Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

(Help please) How to overcome anger towards allah ?

(I am not English native speaker. i apologize for my bad grammar or stupid choice of words)

TL;DR : I made supplication to allah, he did not answer and i feel angry, disappointed and betrayed towards him.

Salām alaekom guys.

For background story :
    Two years ago i applied to a certain university abroad that i really really adored. The thing about the university i applied to is they announce the acceptance of new student a year or more after the enrollment.

During this waiting period, i supplicated to Allah vigorously. I followed the fiqh of supplication. I made extra supplications during the special times ( last third of the night, at Friday, when raining, etc) I poured all my trusts and hopes into the supplications i made, so Allah will give me permission to be accepted into the uni.

I did not get accepted and I feel anger, disappointed and betrayed.

Since then i started losing my iman, i gradually stopped praying at the mosque. I missed one or two out of five obligatory prayers and i pray the other three almost due the time. I don't read the quran anymore. I am having bad thoughts towards allah.

This is the first time i am in a great doubt since i converted 5 years ago.
    I know this religion is special, it felt super awesome when i first converted. it felt great when i am able to read the quran for the first time after desperately learning the Arabic letters. It felt great when i stick myself with other muslim brother and sister, I felt the sweetness of iman.

I want go back into these state. Please help me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Re: (Help please) How to overcome anger towards allah ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    - The Ahkira is better than Dunya
    - Patience and Allah will give and you will be satsified
    - Were you not once astray without Islam in your life and then he guided you.
    - Surely Allah is the Provider of All his servants needs.
    - think about the orphans
    - And all these dead arabs that you claim are rich getting killed by American bombs all they while they are supposed to be the demons...

Allah SWT has blessed you my friend. Prostrate to him in thanks.
    Lime green : No, the americans loves rich arab. They killed the poor one in afghanistan and iraq.

Red : Yeah guidance is nice. Really really nice.
    but the poverty are not so nice.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noormajid View Post
    You know, you're not considered poor

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: People fall into three categories: The rich, who have more than they need; The poor, who are not able to earn enough to meet their needs; And the third category, which is those who have just enough to meet their needs. Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (11/124).

Will ruin your future
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    763 Post(s)

Lime green : No, the americans loves rich arab. They killed the poor one in afghanistan and iraq.

and how about all the non-rich arabs...Those people dont matter?

What is poverty to you?

You claim you are struggling financially...But at the end of the day you are still able to fill your body with food. Can you not see the greatness of your lord?
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    I am not "pretending" that it does not matter, but you are giving way too much importance to it. The fact that you abandoned prayer for days and your emaan dropped because Allah did not answer your dua shows this.

Ask every sick person, what is the most important thing in the life ? they will answer healthiness.
    Every single thing is not so important, until you lose it.

No i did not lose my eeman in a day, the pressure has been built up for pretty much long time.

Is it too much that i want a secure life in the dunya and akhira ?
    By secure i means provide myself and the people i care a decent life, a decent food, a decent house, good education and of course islamic teaching,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    You know, you're not considered poor

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: People fall into three categories: The rich, who have more than they need; The poor, who are not able to earn enough to meet their needs; And the third category, which is those who have just enough to meet their needs. Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (11/124).
    Yeah one of the things i am afraid of is the more i practice Islam, the more troubled my dunya life is. Hence i reevaluated my life for the last couple days. Is islam really worth to strive for ? Should i leave it ? or should i stick with it ? I know hell for eternity sounds bad, and 60 - 70 years hardship of dunya life is also sounds bad but less.

Hence i asked if it is possible for stable and secure life coexist with Islam. The concept might be yes. The reality ? i don't know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

and how about all the non-rich arabs...Those people dont matter?

What is poverty to you?

You claim you are struggling financially...But at the end of the day you are still able to fill your body with food. Can you not see the greatness of your lord?
    All lives matter.

Yeah Allah is great for giving me food for the day.
    But should i became a homeless with no job, and no money first until i realise its terrible thing ?

Will ruin your future
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    763 Post(s)

All lives matter.

Yeah Allah is great for giving me food for the day.
    But should i became a homeless with no job, and no money first until i realise its terrible thing ?
    Are you homeless with no job? Why do you insist you knpw whats ahead of you?..while you have food, why dont you spend your time developing your skill pr starting a business...Strive hard.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Are you homeless with no job? Why do you insist you knpw whats ahead of you?..while you have food, why dont you spend your time developing your skill pr starting a business...Strive hard.
    No i am not, No i don't know my future, i lost my track and that is scary.

I think Allah prefer the kuffar over the muslim. He keep giving the kuffar permission to pursue higher education, and Allah knews they never do rukoo' and sujood even once in their lifetime.

Some of the kuffar countries like Czech Republic give a free higher education to anyone as long they can speak Czech native language. I haven't mention how swedish govt pay their children to attend school. In Denmark, they pay their citizen to attend college. Free tuition. And Allah gave permission for this.

Allah did not give me a permission to pursuing higher education after so much hope i poured in my duas. Never have i been so broken hearted before.

And some people will quoted a famous islamic scholar

"Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of Dua'a. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it." (Sh. Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya)

Yeah, why he didn't just do that ? why he didn't lift the veil of the unseen and show his servants how He handles their affairs for them. Everyone will be happy with this. Everyone will be thankful to Allah. It's a win-win situation. But of course people will say Allah doesn't need anything. so technically its not a win-win situation. And of course people will say He is Allah. We cannot question his actions. He is the All-knows the All-wise.

I just want my life back to its track where it used to be... is it too much ?
    is Allah even listening to my duaas, or he is so busy handling the affairs of the kuffars ?
    I am so envy with the kuffar, i am so envy with the old me.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1052 Post(s)

Five years ago i lived in a nice house, decent foods, full wallet, full of friends, studied in a local uni, basically my life was secure and on track, Until some muslim group converted me into Islam. Got me interested in Islam and eventually eeman grew in my heart. I wish those muslim groups told me that i will live a misery life with Islam. No muslim preacher would told me the hadith which says muslims lives in this dunya are like a prisoner or something at the time.

I was so curious of Islam at the time and so keen on studying Islamic teaching so i decided to stop studying at the uni, then i studied Arabic and Islamic teaching with local muslim. Worst decision ever. and now here i am living in a cubicle, eat cheap foods, jobless, can't get a job because everything needs a DEGREE in which you can attain in higher education.

And then somehow some muslim out of nowhere told me to be grateful to Allah or told me it was my fault to stop studying at the uni. Dude !!, i was a new convert at the time. Like every other new convert, we have this zing feeling about Islam. and when you have that zing feeling, you don't think, you just run towards it.

Some muslim are just don't know how to give advice properly. The communities are always showing their beautiful skin to the new convert, and after that, the services are piece of crap. Some people inside the communities are just as toxic as it can be.

I really miss my old life...

Should i go back to the kuffar side so i can live a secure and happy life ?
    But the Islamic teaching are just so beautiful and i don't want to lose it.
    Can these two coexist ? I've been wrestling with the dilemma of how these two can coexist.

I legitly believe Allah doesn't want his servants who do rukoo' and sujood to lives a secure and happy life in this dunya.

Can we have both dunya and akhira a secure and happy life ? or is it inevitable to sacrifice one ?
    I know the supplication of the prophet asking for hasana and al-'afeeyah in the dunya and the akhira. But whats the point of supplication if the result is only some disappointment ?

What chance do i have to supplicate and getting my supplication answered by Allah now when i didn't make a single prayer for the last week ? while at the other time i sticked to every single obligatory prayer in the mosque, add the voluntary prayer etc etc and still didn't get my supplication answered.

I know the concept of how Allah answer duas, either i get one of three.
    1.Get what i asked for;
    2.Get something else better in the dunya; or
    3.Get something else in the akhira.

The concept sounds great, but not so great in reality.
    Get number one ? Sweet.
    Get number two ? So i need to wait more and only god knows when will i receive it. It could be next year, 5 years, 10 or maybe just before i die.
    Get number three ? So i need to die first.

Number two is not so bad though, at least you still get something better. I know the verse how the human were created hasty. But come on, 5 years in a hard life ? that feel super long.

Number three is great. who doesn't want good things in the afterlife where everything is khayr and abqo. But when will i die ? i don't have a fucking clue.
    If i add a new option, suicide they called it, some muslim brozzer will tell me you will go to hell directly. Here i am in another dilemma.

Waiting game sucks.

When i asked why Allah did this and that, why he didn't do this or that, the muslim brozzer will tell me that i cannot question Allah. Here another dilemma.

So many questions, so little answer.
    Well then what a good thing that you took a look at the reality instead of listening to them. Why didn't you say so from the beginning.
    You were mislead, I've been saying it for a long time here on the forum and there are a few like that on here who advise people as if this is an action movie, not real life. You live your life, others don't live it for you, and you know your situation better than we do.
    You go and you get back to work on your life, you are right that you should never have given up your ongoing education in favor of "Arabic and Islamic teaching" - Islam isn't a job and people won't pay you for that, nor will Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) rain gold coins from the sky for your trouble, nor does anybody think that you should suffer to death so you can go to Heaven(yes, even the people who told you those things, why didn't you ask them what they would do in your situation and why they don't give all of their money to charity like Abu Bakr(radiallahu anhu) if it's better?), it is something we do through our entire life as a duty like eating, sleeping etc., and there's nothing strange about it, there's nothing strange about regularly doing good deeds and being thankful and staying realistic through contemplation. Abu Bakr(radiallahu anhu) would work during the day in the markets after he was appointed to be the caliph because initially nobody paid him for it, only later did the community decide to do so in order that he can devote his time to leading the ummah.
    And no, you're not by default going back "to the kuffar side" by making a living possible, we don't all have to be shuyukh, we don't all grow up with a silver spoon in our mouth and we don't need to either. This religion isn't just for them, and it was never made haram to not know everything to not be a scholar to look for sustenance etc. You will not lose Islam by fighting for your survival.

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was informed that I have said: "By Allah, I will fast all the days and pray all the nights as long as I live." On that, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) asked me. "Are you the one who says: 'I will fast all the days and pray all the nights as long as I live?' " I said, "Yes, I have said it." He said, "You cannot do that. So fast (sometimes) and do not fast (sometimes). Pray and sleep. Fast for three days a month, for the reward of a good deed is multiplied by ten time, and so the fasting of three days a month equals the fasting of a year." I said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I can do (fast) more than this." He said, "Fast on every third day. I said: I can do (fast) more than that, He said: "Fast on alternate days and this was the fasting of David which is the most moderate sort of fasting." I said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I can do (fast) more than that." He said, "There is nothing better than that."

'Umar bin Al-Khattab narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
    "If you were to rely upon Allah with the required reliance, then He would provide for you just as a bird is provided for, it goes out in the morning empty, and returns full."

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the afternoons, and during the last hours of the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).

This isn't about apostatizing or saying that learning more about Islam is useless in general or whatever, but whoever doesn't recognize that babbling Arabic or ilm 'til the cows come home doesn't make gold mines appear underneath your socks, is being a hypocrite, because if they themselves don't die of starvation from it, then they never practice what they preach. This is the religion of reality, of moderation, of sanity, sensibility, that's why you came to it in the first place, and as you can see, rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said that if it becomes unbearable, then something is wrong in what the practitioner is doing - but you didn't know better.
    People need to understand that even if becoming like an angel is something to strive for, it is still a choice, and it is not evil in the least to say "I can't aspire to that exact height right now", having any reward from Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) is legitimate, you don't need to have the super-deluxe-VIP-prophets' package in Heaven, especially if you feel like you're about to pay the price of Hell just to get out of some worldly issue. And it is not haram to have it good in this life either, people in some mosques complain that certain imams have nice cars; well maybe they saved money and earned it? Why shouldn't they have a nice car if they afforded it righteously? Even a layman - if Uthman(radiallahu anhu) donated one camel instead of 100 or more to the military effort, is he less somehow all-in-all? No, it was entirely his choice.

I'm still holding firm to my point that you don't need to go abroad to study unless that is easier, if you don't get into one university somewhere, look for another, the world is full of them. You just need a piece of paper where it says that you can do a certain thing properly.

You're not giving up, because you're going back into the fray and you're going to tear your problems to pieces - you can't afford "decent foods" - eat crap then, so do I, go walk 6-7 km every day, get your ass into any given university with the programme you intend to fulfill and get the course assignments/exams here ahead of time and I'll show you how to pass every single one if nobody else will. You don't go quit your job until you definitely have elsewhere to go, if you get tired of it, you call in sick, get whatever it is out of your system, then get back on track, be fake with your boss if you have to, be fake(i.e. have that fake smile even if you feel bad, don't tell them anything, not even a word, you tell me everything in private if you have something to unload) with your co-workers if you have to - you will make it.
    If you feel sorry for yourself when the deadlines come, it'll hit you like a ton of bricks, and you'll mope about another year lost because of it.

What is the major you want to study?
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1303 Post(s)

Ask every sick person, what is the most important thing in the life ? they will answer healthiness.
    Every single thing is not so important, until you lose it.

No i did not lose my eeman in a day, the pressure has been built up for pretty much long time.

Is it too much that i want a secure life in the dunya and akhira ?
    By secure i means provide myself and the people i care a decent life, a decent food, a decent house, good education and of course islamic teaching,
    No one said it is too much and you misunderstood me. I am not saying that you cannot want to have a comfortable life, that's something everyone wants, but you are putting too much emphasis on this to the point where it is affecting your deen. We should try to prevent ourselves from etting to that point, that's all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

No i am not, No i don't know my future, i lost my track and that is scary.

I think Allah prefer the kuffar over the muslim. He keep giving the kuffar permission to pursue higher education, and Allah knews they never do rukoo' and sujood even once in their lifetime.

Some of the kuffar countries like Czech Republic give a free higher education to anyone as long they can speak Czech native language. I haven't mention how swedish govt pay their children to attend school. In Denmark, they pay their citizen to attend college. Free tuition. And Allah gave permission for this.

Allah did not give me a permission to pursuing higher education after so much hope i poured in my duas. Never have i been so broken hearted before.

I just want my life back to its track where it used to be... is it too much ?
    is Allah even listening to my duaas, or he is so busy handling the affairs of the kuffars ?
    I am so envy with the kuffar, i am so envy with the old me.
    Subhanallah brother you envy the kuffars for what ?!

Most of them even if they have luxury life but still they commit suicide

How many Hollywood actor who have Millions , cars and houses commit suicide !

And why ? Because of the emptiness of their heart

Allah said :

("And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind.") Quran 20:124

Ibn Kathir (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

(“But whosoever turns away from My Reminder” means: goes against My command and that which I have revealed to My Messenger, and turns away from it and ignores it, and follows something other than its guidance, “verily, for him is a life of hardship” i.e., in this world, so he will have no tranquillity or peace of mind, rather he will be in a state of anxiety because of his misguidance, even if he appears outwardly to be living a life of luxury, wearing what he wants, eating what he wants, living where he wants, but so long as his heart has no certain faith and is not guided, then he will be in a state of anxiety and confusion and doubt, and he will remain doubtful and hesitant. This is part of the life of hardship.")

Tafseer Ibn Kathir (5/322, 323)

Allah has honoured you with belief in it, but you are deceived by the ease and ample provision enjoyed by the kuffaar in this world?

("Do they think that what We extend to them of wealth and children(55) Is [because] We hasten for them good things? Rather, they do not perceive.(56)")Quran23:55-56

("And let not those who disbelieve ever think that [because] We extend their time [of enjoyment] it is better for them. We only extend it for them so that they may increase in sin, and for them is a humiliating punishment")Quran3:178

Some of the salaf said: “If the kings and sons of kings knew what joy we experience, they would fight us for it with their swords.”

What joy could be referred to here? It is the joy of the heart that has certain faith in its Lord, may He be exalted, and the joy of obeying Him and the happiness of drawing closer to Him, even if they were going through hardships.

That's why sheikh al Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) regarded his imprisonment as a blessing that had been caused by his enemies.

Ibn al-Qayyim said: One day he – meaning Ibn Taymiyah – said to me : What can my enemies do to me? My garden is in my heart; wherever I go it is with me and never leaves me. My detainment is seclusion (an opportunity for worship), my being killed is martyrdom, and being expelled from my city is a journey....

Calamities and disasters are a test, they are a sign of Allah’s love for a person, because they are like medicine: even though it is bitter, despite its bitterness you give it to the one whom you love – and for Allah is the highest description.

In the sahih hadith it says:

( “Verily, with greater rewards come greater trials. Verily, when Allah loves a people he will test them. Whoever is pleased will be satisfied, and whoever is displeased will have indignation..” )

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Sahih al-Tirmidhi.

And some people will quoted a famous islamic scholar

"Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of Dua'a. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it." (Sh. Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya)

Yeah, why he didn't just do that ? why he didn't lift the veil of the unseen and show his servants how He handles their affairs for them. Everyone will be happy with this. Everyone will be thankful to Allah. It's a win-win situation. But of course people will say Allah doesn't need anything. so technically its not a win-win situation. And of course people will say He is Allah. We cannot question his actions. He is the All-knows the All-wise.
    If Allah SWT lifted the veil for you and showed how he handles your affairs then what's the purpose of testing you ?

Many people say that they believe in Allah, but when they are tested they turn on their heels and lose out in this world and in the Hereafter....

Allah said :

(“And among mankind is he who worships Allah as it were upon the edge (i.e. in doubt): if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him he turns back on his face (i.e. reverts to disbelief after embracing Islam). He loses both this world and the Hereafter. That is the evident loss”) Quran 22:11

I would recommend you " again" to read surat Al-Kahf

It is said that Musa and Al-Khidr set out walking on the seashore. A boat sailed by and they requested the crew of the boat to take them on board, and they agreed to take both to their destination without any fare, suddenly al-Khidr bores a hole in the ship making it defective and unable to sail.

Musa was shocked and could not restrain himself from proclaiming: “What have you done? These people took us on board charging us nothing; yet you have intentionally scuttled their boat to drown its passengers. Verily, you have done a dreadful thing.”

Later At-Khidr explained As for the boat, it belonged to poor people working on the sea. And because there was an oppressive, tyrannical king who was seizing every ship by force ,he caused minor damage to the ship to protect it from greater harm so Instead of losing their boat, livelihood and possibly their lives the fishermen now had only to repair the damage ..

This event (in Surat Al-kahf) illustrate a point that if we understand it we will never feel victimised or treated unfairly. Sometimes the good in a difficult situation does not become clear until a long time afterwards, at other times it is apparent immediately.

The story of Moses and Khidr tells us to be patient and trust in the mercy and wisdom of God.

It tells us that God does not treat anyone unfairly and that His decree for us is most just and inherently generous.
    Last edited by Tayoofa; 17-08-17 at 09:41 PM.
    ("Happiness is attained by three things: being patient when tested, being thankful when receiving a blessing, and being repentant upon sinning.")
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him