Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Question on hadith hasan lighairihi?

I've been doing research on hadith terms and was wondering on this branch of hadith? Ff there is a hadith that early scholars declared weak or said has a weak narrator and a later scholar such as Ibn Hajar concurs but says the hadith is hasan due to others( Hasan lighairi), is it considered going/contradicting against the verdict of the earlier scholar?

On the topic of Hasan Lighairi, is this a principle from the salaf as claimed by this website: https://hadithanswers.com/can-a-weak...corroboration/

on this point, the site says this here: When a Hadith is reported with a weak chain, but has the support of another suitable chain or other texts on the same topic, it can be rightfully judged as sound (hasan lighayrihi).

In this case, if an earlier hadith scholar has not said this on a hadith, can one today really say/be sure of such a thing without the verdict of the salaf

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16378 Post(s)

Re: Question on hadith hasan lighairihi?

No, it is not.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    No, it is not.
    Can you elaborate?

Mentioned
    1109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16378 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Learnerofknowledge View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    It is not from the principle of the salaf as claimed there.

It is not considered hujjah; rulings cannot be derived from it.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

A few points:

1. To be exact, I was talking about a weak hadith with a weak chain but there is another/similar authentic hadith on the same topic. Is the weak hadith considered corroborated in this case? I wasn't asking on weak hadith strengthening each other

2. I was wondering, what about stuff related to Jannah or virtues? Is it used as evidence in those cases? And if it's supported by another authentic hadith?

3. What are your thoughts on the website I posted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Hi there, do you mind answering my questions?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

bump, the knowledgeable here are requested to shed some light on this

Bros @ZeeshanParvez @Al Mualim @iseeYou etc etc
    @ZeeshanParvez
    Last edited by talibilm09; 24-08-17 at 10:14 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)

I've been doing research on hadith terms and was wondering on this branch of hadith? Ff there is a hadith that early scholars declared weak or said has a weak narrator and a later scholar such as Ibn Hajar concurs but says the hadith is hasan due to others( Hasan lighairi), is it considered going/contradicting against the verdict of the earlier scholar?

On the topic of Hasan Lighairi, is this a principle from the salaf as claimed by this website: https://hadithanswers.com/can-a-weak...corroboration/

on this point, the site says this here: When a Hadith is reported with a weak chain, but has the support of another suitable chain or other texts on the same topic, it can be rightfully judged as sound (hasan lighayrihi).

In this case, if an earlier hadith scholar has not said this on a hadith, can one today really say/be sure of such a thing without the verdict of the salaf

Can you give few examples of such hadiths ?
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

A few points:

1. To be exact, I was talking about a weak hadith with a weak chain but there is another/similar authentic hadith on the same topic. Is the weak hadith considered corroborated in this case? I wasn't asking on weak hadith strengthening each other

2. I was wondering, what about stuff related to Jannah or virtues? Is it used as evidence in those cases? And if it's supported by another authentic hadith?

3. What are your thoughts on the website I posted?
    1. in that case, the hadith will be classed as either weak by some scholars or weak chain by others. the latter means the chain is weak but text of hadith is correct. but despite that, when we have a sahih hadith for that, then we dont need and use the weak one.

2. majority of the scholars of hadith do not take weak hadith even in virtues. it can never be used a evidence in any case. if it is supported by a sahih narration, then the sahih hadith will be used and weak one wont be use again.
    a minority of the hadith scholars said that it is permissible to take weak hadith in virtues or voluntary actions. but they added a few conditions for using the weak hadith.
    Sh. Albani said that we have no need of weak ahadith when the collection of sahih ahadith is so vast. i agree with this view.

3. i dont think it is the methodology of the salaf. but like i said, even if you label such a hadith as hasan li ghairihi, why would you use such a hadith when you have one with a saheeh sanad?