Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #1
    Member iKnowWhatiWant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3

    So I want the following things...

    - I want to be 100% practising
    - I want good company
    - I want to get married

    I live with all my family who are NOT practising in the slightest. The reaction and comments I will face (have faced) are quite displeasing. How do I work around this? I am capable of praying Salah. I haven't in a while because my family, and constant negativity has put me off. I am starting to feel empty. Being from a Pakistani background our culture comes before anything, or it is mixed with Islam. I really hate it. I can't stand this. Just typing this is making me angry.

    My company - so the friends I hold are also not practising. I am not easily distracted or influenced. I am now wondering if people who are not practising are worth having in my life? They don't bring any problems to my life. They are actually very supportive, loving people.

    I want to get married. I have told my mother it is time for me to start looking. Her first reaction wasn't good. She just referred to the shambles of a marriage my sister went through, the strain it put on my father, and assumed I would want a typical Pakistani lavish wedding. I made it very clear I would not get a boyfriend like my sister did, and nor do I want or would accept a typical lavish Pakistani wedding. She still was displeased and the streak of culture in her came out. Since then, she hasn't mentioned it. I feel like what I want, and my happiness was ignored whilst my sister got everything she wanted, even her marrying her boyfriend was accepted.

    (My sister is now divorced. So my parents think I will end up in the same shoes as her).

    How do I find a suitable spouse? I don't trust my local mosques, and certainly don't want to ask close relatives/family friends as most of my relatives are backward and small minded. They would prefer a housewife/part time mother for their sons, and again my happiness wouldn't mean anything.

    What do I do?

    I am so confused, and tired of overthinking. I am so done with negativity and living in my sisters shadow. It is lame. I need some positive progression and I am fully aware change comes from within me.

    Help?

    Wa-Alaikum-Salaam


    iKnowWhatiWant

  2. #41
    Odan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,659
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5942 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    543

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    What exactly do you want to be?

    There is no more honourable position for a sister than becoming a mother,

    So many have sacrificed their families to chase careers, to make a "name" for themselves,
    I think we all know of those that are wanting it all but end up with very little. Attempting to juggle too much usually results in some things crashing to the floor. Most women who do work end up picking up the lions share of the work at home too. Eventually this takes it toll with home life being interrupted because they can't handle the work load and it results in the build up of resentment.

    You hear from sisters that a wife will dress up and make an effort to look her best for her husband. Where is she going to find the time to do that when she's working outside the house and inside too. Somethings got to give eventually.

  3. #42
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,545
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3537 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    305

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
    - I want to be 100% practising
    - I want good company
    - I want to get married

    I live with all my family who are NOT practising in the slightest. The reaction and comments I will face (have faced) are quite displeasing. How do I work around this? I am capable of praying Salah. I haven't in a while because my family, and constant negativity has put me off. I am starting to feel empty. Being from a Pakistani background our culture comes before anything, or it is mixed with Islam. I really hate it. I can't stand this. Just typing this is making me angry.

    My company - so the friends I hold are also not practising. I am not easily distracted or influenced. I am now wondering if people who are not practising are worth having in my life? They don't bring any problems to my life. They are actually very supportive, loving people.

    I want to get married. I have told my mother it is time for me to start looking. Her first reaction wasn't good. She just referred to the shambles of a marriage my sister went through, the strain it put on my father, and assumed I would want a typical Pakistani lavish wedding. I made it very clear I would not get a boyfriend like my sister did, and nor do I want or would accept a typical lavish Pakistani wedding. She still was displeased and the streak of culture in her came out. Since then, she hasn't mentioned it. I feel like what I want, and my happiness was ignored whilst my sister got everything she wanted, even her marrying her boyfriend was accepted.

    (My sister is now divorced. So my parents think I will end up in the same shoes as her).

    How do I find a suitable spouse? I don't trust my local mosques, and certainly don't want to ask close relatives/family friends as most of my relatives are backward and small minded. They would prefer a housewife/part time mother for their sons, and again my happiness wouldn't mean anything.

    What do I do?

    I am so confused, and tired of overthinking. I am so done with negativity and living in my sisters shadow. It is lame. I need some positive progression and I am fully aware change comes from within me.

    Help?

    Assalaamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

    Ok here is the problem as I see it.

    You are Here... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...You want to be Here

    Good intentions don't move you from your starting position to your intended destination. Active steps, action and speech does.

    The distance looks very far, it looks difficult and it is both but the only way of making such a journey is to start moving, plan small little steps and keep progressing forward towards your stated aims. You'll make mistakes, take wrong turnings along the way but you then re-calibrate your strategy and go on again.

    So small steps, planned well, moving in the right direction.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  4. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: So I want the following things...

    I think most people encouraging the sister to consider a simpler life of being a housewife and mother don't understand "why" she wants a career/business.

    If my understanding of the sister is correct, she is from the UK. Just like the US, the UK idolizes economic/financial success and "making it" is defined by how wealthy you end up. This is deeply ingrained into the society, for both men and women.

    It is very hard to make a U-turn from this, especially considering the sisters secular background.

    InshaAllah though, the sisters heart will be opened up once she starts researching Islam more and learning of the Islamic values.

    And if anything I said (about the sister) is a false-assumption, then it is my mistake and I apologize.

  5. #44
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,050
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3311 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    822

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
    - I want to be 100% practising
    - I want good company
    - I want to get married

    I live with all my family who are NOT practising in the slightest. The reaction and comments I will face (have faced) are quite displeasing. How do I work around this? I am capable of praying Salah. I haven't in a while because my family, and constant negativity has put me off. I am starting to feel empty. Being from a Pakistani background our culture comes before anything, or it is mixed with Islam. I really hate it. I can't stand this. Just typing this is making me angry.

    My company - so the friends I hold are also not practising. I am not easily distracted or influenced. I am now wondering if people who are not practising are worth having in my life? They don't bring any problems to my life. They are actually very supportive, loving people.

    I want to get married. I have told my mother it is time for me to start looking. Her first reaction wasn't good. She just referred to the shambles of a marriage my sister went through, the strain it put on my father, and assumed I would want a typical Pakistani lavish wedding. I made it very clear I would not get a boyfriend like my sister did, and nor do I want or would accept a typical lavish Pakistani wedding. She still was displeased and the streak of culture in her came out. Since then, she hasn't mentioned it. I feel like what I want, and my happiness was ignored whilst my sister got everything she wanted, even her marrying her boyfriend was accepted.

    (My sister is now divorced. So my parents think I will end up in the same shoes as her).

    How do I find a suitable spouse? I don't trust my local mosques, and certainly don't want to ask close relatives/family friends as most of my relatives are backward and small minded. They would prefer a housewife/part time mother for their sons, and again my happiness wouldn't mean anything.

    What do I do?

    I am so confused, and tired of overthinking. I am so done with negativity and living in my sisters shadow. It is lame. I need some positive progression and I am fully aware change comes from within me.

    Help?



    these are good things you seek but your main goal your main intention should be to become fully practicing. A spouse is only from the khair of this life Allah is offering jannah which is like a bazillion times better.

    Seek the hereafter and the worldly life will come inshaAllah
    The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allaah, never
    abandons repentance.
    He remains in the state of repentance until the end of his life."
    [Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah]

  6. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Salaam
    Honestly you sound really confused with what you want going by your OP.

    I cant think of any career that is completely segregated so if your career focused you would have intermix at somepoint.
    Also you want to get married and be a mother MashaAllah- but alot of mothers (shockingly even non Muslims in the west) if the can afford to become full time mothers or at least part time working (the only case that that differs is if they have already established careers where there is no part time options frequently available). Or if it essential financially for her to work.
    Alot of that is to spend time with the children and alot of the time it is simply because childcare costs are ridiculously expensive to get someone else to take care of your children full time when you could potentially be better off one parent staying at home and benefit the children. fulltime working isn't exactly the making of a close family either- both parents working with children in fulltime childcare equals a pretty depressing childhood.

    My father worked full time as a single parent as my mother died young Alhamdulillah of "housewife" aunties and grandma who took on the role of taking care of us as we often stayed over night if he worked late. It would have been awful to stay with strangers all day almost every day. Working and raising a family is very difficult.

