Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)

Are the Christians today no longer under the Law ??

Christians believed they are no longer under the Law because they are told that Jesus had fulfilled and accomplished all the Laws for them when he ‘died’ at the cross and therefore, Christians today are freed from those Laws. In a way, as Jesus' disciples believe Jesus ‘died’ on the cross, it’s understandable why they would also say Jesus fulfilled all the Laws upon his ‘death’, as the only way you can have fulfilled and no longer be under all the laws is your own death for how can a man still observe or adhere to any law upon his death?? However, that only hold true to a dead man but how can the livings too be said to be no longer under the Law upon the death of another ? That’s like believing you are no longer under all the laws (civil laws, traffic laws, criminal laws, etc) because your God-fearing, law-abiding father had fulfilled all those laws on your behalf upon his death. Try to tell that to the police officer who stop you for speeding or for jumping the red light !!

When Jesus said “For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished”, it shows that he too, understood that only death can free you from the Law.

The phrase “until heaven and earth pass away” would imply the end of time or end of the world when everything as we know it will cease to exist and every living being would have died and it’s also a time when all can be said to have been accomplished (for each own good or bad) since no one will still be alive by then to accomplish anything. In other words, until death or such a time (when heaven and earth had passed away), everyone is subjected to the Law. Thus, whichever comes first (your death on earth or the end of time), those who have been observing and adhering to the Law in their respective lifetime on earth, would also be said to have accomplished in fulfilling all the Laws upon their death or “until heaven and earth pass away” when everything will cease to exist.

So, the Christians whose main core beliefs are based on man-made teachings under the guise of divine teachings, are really delusional if they believe Jesus had fulfilled the Law for them and they are no longer under the Law.
    Last edited by JerryMyers; 06-08-17 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    649 Post(s)

Re: Are the Christians today no longer under the Law ??

No such thing as Christians, those who call themselves Christian do not follow the teachings of Christ, they follow Saul/Paul. So it is no wonder they ignore the laws Isa (AS) followed.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3314 Post(s)

Nope, they follow secular laws now.
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

a gronn
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1019 Post(s)

paul even called the law a "curse"

that is foul
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

Rationalist
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

So if they don't follow the law they can freely worship idols? Which Catholics do anyway.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by obaid_m View Post
    Nope, they follow secular laws now.
    They always have, and Even Jesus did. i have seen this. Might want to reconsider.

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Mathew 17 Peter and His Master Pay Their Taxes

Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

What do I know the early followers of Jesus were Jews, referred to as "FRIENDS"

Jesus called them FRIENDS, I believe they follow the rules and laws of Isa (a.s) set by Allah.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." (John 15:14-15)

But Paul's Christian followers, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11). I don't think they have Shari'ah or Halakhah as a guide for life.