Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

5 or 6 prayers ??

Im really confused about prayer times & which prayers to offer. I was at the understanding that there are 5 daily prayers but I downloaded an app with a prayer time alarm but it includes a 6th prayer which I was unaware of. Google also shows the same, 6 prayers not 5. Do i offer 5 or 6 daily prayers and which are the most important ones ?

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)

Re: 5 or 6 prayers ??

Quote Originally Posted by LRL1990 View Post
    Im really confused about prayer times & which prayers to offer. I was at the understanding that there are 5 daily prayers but I downloaded an app with a prayer time alarm but it includes a 6th prayer which I was unaware of. Google also shows the same, 6 prayers not 5. Do i offer 5 or 6 daily prayers and which are the most important ones ?
    Is the time of the 6 prayer labelled shurook?
    If so that is the timing of the end of fajr time (the time in which you can pray fajr) not for another prayer
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yes thats the one that I was confused about. So shurook is not another prayer or a 6th prayer then ? Just another way of describing the end of salat al-Fajr ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Yes thats the one that I was confused about. So shurook is not another prayer or a 6th prayer then ? Just another way of describing the end of salat al-Fajr ?
    It's the sunrise... You can't pray Fajr anymore after sunrise..
    There are optional prayers you can pray after sunrise.
    The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

There are only five Islamic daily prayers and they include;

Fajr – the dawn prayer.
    Dhuhr – the noon prayer.
    Asr – the afternoon prayer.
    Maghrib – the sunset prayer.
    Isha'a – the night prayer.

Any other additional prayers are Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet.

Jazakallah Khairan Katheeran

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Ishraaq prayer is Sunnah and is not obligatory

It is obligatory to offer salaat ash-shurooq (prayer following sunrise)?

Praise be to Allah

Firstly:

Salaat al-ishraaq is a two-rak‘ah prayer that is offered after the sun has risen and become high, for those who pray Fajr in congregation in the mosque, then sit in the place where they prayed, remembering Allah, may He be exalted, until they pray two rak‘ahs.

Concerning its virtue, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays Fajr in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until the sun rises, then prays two rak‘ahs, will have a reward like that of Hajj and ‘Umrah, complete, complete, complete.”

Narrated by at-Tirmidhi (586), from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him).

There is a difference of scholarly opinion as to the soundness of this hadeeth. It was classed as da‘eef (weak) by some scholars and classed as hasan (good) by others. Among those who classed it as hasan was al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him) in Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhi.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about it and said:

"This hadeeth has isnaads that are fine, thus it is regarded as coming under the heading of hasan because of corroborating evidence. This prayer is mustahabb after the sun has risen and reached the height of a spear, that is approximately fifteen or twenty minutes after the sun rises."

End quote from Fataawa ash-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 25/171

Secondly:

This prayer is mustahabb (encouraged), not obligatory, and it comes under the heading of Duha prayer, because the time for Duha prayer lasts from when the sun has risen high until just before the zenith (the time of Zuhr).

With regard to Duha prayer being Sunnah and mustahabb, it was narrated by al-Bukhaari (1178) and Muslim (721) that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: My beloved (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) advised me to do three things, which I will not forsake so long as I live: to fast three days of each month, to pray Duha, and not to sleep until I pray Witr.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah be pleased with him) was asked about Ishraaq and Duha prayer, and replied:

The Sunnah of Ishraaq is (the same as) the Sunnah of Duha, but if it is done early, from the time when the sun has risen to the height of a spear, then it is Ishraaq prayer; if it is done at the end of its time or in the middle of its time, then it is Duha prayer. But it is (all) Duha prayer, because the scholars (may Allah be pleased with them) said that the time of Duha prayer lasts from when the sun has risen to the height of a spear until just before the zenith.

End quote from Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, 141/24.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/129956
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )