Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1of the volatile beings myeverything's Avatar
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

Refresh Ummah Radio

I don't know if the radio still going on tbh. And if there're shows ..etc. I remember I listened to @neelu show once or twice and I heard that there was a show for mods too.

I think It's time to refresh it and maybe add more programs, shows , competition ..etc

maybe some of Ummah users wanna be on radio ..
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Re: Refresh Ummah Radio

Those days are gone.
    Soon the forum will disappear...

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myeverything View Post
    I don't know if the radio still going on tbh. And if there're shows ..etc. I remember I listened to @neelu show once or twice and I heard that there was a show for mods too.

I think It's time to refresh it and maybe add more programs, shows , competition ..etc

Sheikh is doing classes. I was following three different ones before Ramadaan but they concluded. Abu Mus'ab has new classes starting again soon Inshallah.

I was always surprised not many people followed the classes. It's such a great resource Alhamdulillah!

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muzzybee View Post
    Those days are gone.
    Soon the forum will disappear...

why to disappear? any reason? BTW u sound very pessimistic lately. As if life is ending and everything is gloomy. cheer up. Hope everything is ok ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post
    Sheikh is doing classes. I was following three different ones before Ramadaan but they concluded. Abu Mus'ab has new classes starting again soon Inshallah.

I was always surprised not many people followed the classes. It's such a great resource Alhamdulillah!
    Good to hear u getting benefit from these classes. Although I studied a lot at school but still we need to know more subhan Allah and refresh our old knowledge.
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

why to disappear? any reason? BTW u sound very pessimistic lately. As if life is ending and everything is gloomy. cheer up. Hope everything is ok ..

Good to hear u getting benefit from these classes. Although I studied a lot at school but still we need to know more subhan Allah and refresh our old knowledge.
    Peeps need to get married, that'll cheer everyone up

Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7990 Post(s)

Ammm Neelu is a Desi; what were you doing listening to her!? In case you did not know, Neelu is a Desi. I repeat, Neelu is a Desi.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Peeps need to get married, that'll cheer everyone up
    me can't cheer up more than that lol
    btw u need to host a radio show about marriage. U good at linking everything in life to marriage.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    Ammm Neelu is a Desi; what were you doing listening to her!? In case you did not know, Neelu is a Desi. I repeat, Neelu is a Desi.

oh please forgive me for listening to her.. this only happened once or twice. I won't do it again .. i promise

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

me can't cheer up more than that lol
    btw u need to host a radio show about marriage. U good at linking everything in life to marriage.^^

oh please forgive me for listening to her.. this only happened once or twice. I won't do it again .. i promise
    I can just provide a recorded message..." for your question, I think the solution for you is...marriage. Please leave a small donation as you leave".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)

Sorry i haven't been on air for quite a while. I used to do the shows almost every week but now haven't done a show in over a month. InshaAllah I'd like to get back to doing the shows again, just haven't got round to it yet.

Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7990 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Sorry i haven't been on air for quite a while. I used to do the shows almost every week but now haven't done a show in over a month. InshaAllah I'd like to get back to doing the shows again, just haven't got round to it yet.
    You should.

If you can attract a Desi hater as a listener of your show, then it must be extremely good. Therefore continue.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

Who's that Desi hater ?

Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7990 Post(s)

Who's that Desi hater ?
    You.

With your sly jibes and quips about 'Desis'.

You've probably never been anywhere outside your little 'kingdom' so we can forgive you. Haha

It's fine I don't want to start anything. Just make sure you never talk about 'Desis' on this forum again or mention them in anyway or comment on anything Desi related. Stay out of Desi stuff and we won't have a problem.
    Last edited by Morose; 23-07-17 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

He hit me and cried, he raced me to complain!

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

I am arite.
    Alhamdulillah.

Lol pessimisticly optimistic

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    You.

With your sly jibes and quips about 'Desis'.

You've probably never been anywhere outside your little 'kingdom' so we can forgive you. Haha

It's fine I don't want to start anything. Just make sure you never talk about 'Desis' on this forum again or mention them in anyway or comment on anything Desi related. Stay out of Desi stuff and we won't have a problem.
    Quit trolling morose
    You british papadam.

Morose do your Own show ,it will be fun

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Why do people dislike Desi's? (Or is it a joke?)

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Why do people dislike Desi's? (Or is it a joke?)
    We had our share of Arab v Desi games on this forum.its just natural to go there

Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

me to! would like to make a comeback

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

@Rifqah And here I'm thinking It was joke.
    @muzzybee What ! u must be kiddin! Oh no people start believing @Morose trolling jokes.

Declaimer : I have nothing against Desi and I don't dislike them( If anything it's the opposite). And I'm not part of any game. I find out that I'm not good at defending myself lol ... crying rivers

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    me to! would like to make a comeback
    Nice comeback Insha'Allah

Suggestion: It would be nice to record each show in order to re-broadcast the programs/ shows on a different day & time. Some radios/tv repeat their shows up to 3 times. And If they have no current new programs,for whatever reason, they keep broadcasting from their archive .. sometimes stuff from last year ..etc . Isn't it waste of time and effort to not record these classes and shows and re-broadcast them?

Although It's nice to have live shows or programs in which the host can receive calls ..etc. But also we can have some recorded stuff/ programs ..etc Some ummah users can record something useful and send it to you to approve it then u can broadcast it on radio.

This will fill the radio schedule and refresh it a bit IMO.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Sheikh will start a class on Monday Inshallah but ask him to officially announce it as I don't want to presume to be correct about the title.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

@muzzybee What ! u must be kiddin! Oh no people start believing @Morose trolling jokes.

Declaimer : I have nothing against Desi and I don't dislike them( If anything it's the opposite). And I'm not part of any game. I find out that I'm not good at defending myself lol ... crying rivers

Suggestion: It would be nice to record each show in order to re-broadcast the programs/ shows on a different day & time. Some radios/tv repeat their shows up to 3 times. And If they have no current new programs,for whatever reason, they keep broadcasting from their archive .. sometimes stuff from last year ..etc . Isn't it waste of time and effort to not record these classes and shows and re-broadcast them?

Although It's nice to have live shows or programs in which the host can receive calls ..etc. But also we can have some recorded stuff/ programs ..etc Some ummah users can record something useful and send it to you to approve it then u can broadcast it on radio.

Not you miss knowitall, I meant the history.
    Of course morose is trolling.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)

Seriously from day one I wished someone would record my shows cos' so many people said they weren't available to listen to it at the alloted time but would love to listen to a recording afterwards. Initially a friend recorded some of my earlier shows around 2 years ago but now those recordings don't work anymore and there were a few particularly good shows that I wanted to keep recordings of so that I could pass them on to people who asked what it was like or what previous topics I'd covered.

Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

People are too shy to record stuff thats the problem we have here

Ummah
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Message from @Darul Ilm:

Assalaamu Alaykum.

Classes will resume this Monday (31st July 2017) in-shaa Allaah.

We will be beginning a new class on Riyaadhus Saaliheen, and a new fiqh class is in the works too, and we will continue with the Tafseer classes as well.

Q&A will remain on Thursday, in which case we have one empty slot for an additional class.

I will be open for suggestions, so you can post here and we can see how things go forward in-shaa Allaah.

And by the way, Monday night at 8pm UK time we will begin Riyaadhus Saaliheen, so try to attend in-shaa Allaah.

Jazaakumullaahu Khayr.

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Not one single comment, despite the abundance of members on here?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)

I only saw your post just now. I think if you'd made a separate thread to announce it (which is what normally happens), then more people would've noticed it and probably tuned in and taken part.

Having said that, I always inform people in advance that I'll be on air but I get very little response or feedback most of the time.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1542 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    Not one single comment, despite the abundance of members on here?
    Unfortunately I couldn't listen live. Because the time not convenient to me .. a bit late in my place.

Although I'm sure I 've the book of Riyaadhus Saaliheen somewhere in my messy room. But It's always more interesting to listen to someone with knowledge going through it and discussing it.

So, if there's recording of Riyaadhus Saaliheen classes .. I will listen afterwards insha'Allah

Jazzak Allah Khair and keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Unfortunately I couldn't listen live. Because the time not convenient to me .. a bit late in my place.

Although I'm sure I 've the book of Riyaadhus Saaliheen somewhere in my messy room. But It's always more interesting to listen to someone with knowledge going through it and discussing it.

So, if there's recording of Riyaadhus Saaliheen classes .. I will listen afterwards insha'Allah

Jazzak Allah Khair and keep up the good work.
    It is, sometimes Sheikh goes off on a tangent and they can often be as informative/interesting as the main topic!

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Tafsir Class was tonight at 8:30 uk time and it was great!

We learnt about the two definitions of sihr (Shari'a and linguistic), eight different kinds if sihr (from a linguistic perspective) and heard the examples given which were very interesting for me especially as it touched a little on psychology.

Jazakallahu khair Sheikh

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Tafsir class this evening at 8:30gmt was so detailed and beneficial.

We covered what the ruling is for someone who learns sihr. We learnt what each madhab had to say on the topic and how they slightly differ and where they all agree.

We learnt about the different kinds of punishment and if they differ for a man and a woman. We also explored different examples and the intentions of those learning about it practising sihr.

It was a very thought provoking hour Alhamdulillah.

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Tafsir Class was tonight at 8:30 uk time and it was great!

We learnt about the two definitions of sihr (Shari'a and linguistic), eight different kinds if sihr (from a linguistic perspective) and heard the examples given which were very interesting for me especially as it touched a little on psychology.

Jazakallahu khair Sheikh
    Wa anti fa jazaakillaahu khayraa.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Tafsir class was this evening and it was excellent!

We learnt about speaking plainly and straight with each other, that we are forbidden to have double meanings to what we say.

Wedding dresses came up and throwing a bouquet of flowers, imitating what has nothing to do with the Islamic way.

We were taught about Muslims wanting to eat, speak, dress and act like a kafir and yet wanting Jannah like a Muslim.

A word ghr3ina (sp.) Which is equivalent to "lend me your ears" or "open your ears" which is what the Jews of old used to say and is not considered polite speech.

Also, having the response "I hear and I obey" rather than having an attitude of "I hear and I disobey" because we look for any avenue out of obeying the laws of Allah (swt) thinking it doesn't apply to today.

And much more!

It was such a good class Alhamdulillah.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)

I missed it.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazuiz View Post
    I missed it.
    Inshallah I'll remind you next week if you like? It really was good.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)

Inshallah I'll remind you next week if you like? It really was good.
    Yeah, That'll help

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

Class tonight In-Shaa Allah.
    @Indefinable @Morose @mazuiz @myeverything @zi-zizou @muzzybee

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3540 Post(s)

Class tonight In-Shaa Allah.
    @Indefinable @Morose @mazuiz @myeverything @zi-zizou @muzzybee
    Jazakallah khairan

Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

We got Live Streaming Setup on Youtube so should be doing live streams on youtube too Inshallah

Odan
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    We got Live Streaming Setup on Youtube so should be doing live streams on youtube too Inshallah
    That's how I'm currently listening to the Live stream.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2087 Post(s)

I listened also via the live stream on youtube which was much better for me, no lag. I usually have to refresh the radio app several times when I'm listening there.

I don't usually listen to the radio unless there's a class due but the other day I heard a nasheed that I liked very much but the app doesn't show the names of the singers and songs that are playing.