obviously you'd do the research required and then you either believe in the message or you don't. We muslims are convinced that Islam is the truth, so for us it only makes sense to follow this beautiful religion.
    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

  6. #6
    Senior Member Noom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleORQuran View Post
    Without religion I would make decisions based on what I feel best. And I would not make evil decisions

    Not having a religion is just making me confused like I should have one, but in fact, what is the benefit of it? and What if it is not true then you just believed in a fairytale like a lunatic and wasted your precious time praying in vain, or looking at the world through a fairytale story which is unreal?
    sister,if you look around the vastness of the universe,the billions of galaxies floating around,it points to a creator,a single creator which is uncreated.these stuff (stars,galaxies,planets) dont just come out of nowhere.now if you believe there is a creator,then after life exists,heaven/pradise/jannah or hell is a real place just like the oortcloud is a real place.life is an illusion,it is short and non-permanent,afterlife is for eternity.
    رَّبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ1

  7. #7
    061116 Rifqah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,749
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    290

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleORQuran View Post
    Without religion I would make decisions based on what I feel best. And I would not make evil decisions

    Not having a religion is just making me confused like I should have one, but in fact, what is the benefit of it? and What if it is not true then you just believed in a fairytale like a lunatic and wasted your precious time praying in vain, or looking at the world through a fairytale story which is unreal?
    What would be your benchmark of good and evil? I mean without religion, where would you decide what was good and what was bad?

    When you say wasted your time, what else would you be doing with your time? I'd like to know specifically what you would do, not just say that you would be enjoying life.

  8. #8
    a gronn
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1137 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    sometimes i think that prostitutes like the op are the problem
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

  9. #9
    islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,759
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    888

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded?

    45 23
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

  10. #10
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,034
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    909

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleORQuran View Post
    Without religion I would make decisions based on what I feel best. And I would not make evil decisions

    Not having a religion is just making me confused like I should have one, but in fact, what is the benefit of it? and What if it is not true then you just believed in a fairytale like a lunatic and wasted your precious time praying in vain, or looking at the world through a fairytale story which is unreal?
    Troll Alert! Brothers and sisters,

    First this person was asking ...

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Christianity

    Now she's claiming Religion is the problem,

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Hey! Asalaamu-Alaikum brother! Can you imagine the world without Religion (Islam)? Just take a look in the history of mankind, at the times when there wasn’t a Messenger sent to a group of people by Allah, haven’t you see the kind of lifestyle they were living?

    Let’s take the Arabs for instance, before Islam, they were compulsive gamblers. The relations of the sexes were extremely loose. Many women sold sex to make their living since there was little else they could do. These women flew flags on their houses, and were called “ladies of the flags”. Idol worshipping was also rampant where they shed human blood just for sacrifices.

    That was their lifestyle without a proper religion (Islam)!

    And when we also relate it to today’s world among the atheists and the agnostics who believed that there is no Allah. They think that man lives for himself and for the pleasures of this life. What happens when life turns sure for them? Because they don’t believe in Allah or Religion, can’t you see that the largest number of suicides takes place amongst them. Look at Japan for instance!

    So what you need to ask yourself is where were you before you were born. And why are you here right now? And where will you be going after you die? It’s something every body both believers and non-believers should know. Don’t just sit idle and said religion is the problem. There are many resources to help you to discover the truth about religion or Islam to be specific.

    There is no doubt that religion, in this case, Islam, is the only solution for the solution of mankind both in this world and hereafter.

    I don’t know if you are a Muslim. There is an article on 3 things every Muslim should know. But I think it’ll be helpful for both Muslims and non-Muslims, whatever you are, please check out the link below.

    3 things Muslims should know – Who you are, your purpose of life and your destination

    Jazakallah Khairan Katheeran.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by magok View Post
    sometimes i think that prostitutes like the op are the problem

    You are absolutely correct !! Lost souls like them blame everyone and everything EXCEPT themselves.

    Fact is you can’t even blame Satan, let alone blame God, for your actions and problems because on the Day of Judgement, Satan will say “I have no authority over you, I only invited you and you responded. So, don’t blame me but blame yourself.” – Quran 14:22

    “Indeed. Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it’s the people who are wrongdoing themselves” – Quran 10:44

    “A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the Lord.” – Proverbs 19:3

  13. #13
    a gronn
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1137 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryMyers View Post
    You are absolutely correct !! Lost souls like them blame everyone and everything EXCEPT themselves.

    Fact is you can’t even blame Satan, let alone blame God, for your actions and problems because on the Day of Judgement, Satan will say “I have no authority over you, I only invited you and you responded. So, don’t blame me but blame yourself.” – Quran 14:22

    “Indeed. Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it’s the people who are wrongdoing themselves” – Quran 10:44

    “A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the Lord.” – Proverbs 19:3
    a real inspiration are the native americans

    yes many of them are not monotheists and the others are christians but look at how they still have faith even after they almost went extinct, but a "civilized" man will get his faith shaken from a thunderstorm
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

  14. #14
    meow Abisali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,295
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    327

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Troll Alert! Brothers and sisters,

    First this person was asking ...

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Christianity

    Now she's claiming Religion is the problem,

    Our Trolldar was right, even the mods have agreed and banned them. Watch out for a pathetic new member joining the forums any time now, in attempt to make themselves feel like they've accomplished something with their lives by trolling Muslims.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    A troll is a troll. This one just got the discussion started and then got banned. It's funny,wlmost, but it's also very sad.
    The Ok wasn't going to attempt to answer anyway.
    Last edited by Fareed52; 19-08-17 at 05:15 PM.

  16. #16
    striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,635
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1583 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by magok View Post
    a real inspiration are the native americans

    yes many of them are not monotheists and the others are christians but look at how they still have faith even after they almost went extinct, but a "civilized" man will get his faith shaken from a thunderstorm
    You understated the situation. Native Americans have either been converted entirely to Christianity, or they are mushrikeen clinging to their shirk heritage of worshiping false gods and employing intercessors. They have been trapped into valuing their shirk heritage by the New Age westerners, or worshiping Isa bin Maryam .

    Their reservation communities have been decimated by liberal life, and they have been enticed into exploiting others with their gambling casinos. Gambling on reservations was allowed by Congress instead of Congress paying NA billions in restitution and punitive settlements for the oppression they faced under the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

    The trade off- being allowed to exploit and defraud common folk in exchange for generations of fraud and oppression- is a despicable and corrupt choice. Certainly beneath for what Islam stands.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

  17. #17
    Purple State of Mind IlFaraone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    388
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    First of all, why was this person banned?

    Second, saying things like, "you're gonna burn in hell", is pointless to say, because this person most likely does not believe in that to begin with. So, I'm not gonna say, believe or be burned in hell, but I think religion can save us from destruction.

    Look at Europe, Europeans have virtually destroyed Christianity in the west. Secularism has almost destroyed Christianity. Now you have women turning into men, men turning into women, homosexuality, pornography, materialism. All of this disgusting, immoral and degenerated behavior will eventually lead to their destruction. What is the birthrate of the ethnic people of Europe? What is the suicide rate in Europe? How many Europeans die each year, because of alcohol, drugs, whatever? The European woman is seen as a regular whore, she is seen as an object, not a person.

    Reinstate Christianity as the state religion and you'll get rid of most of this degeneracy, Islam gets rid of all of it. Sometimes, when I think about this, I think to myself, "Do they even want to solve these issues?". They recognize that these are problems or can be problems, because they talk about it, have debates about it, but they refuse to do anything about it.

    And if you actually think that all the wars in the Middle-East are because of religion, then you don't understand politics.
    Last edited by IlFaraone; 20-08-17 at 11:51 AM.

  18. #18
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,034
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    909

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Abisali View Post
    Our Trolldar was right, even the mods have agreed and banned them. Watch out for a pathetic new member joining the forums any time now, in attempt to make themselves feel like they've accomplished something with their lives by trolling Muslims.
    Keep that Troll Radar working at top form, we will need it akhi!

    Depraved Trolls Ned nothing but a good booting,

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  19. #19
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,034
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    909

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post
    First of all, why was this person banned?

    Second, saying things like, "you're gonna burn in hell", is pointless to say, because this person most likely does not believe in that to begin with. So, I'm not gonna say, believe or be burned in hell, but I think religion can save us from destruction.

    Look at Europe, Europeans have virtually destroyed Christianity in the west. Secularism has almost destroyed Christianity. Now you have women turning into men, men turning into women, homosexuality, pornography, materialism. All of this disgusting, immoral and degenerated behavior will eventually lead to their destruction. What is the birthrate of the ethnic people of Europe? What is the suicide rate in Europe? How many Europeans die each year, because of alcohol, drugs, whatever? The European woman is seen as a regular whore, she is seen as an object, not a person.

    Reinstate Christianity as the state religion and you'll get rid of most of this degeneracy, Islam gets rid of all of it. Sometimes, when I think about this, I think to myself, "Do they even want to solve these issues?". They recognize that these are problems or can be problems, because they talk about it, have debates about it, but they refuse to do anything about it.

    And if you actually think that all the wars in the Middle-East are because of religion, then you don't understand politics.
    The op was a confirmed Troll and hence got the boot,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  20. #20
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,034
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    909

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post
    First of all, why was this person banned?

    Second, saying things like, "you're gonna burn in hell", is pointless to say, because this person most likely does not believe in that to begin with. So, I'm not gonna say, believe or be burned in hell, but I think religion can save us from destruction.

    Look at Europe, Europeans have virtually destroyed Christianity in the west. Secularism has almost destroyed Christianity. Now you have women turning into men, men turning into women, homosexuality, pornography, materialism. All of this disgusting, immoral and degenerated behavior will eventually lead to their destruction. What is the birthrate of the ethnic people of Europe? What is the suicide rate in Europe? How many Europeans die each year, because of alcohol, drugs, whatever? The European woman is seen as a regular whore, she is seen as an object, not a person.

    Reinstate Christianity as the state religion and you'll get rid of most of this degeneracy, Islam gets rid of all of it. Sometimes, when I think about this, I think to myself, "Do they even want to solve these issues?". They recognize that these are problems or can be problems, because they talk about it, have debates about it, but they refuse to do anything about it.

    And if you actually think that all the wars in the Middle-East are because of religion, then you don't understand politics.
    The op was a confirmed Troll and hence got the boot,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  21. #21
    striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,635
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1583 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post



    Look at Europe, Europeans have virtually destroyed Christianity in the west. Secularism has almost destroyed Christianity. Now you have women turning into men, men turning into women, homosexuality, pornography, materialism. All of this disgusting, immoral and degenerated behavior will eventually lead to their destruction. What is the birthrate of the ethnic people of Europe? What is the suicide rate in Europe? How many Europeans die each year, because of alcohol, drugs, whatever? The European woman is seen as a regular whore, she is seen as an object, not a person.

    Reinstate Christianity as the state religion and you'll get rid of most of this degeneracy, Islam gets rid of all of it. Sometimes, when I think about this, I think to myself, "Do they even want to solve these issues?". They recognize that these are problems or can be problems, because they talk about it, have debates about it, but they refuse to do anything about it.

    And if you actually think that all the wars in the Middle-East are because of religion, then you don't understand politics.
    The statement enlarged and underlined wherein you call for enforcing Christianity in Europe- appears to be a statement of disgraceful Ignorance/ Jahiliyah or worse, Kufr.

    Christianity today is NOT according to the Injil. It is an act of evil oppression to call for ruling by oppression and injustice. And Christianity today is evil oppression.

    The Obligation upon the Muslim Ummah is to CALL to Islam and to rule according to Islam, not call to Christianity and enforce Trinity. Allah Mustan!

    Allah hadeek.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

  22. #22
    striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,635
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1583 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Subhanna Allah wa bihamdi-

    Laa haula walaa quwatta illa billah.

    There should be a ban on the ignorant calling people to oppression!
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

  23. #23
    Purple State of Mind IlFaraone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    388
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Kamel View Post
    Subhanna Allah wa bihamdi-

    Laa haula walaa quwatta illa billah.

    There should be a ban on the ignorant calling people to oppression!
    Always calling for a ban, it's always the same with people like you.

    You'd rather them be atheists? Is that it?

  24. #24
    الحمد لله‎ .Hajar.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    13,223
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    442

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post
    First of all, why was this person banned?

    Second, saying things like, "you're gonna burn in hell", is pointless to say, because this person most likely does not believe in that to begin with. So, I'm not gonna say, believe or be burned in hell, but I think religion can save us from destruction.

    Look at Europe, Europeans have virtually destroyed Christianity in the west. Secularism has almost destroyed Christianity. Now you have women turning into men, men turning into women, homosexuality, pornography, materialism. All of this disgusting, immoral and degenerated behavior will eventually lead to their destruction. What is the birthrate of the ethnic people of Europe? What is the suicide rate in Europe? How many Europeans die each year, because of alcohol, drugs, whatever? The European woman is seen as a regular whore, she is seen as an object, not a person.

    Reinstate Christianity as the state religion and you'll get rid of most of this degeneracy, Islam gets rid of all of it. Sometimes, when I think about this, I think to myself, "Do they even want to solve these issues?". They recognize that these are problems or can be problems, because they talk about it, have debates about it, but they refuse to do anything about it.

    And if you actually think that all the wars in the Middle-East are because of religion, then you don't understand politics.
    Are you pro-Christianity [for Christian majority countries] or pro-Islam [for Muslim majority states or maybe the whole world] or were simply making a statement on the importance of having a non-secular governing system to live by or something else altogether?

    Your post isn't quite clear, actually, it is open to different interpretations you see.



  25. #25
    Purple State of Mind IlFaraone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    388
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hajar. View Post
    Are you pro-Christianity [for Christian majority countries] or pro-Islam [for Muslim majority states or maybe the whole world] or were simply making a statement on the importance of having a non-secular governing system to live by or something else altogether?

    Your post isn't quite clear, actually, it is open to different interpretations you see.
    Just making a statement on how important religion is to one's society and how secularism is not the answer to any problems. If anything, like I said, it creates more problems. In my eyes the problems that I mentioned in that post are serious problems, but it seems that the majority of Europeans don't think they're really problems.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Sometimes I think RELIGION is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by IlFaraone View Post
    Just making a statement on how important religion is to one's society and how secularism is not the answer to any problems. If anything, like I said, it creates more problems. In my eyes the problems that I mentioned in that post are serious problems, but it seems that the majority of Europeans don't think they're really problems.
    That was their short-term view. Now they are clearly in the long term of their short-term decisions. The marriage system has now pretty much completely disintegrated and without a system of that kind they can no longer hope to reproduce from generation to generation. Men distrust women and vice versa. John Maynard Keynes, 1st Baron Keynes, once famously defended short-termism by saying: but in the long run we will all be dead. I believe that he said that about the year 1975.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop