Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Should I quit my job?

Hi

I need help from Muslim people asap.
    I have until tonight if I should quit or not my job. I'm from indonesia. I've worked with this company for 3 months. My boss is 'muslim'' but he doesn't look like general Muslims here. He always tries to dress different. He rarely prays. He does bidah. But who am I to judge. What I don't like about him he's always late paying us. 1st wage was late for 7 days, 2nd late for 9 days, and 3rd was late for 20 days. I had to beg which almost lose my dignity to give me my wage. He never says sorry. I feel this job fits my skills, teaching english. I have a job offer teaching after school program helping kids with all their school subjects. Should I quit my first job? Because prophet says pay people their wages before their sweat dries out. I feel like I have to beg to him to get my right. Any advise asap. Appreciate it.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)

Re: Should I quit

Is the second job secured?

In that way it will help you make a choice.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

All praise b to the Lord! hamza81's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Re: Should I quit my job?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeje2 View Post
    Hi

I need help from Muslim people asap.
    I have until tonight if I should quit or not my job. I'm from indonesia. I've worked with this company for 3 months. My boss is 'muslim'' but he doesn't look like general Muslims here. He always tries to dress different. He rarely prays. He does bidah. But who am I to judge. What I don't like about him he's always late paying us. 1st wage was late for 7 days, 2nd late for 9 days, and 3rd was late for 20 days. I had to beg which almost lose my dignity to give me my wage. He never says sorry. I feel this job fits my skills, teaching english. I have a job offer teaching after school program helping kids with all their school subjects. Should I quit my first job? Because prophet says pay people their wages before their sweat dries out. I feel like I have to beg to him to get my right. Any advise asap. Appreciate it.
    Asalaamu Alaikum. My brother it is better to make all efforts to find an alternative job before quitting this job unless it is harming your imaan. Ask of Allah especially in the latter part of the night at Tahajjud time to aide you and also in the meantime see if there is a relavent authority in your country who can help you with your employer's unfair and oppressive manner in which he is treating his employees.

May Allah ease your affairs and find you a much better job that is better for your imaan. Ameen
    10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192926
    Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230798