Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Wife doesn't always eat halal. Wut do?

So I told her to only eat what's halal. But she just tells me she picks and chooses...whatever dat means. She eats outside meat from like fast food places and such. I understand there's some school of thought that allows u or something.

Idk...wut do I do?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

Re: Wife doesn't always eat halal. Wut do?

Can you provide evidence of any of the 4 classical madhabs saying this as ive never heard of madhabs promoting this before also is your wife muslim?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    Can you provide evidence of any of the 4 classical madhabs saying this as ive never heard of madhabs promoting this before also is your wife muslim?
    Yes she is. Idk I know someone who said they're allowed to eat outside meat cuz their school of thought or something

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Don't you check these things before you get married.
    I mean seriously

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    I mean seriously
    I forgot. I would assume she would eat halal only. I played myself...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    701 Post(s)

Forbid her from eating non-halal foods. Forbid her from going out alone, and make sure you go and purchase halal food and keep the fridge stocked. In this day and age, halal food is accessible to most people. Even if you live in the West, plenty of Muslims sell halal, and if not, you can stick to fish, beans and legumes. Show her this video, and kindly explain to her how Allah has forbidden this type of meat, and that the Islamic meat is kinder to the animals. Do not yell at her, and try to be calm when you discuss this with her.

Explain to her that we are allowed to eat the meat of the Christians and the Jews, if they follow their religious rules of slaughtering their animals. The stuff you find at local grocery stores, and restaurants are not slaughtered according to any religion except that of the Religion of Shaytaan. Also, if Halal is available, it should be prioritized before kuffar products.

Make sure to purge your house from haram, and read ingredients on all lables. Many products have haram ingredients in them, like gelatin and alcohol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhed View Post
    Does she pray salah and practice Islam?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaquille20 View Post
    Does she pray salah and practice Islam?
    She does

On Break
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1280 Post(s)

So I told her to only eat what's halal. But she just tells me she picks and chooses...whatever dat means. She eats outside meat from like fast food places and such. I understand there's some school of thought that allows u or something.

Idk...wut do I do?
    So, a week ago you weren't married (http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7445288). Guess you married this lady. Anyway, congrats.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

Yes she is. Idk I know someone who said they're allowed to eat outside meat cuz their school of thought or something
    I dont think this is real brother no madhab will say it is ok t eat non halal meat the only time you can do that is in extreme cases where for example there is nothing else and you are going to die in thisbcase known as daroora

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    I mean seriously
    Who checks if a person eats halal meat i mean you would assume every muslim eats halal meat unless they look like a kaafir and act like one

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

She does
    What is your definition of practising islam as from this thread and the other one its not looking good for you

You have to try and educate her in Islam and instill that love and fear of Allah otherwise its gonna be a hard road ahead of you for your relationship with your wife

Odan
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    825 Post(s)

Idk...wut do I do?
    I think she is referring to meat slaughtered by the people of the book.

I would get the opinion of a scholar you both have confidence in to explain how this doesnt apply in this day and age,

If this goes on think of what impact it will have on your kids.

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

Idk...wut do I do?
    Did you not check this things before you married her???
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslima London View Post
    Did you not check this things before you married her???
    ignore qustions.

realised that muzzybee asked the same.....
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Odan
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    791 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslima London View Post
    ignore qustions.

realised that muzzybee asked the same.....
    It is still worth asking again.
    There must be other deficiencies in her deen which leads to her not being concerned about the permissibility of what she eats ....how did you overlook that?

Anyway you should probably get someone with knowledge to explain to her that what she is doing is impermissible.
    It doesn't sound like there is much use in you speaking to her, by all means still do though, but also ensure someone of knowledge speaks to her on the matter or even give her a book or show her a video on the topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

She does
    Many of what you say dont relate, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt...
    First of all, you need to advise her... if she is your 'new' wife then give her time... encourage her to engage upon acts of worship and take her out to lectures where real knowledge exists...
    Trying to change her at once may not work... so give it time... and give her advise that knowingly eating haraam is going to be harmful to her Iman and her a'maal...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

I know of a Muslim couple, not very practicing but not very liberal either, who would recite bismillah before consuming any (non-pork) meat outside. When we came to know of it, we asked them for their reasoning and they said they thought reading bismillah... before eating anything makes it halal. They do, thankfully, know that pork is haram. Anyway, maybe the opening poster's wife holds the same belief?

Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)

hahahhaha.
    The one Question you forgot to ask.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Forgive me please patient believer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2728 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    What is your definition of practising islam as from this thread and the other one its not looking good for you

You have to try and educate her in Islam and instill that love and fear of Allah otherwise its gonna be a hard road ahead of you for your relationship with your wife
    well don't we all have weakness?If shs prays and does everything else but perhaps this is her error and one weakness.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

Im not saying we dont have weaknesses or mistakes everyones imaan goes up and down im just sayn doing what the 5 pillars say might not be enough we have to strive to do more some people will go jahannam after being good their whole life but that 1 deed at the end ruined them. The prophet said jannah is closer to you than your shoelace and so is jahannam. So we have to go above and beyond

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

My didi's ex was like this. He did pray and fast etc, but he'd eat meat from any fast food etc as long as it wasn't pork. We did try to talk to him about this but he'd spent half of his life in the US, where some celebrity sheikhs follow the view that "we can eat the meat of Jews and Christians" and take that to mean any non porcine meat from supermarkets and fast food chains that are owned by Jews or Christians. It's simply absurd. I've come across a lot of Muslims who think like this, especially those in the US. Also I once met a practising Egyptian lady who bought haram meat from Tesco cos' "big sheikh on TV says it's okay". Once they get a fatwa of approval from their sheikhs, they feel they have carte blanche to eat any meat they want from any store for the sake of their own convenience.

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Idk...wut do I do?
    Tell her to stop and tell her she'll get fat eating junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    My didi's ex was like this. He did pray and fast etc, but he'd eat meat from any fast food etc as long as it wasn't pork. We did try to talk to him about this but he'd spent half of his life in the US, where some celebrity sheikhs follow the view that "we can eat the meat of Jews and Christians" and take that to mean any non porcine meat from supermarkets and fast food chains that are owned by Jews or Christians. It's simply absurd. I've come across a lot of Muslims who think like this, especially those in the US. Also I once met a practising Egyptian lady who bought haram meat from Tesco cos' "big sheikh on TV says it's okay". Once they get a fatwa of approval from their sheikhs, they feel they have carte blanche to eat any meat they want from any store for the sake of their own convenience.
    What's a didi?

Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5600 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor View Post
    I think she is referring to meat slaughtered by the people of the book.

I would get the opinion of a scholar you both have confidence in to explain how this doesnt apply in this day and age,

If this goes on think of what impact it will have on your kids.

What do you mean it doesn't apply in this day and age?

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8021 Post(s)

Idk...wut do I do?
    Are you even married to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Poster View Post
    What day and age?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2688 Post(s)

He meant that christians of today dont follow the Book as of former times. So they basically eat meat which hasnt been slaughtered in the name of Allah.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5600 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    Are you even married to her?

What day and age?

This day and age

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    He meant that christians of today dont follow the Book as of former times. So they basically eat meat which hasnt been slaughtered in the name of Allah.
    Why can't people just stick in the main to daal and roti, everything would be so much more simpler!?!

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister_2009 View Post
    So, a week ago you weren't married (http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7445288). Guess you married this lady. Anyway, congrats.
    You should seriously consider being a mod. Not joking.

On Break
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    I was once a mod on another site (professional, not religious). It didn't go well. I blocked the IP address of another mod that I didn't like, and they could not access the site. It did not go over well. Ha!

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicen View Post
    Can't see that working...you need good control of your emotions.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2688 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Why can't people just stick in the main to daal and roti, everything would be so much more simpler!?!
    Lol, true!

Its probably because they cant make roti :]
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Lol, true!

Its probably because they cant make roti :]
    What in the world!!!

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5069 Post(s)

You need Forbid her from eating Haraam foods, if she doesn't listen, get her parents and tours involved and set her straight,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

A Muslim that doesn't care if she is consuming Halaal or Haraam,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5069 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    These "celebrity Sheikhs" aka Deviants will carry the sin of consuming Haraam meat, every time the person says it,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6640 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    well don't we all have weakness?If shs prays and does everything else but perhaps this is her error and one weakness.
    It's ridiculous, what you're sort of compelled to walk into these haram fast food places and consume junk like you just can't help yourself!?!

If you like this sort of food you can easily make better at home. It's not a hardship.

Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5600 Post(s)

@Morose

Not 'that' day and age bro.

Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5600 Post(s)

Many Christians in various countries still follow their book, and so do many Jews.

Mentioned
    651 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8021 Post(s)

@Morose

Not 'that' day and age bro.
    Then I fail to understand 'what' day and age you're talking about.

Many Christians in various countries still follow their book, and so do many Jews.
    True, but hardly many in the west though.

Quote Originally Posted by patient believer View Post
    This isn't just some 'weakness' though, it's a grave matter that cannot be overlooked so easily.

Anyway OP is a fantasy by the way, not real.
    Last edited by Morose; 30-07-17 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5600 Post(s)

Then I fail to understand 'what' day and age you're talking about.
    'This' particular day and age.

I hope that has clarified things.

True, but hardly many in the west though.
    True, but we don't know where the OP lives.