Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Acapella music

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Acapella music

Acapella music is a style of music in which the singers only use their voices to create harmony, rhythm etc. It does not use any instruments, unless you count clapping hands or snapping fingers. Is this type of music ok, or is this haram?

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2100 Post(s)

Re: Acapella music

Quote Originally Posted by oceanbreeze View Post
    Acapella music is a style of music in which the singers only use their voices to create harmony, rhythm etc. It does not use any instruments, unless you count clapping hands or snapping fingers. Is this type of music ok, or is this haram?
    I was told by a scholar it is okay as long as the lyrics do not break any Guidance's regarding Islam such as non music covers of songs promoting anything that is haram.

However...

I am very musical (I'm a convert) and music was also part of my career, which I loved with a passion. When I converted, it literally felt like I was tearing myself apart to not listen or sing melodies I knew.

Listening to acapella, though I was assured it was okay, kept me linked with music I remembered. Some anashid, though not containing any instruments, sounds so much like music, that I cannot listen to that either, as it pulls me towards music, which is haram. I can only listen to anashid which contains pure voice and drum, with no technical manipulation.

So for me, it isn't wise to fly so close to a flame that would burn me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

@Rifqah

as far as I know acapella is not Haraam but it sounds like music so it is from شبهات "doubtful things

An-Nu'man bin Bashir (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "What is lawful is clear and what is unlawful is clear, but between them are certain doubtful things which many people do not know. So he who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and his honour blameless. But he who falls into doubtful things falls into that which is unlawful, just as a shepherd who grazes his cattle in the vicinity of a pasture declared prohibited (by the king); he is likely to stray into the pasture. Mind you, every king has a protected pasture and Allah's involved limits is that which He has declared unlawful. Verily, there is a piece of flesh in the body, if it is healthy, the whole body is healthy, and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt. Verily, it is the heart."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Riyad As-salihin
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Depends what you mean by that.
    Todays technology is capable to create a string instrument out of vocal sample, than its haram.
    If lyrics is bad, its haram.

Guys humming as chords (background) is not haram.

If one instrument which is punchy and called a drum prohibited, you can not create drum by mouth, than it comes as same thing.
    You're faking just yourself if you gonna do that.
    Last edited by Muamer; 23-07-17 at 12:12 AM.

Insert clever title here Foodadad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

I would avoid making musical sounds or 'beatbox'. I mean...whats the difference between music from a guitar or electronic medium, and music from the mouth? We can get "technical" and argue about instruments, but then we overlook the spirit, the point and hikmah, ofnthe prohibition itself.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2044 Post(s)

┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foodadad View Post
    I would avoid making musical sounds or 'beatbox'. I mean...whats the difference between music from a guitar or electronic medium, and music from the mouth? We can get "technical" and argue about instruments, but then we overlook the spirit, the point and hikmah, ofnthe prohibition itself.
    If I could give up on creating music, you can too.
    Just ask yourself, do you want music to be the one thing that will take you in hell.
    I was told the same thing on other topic.

Insert clever title here Foodadad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muamer View Post
    If I could give up on creating music, you can too.
    Just ask yourself, do you want music to be the one thing that will take you in hell.
    I was told the same thing on other topic.
    Are you replying to the right post? I never said anything about creating music =p

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Sounds eerily similar to the antics of the Kuffar,

Avoid it, if you want to be safe,

Playing with fire gets one burnt eventually
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foodadad View Post
    Are you replying to the right post? I never said anything about creating music =p
    Yes.
    As you mentioned creating.
    Last edited by Muamer; 24-07-17 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

You answered right, and I quote your text aa an answer, and wrote more of mine to asker of the question.
    Beatbox is drum, and people asking this question like trying to find way to create something prohibited in lawful way....and there it comes...In between my followers there would be those which will think musical instruments...are lawful...thats why we have such questions.