    You seem to want to be "a modern women" yet also desire islamic values. Western modern society doesn't equal what you seem to want. So all in all pretty confusing for you and a potential spouse to be able to fulfil what you want and what is reality unfortunately.
    Wa salaam

  7. #46
    Will ruin your future
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,838
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    763 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Also a man in encouraged to help out with chores, but how much is that going to be when you as a woman work 40 hoirs a week?

    if he is going to work the same amount, what happens to the kids? Are you going to force your man do the laundry and swipe the floor after a 10 hour shift.


    I have to admit, that is a hard man to find.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

    If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

  8. #47
    Striving & Struggling Indefinable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,560
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1830 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    324

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
    - I want to be 100% practising
    - I want good company
    - I want to get married

    I live with all my family who are NOT practising in the slightest. The reaction and comments I will face (have faced) are quite displeasing. How do I work around this? I am capable of praying Salah. I haven't in a while because my family, and constant negativity has put me off. I am starting to feel empty. Being from a Pakistani background our culture comes before anything, or it is mixed with Islam. I really hate it. I can't stand this. Just typing this is making me angry.

    My company - so the friends I hold are also not practising. I am not easily distracted or influenced. I am now wondering if people who are not practising are worth having in my life? They don't bring any problems to my life. They are actually very supportive, loving people.

    I want to get married. I have told my mother it is time for me to start looking. Her first reaction wasn't good. She just referred to the shambles of a marriage my sister went through, the strain it put on my father, and assumed I would want a typical Pakistani lavish wedding. I made it very clear I would not get a boyfriend like my sister did, and nor do I want or would accept a typical lavish Pakistani wedding. She still was displeased and the streak of culture in her came out. Since then, she hasn't mentioned it. I feel like what I want, and my happiness was ignored whilst my sister got everything she wanted, even her marrying her boyfriend was accepted.

    (My sister is now divorced. So my parents think I will end up in the same shoes as her).

    How do I find a suitable spouse? I don't trust my local mosques, and certainly don't want to ask close relatives/family friends as most of my relatives are backward and small minded. They would prefer a housewife/part time mother for their sons, and again my happiness wouldn't mean anything.

    What do I do?

    I am so confused, and tired of overthinking. I am so done with negativity and living in my sisters shadow. It is lame. I need some positive progression and I am fully aware change comes from within me.

    Help?

    Don't worry about your family at the moment - you can call them to Islaam In Sha Allaah, and you will be rewarded for it.
    You're in/from Birmingham right? I hear they have a lot of Islamic classes/workshops for sisters there. Right now what you need to focus on - is your Emaan, and studying the Deen In Sha Allaah.

    You're also struggling with 'looks' and you were exploring the idea of cosmetic surgery - you need to work on that too sister. Read about women in Islaam, attend/listen to lectures too In Sha Allaah, and definitely get rid of any bad company. Or even if they're not bad - what's the point of being friends with people you don't have any religious benefit from?

    So firstly detox all these negativities and focus on learning and implementing Islaam as much as possible In Sha Allaah.

    Also sister - don't talk negatively about your family - despite their shortcomings - they are your blood. It may seem like you're worlds apart, but make excuses for their behaviour, and make du'a that Allaah the Most Merciful guides them In Shaa Allaah.


  9. #48
    adjskdjadklsadkj Pink123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    452
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: So I want the following things...

    same...but I don't want to work lol

    you've been brainwashed by feminism to think that career >> housewife when in fact it's not.

  10. #49
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,315
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4610 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    885

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
    A mother, but I do also want my own career/business.
    Remember not to compromise being a mother over job/career ukthi,

    Being there for your children, spending time with them, giving them their rights and that of your husband's tales priority over earning money,

    Of course if you can do that and find a Halaal job and perform your obligations at home then that's fine إِن*شَاءَ اَللّٰه

    Most of he time this is too much of a burden on sisters, especially those that work full time, they end up compromising their children and husbands rights,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  11. #50
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,315
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4610 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    885

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I think we all know of those that are wanting it all but end up with very little. Attempting to juggle too much usually results in some things crashing to the floor. Most women who do work end up picking up the lions share of the work at home too. Eventually this takes it toll with home life being interrupted because they can't handle the work load and it results in the build up of resentment.

    You hear from sisters that a wife will dress up and make an effort to look her best for her husband. Where is she going to find the time to do that when she's working outside the house and inside too. Somethings got to give eventually.
    That's true,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  12. #51
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,315
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4610 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    885

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Double post deleted
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  13. #52
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,315
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4610 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    885

    Re: So I want the following things...

    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

    Forgot to say this,
    @iKnowWhatiWant ukthi, don't stress yourself about finding a Job, let the man do the stressing cause that's an obligation on him by Allah عز و جل

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  14. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    271 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Assalamu alaykum

    Sister, the prayer is an obligation upon you & you must pray. We all go through tough times with our families but it doesn't excuse the prayer. Make the prayer your priority and you will see everything else fall into place Insha Allah.

    have you visited green lane mosque? Try attend some of their halaqas as you will benefit greatly and also you can make some friends

    I would advise you to put marriage on hold at the minute. Focus on your relationship with Allah subhanahu Wa ta aala first. I fear that if you look for marriage now, you will attract the wrong type of brother

  15. #54
    Member iKnowWhatiWant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

    Forgot to say this,
    @iKnowWhatiWant ukthi, don't stress yourself about finding a Job, let the man do the stressing cause that's an obligation on him by Allah عز و جل

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_ View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

    Sister, the prayer is an obligation upon you & you must pray. We all go through tough times with our families but it doesn't excuse the prayer. Make the prayer your priority and you will see everything else fall into place Insha Allah.

    have you visited green lane mosque? Try attend some of their halaqas as you will benefit greatly and also you can make some friends

    I would advise you to put marriage on hold at the minute. Focus on your relationship with Allah subhanahu Wa ta aala first. I fear that if you look for marriage now, you will attract the wrong type of brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Remember not to compromise being a mother over job/career ukthi,

    Being there for your children, spending time with them, giving them their rights and that of your husband's tales priority over earning money,

    Of course if you can do that and find a Halaal job and perform your obligations at home then that's fine إِن*شَاءَ اَللّٰه

    Most of he time this is too much of a burden on sisters, especially those that work full time, they end up compromising their children and husbands rights,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink123 View Post
    same...but I don't want to work lol

    you've been brainwashed by feminism to think that career >> housewife when in fact it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinable View Post
    Don't worry about your family at the moment - you can call them to Islaam In Sha Allaah, and you will be rewarded for it.
    You're in/from Birmingham right? I hear they have a lot of Islamic classes/workshops for sisters there. Right now what you need to focus on - is your Emaan, and studying the Deen In Sha Allaah.

    You're also struggling with 'looks' and you were exploring the idea of cosmetic surgery - you need to work on that too sister. Read about women in Islaam, attend/listen to lectures too In Sha Allaah, and definitely get rid of any bad company. Or even if they're not bad - what's the point of being friends with people you don't have any religious benefit from?

    So firstly detox all these negativities and focus on learning and implementing Islaam as much as possible In Sha Allaah.

    Also sister - don't talk negatively about your family - despite their shortcomings - they are your blood. It may seem like you're worlds apart, but make excuses for their behaviour, and make du'a that Allaah the Most Merciful guides them In Shaa Allaah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    Also a man in encouraged to help out with chores, but how much is that going to be when you as a woman work 40 hoirs a week?

    if he is going to work the same amount, what happens to the kids? Are you going to force your man do the laundry and swipe the floor after a 10 hour shift.


    I have to admit, that is a hard man to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Um_Saf View Post
    Salaam
    Honestly you sound really confused with what you want going by your OP.

    I cant think of any career that is completely segregated so if your career focused you would have intermix at somepoint.
    Also you want to get married and be a mother MashaAllah- but alot of mothers (shockingly even non Muslims in the west) if the can afford to become full time mothers or at least part time working (the only case that that differs is if they have already established careers where there is no part time options frequently available). Or if it essential financially for her to work.
    Alot of that is to spend time with the children and alot of the time it is simply because childcare costs are ridiculously expensive to get someone else to take care of your children full time when you could potentially be better off one parent staying at home and benefit the children. fulltime working isn't exactly the making of a close family either- both parents working with children in fulltime childcare equals a pretty depressing childhood.

    My father worked full time as a single parent as my mother died young Alhamdulillah of "housewife" aunties and grandma who took on the role of taking care of us as we often stayed over night if he worked late. It would have been awful to stay with strangers all day almost every day. Working and raising a family is very difficult.

    You seem to want to be "a modern women" yet also desire islamic values. Western modern society doesn't equal what you seem to want. So all in all pretty confusing for you and a potential spouse to be able to fulfil what you want and what is reality unfortunately.
    Wa salaam
    Quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi View Post


    these are good things you seek but your main goal your main intention should be to become fully practicing. A spouse is only from the khair of this life Allah is offering jannah which is like a bazillion times better.

    Seek the hereafter and the worldly life will come inshaAllah
    Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    I think most people encouraging the sister to consider a simpler life of being a housewife and mother don't understand "why" she wants a career/business.

    If my understanding of the sister is correct, she is from the UK. Just like the US, the UK idolizes economic/financial success and "making it" is defined by how wealthy you end up. This is deeply ingrained into the society, for both men and women.

    It is very hard to make a U-turn from this, especially considering the sisters secular background.

    InshaAllah though, the sisters heart will be opened up once she starts researching Islam more and learning of the Islamic values.

    And if anything I said (about the sister) is a false-assumption, then it is my mistake and I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    Assalaamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

    Ok here is the problem as I see it.

    You are Here... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...You want to be Here

    Good intentions don't move you from your starting position to your intended destination. Active steps, action and speech does.

    The distance looks very far, it looks difficult and it is both but the only way of making such a journey is to start moving, plan small little steps and keep progressing forward towards your stated aims. You'll make mistakes, take wrong turnings along the way but you then re-calibrate your strategy and go on again.

    So small steps, planned well, moving in the right direction.
    WS - I am just going to reply to everyone all at once.

    Over the weekend anxiety and stress were building about getting another job. But I am OK now. I prayed, cried, and did Du'aa.

    It seems like it is hard for some people to understand that I want to work. Working is all I have known, and it is what I am used to and it is something I want to continue to do - again bills don't pay themselves. Also I am not married, I don't have a husband to rely on. There are places I can work with women only - women's support groups/charities.

    I know women who have had families, raised kids, and worked. They have done that quite successfully. Taken time off work, and gone back to work when the children are in school.

    Yeah praying is the most important, and becoming a better Muslim is my priority now. Reading everyone's feedback has helped me change my perspective.

    Marriage is defo not in my cards right now. I am OK with that, and will be better off. Regarding being a housewife... I will cross that bridge when it comes.

    Thanks so much for everyone's support/opinion and guidance.

    <3
    Last edited by iKnowWhatiWant; 14-08-17 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    Wa-Alaikum-Salaam


    iKnowWhatiWant

  16. #55
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,315
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4610 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    885

    Re: So I want the following things...

    @iKnowWhatiWant

    Ukthi if you have no husband, brothers father, no wali to support you, then make Dua and look for a Halaal job, and nature you keep up your Salaah,

    Also why is marriage not on the cards and why are you ok with staying single?

    Rasulullah صلى الله عليه و سلم told us to get married as soon as we have the means, it helps us guard our modesty and acts as a shield against Munkar/Evil,

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  17. #56
    Member iKnowWhatiWant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: So I want the following things...

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    @iKnowWhatiWant

    Ukthi if you have no husband, brothers father, no wali to support you, then make Dua and look for a Halaal job, and nature you keep up your Salaah,

    Also why is marriage not on the cards and why are you ok with staying single?

    Rasulullah صلى الله عليه و سلم told us to get married as soon as we have the means, it helps us guard our modesty and acts as a shield against Munkar/Evil,

    For now I think it is better to stay single as I have other things like my Imaan and knowledge to focus on...
    Wa-Alaikum-Salaam


    iKnowWhatiWant

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop