Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44
  1. #1
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly

  2. #2
    Alhamdulilah eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,867
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3245 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    807

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    This is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt

    Give him dawah and call him to Islam. Frequently ex Muslims leave Islam not because of Islam but because of jahil cultural practices portrayed as Islam

    If you can figure out why he left and clarify the issue for him then Alhamdulilah. I'm not saying he will listen but your job isn't to make him believe your job is to convey the message

    Ex Muslims can be arrogant and obnoxious so this might be possible but if you can reason with him then do so
    The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allaah, never
    abandons repentance.
    He remains in the state of repentance until the end of his life."
    [Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah]

  3. #3
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,482
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3483 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    303

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    "wow... you told him he was stupid, and you were even good enough to do it more than once and still he never changed!"

    OK, let's back up a few steps here. Is this the right method in giving da'wah, is this the kind words and beautiful preaching mentioned in the Quran? Maybe you'd tried all that already, but I cannot think of a single time I've called someone dumb or stupid and it's helped an argument get to a good conclusion, not one single time.

    In my experience ex-Muslims fall into three types.

    - Liars
    - The arrogant
    - The sincerely misguided

    As for the liars, these are the vast majority. Most are not actually ex-Muslims and use the cover of being one as a status symbol among the kuffar, or to get attention because they are insignificant human beings in society otherwise. Almost always they were never on the deen, they just lie to provide themselves a story. If they had some family connection to Islam it has to be boosted to increase their credibility.

    In either case you can usually disprove their stories with just a couple of minutes of asking them to elaborate, such as asking "did you never learn about islam?" to which they list the years they went to madrasah or how their father was an imam, or some other such bakwas and then ask them a direct question even a beginner level madrassah student would know and they will fall about and you can then publicly expose them as a liar.

    As for the arrogant, they may have genuinely at least have been raised or reverted to the deen, to some degree but they become arrogant and reject aspects of islam because it doesn't conform to their desires or thoughts, they raise the nafs and aql to the level of being an ilah to be worshiped instead of Allah. They are similar to a munafiq, modernist, liberal and secularist 'Muslim' except as well as their regular kufr they taken the final step and fully come out of the deen and no longer even make a pretense of believing in Islam.

    Finally there are those who are lost, who for whatever reason Allah has chosen not to guide, and have fallen into disbelief and it is this last group I tend to find very receptive towards Islam if it is presented in the right way to them.

    So try to give this person da'wah in the right way, and then take it from there.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  4. #4
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,076
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4415 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    881

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    I found the first and the second category,

    In fact almost all first category, imposters pretending to be former Muslims,

    We even had imbecilic Kuffar on the forum who claimed to be former Muslims, but couldn't even tell you the Shahada,

    Never met a sincerely misguided Murtad,

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  5. #5
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,482
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3483 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    303

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    I found the first and the second category,

    In fact almost all first category, imposters pretending to be former Muslims,

    We even had imbecilic Kuffar on the forum who claimed to be former Muslims, but couldn't even tell you the Shahada,

    Never met a sincerely misguided Murtad,

    sincere is perhaps the wrong word, genuinely misguided would perhaps be better.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  6. #6
    Odan EenieMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,391
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3151 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    240

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    It's really hard but I think having impeccable manners is really key when dealing with such people. If you lose your cool, you just become another Muslim they can point at and say "see? this is why I left."
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

  7. #7
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,076
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4415 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    881

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    sincere is perhaps the wrong word, genuinely misguided would perhaps be better.
    The same akhi, I never met any such Murtad online or in real life,

    Majority turned out to be Kuffar pretending to have been muslim, and the ones that are arrogant, have issues accepting Allah عز و جل himself, they can't stand having to be judged, their God is their desires,

    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  8. #8
    meow Abisali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,170
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    606 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    294

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Invite them over for some strawberry shortcake and politely discuss with them why they left Islam. Do not argue with them at all, only have a friendly conversation and try to correct any wrong beliefs they have in Islam.

  9. #9
    ۩ Hazzm Wa Sabr ☝ Abu Jarir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,912
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3219 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    156

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    stop talking to him he's cancer
    عوّد على السهر يا الله
    Upon Prophetic Methodology

  10. #10
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,482
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3483 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    303

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    The same akhi, I never met any such Murtad online or in real life,

    Majority turned out to be Kuffar pretending to have been muslim, and the ones that are arrogant, have issues accepting Allah عز و جل himself, they can't stand having to be judged, their God is their desires,

    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

    Yes, the vast majority are fakes. In my experience only 1 in 6 can be shown to be genuine, the rest were fakes and not even ones who were any good at it. I think missionaries rely upon the fact that Muslims would not normally lie about this stuff or expect others to lie about it, so to take them at face value.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  11. #11
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1210 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    Don't talk to him.
    You're both employed to do your jobs, not engage in heated religious debates - and they will get heated - which will make the two of you careless at your jobs and distract and amuse or irritate your other colleagues.

  12. #12
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    "wow... you told him he was stupid, and you were even good enough to do it more than once and still he never changed!"

    OK, let's back up a few steps here. Is this the right method in giving da'wah, is this the kind words and beautiful preaching mentioned in the Quran? Maybe you'd tried all that already, but I cannot think of a single time I've called someone dumb or stupid and it's helped an argument get to a good conclusion, not one single time.

    In my experience ex-Muslims fall into three types.

    - Liars
    - The arrogant
    - The sincerely misguided

    As for the liars, these are the vast majority. Most are not actually ex-Muslims and use the cover of being one as a status symbol among the kuffar, or to get attention because they are insignificant human beings in society otherwise. Almost always they were never on the deen, they just lie to provide themselves a story. If they had some family connection to Islam it has to be boosted to increase their credibility.

    In either case you can usually disprove their stories with just a couple of minutes of asking them to elaborate, such as asking "did you never learn about islam?" to which they list the years they went to madrasah or how their father was an imam, or some other such bakwas and then ask them a direct question even a beginner level madrassah student would know and they will fall about and you can then publicly expose them as a liar.

    As for the arrogant, they may have genuinely at least have been raised or reverted to the deen, to some degree but they become arrogant and reject aspects of islam because it doesn't conform to their desires or thoughts, they raise the nafs and aql to the level of being an ilah to be worshiped instead of Allah. They are similar to a munafiq, modernist, liberal and secularist 'Muslim' except as well as their regular kufr they taken the final step and fully come out of the deen and no longer even make a pretense of believing in Islam.

    Finally there are those who are lost, who for whatever reason Allah has chosen not to guide, and have fallen into disbelief and it is this last group I tend to find very receptive towards Islam if it is presented in the right way to them.

    So try to give this person da'wah in the right way, and then take it from there.
    This guy is as stubborn as abu jahl astagfirullah this is bugging me to the extent im find it very hard to think about anything else ive handed my notice in for work im not going to work in a place where im around such negativity ... Allah put kahir in what i do ameen. I swear emotionally i feel crap he is soo strong upon kufr that it makes you want to kill the lil ... Nm thing is im very hot tempered if anyone speak ill of islam and i dont wanna lose my cool then the company will end up telling the prevent guys (if ur in the uk you know what i mean) basically i can get locked for being extreme in my ways and this person isnt honourable they wouldn't hesitate to think 2x on getting me done.

  13. #13
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by EenieMeanie View Post
    It's really hard but I think having impeccable manners is really key when dealing with such people. If you lose your cool, you just become another Muslim they can point at and say "see? this is why I left."
    Yeah i get you sis ... I tried i swear i really did try im not a man of dawah and i dont see myself for for it i lose my head if someone says something ill of islam

  14. #14
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jarir View Post
    stop talking to him he's cancer
    I realised bro .. and that what i decided i swear my head is going kuku its the only thing popping into my head subhanAllah

  15. #15
    All praise b to the Lord! hamza81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,930
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    Asalaamu Alaikum.

    Firstly my brother we must realise that guidance is not in our hands and therefore no matter what we say or do none of us can change anyone's heart or bring imaan to them except Allah.

    What happens is that such people have a defiecancy in their hearts which prevents Imaan from reaching them and this deficiency is arrogance that has grown within their hearts in that their Nafs refuses to believe what Allah has ordained and commanded and like Iblees they think they know better with regards to the wisdom of Allah. They are also ignorant to the proper teachings of Islam and have allowed their hearts to be corrupted with disbelief by the rhetoric of the disbelivers.

    Therefore give your advice in the best way and manner using wisdom a and tact in your approach - every so often - never pester them or ridicule them - and then leave it at that.

    Also do not spend time in the company of such people as "we are who we keep company with" and their corrupting influence will eventually have a negative affect on our own imaan.

    Also make Dua for him that Allah guides him and know that if Imaan does not come to his heart then it maybe then Allah is wanting to punish such people.

    May Allah guide those whose hearts have been corrupted with ignorance, arrogance and disbelief to the truth. Ameen
    Last edited by hamza81; 17-07-17 at 09:43 PM.
    10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192926
    Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230798

  16. #16
    Odan
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,700
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    112

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Whoah, that escalated quickly. Don't be such a Pathan yaar.

  17. #17
    a gronn
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    975 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    stop, yes, let the traitor think what he wants.

    is he a christian btw ?

    or did he go with another crew ?
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

  18. #18
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulsidd View Post
    Whoah, that escalated quickly. Don't be such a Pathan yaar.
    We had this happen in our village back home for 7 days the mulanans tried but he was a stubborn thing ... So they shot him on the last day

  19. #19
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza81 View Post
    Asalaamu Alaikum.

    Firstly my brother we must realise that guidance is not in our hands and therefore no matter what we say or do none of us can change anyone's heart or bring imaan to them except Allah.

    What happens is that such people have a defiecancy in their hearts which prevents Imaan from reaching them and this deficiency is arrogance that has grown within their hearts in that their Nafs refuses to believe what Allah has ordained and commanded and like Iblees they think they know better with regards to the wisdom of Allah. They are also ignorant to the proper teachings of Islam and have allowed their hearts to be corrupted with disbelief by the rhetoric of the disbelivers.

    Therefore give your advice in the best way and manner using wisdom a and tact in your approach - every so often - never pester them or ridicule them - and then leave it at that.

    Also do not spend time in the company of such people as "we are who we keep company with" and their corrupting influence will eventually have a negative affect on our own imaan.

    Also make Dua for him that Allah guides him and know that if Imaan does not come to his heart then it maybe then Allah is wanting to punish such people.

    May Allah guide those whose hearts have been corrupted with ignorance, arrogance and disbelief to the truth. Ameen
    Quote Originally Posted by magok View Post
    stop, yes, let the traitor think what he wants.

    is he a christian btw ?

    or did he go with another crew ?
    I feel like swearing and literally inviting all those who plot against islam under one roof and feeding them food and poisoning them all, im getting some crazy thoughts for those who misguide ppl, what must have our rasool gone through subhanAllah islam is the truth and has always bee the truth. This really really makes me sad its hard to describe my chest has been filled with soo much hate for those who twist islam etc i appreciate the advice im just not gunna go work thats the end of it and cut ties with those who support his jahil ways.
    I tried explaining that the quran is full of miracles and hes like the arabs stole that from the greeks when he said that i just wanted to bash his head on the table breaks l his knee caps and cut him up into 1cm cubes and feed him to the pigs.

    He has nor religion and is misguiding others astagfirullah soo passionate on his kufr that he has found and worst thing is hes dating a Muslim girl .... This man is 32 years old im 22 big age difference too

  20. #20
    Member Mujahid4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    We had this happen in our village back home for 7 days the mulanans tried but he was a stubborn thing ... So they shot him on the last day
    how many days have you tried and what are your plans?

  21. #21
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Mujahid4ever View Post
    how many days have you tried and what are your plans?
    Im not going to try anything bro im leaving my workplace and thats the end of it its either that or ill end up going nuts

  22. #22
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Sorry guys i know i sound nuts but i take islam very seriously ... Im not the most practising guy but i try my best ... It burns me to see the state of the ummah we atm are getting stabbed left right and just from all side subhanAllah ... This is what our shuhadah died for? Is this what they worked for? Have days become soo bad that we are having to be nice about things and can't express the anger we feel towards kufr ... My head has been hot for a while now i do apologize my brother's and sisters for anything harsh that my often u ... Allah restore the honour of the Muslims

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Sorry guys i know i sound nuts but i take islam very seriously ... Im not the most practising guy but i try my best ... It burns me to see the state of the ummah we atm are getting stabbed left right and just from all side subhanAllah ... This is what our shuhadah died for? Is this what they worked for? Have days become soo bad that we are having to be nice about things and can't express the anger we feel towards kufr ... My head has been hot for a while now i do apologize my brother's and sisters for anything harsh that my often u ... Allah restore the honour of the Muslims
    .


    Allah guides who he wills and strays who he wills your job is to take opportunities to bring people to allah when u get a chance. We are the messengers of the messenger . Try not to get so worked up there's better things you can be thinking about instead of this guy. He will be returning to Islam as his life story comes to close, or at least I hope for his sake. Calm and collectiv and remember to breathe lol

  24. #24
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by R1rider View Post
    .


    Allah guides who he wills and strays who he wills your job is to take opportunities to bring people to allah when u get a chance. We are the messengers of the messenger . Try not to get so worked up there's better things you can be thinking about instead of this guy. He will be returning to Islam as his life story comes to close, or at least I hope for his sake. Calm and collectiv and remember to breathe lol
    Im as chilling as ice-cream or ice cubes or as cool as iced tea im very tolerant and can take jokes insults etc but things with islam i burn up and i go straight on murderous vibes if they dont reason with me but yh insha'Allah remember me in duas .

  25. #25
    موحد Abd al-Rahman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6,725
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2332 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    This guy is as stubborn as abu jahl astagfirullah this is bugging me to the extent im find it very hard to think about anything else ive handed my notice in for work im not going to work in a place where im around such negativity ... Allah put kahir in what i do ameen. I swear emotionally i feel crap he is soo strong upon kufr that it makes you want to kill the lil ... Nm thing is im very hot tempered if anyone speak ill of islam and i dont wanna lose my cool then the company will end up telling the prevent guys (if ur in the uk you know what i mean) basically i can get locked for being extreme in my ways and this person isnt honourable they wouldn't hesitate to think 2x on getting me done.
    Chill out, bro dawah requires knowledge and also getting angry is the worst thing you can do

    Tbh, I think 95% of ex muslims left because of "moral" issues with Islam, or at the very least, thats what started their journey to complete apostasy. Very few left because they came up with atheistic ideas for why God doesnt exist, and if they have them, they came up with them later to justify their beliefs. They are super misguided, because Islam doesnt mesh with the kufr they grew up seeing from the west, they reject Islam, and may Allah guide them.

    My point is that if someone is saying oh, "Does the shari'a say to execute those who commit liwat?" You have to say yes, because it does, and he will attack you for that and say "Look, Islam is so uncivilized." You cant win with such people, drop it
    نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَاكُمْ فَلَوْلَا تُصَدِّقُونَ
    We have created you, so why do you not believe? (56:57)

  26. #26
    All praise b to the Lord! hamza81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,930
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Sorry guys i know i sound nuts but i take islam very seriously ... Im not the most practising guy but i try my best ... It burns me to see the state of the ummah we atm are getting stabbed left right and just from all side subhanAllah ... This is what our shuhadah died for? Is this what they worked for? Have days become soo bad that we are having to be nice about things and can't express the anger we feel towards kufr ... My head has been hot for a while now i do apologize my brother's and sisters for anything harsh that my often u ... Allah restore the honour of the Muslims
    My brother you cannot change anyone else's heart but you can change yourself. You say that your not the most practicing person but Allah tell us to fully go into our deen not partly:

    O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. (2;208)

    What is most important is that we must continuously maintain the most important gift we have in this world and that is our Imaan (faith). There is no gift better than this. When we are shackled by our sins and love of the Dunya (the world) has entered our hearts and we have forgotten our inevitable death and our eternal destination - The Hereafter - then Imaan (faith) will inevitably leave the heart like water leaves a bottle when you tip it over.

    Just like we service our cars, valet them, clean them, refill them often. A similar analogy can be applied to our hearts. It must be regularly serviced, checked, cleaned and re-filled with the love and remembrance of Allah so our imaan can remain topped up.

    Therefore we must never forget death and our next destination - the grave. Most of us think "Not me, I wont die until old age". How many young people thought that and they are in the grave right now? If we go to the grave yard then we will see that the graves are filled with people of all ages ranging from 0 - 100+. So by remembering death our attachment for this world and materialistic things weakens. The more we love this world the more we will forget Allah, death, our graves and the Hereafter.

    So to remember death constantly is a good thing as long as it makes us keep away from the major sins and do good deeds knowing we can die at any second and therefore return to Allah just as we can from him. Therefore we must make the best of each and every second we have and know that the evening is not guaranteed for us just as in the evening the morning is not guaranteed for us. How many people die suddenly who made so many plans for tomorrow and the future? Therefore we must make the best of the present moment and live in a way and manner in which we want to die.

    Therefore my brother the solution is that our focus is completely wrong! We are focusing on things that either do not matter or are irrelevant in the bigger picture of things. We must reflect, ponder, re-evaluate and re-focus our lives towards that of the bigger picture and what really matters.

    So my brother do your best to refrain from and abandon any major sins we are doing as this tortures our hearts and souls and keeps us away from Allah. Repent sincerely and make a firm commitment never to repeat such an act again. We cannot get closer to Allah and have khushu in our prayers and deeds if we are committing major sins.

    Secondly we must pray all of our prayers on time. As the prayer is the purpose of our lives and so we must fulfill our most important obligation. Connect with the Masjid. Just as the lone sheep is vulnerable to attack by the wolf then similarly when the sheep are together then they are safer from attack. To connect to the Masjid is to connect to Allah as it is his house.

    Thirdly we must ensure that we keep good company. We are who we keep company with. So connect with good practicing brothers and keep away from those people who indulge in the major sins. Keep yourself busy with good acts. If we keep ourselves busy with goodness then we will have less time for evil. Volunteer with other brothers in your local community and/or a charity as there are always good projects going on in and around our localities. Learn knowledge of Islam by attending or taking up Islamic courses as knowledge is most important and the most rewarding of good deeds.

    Fourthly connect with the Quran and recite of it as much as you can comfortably manage. Learn the meanings of what you are reciting and implement it in your daily life. Ponder, reflect and contemplate over its meanings. By connecting with the Quran we are connected to Allah. We also remain in his remembrance and know that the Quran will intercede for us on the day where we need as much intercession as we can get. Memorise the Quran and make it a firm intention to memorise it all in your life time for those if us with such an intention then even if we die it is hoped we will die as Haafidh inshaAllah. It matters not about age but determination. Subhanallah there was a case of an 80+ woman having completed memorisation of the Qur'an. Do we not want to die in such a beautiful manner in which we have the entire Qur'an in our hearts? And when we are being given a rank of Jannah then we will be told keep elevating to the highest ranks of Jannah in accordance with how much Qur'an we memorised. SubhanAllah!

    Finally adopt the Tahajjud prayer in the latter part of the nights. What better way to connect to Allah than when most other people are asleep? The Tahajjud prayer is one of the best ways of gaining an intimate connection to Allah and increasing our imaan and Khushu in our prayers. It is also one of the best ways to get our Dua's accepted and get closer to Allah.

    I hope that helps my brother. Keep firm on your deen and do not let anyone deter you from obeying and pleasing Allah as that should be our life's aim. We do not want to die whilst not obeying Allah and the worst way to die is to die whilst commiting sins. So the more good we do the more we have the chance to die with Imaan which should be the ultimate aim for every Muslim inshAllah. May Allah enable us to obey him, please him and do much good so that we die with Imaan. Ameen

    Death can come suddenly:

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Comes-Suddenly

    Utter regret in the Hereafter:

    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-in-this-world!
    10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192926
    Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230798

  27. #27
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    33,076
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4415 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    881

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    Yes, the vast majority are fakes. In my experience only 1 in 6 can be shown to be genuine, the rest were fakes and not even ones who were any good at it. I think missionaries rely upon the fact that Muslims would not normally lie about this stuff or expect others to lie about it, so to take them at face value.
    Missionaries, those snakes would any means possible to get converts to Christianity,

    Their master Paul taught them well the art of deceit,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

  28. #28
    Odan Gingerbeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,482
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3483 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    303

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Missionaries, those snakes would any means possible to get converts to Christianity,

    Their master Paul taught them well the art of deceit,
    These days it's not uncommon to get them from the secular side as well.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

  29. #29
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
    Chill out, bro dawah requires knowledge and also getting angry is the worst thing you can do

    Tbh, I think 95% of ex muslims left because of "moral" issues with Islam, or at the very least, thats what started their journey to complete apostasy. Very few left because they came up with atheistic ideas for why God doesnt exist, and if they have them, they came up with them later to justify their beliefs. They are super misguided, because Islam doesnt mesh with the kufr they grew up seeing from the west, they reject Islam, and may Allah guide them.

    My point is that if someone is saying oh, "Does the shari'a say to execute those who commit liwat?" You have to say yes, because it does, and he will attack you for that and say "Look, Islam is so uncivilized." You cant win with such people, drop it
    i'll leave dawah to those who can give dawah and i never get involved with this stuff especially if the person is arrogant as he is and nor do i fancy being held up by anti terror lol
    yh ive dropped it bro but just the thought of this is bubbling me up. im a hothead i fail to understand how someone could deny logic and evidence, and when they do this is what i become.

  30. #30
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    34,131
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    669

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    i'll leave dawah to those who can give dawah and i never get involved with this stuff especially if the person is arrogant as he is and nor do i fancy being held up by anti terror lol
    yh ive dropped it bro but just the thought of this is bubbling me up. im a hothead i fail to understand how someone could deny logic and evidence, and when they do this is what i become.
    You need to be calm when doing dawah. You cannot insult them or just give them standard evidences that sound good to you but does nothing for them.

    One needs to understand what kinda person he is, why he left Islam etc and then try to figure out how to respond to him based on that,.

    In your case, you're doing urself a favour by avoiding it entirely, cuz u sound like ur gonna blow ur top...

  31. #31
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    You need to be calm when doing dawah. You cannot insult them or just give them standard evidences that sound good to you but does nothing for them.

    One needs to understand what kinda person he is, why he left Islam etc and then try to figure out how to respond to him based on that,.

    In your case, you're doing urself a favour by avoiding it entirely, cuz u sound like ur gonna blow ur top...
    you don't understand he isn't willing to talk it over to me it seems as though he couldn't handle islam and he says its a backwards religion with no rights to the women etc and he disagrees with everything and how a woman in islam needs to be treated. i can't and i don't talk to people like this. he brought up things about the 4 male witness things when a woman is raped etc its crazy basically after speaking with him a little it's easy to tell deep down he didn't want islam he ideas and principles all go against it. i rather avoid it entirely besides i've decided to leave my workplace too i can't stand seeing scum on a daily it plays in my mind.

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    i recommend in the future just do the work you were hired to do. Religion and politics in the workplace just leads to problems and gets you replaced.

  33. #33
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,215
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7007 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1217

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    you don't understand he isn't willing to talk it over to me it seems as though he couldn't handle islam and he says its a backwards religion with no rights to the women etc and he disagrees with everything and how a woman in islam needs to be treated. i can't and i don't talk to people like this. he brought up things about the 4 male witness things when a woman is raped etc its crazy basically after speaking with him a little it's easy to tell deep down he didn't want islam he ideas and principles all go against it. i rather avoid it entirely besides i've decided to leave my workplace too i can't stand seeing scum on a daily it plays in my mind.
    What's his ethnicity?

  34. #34
    Striving & Struggling Indefinable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1785 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    320

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    This guy is as stubborn as abu jahl astagfirullah this is bugging me to the extent im find it very hard to think about anything else ive handed my notice in for work im not going to work in a place where im around such negativity ... Allah put kahir in what i do ameen. I swear emotionally i feel crap he is soo strong upon kufr that it makes you want to kill the lil ... Nm thing is im very hot tempered if anyone speak ill of islam and i dont wanna lose my cool then the company will end up telling the prevent guys (if ur in the uk you know what i mean) basically i can get locked for being extreme in my ways and this person isnt honourable they wouldn't hesitate to think 2x on getting me done.
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Yeah i get you sis ... I tried i swear i really did try im not a man of dawah and i dont see myself for for it i lose my head if someone says something ill of islam
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    I realised bro .. and that what i decided i swear my head is going kuku its the only thing popping into my head subhanAllah
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    We had this happen in our village back home for 7 days the mulanans tried but he was a stubborn thing ... So they shot him on the last day
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    I feel like swearing and literally inviting all those who plot against islam under one roof and feeding them food and poisoning them all, im getting some crazy thoughts for those who misguide ppl, what must have our rasool gone through subhanAllah islam is the truth and has always bee the truth. This really really makes me sad its hard to describe my chest has been filled with soo much hate for those who twist islam etc i appreciate the advice im just not gunna go work thats the end of it and cut ties with those who support his jahil ways.
    I tried explaining that the quran is full of miracles and hes like the arabs stole that from the greeks when he said that i just wanted to bash his head on the table breaks l his knee caps and cut him up into 1cm cubes and feed him to the pigs.

    He has nor religion and is misguiding others astagfirullah soo passionate on his kufr that he has found and worst thing is hes dating a Muslim girl .... This man is 32 years old im 22 big age difference too
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Im not going to try anything bro im leaving my workplace and thats the end of it its either that or ill end up going nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Sorry guys i know i sound nuts but i take islam very seriously ... Im not the most practising guy but i try my best ... It burns me to see the state of the ummah we atm are getting stabbed left right and just from all side subhanAllah ... This is what our shuhadah died for? Is this what they worked for? Have days become soo bad that we are having to be nice about things and can't express the anger we feel towards kufr ... My head has been hot for a while now i do apologize my brother's and sisters for anything harsh that my often u ... Allah restore the honour of the Muslims
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    Im as chilling as ice-cream or ice cubes or as cool as iced tea im very tolerant and can take jokes insults etc but things with islam i burn up and i go straight on murderous vibes if they dont reason with me but yh insha'Allah remember me in duas .
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    i'll leave dawah to those who can give dawah and i never get involved with this stuff especially if the person is arrogant as he is and nor do i fancy being held up by anti terror lol
    yh ive dropped it bro but just the thought of this is bubbling me up. im a hothead i fail to understand how someone could deny logic and evidence, and when they do this is what i become.
    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    you don't understand he isn't willing to talk it over to me it seems as though he couldn't handle islam and he says its a backwards religion with no rights to the women etc and he disagrees with everything and how a woman in islam needs to be treated. i can't and i don't talk to people like this. he brought up things about the 4 male witness things when a woman is raped etc its crazy basically after speaking with him a little it's easy to tell deep down he didn't want islam he ideas and principles all go against it. i rather avoid it entirely besides i've decided to leave my workplace too i can't stand seeing scum on a daily it plays in my mind.
    Brother babadods.

    Where do I even begin?

    Look at your posts, brother. Your passion for Islaam, is apparent and commendable (May Allaah keep you firm), but you need to display maturity when dealing with other people.

    Unfortunately, we have to deal with all sorts of people out in the real world, and yes, there is a lot of hatred/twisted views of our beautiful deen, but being so emotional doesn't serve any purpose, rather, it can be destructive for you (Prevent as you mentioned).

    Think about it brother, change your approach.

  35. #35
    seeking truth and insight
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    he brought up things about the 4 male witness things when a woman is raped etc
    The victim is not punished and four witness is required to prove lewdness against her.
    Four witness is required for slander or accusing and witnessing is not limited observing the event unfold.
    It is similar to the case of Abu Jahl, where the prophet () confirmed by the stain on their swords as evidence. (dna is also unique)
    The Noble Qur'an mentioned the reconstruction of our unique finger tips and can be used as evidence.
    In the case of prophet Yusuf (), his torn cloths from behind was evidence of non-lewdness, her accusation became testimony against herself.

    If the accused denies being present in scene of the crime then his footprints, fingers, palm shape, etc would mould on the surfaces and surroundings as evidence against him.
    Injuries incurred during by her or him would be shapely evidence against him, also his hair dna on her or her hair on him, skin under his finger nail or hers, her blood on him, or his blood on her, saliva, smell, etc.
    Animals (dogs/fox can hunt a smell), environment (evaporation, condensation), temperature (sweat), food, water, waste, locality, time, date, events, noise, contaminations, illnesses, video footage, sounds or recordings, birds (crows, parrots, lyre birds), insects, etc.

    It's possible to achieve 4 expert witnesses against a false testimony for it is not subject to reminders or forgetfulness.

    Your colleague needs to think outside the box and investigate rather than pick up slogans under peer pressure.

    Only Allah knows best.


  36. #36
    king Julien XIII itsgiise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    so i found out today that a work colleague is a ex-muslim and he feels strong about it too no matter how i tell him he is being stupid, the question is do i stop talking to him? since he was on the truth but chose the wrong path knowingly
    From what i've seen most of them are munafiqs. I've often seen them trying to 'expose' muslims by either saying crap about your beliefs or that you treat them differently due to them having left the faith.

    I would be careful around him/her.

  37. #37
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    What's his ethnicity?
    Bengali

  38. #38
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by tumbirs View Post
    The victim is not punished and four witness is required to prove lewdness against her.
    Four witness is required for slander or accusing and witnessing is not limited observing the event unfold.
    It is similar to the case of Abu Jahl, where the prophet () confirmed by the stain on their swords as evidence. (dna is also unique)
    The Noble Qur'an mentioned the reconstruction of our unique finger tips and can be used as evidence.
    In the case of prophet Yusuf (), his torn cloths from behind was evidence of non-lewdness, her accusation became testimony against herself.

    If the accused denies being present in scene of the crime then his footprints, fingers, palm shape, etc would mould on the surfaces and surroundings as evidence against him.
    Injuries incurred during by her or him would be shapely evidence against him, also his hair dna on her or her hair on him, skin under his finger nail or hers, her blood on him, or his blood on her, saliva, smell, etc.
    Animals (dogs/fox can hunt a smell), environment (evaporation, condensation), temperature (sweat), food, water, waste, locality, time, date, events, noise, contaminations, illnesses, video footage, sounds or recordings, birds (crows, parrots, lyre birds), insects, etc.

    It's possible to achieve 4 expert witnesses against a false testimony for it is not subject to reminders or forgetfulness.

    Your colleague needs to think outside the box and investigate rather than pick up slogans under peer pressure.

    Only Allah knows best.
    Thats what i said brother however there are those who wish to see the sun so they look for it with open eyes and then there are those who say they want to see the sun but close their eyes and shout that there is no sun and he falls into the catagory of those who turn a blind eye and accuse such a pure religion of lies etc

  39. #39
    pizza is life babadods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    582
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by itsgiise View Post
    From what i've seen most of them are munafiqs. I've often seen them trying to 'expose' muslims by either saying crap about your beliefs or that you treat them differently due to them having left the faith.

    I would be careful around him/her.
    I understand my brother and im trying to keep calm its something i have an issue with .. issues relating to islam blow my fuse very easily. Ill have sabr and be wise jzk for the reminder

  40. #40
    موحد Abd al-Rahman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6,725
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2332 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: my work colleague is an ex muslim - what should i do

    Quote Originally Posted by babadods View Post
    you don't understand he isn't willing to talk it over to me it seems as though he couldn't handle islam and he says its a backwards religion with no rights to the women etc and he disagrees with everything and how a woman in islam needs to be treated. i can't and i don't talk to people like this. he brought up things about the 4 male witness things when a woman is raped etc its crazy basically after speaking with him a little it's easy to tell deep down he didn't want islam he ideas and principles all go against it. i rather avoid it entirely besides i've decided to leave my workplace too i can't stand seeing scum on a daily it plays in my mind.
    Exactly what i thought, Islam conflicts with the western secularism he was taught, so he rejects it, and such people will not harm Allah at all
    نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَاكُمْ فَلَوْلَا تُصَدِّقُونَ
    We have created you, so why do you not believe? (56:57)

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop